Install Arc

PTS Update FC_30_20120518_2015

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Beldin2 wrote:
    TK-Blades -> FoTT
    TK-Burst/Lance .. -> Mental Disciple

If they want to get rid of all old mutiplicative toggles, then they also have to kill that.

Not that i want that .. but for me they could have even left aggressor and aspect of the bestial in its old form
    as an alternative to enrage. Personally i would have liked to see more of these kind of toggles for other framesets
    and not to change them all now into these generic kind of toggles.

Wrong, actually thanks to Straxus, we have seen the numbers of FoTT and MD are almost the same, not to mention that Disciple AT (Melee) Uses Mental Discipline. They didn't overlook it, they are using their heads.
    edited May 2012
    So I have a problem that doesn't really seem to be getting addressed:

Bestial and the Brick framework have excessive ways to apply Rage (Munitions does too but that actually benefits the set now so I'll leave that out of this). This is a problem as such effects on powers are now redundant and a bane on the set, as they provide no real use due to the introduction of the Rage form.

Will these sets be reworked so their old ways to apply rage now apply something more useful to the set before this patch hits live?

Bestial has always had excessive ways to apply one stack of Rage, but the Brick framework in particular is completely built around rage application and such a radical change could only wreak havoc.

List of powers that apply Rage in these sets that should be addressed:

Bestial:
    Frenzy
    Bite + Furor Venom
    Resurgence + Evanescent Resurgence
    Howl (This may be one power to leave alone as it can apply enrage to a team).

Might:
    Clobber + Onslaught
    Haymaker
    Roomsweeper
    Iron Chain + Vortex technique
    Thunderclap
    Havoc Stomp

Heavy Weapons:
    Eruption (seems *really* redundant to have it refresh enrage when it's a knock already)
    Cleave
    Skewer
    Earth Splitter
    Vicious Descent

Earth:
    Cave In + Aggressive Gravitation
    Seismic Smash
    edited May 2012
    AFAIK, a lot of the ranged powers that applied Enraged before now apply Concentration instead, and the grand majority of those sets you listed are melee and have direct benefit from Enrage (and have ways to stack it up that aren't using knocks).

Iiii don't see too much of an issue. Except if the 3s cooldown affects them, as well.

EDIT: 3s, my bad.

EDIT again: Though it's worded like only the energy return is on a 3s cooldown, so now I'm not sure if you can still use, say, Arc/Cleave to stack Enraged! stupid fast or if it's only one-stack per 3s. Still...
    edited May 2012
    Having one power that applies rage in a set is passable, having that many is not.
    edited May 2012
    Kaiserin wrote:
    Having one power that applies rage in a set is passable, having that many is not.

I get that was your point, I suppose I should have been better to clarify that my question is 'Why do you feel that way?'

EDIT: Clarification - I realize that with the change that makes Enrage itself a power-tax in order to stack more then 8 stacks. But, so is Concentration for Munitions at this point, and it was always a bit of a power tax for Martial Arts sets to begin with. The same with +Damage toggles in other sets.
    edited May 2012
    I greatly appreciate the work being done to bring PFF and Regeneration up to par with the more popular defensive passives. Especially PFF. Definitely looking forward to seeing how it performs now.
    edited May 2012
    It's sad that someone playing Infernal, which, I'm sorry, is possibly the most stupidly overpowered set in the game right now, doesn't get exactly what they want and a bag of chips, and their immediate response is to start nerf-herding a power that just performs about on-par, or slightly below par with most of the stuff currently in the game.
    edited May 2012
    Beldin2 wrote:

Btw.: has ever anything said about diminishing return on the Focus / Enrage, or can you still stack 500 DEX
    to get 30% per stack or whatever ?

