test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Perks - Missable Ones and Perks in General

Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Missions and Content
Figured I would start this thread again so that people don't miss anything.

There are a number of what are called Lore that need to learned to fulfill some of the knowledge requirements. Some of these Lore items can be found outside of missions, in all sorts of places and some of them can be found in missions. There are only a handful of these so far, but I am sure there are more.

Listing of Lore for Knowledge Perks found in missions.

Listing of Lore for Knowledge Perks found outside missions.

If you find one that's not on the list, please list whats the title, which perk, location, neighborhood and the /loc of it.

I've compiled a pretty comprehensive list of the perks in general up to about the mid 20's. If you find something new, post it here!

Here is a link to the Perks page on the wiki.

I think also, there were a couple of perk related items that people were missing.
1. Mother nature can be a real…from the New Pollution Knowledge Perk in Canada
2. Clean Up the Town - from the Snake Gulch Main Arc
3. Who's the Fastest Gun in the West? - from the Snake Gulch Minor Arc
4. ARGENT Snow Thrush Knowledge Perk (found it once in CB and haven't been able to find it again)
5. Hoarfrost Hills Knowledge Perk
6. City Center Knowledge Perk

Also, for those people interested, here is a mission listing for the first 3 crisis zones:
Millennium City Tutorial
Crisis in Canada!
Desert Disaster
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Great work Lohr
    edited August 2009
    Yes, let this be the new thread since I really dont want to update my old one :)

Also can we confirm that is it not possible to miss a perk permanently due to being too high level, that is to say you can go back and do whatever it is, at any time later.

This would take a big load off a lot of achievement hunter's shoulders.
    edited August 2009
    Lohr wrote:

I think also, there were a couple of perk related items that people were missing.
    1. Mother nature can be a real…from the New Pollution Knowledge Perk in Canada

Has to do with Hiker's Horror, which may have been disabled. Quest was always a bit buggy, with mobs sinking into the environment mesh, thus not going past their trigger zone resetting the quest so it can be redone.
    Lohr wrote:
    4. ARGENT Snow Thrush Knowledge Perk (found it once in CB and haven't been able to find it again)

Snowthrush pic. It's near a crashed bus, overlooking the pipeline.

Lohr wrote:
    5. Hoarfrost Hills Knowledge Perk

Not 100%, but I think that was this one. There's a lorebook close to it on a well too.

Like I said in the old thread, feel free to raid my album for the perk pics, just dowload them and reupload them elsewhere.
    insicor wrote:

Also can we confirm that is it not possible to miss a perk permanently due to being too high level, that is to say you can go back and do whatever it is, at any time later.

Only way to miss out on a perk, is if you no longer have access to that zone. So, say you miss the big red bug one in the tutorial, then you're not going to get it ever again. Miss the Grond theft quest and leave the Desert Crisis and been to regular Desert/Canada, then you're SOL as well.

The ones within certain instances, you could always do again by teaming up with folks doing that quest.
    edited August 2009
    insicor wrote:
    Yes, let this be the new thread since I really dont want to update my old one :)

This would take a big load off a lot of achievement hunter's shoulders.

I had in both closed and open gone back and done older missions, which was how I got a lot of the info. Don't know if you can still do that.
    edited August 2009
    IS-Wolf wrote:
    Has to do with Hiker's Horror, which may have been disabled. Quest was always a bit buggy, with mobs sinking into the environment mesh, thus not going past their trigger zone resetting the quest so it can be redone.

Snowthrush pic. It's near a crashed bus, overlooking the pipeline.

Not 100%, but I think that was this one. There's a lorebook close to it on a well too.

Like I said in the old thread, feel free to raid my album for the perk pics, just dowload them and reupload them elsewhere.

Only way to miss out on a perk, is if you no longer have access to that zone. So, say you miss the big red bug one in the tutorial, then you're not going to get it ever again. Miss the Grond theft quest and leave the Desert Crisis and been to regular Desert/Canada, then you're SOL as well.

