test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Perks - Missable Ones and Perks in General

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    For base jumping, I can confirm it exists and I have it on my main. All I did was land on top of each building that makes up the Ren centers circle.
    edited September 2009
    Rawchief wrote:
    For base jumping, I can confirm it exists and I have it on my main. All I did was land on top of each building that makes up the Ren centers circle.

For Base Jumping? Just wondering that would be the same requirement as the Top of the World perk.
    edited September 2009
    Dardove wrote:
    If anyone could find Phoenix's Order for Crowns of Krim, I would really like to know where it is. I searched his lair up and down, but couldn't find it.

Man, I haven't even found the quest line or whatever to get to Phoenix, I don't suppose you could point me in the right direction? :P

Also, can anyone point me to 'Caged Quarry'? It's on Monster Island, but for some reason I have been unable to find the quest giver, or the item that might start the quest (if thats what it is).

Any help is appreciated.
    edited September 2009
    Paksen wrote:
    Man, I haven't even found the quest line or whatever to get to Phoenix, I don't suppose you could point me in the right direction? :P

Just north of the argent preserve. Look for a small cave that has fire demons coming out of it. Kill one of the bigger guys outside and you should get a drop item to start a mission.
    edited September 2009
    Could base jumping really mean jumping from area base to area base? I.E. Canada, Steel Head, and MC? Have you been to all the different bases Rawchief?
    edited September 2009
    Dardove wrote:
    Just north of the argent preserve. Look for a small cave that has fire demons coming out of it. Kill one of the bigger guys outside and you should get a drop item to start a mission.

Thanks for the help on that one, and I also couldn't find his orders after combing the whole place...
    edited September 2009
    Stuff I have found over the last couple days:

For the crowns of Krim:
    Krim of your jib: Pirate Cave in Lemuria

Gadroon Orders:
    Imperal orders: Canada, Fallen Sun Forest, loc -2047 225 -706
    Believe you have to complete a mission before you can use this one.

Qularr Operations:
    All of these are on MI and probably need the translation mission completed first.
    Empress: -1559 9 -2720.
    Ship Echo Nine: 206 112 -3558
    Gadroon terraforming: loc 241 180 -3205

Argent Preserve History: -1363 96 -218
    History Echinocos Shores: Loc 1920 77 3611

Little Nook, exploration perk, 10 points : Desert: 2821 34 -835
    It uses the same icon as riders in the sky

Edit: There are some dead links on the main perks page to the perk categories.
    edited September 2009
    Ghost Camp:
    Down with the evil spirits, lower right area of Canada, enter the tent(which is also glowing so it starts a mission)
    edited September 2009
    Qularr Dissection notes, and Biotechnology notes
    both inside Telios's Secret Lab
    edited September 2009
    TheVedis wrote:
    Qularr Dissection notes, and Biotechnology notes
    both inside Telios's Secret Lab
    Also Teleiosaurus vs Qwyjibo, note that both it and Biotech don't give perk credit but the Lore entries work fine.
    edited September 2009
    Dardove wrote:
    Little Nook, exploration perk, 10 points : Desert: 2821 34 -835
    Entrance can be seen from 2839 11 -826 facing west.
    edited September 2009
    Does the historical point for City Center in Millenium City not exist, or am I just missing it?

I swear I've been over every inch of that section of town.
    edited September 2009
    Entrance can be seen from 2839 11 -826 facing west.

I humbly ask how do you use the Coordinates Again Master Explorer WK?
    edited September 2009
    Dardove wrote:
    First number is longitude. Second number is height. Third number is latitude.

So really, you really only need to pay attention to the first and third number.

Head east to increase the first number and west to decrease. Head north to increase the last number and sound to decrease it.
    Lohr wrote:
    So go further on what dardove said, its x,z,y.

If you harken back to the days of XY grids, each map has one. But each (0,0) location is not in the center of the map, at least that is my assumption based on Millennium City. The (0,0) for that one starts way off to the left.

Once you know the (0,0) and you know which direction to move with the sign changes and numbers

(-,+) | (+,+)
    |
    (-,-) | (+,-)

than it's a lot easier to figure out where to go. The only thing that the Z is good for is tell you if something is higher or lower than ground level.

If you take a look at the Millennium City Map, you can see the (0,0).

