test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Perks - Missable Ones and Perks in General

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    IS-Wolf wrote:
    If, the Human Test subjects is the one in Canada, they changed it. Prior the civvies got out of a vehicle and walked to the building and door, while under Viper Guard. Now, you just have to open the door of the building to set them free.

No, actually - killing the villian, getting her keycard, and opening the door does nothing. Your way is how it worked in beta.

Killing ALL the Vipers in the area while the prisoners are walking to the door will accomplish the mission.

Which means you can only accomplish it in a 30-second window every 15 minutes or so. Kinda like the "go save whatshisname, you've got 10 minutes, hope there's no line" mission also in Canada.
    edited September 2009
    Lohr wrote:
    Remember which part? Gotta be either 3, 6 or 8.

Just doublechecked it. It is part 6. I have part 3 as well, just don't remember where I got it.

Edit: Also found Part 8 of Qliphothic Lore in Feral Tangle. It's at loc 429 349 -2750. It's on a jeep next to gadget boy who gives you his part of the mechanon lore.
    edited September 2009
    Just picked up manimal crossing and noticed it was listed as unverified in the wiki. It is a collection perk and uses the default collection icon.

Other ones that were unverified.

Johnston's Private Reserve. It is exploration and uses the default exploration icon.

Get to the Choppa. The helicopter in question is on top of a building in the downtown area.

Edit: Found part 8 for the Harrowing. Lynx's fold in Canada. Loc: -2790 622 3368
    edited September 2009
    After the tutorial where does one find Sapphire to talk to her?
    edited September 2009
    One does not yet from my understanding. She is only there.
    edited September 2009
    I didn't see this one one the wiki:

Exploration:
    Johnston's Private Reserve, Canada: 2207 237 2871

Screenshot, it's the small box to the right.
    edited September 2009
    Deth wrote:
    One does not yet from my understanding. She is only there.

Lame! I totally talked to her in the tutorial on my main, but I didn't know you had to ASK HER ABOUT PERKS to actually get credited for talking to her, so I don't have the perk.
    edited September 2009
    Canada Spawn Camper and therefore Canada Explorer appear to be currently bugged and uncompleteable for at least some of those who didn't do Canada Crisis - the Steelhead spawnpoint doesn't register..
    It is completable the problem is that is somewhere on the mountain area northwest of the central building or the building itself. I've accidentally ran across it when heading towards the viper base.

Perk: Three coins
    Flavor: Life is sweet. Cavort in the fountain downtown.

I think I received it while jumping through the fountain where you find the briefcase on in the tutorial (wasn't really paying attention due to fights with the fire demons).
    edited September 2009
    Who_Cares wrote:
    It is completable the problem is that is somewhere on the mountain area northwest of the central building or the building itself. I've accidentally ran across it when heading towards the viper base.

Perk: Three coins
    Flavor: Life is sweet. Cavort in the fountain downtown.

I think I received it while jumping through the fountain where you find the briefcase on in the tutorial (wasn't really paying attention due to fights with the fire demons).

You are right on the canada spawn :)

However, luckily for my perk hunter, I made an test hero and could not find the three coins perk in any of the 3 water areas near the briefcase. Including the fountain.
    edited September 2009
    insicor wrote:
    You are right on the canada spawn :)

However, luckily for my perk hunter, I made an test hero and could not find the three coins perk in any of the 3 water areas near the briefcase. Including the fountain.
    The three coins is in the "real" City... it's in the same fountain as the briefcase in the tutorial though.
    edited September 2009
    insicor wrote:
    as far as the canada steelhead spawn point, does anyone actually have this

I was able to get the spawn point in Force Station Steelhead. Behind the Arms trainer are 2 pine trees. If you fly/jump around there it should eventually trigger.
    edited September 2009
    Found the Destroyer Research: Viper Research perk. It's in a briefcase in front of the Helicopter on the mesa with the giant Sat dishes that overlooks Area 51, Loc 1689 337 -2003.
    edited September 2009
    so any luck on the fastest gun in the west yet?
    edited September 2009
    Is there a specific way , or a simple way to be exact, to find a location.
    There are many posts telling you that a certain object is at loc 454 -76 789 for example. How are we supposet to get to that point on the map, surely its not a case of running around and typing in /loc every few seconds untill we get closer to what we are looking for. it takes forever, is there a quicker way ?
    edited September 2009
    Cavrin wrote:
    I was able to get the spawn point in Force Station Steelhead. Behind the Arms trainer are 2 pine trees. If you fly/jump around there it should eventually trigger.

i cant even find an arms trainer, let alone get the spawn point to triger.
    edited September 2009
    Perk called "Johnston's Private Reserve" can be found in Canada -

Burial Butte @ 2207 237 2864. It's a crate on the ground behind a rock.

