test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If You Just Get "Trying to update the launcher." Post Here

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Played fine yesterday. I get up early this morning and I get the message over and over about being patient.
    edited September 2009
    Getting the same thing here. Haven't even played this as yet, and doesn't look like I will tonight (I'm in Aus..)
    edited September 2009
    Yes, I am also having problems with the launcher stuck at updating with an eventual "Communications Idle too long" message.
    edited September 2009
    This just started happening to me today. Was working fine last night.
    edited September 2009
    have had no problems either until this morning..

"trying to update launcher, please be patient"
    edited September 2009
    Same problem here, playing in Spain (Europe :D). Played fine until yesterday.

This is not the first mmo with these issues the firsts days after their release.

As this is not a "programmed" manitenance, hope Cryptic will give us 1 day of free playtime... as did Codemasters with Lord of the Rings Online... as did Funcom with Age of Conan... when they had their users unable to play without any prior explanation.
    edited September 2009
    We don't even know if they are working on a solution. It could be hours.
    This is pathetic. What an awful start. I've payed money to not play a game and not know if anything is being done. What a load of *****. Looks like its back to TF2 for today.
    edited September 2009
    same here in france, fine just nearly one hour ago and now... I hope it gonna be back rapidly ^^.
    edited September 2009
    I was playing just fine until this morning. Now I'm getting the error.
    edited September 2009
    When other MMO's were having this problem, *coughwowcough*, they gaves us free days to play on. Maybe Cryptic could look into that so that way we arn't paying for error messages.
    edited September 2009
    Me too. :(
    edited September 2009
    Only just started happening trying to log in now (10:04pm aus time).
    I'm sure itll be fixed soon.
    edited September 2009
    same here, just get the updating launcher please wait patiently box, then it times out. was playing around 1:15 to 2:30 ish AM
    edited September 2009
    Fryiee wrote:
    Only just started happening trying to log in now (10:04pm aus time).
    I'm sure itll be fixed soon.

No?...
    This has been going for nearly 1h 40 minutes now
    edited September 2009
    Lout wrote:
    Get & back to ya bong...MellowMan :eek:
    Yea we are all long term MMO'ers.

THIS IS NOT BETA ANYMORE - THIS IS THE PAID FOR LIVE GAME NOW
    Everybody who thinks that these companies should have an extra month in un-official beta testing should join the real World, the people that say these things must be working for the company or related in some manner as the more this happens on new LIVE releases the more companies are gonna pull this kinda ****!

Can you imagine if 20th Century Fox released a movie and it wasnt finished.....:rolleyes:

Well mi amigo. "mellowman" thinks you should bear in mind this is not a movie, this is a thing with lotsa working parts. If we were logging in to watch a movie it'd be different.

This is the rough same to a theme park ride breaking down. If on the first day its open thousands of people ride it, something might go wrong, cuz up until that point, not that many asses been in it.

But I appreciate your response not being full of "**** you" <3
    edited September 2009
    I'm having the exact same problem now. Off to find a support page.
    edited September 2009
    Urnam wrote:
    This is pathetic. What an awful start. I've payed money to not play a game and not know if anything is being done. What a load of *****. Looks like its back to TF2 for today.

Are you serious??????
    edited September 2009
    same issue here in Australia.

Don't worry folks, this is nothing to go crying for blood over, sure the auth. server or the patch server might be down at the moment but it'll be back and then we can all enjoy.

it just sucks that I haven't got much time over the next few days to enjoy it oh well, I've paid so I will play when I get time.
    edited September 2009
    Urnam wrote:

I know someone where we dont know if there working on a solution or not. The presidant and the economy.
    edited September 2009
    SoundFX wrote:
    Stop *****ing about devs not responding. I'm 100% sure they are aware of the issue with several posts blowing up. It takes time to get people out of bed and to work. Then I'm pretty sure public relations is the lowest priority when you have an issue like this. Don't get me wrong I'd like to hear from a Dev as well but please be patient. Go the hell outside.

what is this "Out-Side" you speak of? i've heard many rumors and stories about it, but i don't think i my self have actualy been able to find it, is it elusive? how common a sight is it? can i get a disease from it? what does it look like?