Did a quick test. 598dex got me 22%
    edited May 2012
    ...Personal Force Field: The In Combat shield regeneration penalty has been removed.
    Field Surge: This power now grants its shield OVER other shields (including Personal Force Field).
    Cyrone85 see's this and faints mid post :eek:
    edited May 2012
    Just tried FoTT and Concentration with a ranged build with 258 DEX and 74 EGO .. ranged is nearly the same
    with both, but melee of course a lot better with FotT. Defile with 8 stacks however went down from 4760
    with Aspect to around 4400.

Also Epidemic and DE didn't built up concentration, it only worked with Defile charges. maybe not important
    for pure Infernal, but if you want to mix with other powers and use the generic concentration skill.

i can live with the damage .. thats not the problem .. but i will really miss the aura :(
    edited May 2012
    I get that was your point, I suppose I should have been better to clarify that my question is 'Why do you feel that way?'

EDIT: Clarification - I realize that with the change that makes Enrage itself a power-tax in order to stack more then 8 stacks. But, so is Concentration for Munitions at this point, and it was always a bit of a power tax for Martial Arts sets to begin with. The same with +Damage toggles in other sets.

I like well constructed sets that have effects that enhance the playability of the set and that make sense. Infernal is a good set, as it's powers all play with one another to quickly stack up and maintain poison as well as added debuffs. Telekinesis is a good framework, as it's form plays with the effectiveness of it's powers.

The Brick framework made sense when Rage was not a toggle, now I perceive it as a mess of superfluous ways to stack Rage that have no outside benefit to the set. If say it had abilities that consumed Rage for added benefit, then it would make sense for it to have all those Rage building abilities, but it doesn't.

Bestial has always had this problem, since it could never actually stack rage within the set to begin with. Dropping the rage abilities for say, bleeds, bleed refreshers or ruptures would enhance the set more so than being able to kinda stack rage a little quicker.
    edited May 2012
    Since we're making so many changes, can we get Frenzy as a maintain? I know this has probably been brought up, but still.
    edited May 2012
    jimhsu wrote:
    Since we're making so many changes, can we get Frenzy as a maintain? I know this has probably been brought up, but still.

THIS PLZ:D
    edited May 2012
    Additionally, we have some changes that didnt make it into this build, but should be in an upcoming one! Please keep the feedback coming!

Personal Force Field:
    -The In Combat shield regeneration penalty has been removed.

Field Surge:
    -This power now grants its shield OVER other shields (including Personal Force Field).

j0ya9.gif<--- my reaction to this

I actually will be able to build doc the way i wanted him originally (partially because i hate the bling effect with invincible.) Speaking of which is there any chance we can get a zero point advantage to invincible that removes the visual effect :3?
    edited May 2012
    Promising changes so far. I'm quite comfortable with what I'm seeing. I do think there needs a few minor tweaks like some more significant stuff done to Regeneration and PFF, but it's a good start... more so PFF than anything else. Good job though :D
    edited May 2012
    Bug :
    Concentration - Maintain Epidemic or Devour Essence gives no stacks of concentration
    Aspect of the Infernal : Epidemic builds stacks to quick i think (no delay like Form of the Tempest)

edited, since the first bug was a failure on my side :o
    edited May 2012
    Bug: multiple travel powers can be activated at once

yep, this bug is hilarious but a serious one, had swinging with athletics activated, along with ss plus acrobatic, ss+ mach speed, etc.
    edited May 2012
    Bug: Snap Shot and Shuriken Throw still do not proc concentration from 25ft +.
    edited May 2012
    Would it be possible to give concussor beams an advantage that either removes the repel function, or make sit a repel-toward your character instead?

Can we get an explanation of what "Plasma burn" actually does, and will other powers in the PA set get more of an interaction with it? If it is intended to be PA's unique characteristic, perhaps it could get a form or secondary energy unlock that works off of it as well.
    edited May 2012
    Beldin2 wrote:
    Yeah .. but if Aspect now only gives us concentration, that also just scales with EGO or INT, it is simply a
    bad choice damagewise against FoTT, and i would prefer of course more DE damage over a little more
    AoE damage against trash.