The ones within certain instances, you could always do again by teaming up with folks doing that quest.

Which big red bug one in the tutorial?
    edited August 2009
    first alien spaceship crashed, near the mayor, walk on top of it to get it
    edited August 2009
    Hakkeshu wrote:

Exploration perk for running on top of of the first bug spaceship in the tutorial.
    edited August 2009
    Nice idea with the wiki. What I'm missing is a Mini Map of every zone with marked respawn points... that would be very usefull...
    edited August 2009
    Hakkeshu wrote:

Get on top of the crashed Qularr ship to the right of the mayor's tent, and to be more precise, get onto its head. And the perk will be earned.
    edited August 2009
    Here's one that I sttumbled onto in CB but then forgot about:

Secure the Perimeter:
    Get inside the corridor along the top of the main wall or Steelhead and walk/fly the length of it. This is easy if you can fly or jump, if not you can run up the cliff next to the wall and get in that way.
    edited August 2009
    this thread is made of win.
    edited August 2009
    Oh, there's another lorebook on the same hill in Canada, as where Raven's speaker astral projection is. It's the same spot as where the portal to Rakshasa's realm was/is.

I've got a pic up for Bloodstone's orders, it's behind the support wall, where the Big Tear is. You can easily walk behind it, and it's also possible to get it without being on that mission. Just fly down to that level, dodge the mobs, get behind the wall and read it.

As for Eclipse's orders. They're located behind the pedestal behind which he's hovering. Kill him, walk around the pedestal and you should easily be able to see it.
    edited August 2009
    I'm getting reports you can get both sets of perks from Canada and Desert tutorials if you do a team withsomeone then drop after you get done with it but don't complete it and then you hopscotch over toe cananda and do that too..

can anyone confirm is this is real and if It is, if I'm going to re-roll I won't have the darn thing stripped from me if it IS a bug?
    edited August 2009
    IS-Wolf wrote:
    Get on top of the crashed Qularr ship to the right of the mayor's tent, and to be more precise, get onto its head. And the perk will be earned.

I hate perks that you can't go back and get.
    edited August 2009
    Are there any perks in the Canada / Desert crisis zones you can't get anywhere else?
    edited August 2009
    I'm getting reports you can get both sets of perks from Canada and Desert tutorials if you do a team withsomeone then drop after you get done with it but don't complete it and then you hopscotch over toe cananda and do that too..

can anyone confirm is this is real and if It is, if I'm going to re-roll I won't have the darn thing stripped from me if it IS a bug?

I have both sets of perks and you don't need to team with anyone to get them,
    edited August 2009
    Mym wrote:
    Are there any perks in the Canada / Desert crisis zones you can't get anywhere else?

You can't complete the 2 knowledge perks anyone where else, nor can you get the 3 vanquish perks. Unless Rakshasa, Ferd and Gigaton show up someplace else in the game.
    edited August 2009
    IS-Wolf wrote:
    Oh, there's another lorebook on the same hill in Canada, as where Raven's speaker astral projection is. It's the same spot as where the portal to Rakshasa's realm was/is.

I've got a pic up for Bloodstone's orders, it's behind the support wall, where the Big Tear is. You can easily walk behind it, and it's also possible to get it without being on that mission. Just fly down to that level, dodge the mobs, get behind the wall and read it.

As for Eclipse's orders. They're located behind the pedestal behind which he's hovering. Kill him, walk around the pedestal and you should easily be able to see it.

I can't figure out how to get to look at the rest of the pics.
    edited August 2009
    I seem to be missing out on the Well-To-Do perk. Last time through it popped up after I got 1000 resources, but this time the progress bar appears to be maxed out at 25 but the resource count reads (-1/1000).

Thoughts? Did I screw something up, or is this a bug?
    edited August 2009
    KageNoOni wrote:
    I seem to be missing out on the Well-To-Do perk. Last time through it popped up after I got 1000 resources, but this time the progress bar appears to be maxed out at 25 but the resource count reads (-1/1000).

