Install Arc
Options

PTS Update FC_30_20120518_2015

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Cyrone85 wrote:
    Already got a build in the works for Protogen. Just need to get him on PTS.
    *Lurks behind taking notes*

Thanks Nannerpus, I'll try that. ^_^

EDIT: Just dawned on me...
    Since AT can't select their roles (IIRC), what are the Grimoires gonna be stucked with?
    Hybrid, like they're described as on the creation screen?
    Support?
    Cause if they go Hybrid, they take a nerf from the lower buff-self, and not being able to switch to support, they are effectively less attractive for a team.
    Inversely, if stuck in support...
    Makes it way harder to solo.
    What do you guys have in store for them?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Aspect of Bestial is no longer displaying that god awefull aura. Is this intended or a bug? Please tell me this is intended. I've been avoiding that powerset because I want to be able to see me own character.

Other than that, I'm glad to see rage stacks becoming available to more melee trees without having to rely on defiance.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    EDIT: Just dawned on me...
    Since AT can't select their roles (IIRC), what are the Grimoires gonna be stucked with?
    Hybrid, like they're described as on the creation screen?
    Support?
    Cause if they go Hybrid, they take a nerf from the lower buff-self, and not being able to switch to support, they are effectively less attractive for a team.
    Inversely, if stuck in support...
    Makes it way harder to solo.
    What do you guys have in store for them?

That's a good question.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Medical Nanites' heal is now pretty great (About 500 to self in Hybrid, 450 to allies in Support). Now, if it would just get another alternate effect like on of the ones discussed in this thread, it would be perfect. My personal preferences would be Removing one debuff per rank per tick, and/or restoring Energy to allies with every tick.

Also, could you please let Medical Nanites stack Compassion when healing others? I know that might be a silly request, but what about something like one stack per tick, or maybe even less than that. The truth is that most Gadgeteerins Support characters, including the Inventor AT, doesn't have anything that can stack Compassion in a good way, especially since Bionic Shielding does NOT stack it, and even if it did, you wouldn't want to risk putting it on a cooldown just to gain some stacks of Compassion.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Hm .. Bug or working as intended ?

Aspect of the Infernal seems to be totally weird now .. charging Defile builds stacks of Infernal Strength
    while Epidemic builds up Concentration :confused:

Also .. even on Rank 3 Aspect, i have only 1 stack Concentration to start with.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Beldin2 wrote:
    Hm .. Bug or working as intended ?

Aspect of the Infernal seems to be totally weird now .. charging Defile builds stacks of Infernal Strength
    while Epidemic builds up Concentration :confused:

Also .. even on Rank 3 Aspect, i have only 1 stack Concentration to start with.

Yeah, still just wish they would have left the Aspects the hell alone. I get not having Ethereal anymore, but Infernal was fine as is, as was Beastial (other than the animation everyone hated).

The new Infernal Animation Bites, the new usage of Concentration removes Infernals ability to run Hybrid Ranged and Bestial Melee together, also completely removing the effectiveness of Devrour Essence on Infernal.

Change this skill back, the new version sucks.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I would also like to add that in the PnP game it's common to give Regen characters some RD (damage absorption) to represent that small injuries heal too quickly to be noticed. Some damage absorption would be a good addition to this power in addition to some heal debuff resistance.

Mechanically speaking, yes. That's a simple and effective solution that interacts well with blocking and Regen's existing functionality to make it a viable tank power.

Thematically speaking, I prefer the ideas that simply prevent a Regen from dying (easily) due to damage.

It just doesn't feel like Regen if you aren't making heal-focused support players spaz out and eventually give up.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I see they got my report about medical nanites... but how com regen still requires you to block in order to gain a larger amount than normal health back out of it :confused:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    The regen amount is based on incoming damage. You take enough damage, regen amount goes up. Block or not. Even the diminishing amount that kicks in while blocking according to the tooltip can be overridden by the increase to amounts based on damage. Seems to be working as intended. But i'd still add, changeing the heals to every second, and 1/3 the stregnth of each heal, adding some heal debuff protection, and some scaling mitigation based on current hp total.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    How about having the advantage form the force EB *heal* your PFF for the shield amount, if it isn't at full health?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    biostem wrote:
    How about having the advantage form the force EB *heal* your PFF for the shield amount, if it isn't at full health?

I'd like to see an aggressive force aura to debuff foes' damage strength.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    biostem wrote:

It would have to be a split in the function then, but yeah I can see that. Currently that thing acts as an Energy Form which is a nice quick fix for Force Cascade.

