If You Just Get "Trying to update the launcher." Post Here

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Free game time wont be enough to make up for this. I demand the following:

A full refund.

A free lifetime subscription.

3 coupons for 30% Off at Gamestop.

Increase my Netflix queue to over 9,000.

A bucket of chicken w/biscuits.

Also: FIX IT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo3uxqwTxk0
    edited September 2009
    Guess what happened a week ago.....they took down the account servers for updates :eek:
    edited September 2009
    Having it this morning.....any work around?
    edited September 2009
    Same thing here. I was able to play yesterday evening 9-2-09 and then I Realized oh I never used my CD key to get my free bonus items and just know in the last 20 minutes I plugged the CD keys in for the retail version and the CD key for the free bonus item. Went to launch the game and mow i am getting

" Trying to update the launcher. Please be Patient" 3minutes go by and then i get - ERROR Connection was idle to long!

So maybe just maybe! Its the CD keys that we all entered ? Since i was able to run the game before :eek:
    edited September 2009
    i wish they'd make a post saying there working on it and giving a lead on what the problem might be. it would make me feel a tad better and im sure many others aswell
    edited September 2009
    Heebath wrote:
    Free game time wont be enough to make up for this. I demand the following:

A full refund.

A free lifetime subscription.

3 coupons for 30% Off at Gamestop.

Increase my Netflix queue to over 9,000.

A bucket of chicken w/biscuits.

Also: FIX IT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo3uxqwTxk0

You know what I demand? a free life-time supply of life. Because you can never get enough of it
    edited September 2009
    Now whenever I start the launcher, it seems to close on itself for some reason. Annoying.

Oh well. At least this thread is growing like filipinos at an Air Supply concert.
    edited September 2009
    Well, I bypassed the patcher entirely and simply loaded the game with the main .exe. Despite the website claiming otherwise, the authentication server is down. That likely has something to do with our problems.

Not much help, but it's something.
    edited September 2009
    I would just like to take this time to thank everyone for the provided amusement due to your increasing frustration and impatience. It has relieved mine.

lol :) yeah some good wind ups at these times, I like the pot heads the most Chill Man Chill....lmao :D
    edited September 2009
    Same thing here.. would be nice to get a dev update if there is a patch being applied or somthing
    edited September 2009
    just worked for me
    edited September 2009
    i'm in. server looks to be back up
    edited September 2009
    I notice the first post in this thread is a week ago…
    And I think that by now most of the posts in this thread have been in the past 2 hrs. I suspect that today is a different (but possibly related) issue.

BTW - as I typed this my launcher moved on to login screen - maybe it's fixed...
    edited September 2009
    Just let me past it....and I have a launcher, now.

Fixed, maybe?
    edited September 2009
    I Can Connect Again :d
    edited September 2009
    its up :)
    YAY
    edited September 2009
    It's working now
    edited September 2009
    Servers are back up people! hup-to! (or was it Hop-to?)
    edited September 2009
    just loaded the patcher its running now for me and patching up hopefully its working its downloading etc atm
    edited September 2009
    Guys Open And Close The Launcher Thing And Keep Doing It Untill You Get In ... It Worked For Me !!!!! Cya Ingame
    edited September 2009
    Praise Jesus. Glory to God.
    edited September 2009
    I'm also in again.
    edited September 2009
    Same problem. Was looking really forward to finishing the last part of the tutorial, to.

Oh well. The game was just released. Its going to take it some time to get working well.

EDIT: I got in!!
    edited September 2009
    let me join the crew YAY IT WORKZORZ! thanks for the laughs ppl gonna go to bed now rofl
    edited September 2009
    now ya see ya whiney lil brats. Just give em a minute.

Someone gimme a pat on the back and in game money. <3
    edited September 2009
    Me too, I'm in!
    edited September 2009
    Looks like it's fixed now. Thanks for the quick response Cryptic! :)
    edited September 2009
    Topgun wrote:
    Everyone just needs to chill out, go to the store, buy some more redbull, cheetos, hot pockets, and let them do their job. Would you rather have a public relations worker spending time drafting some "we are aware of this problem, apologize for the inconvenience, our teams working on addressing the issue" Message, and actively spending time searching through forums for places to post it, at the loss of manhours to someone who can actually spend their time fixing the problem?

Its day 3 of live play. Bugs happen, instead of crying about authentication being down for the past hour, find something better to do, Yes it sucks for those people who have thursday off and were looking forward to playing, but the reality of any launch week is fairly regular glitches and patches. All day yesturday all I heard about in zone chat was people complaining that the game was ultra laggy. Consider this your fix to that hopefully.

For those of you who aren't willing to wait, and are waiting for a blue post. I will speak for cryptic lol (having absolutely nothing to do with them)

"We are currently aware of an authentication issue preventing many players from logging into live servers. We are currently addressing this matter and will give you an update when we have a better understanding of the problem. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Chill, go read massively or champions build strats, do some housecleaning or something other than troll forums with childish whining about bugs and patches on launch week.

Hee! As I mentioned in another post, I'm a "veteran" of the Anarchy Online launch. *goes into a Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder flashback*
    *blinks*
    Sorry. ;)
    But as I said, THAT was the mother of all shaky launches, I think!