It's a bug, and it's been bugged for a while now.
    Lohr wrote:
    I can't figure out how to get to look at the rest of the pics.

Check your PM, I'm sending you the direct link then.
    edited August 2009
    so what are we doing for hikers horror then? hoping the decvs fix it pronto? i need it =(
    edited August 2009
    so what are we doing for hikers horror then? hoping the decvs fix it pronto? i need it =(

I think its a location mission, so you can do it anytime, right?
    edited August 2009
    Lohr wrote:
    I think its a location mission, so you can do it anytime, right?

Pretty much, it only awards XP and resources from what I recall, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal to come back at a later point to complete it.

Yes, it's nice to do it right away, when you're in the neighbourhood. But sometimes it just takes a while, during CB, I think I was in my late 20s before I finally completed it, because I managed to find a respawned McCoy and swiftly nuked the mobs around him, thus setting him up for a normal respawn for the next player who came around.
    edited August 2009
    In the PvP cage match, I managed to unlock a perk called 'ceiling cat' by flying around above the cage. I wasn't running away, just, uh, taking a strategic overview. :o

Was in Open Beta, and haven't managed it since, but I played half a dozen matches and spent a bit of time above the cage in most of them. Could be based on a timer, on health when you go up there, or just a specific location on the ceiling above the cage.
    edited August 2009
    Ganabul wrote:
    In the PvP cage match, I managed to unlock a perk called 'ceiling cat' by flying around above the cage. I wasn't running away, just, uh, taking a strategic overview. :o

Was in Open Beta, and haven't managed it since, but I played half a dozen matches and spent a bit of time above the cage in most of them. Could be based on a timer, on health when you go up there, or just a specific location on the ceiling above the cage.

I get it on every hero I've made, you basically need to be in the middle of the cage roof. You may need to not be flying. If you're not a hero capable of getting up there, I'd say you're screwed for this perk though.
    edited August 2009
    KageNoOni wrote:

Same thing happened to me on the next tier perk. I got Well-to-do, and now the next one is at -1/50000.

Bugged, as someone said above.
    edited August 2009
    I found another Lore perk,

Defender Research:
    Psi Defender research
    On top of the Psi building there are two balcony levels with some guys on them, the lore is in a note stashed under a food cart on one of those ledges.
    edited August 2009
    Does anyone have a complete list of any hidden perks in "crisis in canada" or "Southwest Desert Crisis"
    edited August 2009
    Also, Citizen Grond isn't on the wiki, it's a collection perk found on the dud bomb in the NW portion of the Atomic Wsteland.
    edited August 2009
    People, it is possible to get the perks from both crisis zones. Do the desert zone, and after killing Gigaton and moving back to the exit, DO NOT CLICK CONTINUE when it prompts you to start digging. Just close the window and simply walk up the rocks into the vault door and use it to get back into the crisis. Just be careful that pressing Z in that area will put you out of the crisis, so manually click on the button for exiting the vault.
    edited August 2009
    Lohr wrote:
    You can't complete the 2 knowledge perks anyone where else, nor can you get the 3 vanquish perks. Unless Rakshasa, Ferd and Gigaton show up someplace else in the game.

For the 3 vanquish perks, you can only get one of those, correct?

As for the knowledge ones, are we sure those are the only places for them?
    edited August 2009
    Splurch wrote:
    For the 3 vanquish perks, you can only get one of those, correct?

As for the knowledge ones, are we sure those are the only places for them?

Officially, you can get 2 max. Ferd and either Rak/Giga.