There you go.
    edited September 2009
    Just completed Bright Blade (deal 10 million Slashing damage) next up is Death by a Thousand Cuts, or more like Death by 50 Million Cuts.
    edited September 2009
    Has anyone mentioned one called something like "Flak Hunter" in the desert yet? You get it from killing the 10 flak cannons in the zone...though for the life of me I can't find #7. 1-3 are at the Viper base, 4-10 (except 7?) are at Area 51.

There's one called "Stop and Smell the Roses" on MI - it's a clickable plant in the north part of the island with all the elder-worm mobs. (I'll have to get the coords later)
    edited September 2009
    Mike000 wrote:
    Has anyone mentioned one called something like "Flak Hunter" in the desert yet? You get it from killing the 10 flak cannons in the zone...though for the life of me I can't find #7. 1-3 are at the Viper base, 4-10 (except 7?) are at Area 51.
    7 is at Area 51 as well: 2569 0 -2471
    edited September 2009
    Mike000 wrote:

There's one called "Stop and Smell the Roses" on MI - it's a clickable plant in the north part of the island with all the elder-worm mobs. (I'll have to get the coords later)

Location is -481 460 3413.

It's a collection perk worth 10 points.
    edited September 2009
    Dardove wrote:

Gadroon Orders:

The console next to the space ship? If that's the one, then yes, there is a mission you need to do before you can access it.
    edited September 2009
    just added a whole bunch of lore locations to the wiki that were missing, cant remember exactly which but go check if you need :P
    edited September 2009
    I went through and updated the Perks in Progress page and added anything that is missing a pieces of information.

http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Perks_in_Progress

Just cause it didn't make any sense, I replace the Unverified Perks pages with Perks in Progress.
    edited September 2009
    For the crowns of Krim:
    Krim of your jib: Pirate Cave in Lemuria

Yeah, and note that this one is kind of hidden around the corner from the boss if you don't see it immediately.
    Gadroon Orders:

Yes, to read the Gadroon orders you need to get a "language" drop off of one of them, which then starts a quest to collect 15 "language samples". Turn those in and you can read the two orders in the Fallen Sun Forrest and the two in Hoarfrost Hills. Likewise, on Monster Island you get a mission to translate Qularr which then allows you to access a few nodes there.

I got this one, I'm pretty sure 7 is in area 51, it just might be easy to miss.
    edited September 2009
    flak cannon 7 is hard to find cuz it spawns next to an alien which agros and kills it, so you gotta be there when it spawns almost
    edited September 2009
    Here is a bunch of random data.

Collection Perks:
    Drill Bits: 25 points: Destroy all the Lemurian Drills in Andrithal
    I am The Egg-Man: 25 points: Stand on Top of the ominously large egg
    Stop and Smell The...: Name is wrong. "You've Stopped a moment to smell the...say, what kind of plant is this anyway?"

Exploration Perks
    Monster Island: Explorer: Doesn't exist.
    Rift Runner, 50 points, Swing the entire length of the lava rift in Rastrinfhar's Abyss

Heroic:
    Full-Metal Jacket: deal 10 million pierc damage
    Islander: Complete 110 missions in the Monster Island
    Perforated: Receive 10 million piercing damage
    The Deep End: Complete 70 missions in the Lemuria

Knowledge:
    Cherenkov's Radiation: Arc in Lemuria
    Good for the Spirit: Arc in Canada, I believe

Karkaradon Texts: Lore
    Karakaradon Orders: Take the Mandragalore!: Lemuria 1173 1258 3337
    Karkaradon Orders: Plans for the Mandragalore
    Karladadon Holy Book: Bow Before the Master: Lemuria 2362 1205 2328
    Karkaradon Holy Book: Faces of the Master

rastrinfhar's abyss history: 1026 261 4768

Lemurian Carvings: Lore
    The Creation of the Lemurians: 1219 1191 2891
    The Rastrinfhar and their Creations
    The Will of Rastrinfhar: 1026 261 4768

Manimal Resources: Story arc on MI
    March of the Manimals: Story arc on MI
    Marine Memoriam: Story arc on Lemuria
    Master of the Manimals: story arc on MI
    Necrull Intentions: Story Arc in Canaada

Pirates of the Abyss: Help Captain Hawkins Get his revenege
    Complete Mission: "The Crime of the Ancient Mariners"
    Complete Mission: Anchored in the Abyss
    Complete Mission: Plunder of the Sea Cutter
    Complete Mission: Give a dog a bone
    Complete Mission: A dead man's best freind
    Complete Mission: One Man's Treasure
    Complete Mission: Rapscallions, Scallywags, and Scurvy Dogs
    Complete Mission: Pirate's Paybacks