Quit complaining, you act as if the pve is hard, take infernal if you want the aura, take tempest if you want more damage, it really doesn't matter.
    edited May 2012
    BUG: Overdrive is not scaling, it is 10 per tick, Kapala has 280 Int and 69 End.
    edited May 2012
    BUG:: Fire all weapons has a chance to make users computer black screen and freeze. happened once, then retested to confirm.
    my system specs[cause i know theyll be asked for]
    AMD Athalon 3.0Ghz dual core processor
    3GB DDR2 RAM
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 superclocked
    edited May 2012
    I see Aspect of the Bestial doesn't have it's constant aura now, but instead gives you a bit of a supernatural glow around the arms and red glowy eyes when Enraged.

I honestly was wanting the old aura. :(

EDIT: Actually, AotB has NO aura. The aura I was seeing in battle was WotW.
    edited May 2012
    kallethen wrote:
    I see Aspect of the Bestial doesn't have it's constant aura now, but instead gives you a bit of a supernatural glow around the arms and red glowy eyes when Enraged.

I honestly was wanting the old aura. :(

EDIT: Actually, AotB has NO aura. The aura I was seeing in battle was WotW.

Aotb losing it's aura is the greatest thing to happen, ever. It was horrid.

Regarding the power, can it get an advantage of some sort or get endorphin rush copied over?
    edited May 2012
    Thank you for removing Aspect of the Bestial's god awful aura.

Now, onto other more concerns from my view point. I can't comment on single blade powers directly, but will be adding them in a round about way;

Bleeds
    Both Single Blade: MA and Supernatural Bestial need to be able to have a chance on all applicable powers to aply bleeds. 15% chance will do.

Massacre
    In addition to the 15% to inflict bleeds with this power, Bloody Mess also refreshes any active bleeds on the target now.

Frenzy
    Remove the enrage at the end and give this a 15% chance per swipe to inflict bleed. Reduce Fear Sense to a 1 point advantage and make it a 15% damage bonus. Finally, bonus points if you can change this into a maintain power, as it's obvious it's not going to be made a combo power, despite it being a combo power. Maintain for 3 seconds would work out great. Lose the third animation and just alternate between the left right swing, possibly speeding the animation up during the maintain (not the damage ticks).

Pounce
    15% chance to inflict bleed of course, but Furious Rush taking this advantage increases the bleed chance to 100%. Remove the 30% damage increase while enraged.

Aspect of the Bestial
    Special Talent: Predator's Guile - Bleeds you inflict reduce the targets resistance 2% per bleed. This stacks up to 5 times.

Replace Aspect of the Bestial's icon with the stack icon that is currently being used on live. Looks like a wolf shredding up at an angle I believe.

Regeneration
    To be blunt, again, 30% increase to healing isn't going to do much for Regeneration. Healing is not the problem for this power. The fact it can be devastated by healing debuff effects and the ever increasing amount of spike damage is what is hurting this defensive. 30% isn't needed. Give this resistance to healing debuffing and give it some amount of secondary mitigation. Maybe some damage reduction or even a bit of dodge.
    edited May 2012
    Silverspar wrote:
    Thank you for removing Aspect of the Bestial's god awful aura.

Now, onto other more concerns from my view point. I can't comment on single blade powers directly, but will be adding them in a round about way;

Bleeds
    Both Single Blade: MA and Supernatural Bestial need to be able to have a chance on all applicable powers to aply bleeds. 15% chance will do.

Massacre
    In addition to the 15% to inflict bleeds with this power, Bloody Mess also refreshes any active bleeds on the target now.

Frenzy
    Remove the enrage at the end and give this a 15% chance per swipe to inflict bleed. Reduce Fear Sense to a 1 point advantage and make it a 15% damage bonus. Finally, bonus points if you can change this into a maintain power, as it's obvious it's not going to be made a combo power, despite it being a combo power. Maintain for 3 seconds would work out great. Lose the third animation and just alternate between the left right swing, possibly speeding the animation up during the maintain (not the damage ticks).