If it retained its Energy Form qualities with PFF and still healed it, I can see that. I would also like it to retain its own shield if not on PFF.

And saying all that, I'd think the Advantage points it would cost would have to be increased to make it valued correctly.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Personal Force Field:
    -The In Combat shield regeneration penalty has been removed.

Field Surge:
    -This power now grants its shield OVER other shields (including Personal Force Field).

At first I was like :D
    And then I was like :confused:

By "In Combat" I guess it was referring to the regen penalty the shield gets for taking damage. To me, that was just fine.

What I was hoping for was my out of combat regen reading "521" staying at 521 when I enter combat and then lowering to 261 after the shield has taken a beating.

Currently the shield regen stays constant at 261 every 3 seconds when in combat, tripled when blocking, regardless of shield strength. *Edit* Disregard this. Tooltip doesn't give accurate regen readings when shield takes damage. */Edit*

And Field Surge is not acting as you have stated. This is from my combat log:

"Your Personal Force Field absorbs 159 damage.

Your Field Surge absorbs 15 (8) damage."

PFF is still taking the damage first and the bleed through is going to Field Surge.

Please restore the shield regen penalty for taking damage and remove the regen penalty for entering combat.

Edit: Disregard red text...for now. :p
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Cyrone85 wrote:
    At first I was like :D
    And then I was like :confused:
    By "In Combat" I guess it was referring to the regen penalty the shield gets for taking damage. To me, that was just fine.
    What I was hoping for was my out of combat regen reading "521" staying at 521 when I enter combat and then lowering to 261 after the shield has taken a beating.
    Currently the shield regen stays constant at 261 every 3 seconds when in combat, tripled when blocking, regardless of shield strength.
    And Field Surge is not acting as you have stated. This is from my combat log:
    "Your Personal Force Field absorbs 159 damage.
    Your Field Surge absorbs 15 (8) damage."

PFF is still taking the damage first and the bleed through is going to Field Surge.
    Please restore the shield regen penalty for taking damage and remove the regen penalty for entering combat.

>_>
    <_<
    APRIL'S FOOL!
    No, simpler than that:
    Additionally, we have some changes that didnt make it into this build, but should be in an upcoming one! Please keep the feedback coming!

Enrage:
    -*UPDATED* Enrage has a 4 second cooldown on stacking from knocks.

Personal Force Field:
    -The In Combat shield regeneration penalty has been removed.

Field Surge:
    -This power now grants its shield OVER other shields (including Personal Force Field).
    Not yet, not yet... ^_^
  • Options
    edited May 2012

>_>
    <_<
    APRIL'S FOOL!
    No, simpler than that:

Not yet, not yet... ^_^

Ah, I missed the part that you highlighted due to excitement.

Edit: Answered my own question, which I then removed said question.

Edit 2: Still recovering from being revived by paramedics this morning before work after reading what GC posted about PFF. :cool:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Oh... well I'm glad that has been pointed out. Still, very much looking forward to testing the PFF changes when they do make it to test!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Enantios wrote:
    Bug: multiple travel powers can be activated at once

yep, this bug is hilarious but a serious one, had swinging with athletics activated, along with ss plus acrobatic, ss+ mach speed, etc.

NO! This must not be changed!

Rainbow in the Dark travel must live on!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Kaiserin wrote:

Ahahahahaha.

Now why didn't I think of that?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Dark Flight?
    *drools*
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    NisDiddums wrote:
    Content:
    • Drifter: The Drifter's store has new stock! Go talk to the Drifter in Ren Cen to see what new things he has to offer!

Bad to say but... I can't find any reason to buy Drifter's grab bag for his poor lineup. ;(

Plz sell cursed AT at there at least.

Also, 20% Questionite bonus costs 100 Drifter's salvage is too expensive. It should be 15-20 or so. :(
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    monaahiru6 wrote:
    Bad to say but... I can't find any reason to buy Drifter's grab bag for his poor lineup. ;(
    Plz sell cursed AT at there at least.
    Also, 20% Questionite bonus costs 100 Drifter's salvage is too expensive. It should be 15-20 or so. :(
    Or just add a way to gain Drifter's salvage... (other than the stinky Crapbags...)
    I dunno, another daily?
    Or lower the Q reward for doing MI Crisis daily to 500Q + 1 salvage?
    Or 1 salvage for doing Lem Crisis daily?

