test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If You Just Get "Trying to update the launcher." Post Here

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Posts: 1,156,071 Arc User
    edited September 2009
    Could the problem be that they took the game down and didn't announce it or post about it? If so, it seems to me that they should have a pop-up from the launcher telling us this or at least announce it in the threads, it would save a lot of headaches.
    edited September 2009
    happened through closed/open beta for me. Usually just restart the patcher 3 times and good to go. Struggled today to get it to run all the way through patcher. finally did then got bounced out of game completely. Now trying to repatch NOTHING.
    edited September 2009
    I'm getting the "Trying to update the Launcher. Please be patient." message as well.
    edited September 2009
    Got the same problem here also. So does the gf at the moment. :)
    edited September 2009
    Varying issues.

This AM, couldn't get past launcher.

Finally did.

Then, about 10 min ago, booted out of game.

Couldn't get past launcher.

Finally did.

Now can't connect to login server.
    edited September 2009
    Are we sure they aren't doing maintenance? I noticed on the front page it shows Server Status: Down to me.
    edited September 2009
    Add another with the little gray box of denial.
    edited September 2009
    It's happening again, wtf devs got to get it togeather, give us a notice on the Web or something on whats going on? I could be playing my Xbox if this is gonna last all day.
    edited September 2009
    It just randomly started doing this to me today. It was working fine earlier.
    edited September 2009
    Just wanted to add my name to the ever growing list of people who are suddenly and inexplicably locked out by this launcher update error. Just did a fresh install, and still no help. Anyone found a work around? Aside from playing another MMO, or going outside or something awful like that.
    edited September 2009
    I just started having this problem today and cant log into the game. I tried reinstalling the game, but it does the same thing. This sucks, cause I was just on this morning playing.
    edited September 2009
    Same problem here. :(
    edited September 2009
    I was never able to play in beta for this launcher update issue.
    I am now receiving the same "trying to update the launcher, please be patient" but it just
    continues to time out. :confused:
    edited September 2009
    Passatuner wrote:
    This worked for me, except that i did not add steam.exe, as i have the D2D Version..

/Edit: Well, it let the Launcher start, but now i cannot connect to the login server. Dammit!

hmmmm did not work. running windows7
    edited September 2009
    Same, and sometimes I get the Valid Ticket needed message
    edited September 2009
    Been fine until now, never an issue, played all morning today, logged out for some food, and now im getting this to :(
    edited September 2009
    pilferk wrote:
    Varying issues.

This AM, couldn't get past launcher.

Finally did.

Then, about 10 min ago, booted out of game.

Couldn't get past launcher.

Finally did.

Now can't connect to login server.

Thats what I was talkin bout!!
    edited September 2009
    Me and my mates all got this problem at the same time. I think most, if not all players are having this. Be patient
    edited September 2009
    Having this problem too.
    ffs this is the last time I buy an MMORPG as it laucnes...
    edited September 2009
    Just got the game yesterday, it's been running great until about 15 minutes ago when I got the "trying..." thing. Huzzah.
    edited September 2009
    Yep im busted i was in for a bit but the game wouldnt render properly and relogged to try and fix that and now im back to not getting in again:

Tried Running as Admin
    Tried Firewall exceptions to Gameclient and Championsonline.exe
    Tried enabling all the settings in options Force connect or whatever etc
    Put the entire computer in my DMZ

Running Vista 64 D2D version
    NVIDIA 210 Video Card
    COX Virginia Cable Internet

Got some sort of MS patch last night but i have connected after that without issue. I logged off at 0400 EDT.

I am on the east coast and it seems to be almost lag related. Various times i have gotten to the login screen and even to character selection and the one time it did let me in it seemed awfully laggy. Perhaps cryptic has a messed up supervisor module, hosed WAN accelarator, or hosed VPN tunnel somewhere?
    edited September 2009
    Okay, so, if you get booted without warning in the middle of a timed quest, and the game server is still up, but the log in servers are apparently down, does the clock keep ticking so that you fail the mission? Or do you resume where you left off?
    edited September 2009
    Same boat...
    edited September 2009
    Was playing all morning then I got disconnected about 10 min ago. Now it' says "Trying to update the launcher. Please be patient."