(( and for those of you who don't know how to take a joke or know what sarcasm is, refer to my statment above this, im aware that *****ing about the devs aint gonna solve anything but its kinda funny.. almost 20-30-40? plus people? are having the same problem and we have recived no information on whats wrong...))
    edited September 2009
    Champions worked fine yesterday. When I attempted to login today, I get "Trying to update the launcher." It stays on t he screen for roughly 5 mins before giving me an authentication error. Tried reinstalling the game, still having the problem.
    edited September 2009
    Kinda got this issue too...
    edited September 2009
    Well, add me to the list.
    edited September 2009
    I am like so many others here. Just ran into this problem this morning. They must know about the issue at this point so I guess it is a sit and wait for fix situation. Really sucks though, since this is my first day off work since the official launch and I was planning on getting in some Champions time.
    edited September 2009
    I'm getting it too. But this is an MMO and I think would be more surprised if these things didn't happen, it's annoying but there's nothing to be done except wait, it would be very stupid to assume they are not working on it.
    edited September 2009
    Also having the same problem. Was working six hours ago, now just hangs on 'Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient.'

Then after 2-3 minutes, Patcher error with 'The connection was idle for too long.'

Not having any internet problems as I'm browsing the Champion forums while waiting for it to get it's act together.
    edited September 2009
    And me, was logged in 20 mins ago, logged out to get a phone number off the tinternet and now get this logging back in :(
    edited September 2009
    What Irraka said.
    edited September 2009
    I'm getting this too. It was working fine this morning, but now I'm stalled at the launcher. I really wish there was more communication from the devs.
    edited September 2009
    Same issue here in Tasmania (Australia). It's 10:08pm.

Bummer!
    edited September 2009
    I was playing a couple of hours ago and now I can't get in at all. Keeps saying trying to update launcher, be patient. I wait and then it says 'connection idle too long' then closes!!!!! This is terrible. I was having so much fun playing this game. If this problem ever gets fixed, we, the sufferers should get something for our trouble. We paid good money to play this game and to not even get to the login screen is annoying.:mad:
    edited September 2009
    Everyone just needs to chill out, go to the store, buy some more redbull, cheetos, hot pockets, and let them do their job. Would you rather have a public relations worker spending time drafting some "we are aware of this problem, apologize for the inconvenience, our teams working on addressing the issue" Message, and actively spending time searching through forums for places to post it, at the loss of manhours to someone who can actually spend their time fixing the problem?

Its day 3 of live play. Bugs happen, instead of crying about authentication being down for the past hour, find something better to do, Yes it sucks for those people who have thursday off and were looking forward to playing, but the reality of any launch week is fairly regular glitches and patches. All day yesturday all I heard about in zone chat was people complaining that the game was ultra laggy. Consider this your fix to that hopefully.

For those of you who aren't willing to wait, and are waiting for a blue post. I will speak for cryptic lol (having absolutely nothing to do with them)

"We are currently aware of an authentication issue preventing many players from logging into live servers. We are currently addressing this matter and will give you an update when we have a better understanding of the problem. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Chill, go read massively or champions build strats, do some housecleaning or something other than troll forums with childish whining about bugs and patches on launch week.
    edited September 2009
    I have the same problem:

Worked fine last night. Now I come home from work and the launcher idles out on attempting to update. :confused:

Feh. Off to other entertainment, then.

--Khanwulf
    edited September 2009
    Crowey wrote:
    I'm getting it too. But this is an MMO and I think would be more surprised if these things didn't happen, it's annoying but there's nothing to be done except wait, it would be very stupid to assume they are not working on it.

Working on it or not, Blizzard, Mythic, and the other MMO providers i've payed for/played on at least say something along the lines of "Hey.. this is whats going on, were aware of the problem, were in the process of trying to figure out how to fix it, thank you for your Patience and understanding" but do we even get that? Nope.
    edited September 2009
    Having the same problem. Just finished downloading the game, but when trying to log in I get the "Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient"-message, followed by a "The connection was idle for too long"-error.