Revolution under the Sea: Major Story Arc
    Complete Story Arc: Murky Waters
    Complete Story Arc: Fully Submersible
    Complete Story Arc: The Lemurians are Revolting
    Complete Story Arc: Ruin from the Ancient Past
    Complete Story Arc: When a curse is a blessing

Ruin From The Ancient Past: arc on MI. "Disrupt Lemurian Excavations & Defeat Expedition Leaders"
    Complete Mission: Lizards Nerd Scavenger Hunt
    Complete Mission: Shards of Oblivion
    Complete Mission: Dig Data Download
    Complete Mission: Eyes on the Excavators
    Complete Mission Battles Against the Burrowers
    Complete Mission: Excavation's Overseer
    Complete Mission: Echoes of Andrith

Shadow of the Shark:
    Complete Mission: Exiles' Exodus
    Complete Mission: Frenzy beneath the Fathoms
    Complete Mission: Sharks with Frickin' Lasers
    Complete Mission: Of Unknown Origin
    Complete Mission: Electroception Deception
    Complete Mission: Blinded By Science

The Flame of Krim: arc on MI
    Those who Dwell in Bleakness: arc on Lemuria
    Walk with the Manimals: arc on MI

Edit:

Another MI arc:
    The Cast Away: Help Hank Crusoe Escape from Monster Island
    Complete Mission: Marooned and Blue
    Complete Mission: Crusoe Vs The Volcano
    Complete Mission: Escape from Monster Island
    edited September 2009
    So no one knows where the Millenium City City Center knowledge perk is?
    edited September 2009
    Rift Runner, 50 points, Swing the entire length of the lava rift in Rastrinfhar's Abyss

Did you actually manage to clear this one? The incomplete objective would appear for me in beta, but I could never manage to get it to work. What path do you need to take, because I mst have circled the thing every which way.
    So no one knows where the Millenium City City Center knowledge perk is?

Nope, not yet. If it exists, it's well hidden.
    edited September 2009
    Ohoni wrote:
    Did you actually manage to clear this one? The incomplete objective would appear for me in beta, but I could never manage to get it to work. What path do you need to take, because I mst have circled the thing every which way.

Nope, not yet. If it exists, it's well hidden.

I've looked many places for it, also the african art seems to be not all in, I've been going section by section in the city center looking on the rooftops then the alleyways and still haven't found another piece.
    edited September 2009
    So do I get this right, you can actually MISS unlocks/perks in this game? What a retarded idea is this? If I want to unlock them all, i'd have to wait until EVERY ONE of them is known, get a list of ALL perks and then delete and reroll my character, as otherwise some perks will be missing permanently? D'oh...
    edited September 2009
    Mephane wrote:
    So do I get this right, you can actually MISS unlocks/perks in this game? What a retarded idea is this? If I want to unlock them all, i'd have to wait until EVERY ONE of them is known, get a list of ALL perks and then delete and reroll my character, as otherwise some perks will be missing permanently? D'oh...

There are only a few true missable ones, search the wiki that the OP links too.
    edited September 2009
    There are about a dozen that are truly missable and those are from the tutorial and crisis zones.

http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Missable_Perks

Technically Rakshasa and Gigaton you can't miss since which ever one you do, you have to actually defeat them, but its a one or the other sort of deal, unless you spend the time to actually get both.

I still don't know if We are the Champions is completable after the tutorial. And while Learn the Ropes and Stop the Invasion can't be completed outside the Tutorial, it would be hard to actually not complete them. Save the City is the one with all the various side missions and is easy to miss.
    edited September 2009
    Ohoni wrote:

I got it to clear. Just circled around the main path. Were you teleporting? Because I don't think you can get it with that.
    edited September 2009
    http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Collection_Perks

Both Baywatch and Drill Bits need to be moved to MI.
    edited September 2009
    I got it to clear. Just circled around the main path. Were you teleporting? Because I don't think you can get it with that.

I was swimming/flying, it just wasn't working. Were you at lava level or at the top of the rift?

Maybe it just didn't work at all in beta, I should be able to get into Lemuria again to retry it soon.
    edited September 2009
    Ohoni wrote:
    I was swimming/flying, it just wasn't working. Were you at lava level or at the top of the rift?