Also another perk for killing Paul Johnston (lv30 villian) called " Vanquished Paul Johnston" - just south of above mentioned crate @ 2254 254 2668
    edited September 2009
    xPODx wrote:
    Is there a specific way , or a simple way to be exact, to find a location.
    There are many posts telling you that a certain object is at loc 454 -76 789 for example. How are we supposet to get to that point on the map, surely its not a case of running around and typing in /loc every few seconds untill we get closer to what we are looking for. it takes forever, is there a quicker way ?

First number is longitude. Second number is height. Third number is latitude.

So really, you really only need to pay attention to the first and third number.

Head east to increase the first number and west to decrease. Head north to increase the last number and sound to decrease it.
    edited September 2009
    I don't know if this one has been posted yet (and I wanted to post it asap so didn't read thru all the pages)

Canada - "Ghost Camp" perk, (25 pts) small tent in Hoarfrost hills (loc - 2252 50 -2649)

Let's keep up the good work!

EDIT: Adding them as I find them, missable or not)

Monster Island - "I am the Egg-Man" ( "Ominously Large Egg" 25 pts loc -625 347 1816
    edited September 2009
    Dardove wrote:
    First number is longitude. Second number is height. Third number is latitude.

So really, you really only need to pay attention to the first and third number.

Head east to increase the first number and west to decrease. Head north to increase the last number and sound to decrease it.

Thx, its easy now i know , lol. :-))
    edited September 2009
    So go further on what dardove said, its x,z,y.

If you harken back to the days of XY grids, each map has one. But each (0,0) location is not in the center of the map, at least that is my assumption based on Millennium City. The (0,0) for that one starts way off to the left.

Once you know the (0,0) and you know which direction to move with the sign changes and numbers

(-,+) | (+,+)
    |
    (-,-) | (+,-)

than it's a lot easier to figure out where to go. The only thing that the Z is good for is tell you if something is higher or lower than ground level.

If you take a look at the Millennium City Map, you can see the (0,0).
    edited September 2009
    Machine Revolution page on wiki is wrong, states Mechanon Radio Signal for Machine Revolution is in the Lemurian sub, if it is, I have not found it, I did however find alternate Mechanon lore there. So if it is in fact in the sub, someone please update it with an exact location.
    edited September 2009
    Machine Revolution page on wiki is wrong, states Mechanon Radio Signal for Machine Revolution is in the Lemurian sub, if it is, I have not found it, I did however find alternate Mechanon lore there. So if it is in fact in the sub, someone please update it with an exact location./quote]

If it's unchanged from beta, there are two mechannon perks on the sub. They're both in the back room, on different consoles on opposite sides of the sub. I haven't gotten back to Lemuria quite yet to test though.
    edited September 2009
    Anybody know what the "Be Prepared" perk is for?
    edited September 2009
    Ok also staring at where the vengeance journal in "the oasis" in the desert is supposed to be, where is this at exactly? i dont remember an oasis and i just flew all over the desert and did not find one.

I do notice however it lists Coordinates for many of the locations
    how do you go about finding these coordinates? is there a setting or addon people are already using? i can not seem to find one
    edited September 2009
    type /loc get get your current location.
    edited September 2009
    TheVedis wrote:
    Ok also staring at where the vengeance journal in "the oasis" in the desert is supposed to be, where is this at exactly? i dont remember an oasis and i just flew all over the desert and did not find one.

I do notice however it lists Coordinates for many of the locations
    how do you go about finding these coordinates? is there a setting or addon people are already using? i can not seem to find one

It's on the bottom, to the right of Project Greenskin. There are no missions that would take you there, so it's more of a stumble upon it sort of thing.

Also about 3 or 4 posts up, there is an explanation of how the locations work in CO.
    edited September 2009
    Anybody know what the "Be Prepared" perk is for?

