Install Arc

If You Just Get "Trying to update the launcher." Post Here

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Signed... wtf is all I can say. :mad:
    edited September 2009
    Server Status says "Down" right now, according to their home page. Thusly, nothing is working because hopefully they are analyzing and fixing the problem. Please stick with em folks, I'm sure (hope) they are doing their best.
    edited September 2009
    I just bought the game and i get this issue.. Not a good start i tell you what. At the very least a dev should say they know of the damn problem
    edited September 2009
    Loaded up this morning and got this error... It beeped at me and said "Was Idle for too long"

I is sad :(
    edited September 2009
    I have the same issue as everyone else. I went out, tried to take care of some other stuff, and came back and the problem had not been resolved. I kinda feel foolish for spending so much on something that doesn't work yet.

I tried hard to like the game too. I loves the character creation, powersets, but the inability to log in and the 'shard' system are turn offs. I have 6 months to keep trying to log in, though!
    edited September 2009
    Trying to update launcher please wait. Where do we see on this site where the server is up so I can bookmark it?
    edited September 2009
    I was play until 10min ago got disconected and now am getting this message for the very first time....from what I am reading its happening more and more often. Please fix this
    edited September 2009
    Got this game yesterday and had this problem for the first time 20 mins ago.

I d/c from the server during character creation and it wont let me log back in.
    edited September 2009
    Bichito wrote:
    Hi,

I was having this problem in the morning. I just added tha programs "Champions on line.exe", "GameClient.exe" and "Steam.exe" to the exceptions in the windows Firewall options and it worked for me. Maybe it was just coincidence, but if you are using Vista you can try it.

Well it seems it has nothing to do with the firewall, I'm having the problem again.
    edited September 2009
    Same issue. Patcher stuck.
    edited September 2009
    Same problem here, some sort of response from devs would be appreciated.
    edited September 2009
    Haha "please fix this." Nah I think they feel they have enough lifetime and 6 mo. subscriptions, so they are just gunna let it die and start a new project. :P Just messin. At leaset you said please though. :)
    edited September 2009
    have this too now. After a server disconnect i could not log in again. Now I cant even get the launcher to load.
    edited September 2009
    yeah having this problem too
    edited September 2009
    same issues here, was playing fine this morning then i was disconnected. now im unable to log in and i have this update launcher popup showing.
    edited September 2009
    Same here... right now i cant log in because it keeps trying to update the launcher. :(
    edited September 2009
    Just got the game and I have the same trying to error...losing my day off work to game and $49.99 as we speak...
    edited September 2009
    I'm having this issue as well.
    edited September 2009
    Rwarrr Hulk Mad Hulk Want Fixed Rwar
    edited September 2009
    Ditto. Same here. Sign.
    edited September 2009
    And Launcher is auto updating but takes forever and times out.. Hopefully fixed soon.. off work today :D
    edited September 2009
    i JUST GOT THIS ERROR MESSAGE FOR THE FIRST TIME AND NOW i CANNOT GET BACK ONLINE. Is this permanant or what?
    edited September 2009
    Chill people. We all want to play, but as with any new game, things are breaking. Just give them some time. And no, we won't get a Dev response because hopefully, they have their entire staff at work against this problem, so we can play faster. So what'll it be? Dev post or faster uptime?

Although, just in my humble opinion, a Dev post stating "We know there is a problem and we are trying to fix it" would help me sleep a lot better just knowing they know.
    edited September 2009
    Got the game yesterday, and played off and on all day.

Today, stuck at "Trying to update the launcher"

Did they release something new today in a patch?

Stephen
    edited September 2009
    Here we go, same thing over and over again :(

This should have been sorted out a long time ago in Beta (they knew all about this)....
    Such a great game as well, shame about the unstable servers....
    edited September 2009
    Hooray! I get to join this merry band! I was playing up until a few minutes ago and now I can't connect. Even if I bypass the updater I still time out to the account server. This is just grand. Yep. Same thing happened to me yesterday and then I spent a few hours reinstalling the client. I'm so happy I picked up a six month sub. Happy happy happy.