I dunno, just ideas.
    I'd personally prefer the last option: keep 1.5 k Q for MI, and 1 (or more) salvage(s) for doing Lem Crisis.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I might have to start using PFF now, I've been waiting for a good excuse to use it.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Kaiserin wrote:

Jet Boots + Jet Pack. Awesome for Mech characters.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Cyrone85 wrote:
    Jet Boots + Jet Pack. Awesome for Mech characters.

I like where this is going. Aw-riiiiiiiight.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Oops, Plasma Beam stuff should probably go in the Power Armor thread.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Galactiman wrote:
    , and the powers just doesn't work at all if the target isn't on the same plane as the player.

Agreed. Some additional smart-targeting for Plasma Beam has been a common request and I hope it's not something that's going to be unlikely to happen because of tech/code work. :/

It'd be a huge usability/QoL boost for the power.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Another thing that would be nice is if the max maintain time was increased.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Sigma7 wrote:
    I was thinking the same thing but i don't think we would see those powers reworked until their respective framework passes.

I would really like 2 gun mojo to get something more thematic and self contained. I'm missing the point of 2 gun mojo giving a stack of concentration after a maintain when maintaining is how you get stacks of concentration any way.

With TK assault, i get a stack of concentration on maintain and the escalating crit chance built into the power instead of something redundant.

Suggestion:

What if 2 gun mojo interacted with concentration instead of stacking it redundantly?

Hell no. What if I dont want to run Concentration on my Dual gun toon? So TGM is the only way now to get power that interacts with concentration to work with say... Focus, Enrage and Compasion?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I'm not that thrilled by the PFF upgrade (well, it's more a "hey, you can now fight with one arm tied in your back instead of both!" than an actual upgrade, but whatever)
    Sure, it's good news, and a good start. But I think PFF's pretty much waaay behind the other def passives...

- Regen : 4 adv pts and you're set!
    - Invul : 4 adv pts and you're set!
    - Defiance : Profit ! Well, maybe rank 2, 2 adv pts
    - LR : 1 power slot + 2 adv pts (BCR+RR) and voil
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    The new Aspect of the Infernal animation is crap. Why did it need to be changed? After multiple people on here were expressing concerns of losing the animation if they were forced to switch to another toggle, you go and inexplicably kill the animation? I've never once seen anyone complain about the original animation. Change it back please.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Swinging's advantage Flippin'.. at no point does the power grant the bonuses to dodge and avoid (primarily avoid) that it claims to. I am assuming it 'technically' does but thanks to diminishing returns which, due to a base dodge/avoid of 10/20%, the amount is already being curbed even when gearless. Additionally, while the amount of dodge is close, the amount of avoid listed on Flippin' doesn't even attempt to pretend to be accurate.

Examples:
    • Without gear, Flippin' lists 4/21% dodge/avoid. Toggling Swinging on and the character sheet reads 13.4% dodge (up from 10%, a difference of 0.6%) and 31.4% avoid (up from 20%, a difference of 9.6%.)

• With gear (127 dodge/137 avoid), Flippin' lists 2.1/21% dodge/avoid. Toggling Swinging on and the character sheet reads 41.1% dodge (up from 39.2%, a difference of 0.2%) and 61.9% avoid (up from 58.7%, a difference of 17.8%.)
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Dai-Solaar wrote:
    So... still no word on giving Plasma Beam emanation point choices? Please? Pretty please with sugar on top?

We tried. We tried and we failed. /seppuku
  • Options
    edited May 2012
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    We tried. We tried and we failed. /seppuku

:( C'est la vie, I suppose. Is it one of those hypertechnical things? I'm kind of curious now where it broke. >_>
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    :( C'est la vie, I suppose. Is it one of those hypertechnical things? I'm kind of curious now where it broke. >_>

Would require much more animation support than we have for this update.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Galactiman wrote:
    The new Aspect of the Infernal animation is crap. Why did it need to be changed? After multiple people on here were expressing concerns of losing the animation if they were forced to switch to another toggle, you go and inexplicably kill the animation? I've never once seen anyone complain about the original animation. Change it back please.

This. I don't claim to read every post on these boards but I read...a lot of them I'll say. To date, I can think of one person who asked for the Infernal Aspect to have an aura change and dozens of people (myself included) asked that it remain untouched and that only AotB get it's aura changed or removed (this is actually a LONG standing community request).