Unofficially, you can do the entirety of both crisis zones including the end missions. Finish the desert zone, then do the ending instance in the vault. When leaving, dont select "dig out" select "Crisis" or "To Crisis" and then go and do canada, and finish it normally. Then when you are back in real canada, fly over to desert and hand in the quest to Kaufman.
    edited August 2009
    Here's another one:

Exploration: Made in China
    Do to the contact Lin Qi in Chinatown, go across the street from her and look forward and to the right. There should be an alleyway guarded by two lion-dog statues and with a half-dozen or so ninja guys there too, read the plaque on the wall next to the lion-dog.
    edited August 2009
    There isn't any missable Lore glowies in the tutorial, is there?
    edited August 2009
    Ganabul wrote:

I got this perk on my character with the swinging travel power so I think you have to stand on top of the cage. It did really make me chuckle though :D
    edited August 2009
    Ohoni wrote:
    Also, Citizen Grond isn't on the wiki, it's a collection perk found on the dud bomb in the NW portion of the Atomic Wsteland.

That one is in the unconfirmed section actually.
    edited August 2009
    Found another collectables search in Millenium City that couldn't see in here or on the wiki.

"African Art Collector": Find all the peices(sic) of African Art, scattered about City Center in Millenium City (1/4)

Drum found at /loc 6322, 311, 1844
    edited August 2009
    IS-Wolf wrote:
    That one is in the unconfirmed section actually.

Actually this on is confirmed, found is last night. Was to tired to put it up on the wiki last night.
    edited August 2009
    anyone know where 'he who sent them up the river' mission is for the breakout at big house perk?

nevermind its achingly obvious and found it....

anyone got hikers horror to work yet? =(
    edited August 2009
    I'm thinking that some of the collection perks should actually be Knowles or exploration perks. Brass Ring, Get to the Choppa (if it still exisits) and Don't go chasing waterfalls should be exploration, while Citizen Grond should be a knowledge perk. They really don't fit into the collection category.
    edited August 2009
    Lohr wrote:
    Actually this on is confirmed, found is last night. Was to tired to put it up on the wiki last night.

Wasn't aware that you'd already found it in the mean time. :D
    Anyway, did you manage to get access to my SS yet?
    Or should I just post the links to them in here?
    Lohr wrote:
    I'm thinking that some of the collection perks should actually be Knowles or exploration perks. Brass Ring, Get to the Choppa (if it still exisits) and Don't go chasing waterfalls should be exploration, while Citizen Grond should be a knowledge perk. They really don't fit into the collection category.

Yeah, but that is where Cryptic themselves put them. Placing them elsewhere, even if it makes more sense, could confuse folks.
    edited August 2009
    Nope, I think I have to create an account, I am just being lazy.

What is your global, can't seem to actually message you in game.

Also confirmed Ohoni's Made in China. Which makes me wonder what else is around there.
    edited August 2009
    Lohr wrote:

What is your global, can't seem to actually message you in game.

Not part of the headstart.

Just hanging around the forums a bit, answering questions to stuff that I've already done and somewhat recall how I did it.
    edited August 2009
    Get to the Choppa still exists, MC 8334, 748, -270
    edited August 2009
    So for the two crisis knowledge perks, are those the only two or are there others I need to keep an eye out for that I cant come back to?
    edited August 2009
    Splurch wrote:
    So for the two crisis knowledge perks, are those the only two or are there others I need to keep an eye out for that I cant come back to?

Make sure you get ceiling cat in the PvP area. Once you pass 20 you have a different set of pvp areas.
    edited August 2009
    I have a question about the Crowns of Krim one. http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/The_Crowns_of_Krim

I read the note after defeating Talisman, but nothing happened. I didn't get a quest or anything. Was that all I needed to do to get that one rolling or is it bugged?
    edited August 2009
    Sarielle wrote:
    I have a question about the Crowns of Krim one. http://www.champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/The_Crowns_of_Krim

I read the note after defeating Talisman, but nothing happened. I didn't get a quest or anything. Was that all I needed to do to get that one rolling or is it bugged?

All you have to do is read it.
    edited August 2009
    Dardove wrote:
    Make sure you get ceiling cat in the PvP area. Once you pass 20 you have a different set of pvp areas.

Which sucks, for those people that don't have a jump or flight power. I can't get up there with SS.
    edited August 2009
    Splurch wrote:

There is only one Knowledge Perk for each crisis and then the associated Vanquish Perks.