Maybe it just didn't work at all in beta, I should be able to get into Lemuria again to retry it soon.

I stayed near the lava, just not close enough to get damaged by it.
    edited September 2009
    found the viper aptitude test at 1821, 6, -5104, its at the docks where they have the manimal prisoners, be advised even after reading it I didnt get credit on my perk for it.
    edited September 2009
    Going through all the Knowledge Perks, I found that there is a Dr. Destroyer Loremaster Perk required for Shadow of the Destroyer. Anyone have any details on which lore requirements in has?
    edited September 2009
    Lohr wrote:
    Going through all the Knowledge Perks, I found that there is a Dr. Destroyer Loremaster Perk required for Shadow of the Destroyer. Anyone have any details on which lore requirements in has?
    It most definately includes Destroyer Research and Destroyerology 101, not sure if it needs more than the two.
    edited September 2009
    It most definately includes Destroyer Research and Destroyerology 101, not sure if it needs more than the two.

That was my guess too. And probably Reflections on Destroyer.
    edited September 2009
    For Reflections on Destroyer:

Pilot's Tale is in the desert. Loc 2613 179 -56

Talk to the Black Talon pilot and he will give you a mission. Once you have completed it, you can talk to him about it.
    edited September 2009
    PvP Perk - Be Prepared, Worth 25 points
    Win the Apocalypse Stronghold on both the Hero and Villian sides.
    edited September 2009
    Pity we cannot Have a military grid map over-lay for my declinator or protractor for Grid ref points..

No Clear Grid Map paper here. Hum. I Liked the Screenie for Ex Machina mag article. In the End of OB I had chance to meet the Mechon Nun at Belle Steels.. But generally explored at very low levels in CB so areas were impossible to safely access. This is a interesting subject. Now I have to try and Find me a Desert Nook .. Good Luck Explorers.

A Military map is set to a 1000m Grid square a 4 coordinate number gets you close enough for large artillery but not hand grenades. 6 dig 100 yds..with a Sergeant lookin over the Lt's math.. pre laser GPs
    So this in a way is a lay table for plotting mortar or arty.. Degrees of Elevation quadrangle..

I want a USGS.. Key.. I am spoiled this way. a Nato Grid of the Fulda Gap.. or a good AF FO..

Hum X /Y Axis.. North was always the top of my map sheet... Bit maps.. 0x0 upper left corner.

I like a Distance and minutes heading... Mean Meridian.. DES GreenSkin.. I always went with ther TOpo Maps.. the lines miss look at the contoures before you demand the troops to hop..
    0-0-1-2-3
    edited September 2009
    Finished Canada Explorer/Spawn Camper!

Steelhead Spawn unlocked roughly around the tree at -1396 67 1224 (thats behind the Arms trainers)
    edited September 2009
    Qularr Operations - Report on Earth Weapon Testing - Monster Island, -1134 198 -3611, south of the Mothership site on the map. There are the two glowing globes, it is at the southern one on the south side, a console on the ground.
    edited September 2009
    This one is a collection perk, 10 points. On Monster Island, go up to each of the 5 watchtowers along the fence line in the Argent Preserve area. They are, as the title indicates, watching the beach if you are having trouble finding them.

Or I could be nice and do loc's.

Starting from the south:

-2181 48 -1505
    -2177 48 -999
    -2181 48 -508
    -2174 48 -213
    -2176 48 -168
    edited September 2009
    another one to mention

in canada, go fly/walk/whatever through the tubing on the outer ring of steelhead

its a perk, cant remember the name though

theres also a perk for getting 5 raptors into the fenced area over in the teleios area, no idea how i did it but i did, probly agro and drag 5 to it
    called raptor roundup
    edited September 2009
    Does anyone know if you come across Clyde von Schoultz and Mechassassin after Canada again? If not, they are missing their perks as well as they do show up in the list of achievements for the Steam version of CO
    edited September 2009
    alas, we think they're bugged currently.
    edited September 2009
    Does Saphire show up anywhere after the tutorial? I forgot to talk to her it seems and need that to finish "We Are The Champions" perk.
    edited September 2009
    tk421 wrote:
    Does Saphire show up anywhere after the tutorial? I forgot to talk to her it seems and need that to finish "We Are The Champions" perk.
    Not yet, it's possible that she'll show up in a content update.
    edited September 2009
    I hope she does, thanks for the info. :P