...and just as I'm typing this, guess what? The Launcher comes up...it seems to be fixed! :D
    edited September 2009
    CJL9324 wrote:
    To all of you telling us to calm down, the devs are probably working on it, it's only the beginning of the game, etc. Maybe you should get a little more worried.

If you read, this is NOT a sudden error, people have posted that this has happened since closed beta. I would imagine of those people quite a few reported such a problem so Crpytic could fix it, however, looky here! Second day of payed game play and we don't even have a RESPONSE, never mind a fix that should have been implemented weeks ago. It's happening on a larger scale now, there was a patch last night, they obviously Fed up and will work on a new patch and restart the server. But considering this was a problem during Closed Beta, so so long ago, and as well in Open Beta, it should NOT still be occuring.

Again, good games fall when backed by bad customer support, and again, I'm not impressed at all by their support so far.

So everyone supporting the laid back "it'll be over soon", take another read through this topic, and then maybe you'll say "This shouldn't be happening at all".

Here Here CJL, very well said I totally agree.....:)
    edited September 2009
    i want to thank you all for giving me something to read during this time of crisis!

BIG HUGZ AND HIGH FIVEZ ALL ROUND!!
    edited September 2009
    Weeeee! *stops building wepons of mass destruction* :)
    edited September 2009
    WFCFatal wrote:
    now ya see ya whiney lil brats. Just give em a minute.

Someone gimme a pat on the back and in game money. <3

*pats on the back*
    edited September 2009
    So, did people chill then and wait the extra 10 minutes?

And no, I'm not a pothead.

People get locked out of a game for an hour 20 and start threatening to cancel accounts, demand refunds... Wonder why devs aren't replying to their threads... when typically, its because they have betetr things to do, like FIXING the issue.

Good to see you all are back, see you tommorrow when people will likely flip out again at a completely different issue. Welcome to any games typical launch week.
    edited September 2009
    Terjee wrote:
    Count me in on this one. Got this problem for the first time today and I have been playig since beta

Same here.

Played through the beta up until yesterday. Tried to log in today and nothing.

No settings have been changed on the PC and I've tried with both firewall up and down.

I'm hoping that this is a momentary hiccup.

It would be good if there were some Cryptic guys Europe side to at least throw out some kind of answer.
    edited September 2009
    Vrykela wrote:
    Me too, I'm in!

Just got in myself! Thank the Online Guys!
    edited September 2009
    Game is up, put the fire down, whew.
    edited September 2009
    It's up.

What can I say, these guys may be silent but they work at sorting the stuff out. :)
    edited September 2009
    I now get the error "Error 4 - attempted view is invalid".
    edited September 2009
    posting before made me feel better about not being able to get in.

Now being able to get in makes me feel even better :)

Glad I kept trying and didn't just give up for the night.....
    edited September 2009
    And now just as suddenly I'm logged in. :)

If this is any help I tried running the game client on its own and it timed out trying to connect to the server.
    Then I tried the icon on the desktop again and the patcher just worked.
    edited September 2009
    Can finnaly log in, however the "server not responding" and rubberband lag is still there....
    edited September 2009
    does anyone notice that when blizz realeased Wow it was already a huge company because of warcraft 3 and diablo 2? they had the manpower and money to give free days and get instant reports on everything.. i really don't get how people sit and compair every launch to WoWs launch or even warrhammer online's launch, which was pushed back a bunch of times and delayed about a year, most likely because of Wow being so popular a launch would have to be bug free to not have people get on one MMO and then go "meh it has one bug.. i'm going back to wow!" give the MMO a chance to work the bugs out of it and dont sit there saying how amazing wow's customer suport is with their trillion member staff and their ability to hotfix everything in seconds.
    edited September 2009
    Topgun wrote:
    So, did people chill then and wait the extra 10 minutes?

And no, I'm not a pothead.

People get locked out of a game for an hour 20 and start threatening to cancel accounts, demand refunds... Wonder why devs aren't replying to their threads... when typically, its because they have betetr things to do, like FIXING the issue.

Good to see you all are back, see you tommorrow when people will likely flip out again at a completely different issue. Welcome to any games typical launch week.

LOL....I was enjoying this thread, can Cryptic take their servers offline again please :p
    edited September 2009
    I now get the error "Error 4 - attempted view is invalid".
    There is a button where normally is "play". Click it then start.
    edited September 2009
    Lout wrote:
    LOL....I was enjoying this thread, can Cryptic take their servers offline again please :p

twas amusing to say the least
    edited September 2009
    Win. I was just about to come and whine about it. :d
    edited September 2009
    I think everyone who gets the error needs to open a ticket from the website, if they get a big enough flood of tickets, it becomes the number one issue and they'll work on it sooner. Remember, this close to launch they don't want bad publicity.
    edited September 2009
    Still trying to update my launcher and nothing happening, anyone else?
    edited September 2009
    yes, having the same issue. Sometimes it tries to authenticate the launcher other times it gets to the connecting part and freezes.
    edited September 2009
    The trying to update the launcher error has returned, i got as far as trying to patch, then this again. This is really pathetic.