Tried to re-install but that didn't help either, please help :)
    edited September 2009
    I would just like to take this time to thank everyone for the provided amusement due to your increasing frustration and impatience. It has relieved mine.
    edited September 2009
    Seeing it's 04:11 over in the US, I guess this will take a while :)
    edited September 2009
    I have joined this apparently popular club :mad:

Anyone finds a fix please post it up asap.
    edited September 2009
    Hi just starting having this issue today, so not sure what changed :(
    edited September 2009
    Topgun wrote:
    Everyone just needs to chill out, go to the store, buy some more redbull, cheetos, hot pockets, and let them do their job. Would you rather have a public relations worker spending time drafting some "we are aware of this problem, apologize for the inconvenience, our teams working on addressing the issue" Message, and actively spending time searching through forums for places to post it, at the loss of manhours to someone who can actually spend their time fixing the problem?

Its day 3 of live play. Bugs happen, instead of crying about authentication being down for the past hour, find something better to do, Yes it sucks for those people who have thursday off and were looking forward to playing, but the reality of any launch week is fairly regular glitches and patches. All day yesturday all I heard about in zone chat was people complaining that the game was ultra laggy. Consider this your fix to that hopefully.

For those of you who aren't willing to wait, and are waiting for a blue post. I will speak for cryptic lol (having absolutely nothing to do with them)

"We are currently aware of an authentication issue preventing many players from logging into live servers. We are currently addressing this matter and will give you an update when we have a better understanding of the problem. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Chill, go read massively or champions build strats, do some housecleaning or something other than troll forums with childish whining about bugs and patches on launch week.

omgz i can be yourz friendz? next to WFCFatal smartest thing anyone has said
    edited September 2009
    Beat ya too it topgun scroll back a few.
    edited September 2009
    Topgun wrote:

I understand your (and many others) sympathy for Cryptic. I am almost there with you. But the problem is you (just like the rest of us) don't know that that statement is true. they may be clueless. I know ranting won't fix anything, which is why I am not doing so... but a message to let us know they are aware is not unreasonable.
    edited September 2009
    Malvania wrote:
    Working on it or not, Blizzard, Mythic, and the other MMO providers i've payed for/played on at least say something along the lines of "Hey.. this is whats going on, were aware of the problem, were in the process of trying to figure out how to fix it, thank you for your Patience and understanding" but do we even get that? Nope.

Actually Mythc would flat out Lie then blame the players then go on to tell people about fake upcoming patches that infact only nerf the weaker classes and buff the already overpowered classes, then they would post a blog with paul barnet saying the weak classes are fine but the players are just stupid and need to learn to play.
    edited September 2009
    Exactly the same symptoms as Irraka
    I notice the first post in this thread is a week ago…
    And nothing has been resolved.
    This is not encouraging
    edited September 2009
    same problem in norway. guess i better find something else to do in the meantime, a service anaunsment would be nice so you could estimate how long it will take for the servers to be up and running again tho.
    edited September 2009
    HellfireOL wrote:
    omgz i can be yourz friendz? next to WFCFatal smartest thing anyone has said

thanks baby.
    edited September 2009
    Trying to update the launcher, ugh!!!

Me too
    edited September 2009
    me too.....
    edited September 2009
    Malvania wrote:

2 hours response time is almost as fast as my local law enforcement agency.

Give them time, think of what time it actually is for the yanks D:
    edited September 2009
    To all of you telling us to calm down, the devs are probably working on it, it's only the beginning of the game, etc. Maybe you should get a little more worried.

If you read, this is NOT a sudden error, people have posted that this has happened since closed beta. I would imagine of those people quite a few reported such a problem so Crpytic could fix it, however, looky here! Second day of payed game play and we don't even have a RESPONSE, never mind a fix that should have been implemented weeks ago. It's happening on a larger scale now, there was a patch last night, they obviously Fed up and will work on a new patch and restart the server. But considering this was a problem during Closed Beta, so so long ago, and as well in Open Beta, it should NOT still be occuring.

Again, good games fall when backed by bad customer support, and again, I'm not impressed at all by their support so far.

So everyone supporting the laid back "it'll be over soon", take another read through this topic, and then maybe you'll say "This shouldn't be happening at all".