Please put the infernal aura back. Changing the aura is killing the concept of one of my established level-capped characters for a non-gameplay related reason...again. And I'm not the only one either.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Then there's a faint glimmer of hope for some far flung future! :D

Much appreciated, Akinos. o7
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Infernal: Devour Essence: Range increased to 15ft.
    Infernal: Devour Essence: Now uses ranged damage tables.
  • Options
    edited May 2012

That's going to make a lot of people happy and play nicer with the concentration toggle...and at the same time, I know it's going to get some people heated as well though I'm not in that group this time.
  • Options
    edited May 2012

Welp, guess that's staying in Countess' build then.

EDIT:
    That's going to make a lot of people happy and play nicer with the concentration toggle...and at the same time, I know it's going to get some people heated as well though I'm not in that group this time.

It's a very interesting change, for sure, and I don't disagree with this at all. Putting it on the Ranged Damage scalar (nevermind the range boost) is a pretty good way to get it to play nice with the set (et. all) insofar as damage buffs.

The range boost, I'm gonna need a minute to continue processing. Ye gods.
  • Options
    edited May 2012

Or just add a way to gain Drifter's salvage... (other than the stinky Crapbags...)
    I dunno, another daily?
    Or lower the Q reward for doing MI Crisis daily to 500Q + 1 salvage?
    Or 1 salvage for doing Lem Crisis daily?

I dunno, just ideas.
    I'd personally prefer the last option: keep 1.5 k Q for MI, and 1 (or more) salvage(s) for doing Lem Crisis.

Indeed, players would start trying to get salvages if it was worth it.
    80 C-P for a non-tradeable bag holding a handful of special currencies (at least 100 are required for something interesting) and a very rare chance to get a consumable, while on the other side you have the tradeable Mountain Bag giving you a guaranteed yet random costume unlock and other random devices.

And of course, one can be obtained for free via a daily mission while the other can't.

Where is my slow clap processor?
  • Options
    edited May 2012

any change you might consider making bullet beatdown ranged or at least allow it to interact with focus instead of enrage for the other choice since right now its either enrage or concentration that triggers the advantage and I feel using focus would work better than enrage.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Roadwulf wrote:
    Sentinel is STILL at 70% nerf, which means they didn't listen to a damn word said about why it was a bad idea to nerf the existing functionality flat across the board.

And the auras are STILL taking a major hit in Hybrid.

*sigh* this update is just gonna suck.

Roadwulf, I'm normally not one to call for nerfs. But Sentinel Aura needed to be hit with the nerf bat. It's currently just too good. Last night I was healing players fight a Mega-Destroyer. Generally I'll fire up a Circle of Primal Dominion for my own protection. Bit last night I didn't bother because Sentinel Aura was more then enough combined with the rest of the Celestial Passive Healing to keep me on my feet.
  • Options
    edited May 2012

Huh :eek:

Oh .. and then it would also pushed from Avenger Role :eek:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    serju wrote:
    I see they got my report about medical nanites... but how com regen still requires you to block in order to gain a larger amount than normal health back out of it :confused:

I was testing my Supernatural Besatil character. Regeneration performs as per the tool tips. Base 547 shooting up at 1447 when I'm in combat. And it decreasing massively to near base 547 when I block.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Beldin2 wrote:
    Huh :eek: :eek:

Your prayers have been answered.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    fuzun wrote:
    Roadwulf, I'm normally not one to call for nerfs. But Sentinel Aura needed to be hit with the nerf bat. It's currently just too good. Last night I was healing players fight a Mega-Destroyer. Generally I'll fire up a Circle of Primal Dominion for my own protection. Bit last night I didn't bother because Sentinel Aura was more then enough combined with the rest of the Celestial Passive Healing to keep me on my feet.

Didn't say it didn't need to be nerfed, said the manner in which it was is wrong.

I posted a Rework thread in this forum if you're interested.

Devour Essence:
    Not the proper solution, but whatever.
    Now it no longer works properly for Beastial since its not a Melee power anymore.

Just change Aspect of the Infernal back please. It was working perfectly the way it was.
    Especially the FX please
  • Options
    edited May 2012

This makes me sad... 1 point adv to make it melee again please...
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Your prayers have been answered.

Hm .. maybe .. but its not really what i wanted i think .. a little unsure what my opinion about that is at the moment.

Problem is, that DE is also often used in pure melee builds, and they now got the shaft. The old aspect was
    simply the best rounded soution.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I do think there should be a much shorter cooldown on Fire All Weapons; 90 seconds is a bit too much. 30-50 seconds would be ideal. But it should be nerfed down about, oh, say, 20%.