:mad::mad::mad:

I hope something is done about this. If I have to reinstall everyday just to play then I want a refund.
    edited September 2009
    Same problem here. It worked fine for me yesterday, but today....nothing doing.
    edited September 2009
    Been 3 hours since last post ... I have the same Patch issue as well..nice to see the Devs quickly solving problems like this...
    edited September 2009
    A quick visit to the home page will explain what is CURRENTLY happening.

duhy.jpg <----click here if you are blind and don't see what I am talking about.
    edited September 2009
    Yep. My gaming partner had the same issue as well. Eventually it resolved for her. I've been trying for a solid half hour now and timeouts each time.
    edited September 2009
    I've only just started getting the problem now D: !!!! Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate Trying to update the launcher please be patient... Error! connection idle!
    edited September 2009
    Guys, the server is down. Go to the front page and look at the top. Server Status: Down. They're working on it (hopefully)
    edited September 2009
    Funny that we havent heard word one from the devs? Can we get some kind of idea of what is going on?
    edited September 2009
    This is extremely disappointing... I'm more confused as to why I'm paying for an open beta. What would it take developers to postpone a release to make sure a game works. Maybe they wanted to beat the Aion release, which by the way will be receiving more of my money compared to this garbage. I'm sure Cryptic is glad I signed up for 6 months and didn't have a choice to shelf this crap until they actually figured out how to launch an MMO. Ever buy a car without an engine but pay full price? Don't worry, they'll be sending you the pieces in the mail over the next month... maybe.
    edited September 2009
    Freyera wrote:
    Chill people. We all want to play, but as with any new game, things are breaking. Just give them some time. And no, we won't get a Dev response because hopefully, they have their entire staff at work against this problem, so we can play faster. So what'll it be? Dev post or faster uptime?

Although, just in my humble opinion, a Dev post stating "We know there is a problem and we are trying to fix it" would help me sleep a lot better just knowing they know.

Here come the chill out potheads again :eek:....A DEV post for me
    edited September 2009
    Same problem here. I hope they're trying to fix this.
    edited September 2009
    A quick visit to the home page will explain what is CURRENTLY happening.

duhy.jpg <----click here if you are blind and don't see what I am talking about.

Yeah the server is down...and?

The server was up earlier and still doing the same thing. I don't really think it makes a huge difference but thanks for taking the time to photoshop the obvious.
    edited September 2009
    Hi,

also now I have this problem, even if real problem is not; I think what time goes out, because the server are down for maintenance, therefore the client cannot grab on to anything to verify if there are updatings or not.
    edited September 2009
    same crap cant log in ... this is not good at all NOT GOOOOOD
    edited September 2009
    In case anyone hasn't noticed, the server status is "down" on the main webpage. Give it some time and I'm sure they will have it back up shortly. Anyone who has ever played a mmo from "day 1" knows that the first few weeks can be pretty bumpy. No need to sweat it, relax and check back every now and then.
    edited September 2009
    there an update on the main page now:

Patcher Currently Down!
    Posted by WishStone
    A small issue with the patching servers needed our immediate attention. As a result, players can currently not patch the game. As we currently have no time estimate, we will keep you updated as this progresses. Thank you!
    edited September 2009
    Same issue as everyone else. Started with one error and then became another.
    1) Reach the launcher screen and saw a message underneath the Patch Progress bar that said "Connecting" followed by the "Idle" logout message.
    2) Now, a small box appears when I try to open the launcher that says: "Trying to update the launcher. Please be Patient"

Hopefully they're doing their best to solve this. I'd like to play again, having a lot of fun with this game =)
    edited September 2009
    Well, they just posted about this on the main page. Patch server issues or some such goin' on.
    edited September 2009
    Here is your DEV post:

http://www.champions-online.com/node/498381

just stay calm, the Dr. Destroyer isn't be hind this and the city is safe even though you are stuck offline.
    edited September 2009
    For those who haven't seen the updated front page there is this message :

http://www.champions-online.com/node/498381

And for those too lazy to follow the link :

A small issue with the patching servers needed our immediate attention. As a result, players can currently not patch the game. As we currently have no time estimate, we will keep you updated as this progresses. Thank you!
    edited September 2009
    I know this down time is very dissapointing but whinning about it won't make it go any faster. I'm sure they are working out what ever issue this is we all just have to be patient
    edited September 2009
    "The Champions Online Live Server is currently down for emergency maintenance. During this time you will not be able to play or to patch. The expected return time is 12:00 p.m. PDT. We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience. "

Finally...
    edited September 2009
    Same problem here. All day. It's sad when a promising new MMO never gets a chance because they cant keep it running long enough for players to get into it.
    edited September 2009
    I am having the same issues. I was zoning in game from a pvp match last night ...the game crashed and I have not been able to log on ever since.
    edited September 2009
    Lout wrote:
    Here come the chill out potheads again :eek:....A DEV post for me

Hey. I detest that totally unfounded claim that I am what you are referring to as a 'Pothead'. I haven't done a touch of acid in my life... :p

And on the other note, I would like a Dev post as well. They let us feel that warm sense of knowing everything is being sorted out and that y'all know about the problem. Like when a firefighter tells the family it will be okay, even if their house is burning to the ground behind them.