Pounce
    15% chance to inflict bleed of course, but Furious Rush taking this advantage increases the bleed chance to 100%. Remove the 30% damage increase while enraged.

Aspect of the Bestial
    Special Talent: Predator's Guile - Bleeds you inflict reduce the targets resistance 2% per bleed. This stacks up to 5 times.

Replace Aspect of the Bestial's icon with the stack icon that is currently being used on live. Looks like a wolf shredding up at an angle I believe.

Regeneration
    To be blunt, again, 30% increase to healing isn't going to do much for Regeneration. Healing is not the problem for this power. The fact it can be devastated by healing debuff effects and the ever increasing amount of spike damage is what is hurting this defensive. 30% isn't needed. Give this resistance to healing debuffing and give it some amount of secondary mitigation. Maybe some damage reduction or even a bit of dodge.

I like your suggestions. As for regeneration, it'd be cool if it gave you an amount of damage absorption inversely proportional with your hitpoints - when you get really low on health, that damage absorption could buy you some time.

I'd also like to see bestial get its own block power.

I think that pounce should always apply a bleed if you lunge from more than 20' away. I'd also like to see bite get an advantage that heals you if you bite a bleeding target.

I love the idea of frenzy becoming a maintain.
    edited May 2012
    biostem wrote:
    I like your suggestions. As for regeneration, it'd be cool if it gave you an amount of damage absorption inversely proportional with your hitpoints - when you get really low on health, that damage absorption could buy you some time.

I'd also like to see bestial get its own block power.

I think that pounce should always apply a bleed if you lunge from more than 20' away. I'd also like to see bite get an advantage that heals you if you bite a bleeding target.

I love the idea of frenzy becoming a maintain.

I'd love a block to, but I am just taking baby steps and trying to get changes to the powers as they apply right now. The block I would love to see is the double arm bar for bestial. Not the single arm up they would most likely use.
    edited May 2012
    Kaiserin wrote:
    Bestial and the Brick framework have excessive ways to apply Rage (Munitions does too but that actually benefits the set now so I'll leave that out of this). This is a problem as such effects on powers are now redundant and a bane on the set, as they provide no real use due to the introduction of the Rage form.

I was thinking the same thing but i don't think we would see those powers reworked until their respective framework passes.

I would really like 2 gun mojo to get something more thematic and self contained. I'm missing the point of 2 gun mojo giving a stack of concentration after a maintain when maintaining is how you get stacks of concentration any way.

With TK assault, i get a stack of concentration on maintain and the escalating crit chance built into the power instead of something redundant.

Suggestion:

What if 2 gun mojo interacted with concentration instead of stacking it redundantly?
    edited May 2012
    Sigma7 wrote:
    I was thinking the same thing but i don't think we would see those powers reworked until their respective framework passes.

I would really like 2 gun mojo to get something more thematic and self contained. I'm missing the point of 2 gun mojo giving a stack of concentration after a maintain when maintaining is how you get stacks of concentration any way.

With TK assault, i get a stack of concentration on maintain and the escalating crit chance built into the power instead of something redundant.

Suggestion:

What if 2 gun mojo interacted with concentration instead of stacking it redundantly?

Hmm... maybe just give 2GM the ramping up of damage per tic like some other powers have.
    edited May 2012
    Kua wrote:
    I love the change to Aspect of the Bestial but I wonder... is it possible for it to get the growth advantage since it can stack enrage now?
    It will be done.
    Maybe Concentration could get that too? :D
    edited May 2012
    I agree with Silverspar's recommendations.

I would also like to add that in the PnP game it's common to give Regen characters some RD (damage absorption) to represent that small injuries heal too quickly to be noticed. Some damage absorption would be a good addition to this power in addition to some heal debuff resistance.