Nope, sounds like a new one.
    edited September 2009
    Ohoni wrote:
    Machine Revolution page on wiki is wrong, states Mechanon Radio Signal for Machine Revolution is in the Lemurian sub, if it is, I have not found it, I did however find alternate Mechanon lore there. So if it is in fact in the sub, someone please update it with an exact location./quote]

If it's unchanged from beta, there are two mechannon perks on the sub. They're both in the back room, on different consoles on opposite sides of the sub. I haven't gotten back to Lemuria quite yet to test though.

just swpt over the back room again, the signal is not there anymore
    i did find a few other lores sitting in that room, and there is the cursed communicator, but no signal, possibly moved? hopefuly not maybe it got lost in transition and will be there again shortly
    edited September 2009
    It could have been moved., The Lemuria Crisis sim might have replaced it, actually. Eh, it'll turn up someplace. ;)
    edited September 2009
    It's on Monster island. It's above a mission entrance. I can give you more details once the servers are back up.
    edited September 2009
    Mike000 wrote:
    No, actually - killing the villian, getting her keycard, and opening the door does nothing. Your way is how it worked in beta.

Killing ALL the Vipers in the area while the prisoners are walking to the door will accomplish the mission.

Which means you can only accomplish it in a 30-second window every 15 minutes or so. Kinda like the "go save whatshisname, you've got 10 minutes, hope there's no line" mission also in Canada.

:confused:

So they changed it back? The guard thingy was how it went during CB, they then changed that to kill the villain, get keycard and open door to let them out in OB.

Looks like someone got bored or something. :p
    edited September 2009
    Lohr wrote:
    Having played CoH for 4 years I am quite familiar with Badge-Hunter.com. Curious as to what you would want a tracker website to do for you (beside the obvious tracking perks.

You kind of answered it yourself really when you said

"However as of right now, there is no way to see what actual Perks someone else might have aside from titles"

I do agree the ingame tracker in CO is great but everyone playes MMO games for different reasons, for example, I met a few players in CoH that just didnt get the badge collecting thing, and others who just played PvP, Me i'm a badge junkie, but without any kind of real endgame, (and lets face it if people are paying subs they aint gonna build one in), there rarely is in MMO'S, I needed motivation to carry on playing CoH once i had maxed 5 characters. what kept me playing CoH for so long was trying to climb up the leaderboard for badge collecting, it gave a competitiveness to my game besides the normal game play.
    Your wiki is becoming my Bible by the way :)
    edited September 2009
    xPODx wrote:
    i cant even find an arms trainer, let alone get the spawn point to triger.

http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=52026

There...
    edited September 2009
    Desert Bounty hunter (Heroic Perk - 25pts) -- Kill the 5 Villans listed. Buzzard is at the bottom of the dirt slope at the east of the Prison. Rot patrols around the Northwest of the Qualrr Crash site. Windfist Patrols around the West /Southwest of the Qualrr Crash site. Darkmoon Patrols along the road South of the Warden Wildman Contact. Neanderthal Patrols around just north Of Area 51 north fence.

Quality Control (Heroic Perk - 25 pts) -- In Canada, at the Argent snow thrush Sanctuary ( Argent Thrush Mine entrence marker on the map). Every so often a patrol of Mechenforcers Spawn at the site and patrol out of it. Defeat them all. (fluf text says - "You have defeated an entire shipment of Mechenforcers!"
    edited September 2009
    Pacify the Spirits (Heroic Perk - 25 pts) in Canada,

Found the Wolf Khanukh, (lvl 31 tough Villan) Patroling at Strossens Peak (2516 .145 . 1938)

The bear Kaiti was a little odd Found a lvl 28 tough bear called Marauder in Kigatiliks Maw (The hill north of teh lake there, Location 2365 . 406 . -756). When I kille dhim, it counted. Either Perk has the wrong name, or the Mob does.

Geri and Ferki were south of great ´bear lake ( -1179 . 310 . -2260) 2 lvl 25 tough Wolves patroling together. However they did not count when I killed them. So I guess Bugged?

Couldnt find Bjorn...and if its Bugged anyway it kind of made me want to stop looking further, Will try again post 40 (4 bars to go...come on!)
    edited September 2009
    I've been taking notes since I got into closed beta. Here's a link to a spreadsheet I've been working on. It's by no means complete, but it's a start.

Link
    edited September 2009
    apparently fastest gun in the west is in game and working, according to the reply of a tixcket i sent
    edited September 2009
    just a side though

someone should get the locations of all the instances where perks are inside instead of just naming them, some of us dont remember where they are and it would be helpful to be able to go back to those spots without intensive searching and remembering
    edited September 2009
    3 Dr Destroyer lore unlocks on the plaques of the statues at the museum.
    edited September 2009
    ARGENT Snow Thrush Knowledge Perk is a book found by a overturned bus on the side of the road under a tree just down the road from the Argent refinery turn off... if i was in game i'd give better info. but it's there found it tonight.
    edited September 2009
    MaxisWilde wrote:
    ARGENT Snow Thrush Knowledge Perk is a book found by a overturned bus on the side of the road under a tree just down the road from the Argent refinery turn off... if i was in game i'd give better info. but it's there found it tonight.

It is at location: -2753 109 -1714

Edit: For Raptor Roundup, it is a heroic perk and it is worth 25 not 50 points.

Edit 2: Respect for the Dead.

First Skull: Loc 1877 126 3030

Second Skull: Loc 1999 127 3114

Found a third rock pile at 2195 243 2526, but a skull doesn't seem to appear there. Might be bugged.

For machine revolt, the final piece is at:
    Strange Sig Location: Monster Island: Well's Pass: 620 246 -3898
    edited September 2009
    well, is hikers horror working yet? ;) still cant make it work so i guess not enabled....
    edited September 2009
    Found another one.

Aegir Rescue Diver, heroic 25 points.
    Right above the Aegir is a big group of tough lemurian rebels and a group of divers. Swim up and the two groups should start fighting. Got to save 5 of the divers.

It also unlocked another one I have in progress now
    Aegir Master Diver, heroic 100 points.
    Get the other perk and all exploration perks for Lemuria.

Edit: Noticed I had another one in progress. Aegir Wreck Diver. It's a collection perk.

Have to find 3 shipwrecks in the undying reef.
    edited September 2009
    anyone know what 'then what are they?' from the viper rude awakenings perk is? i cant seem to find that mission =(
    edited September 2009
    More stuff

Banzai Pipeline: Exploration, 25 points, Take pipeline from shore to Moreau's lab on Monster island

Aegir Cave Diver: Exploration, 25 points, explore the caves in Undying Reef (10 of them)

Ones I have found so far:
    #1: Loc 668 2052 370
    #2: Loc 1495 2042 428
    #3: loc 1477 2042 428
    #4: 1451 2207 588

Note that these are the locations for the entrances. You have to go in and get to the end to get the explorer to mark off.

Aegir Wreck Diver: Collection, 25 points, discover all the shipwrecks of the undying reef (3 of them)

#1, don't remember where I found it
    #2: Loc 2000 2031 586
    #3: Loc 468 1975 935

For the knowledge perk, The crowns of Krim:
    Oh, I remember Kirm; Arvad's Palace, Loc: 310 -0 239. Right side of second room, under knocked over statue

Island Hopper in the wiki should actually be Island Hopping

Various other perks that I don't see listed on the wiki

Exploration:
    Lemuria: Cartographer, 100 points
    Lemuria Explorer, 50 points (Undying Reed, Caliginous, and Rastrinfhar)
    Lemuria: Spawn Camper, 50 points
    Monster Island Spawn Camper, 50 points

Heroic:
    Acoustic, 10 points (deal 10,000,000 sonic damage)
    Beachcomber, 25 points, 65 monster island quests
    Goes to 11, 10 points, (deal 50,000,000 sonic damage)
    Half Full, 25 points, 35 Lemuria missions
    Open Mission: Destroids Rise Again, 50 points
    Open Mission: Hang 'Em High, 50 points
    Shattered, 10 points (receive 10 million particle damage)
    edited September 2009
    Nemesis minion kill perks!

He's A User - Defeat 10 Robot Nemesis Minions
    Master Control Program - Defeat 25 Robot Nemesis Minions
    End of Line - Defeat 1000 Robot Nemesis Minions
    Hoodlum - Defeat 10 Thug Nemesis Minions

The first two I've completed, the second two are in progress. The first two give titles of the same name. :)
    edited September 2009
    Found the final three parts to the Telios Experiments knowledge perk. All 3 in Teleios's Secret Lab which is part of the quest E.T. Clone Home on Monster Island.

The last two seemed to be bugged though. I read them, and it shows up under lore, but it doesn't flag for the perk.
    edited September 2009
    Aegir Cave Diver: Exploration, 25 points, explore the caves in Undying Reef (10 of them)

This one is a serious pain, I got it in beta, but it's hard to keep track of which you've entered and which you haven't and there are a lot of them. They're all on that central "mountain ridge" between the atlantis city and the valley with Arvad's palace. Some go in from the top.
    edited September 2009
    I just had one show up in heroics called Transmit and Receive, it does not have a hint when hovering over it, anyone know about it?
    edited September 2009
    yeah transmit recieve is for killing the viper agents around the two big sattelite dishes near project awakening.

still been unable to find that bit from the rude awakenings questline.... feel free to tell me ;)