EDIT: Aspect of the Beastial is getting growth? Thank you! I was worried about my Beastial/Defiance/Growth toon,
    edited May 2012
    Is it possible to include 0 advantage point that removes the aura effect with Aura of Primal Majesty?
    The magic rune word effect seems a bit odd with technology themed characters etc...

Please keep up the good work. :)
    edited May 2012
    Silverspar wrote:
    Regeneration

How about "A single hit can't get you below 5% HP if you had 90% HP or more before taking the hit" ?
    Numbers to be discussed, I'm just throwing a concept here...
    It's like Wolverine/Deadpool/etc, you think it's a fatal blow, but the regen kicks in and saves them from a hopeless wound
    edited May 2012
    Personal Force Field:

Field Surge:
    -This power now grants its shield OVER other shields (including Personal Force Field).

My face became your avatar when I read this GC. :D
    edited May 2012
    Bug : Concentration - Not refreshing or generating new stacks w/ Rebuke and Celestial Conduit

When these 2 Celestial powers are doing damage shouldn't they be able to gain stacks.
    • You gain a stack of Concentration whenever you half charge or maintain a power for at least 4 ticks. Additionally, you gain stacks whenever you strike a foe from more than 25 feet away.
    edited May 2012
    Moar, MOAR nerfs to melles! Let's make people completely give up on playing them!
    edited May 2012
    Kien. wrote:
    Moar, MOAR nerfs to melles! Let's make people completely give up on playing them!
    It's ironic because the only melee abilities that need to be nerfed are the Dragon attacks, yet they were the melee abilities least affected by these changes.
    edited May 2012
    Concentration, Compassion, Manipulator
    1.) You can run these 3 "form"s at the same time.
    2.) Need better Icons and animations. Crrently, the buff icons look like Focus; and the animations are exactly the same as Form of the Tempest.

3.) Compassion: Won't be triggered by click heal (test powers: Conviction (heal self), Mindful Reinforcement, Bionic Shielding)
    4.) Compassion: Won't be triggered by Celestial powers (test powers: Radiance, Rebuke, Celestial Conduit)
    5.) Compassion: I only successfully gain an additional stack from Psionic Healing when I try to heal some others in powers house. However, the additional stack won't be applied at the beginning of healing, but at 3/4 full maintain; and sometimes, Psionic Healing just refresh, but not apply a new one.
    6.) Manipulator: won't apply new stack -- I never got more than 1 stack. (Test power: Ego Storm + Malevolent Manifestation advantage, Taser Arrow)

7.) Simple conclustion to Compassion and Manipulator: Completely broken or unfinished.

Concentration, 2 Gun Mojo and Gatling Gun.
    Gatling Gun with advantage does apply an additional stack of concentration. While 2 Gun Mojo doesn't apply a new stack but just refresh concentration, it can be considered that this power is nerfed -- it loses its previous character -- gain a buff stack. Please provide it a new factor. It's already week enough. (ex: become a 30 degree narrow cone attack)

OverDrive
    This is the only one which isn't scaled by REC. Please make it scaled by REC and the higher one between INT and END.
    edited May 2012
    Hopefully now people will see that PFF can be buffed without it instantly unbalancing the game and turning every player into a pre-nerf Draconis unkillable nightmare.

I still think PFF will need a bit more of an upward tweak, but this is a fantastic first step, I applaud the devs for making it.

Making the rest of the bubbles (protection field, mindful reinforcement) stack 'outside' the PFF would do good. They work as temporary protection to allow you to recover - this is how they work for everyone else. No reason why they couldn't work that way for PFF too - which conceptually should have the most synergy with them, not the least.

It might even make them work as a form of 'block' power for PFF - you see a big attack building.. and you pop PF to protect your PFF from that attack.
    edited May 2012
    Yukitsuki wrote:
    Making the rest of the bubbles (protection field, mindful reinforcement) stack 'outside' the PFF would do good. They work as temporary protection to allow you to recover - this is how they work for everyone else. No reason why they couldn't work that way for PFF too - which conceptually should have the most synergy with them, not the least.

I have been saying this for ages. It ****es me off that Personal Force Field gets next to no benefit from Protection Field when it is coming from the same power set, but every single other passive user in the game can gain the full benefit of this power.

It's unjustifiable.
    edited May 2012
    Making Unbreakable stack outside PFF would also be nice.
    edited May 2012
    Endorphin's Rush's 1st tick doesn't heal you, only 2 other ticks at 3 and 6th seconds do.

Concentration doesn't count as Technology power and doesn't unlock other Technology trees, unlike focus or enrage for example

Not like it matters

Oh and can't we move Enrage and other toggles to tier 1 now, considering that all forums are tier 1? Also they all should unlock all power trees in which they are available once u pick them up.
    edited May 2012
    Personal Force Field:

Field Surge:
    *worships*
    Thank yoo!

protoss_logo8989Thumb.jpg
    En taro Adun! We haz shields!

Else, re:Plasma Beam, are there plans to turn it into a toggle?

Also I have a slight issue with this power, ergonomy-wise: I play using the keyboard to move (FPS style), and I also use both mouse buttons to look/move.
    Usually, when I use a power, in our case, a maintain, I just click the icon and keep it pressed for the duration.
    Now, with this power, if I try to do the same, I start running around (first and only maintain that does this so far)...
    Any way it can be made to "remember" it's been pressed and carry on for its full duration?
    (Also, if anyone has a solution, I'm listening)

Lastly, is the FX final?
    edited May 2012

Personal Force Field:

Field Surge:

Huh, so all that *****ing last night had a purpose afterall.

Cool. :cool:

However,

Sentinel is STILL at 70% nerf, which means they didn't listen to a damn word said about why it was a bad idea to nerf the existing functionality flat across the board.

And the auras are STILL taking a major hit in Hybrid.

*sigh* this update is just gonna suck.
    edited May 2012
    Roadwulf wrote:
    Huh, so all that *****ing last night had a purpose afterall.

Cool. :cool:.

I don't think it was just from yesterday. ^_^
    edited May 2012

*worships*
    Thank yoo!
    Else, re:Plasma Beam, are there plans to turn it into a toggle?

Also I have a slight issue with this power, ergonomy-wise: I play using the keyboard to move (FPS style), and I also use both mouse buttons to look/move.
    Usually, when I use a power, in our case, a maintain, I just click the icon and keep it pressed for the duration.
    Now, with this power, if I try to do the same, I start running around (first and only maintain that does this so far)...
    Any way it can be made to "remember" it's been pressed and carry on for its full duration?
    (Also, if anyone has a solution, I'm listening)

Lastly, is the FX final?
    /bind key ++PowerTrayExec number

If the Plasma Beam isn't going to be a toggle with a slot, is there any chance it, and maybe Power Bolts could have full emanation point options?
    edited May 2012
    Enrage:
    -*UPDATED* Enrage has a 4 second cooldown on stacking from knocks.

Hm. Wouldn't 2-3 be enough? I didn't see many comments on this -- I assume becuase it's known Might et al can stack Enraged pretty quickly regardless. I'm just curious how the number was chosen.

Ohhhhh.

(Edit : Just to hedge your bets, giving AotB a .5-1sec ICD now is probably a good idea.)
    edited May 2012
    So... still no word on giving Plasma Beam emanation point choices? Please? Pretty please with sugar on top?
    edited May 2012
    Cyrone85 wrote:
    I don't think it was just from yesterday. ^_^

Yeah pretty sure you've been going after this for a while now. Nice to see your suggestions applied. Time to go create "Yes, really" now. ;)
    edited May 2012
    Yeah pretty sure you've been going after this for a while now. Nice to see your suggestions applied. Time to go create "Yes, really" now. ;)

Already got a build in the works for Protogen. Just need to get him on PTS.