What gives?

EDIT: Just got Patch Error: The connection was idle for too long

=/
    edited September 2009
    I'm having the same thing.
    edited September 2009
    I was in game playing just fine then got kicked out about an hour ago back to the login screen. Then I kept getting as far as character select, but would get dumped back to login screen again. Now I too get this patcher message and can't go any further.
    edited September 2009
    I was online for about 5 minutes and got dc'd, now i have the same issue everyone else is having. This has been a problem since the initial open beta. From what I have understood from the dev responses in the past is the login server is having issues. If this is what we are to expect from CO then I may decide to just get Aion and play that. This is so stupid, the game was not ready for release if they are still having this issue. This should have been taken care of before release. I had an issue last night where it wouldnt even authenticate my freakin account. So i decided to watch a movie and pass out. Now on my day off i was anxious to log on and play but to my great disappointment I am unable to. Boooooo to you cryptic for this outrage.
    edited September 2009
    Was logged in playing and about 15-20 mins ago I get booted out and now this is the message I get when trying to log back in. Figure the servers down or something.
    edited September 2009
    I have had this issue since the beginning of open beta, and I have yet to find an answer to the problem that works for everyone. The frightening thing is the fact that instead of seeing the number of people suffering from this problem decrease, every day there is another thread or two going up saying "I just started having this problem."

If we want Cryptic to fix whatever may be causing this, we need to find out just how large this problem is. To do that, we need everyone who is having this problem to post in one thread. The more responses there are, the more likely it is that a real solution will be found, other than just "Restart you computer, Restart the launcher, or Reinstall the game."

my comp worked better with CoX and the graphics on CoX were 5x better, but now im having soo many problems with CO that i really dont even know why iam playing it anymore, confused bout y it isnt working, atm the problem is "Trying to Update Launcher. Please be patient" and it ends up doing nothing, if all the technical problems in CO dont either die or go away then i will have to play another MMO, i should spend half my playing time trying to "fix" it, im not complaining just stating something everyone is thinking./
    edited September 2009
    Same problem, waiting for the update of launcher.. then it errors out with a "connection idle for too long" message.

If there's a fix please make a new thread, as it's the question if the OP will see it and update first post.
    edited September 2009
    i am having this problem now. I was playing fine yesterday and then today i go to log in and it tries to update the launcher and just s**** there. Eventually the window pops up with it being idle for to long.

Yes there really should be a posting of some kind to acknowledge it is being looked into/fixed or what is the cause of the problem if they know already.
    edited September 2009
    Same problem
    edited September 2009
    Man this sucks, I am off of work today too lol! I hope they fix this soon I really want to play. I bet it's a patch or something going on.:(
    edited September 2009
    having the same problem, happened a few times during beta too... i go to the website it says server is UP, i got booted out of game very unceremoniously, and sent back to login screen, waited to login and got 'conection timed out' message. restarted system, and get 'trying to update launcher' msg and connection timeout error...
    edited September 2009
    same here.
    edited September 2009
    Anakh wrote:
    Are we sure they aren't doing maintenance? I noticed on the front page it shows Server Status: Down to me.

I can tell you this:

I was in game. No notice, no nothing. We were just DROPPED from the server.

If they'd been doing maintenance, I would think we would have gotten some sort of broadcast warning that the server was coming down. They wouldn't have just dumped us.

So...my guess is: Crash and burn.

Now they're trying to diagnose WHY, which likely means we may be waiting awhile. My guess is until they finish analyzing the logs and possibly fixing any problems they find there...we'll be in the cold. But we'll see....

Incidentally, about 5 min AFTE R we got dropped, the server status was still listed as "UP".
    edited September 2009
    Same boat ...
    edited September 2009
    Seems like the server is down now. So, I guess we wait :-)
    edited September 2009
    Just got the problem myself this morning, game loaded fine before. Funny thing is, I left it alone for awhile, came back...and the loader loaded up fine, but then tried to connect to patch, but couldnt.... So I turned it off, waited a bit, then I was right back where I started, nothing but the "trying to update launcher, please wait" thing.
    Pls wait my azz...
    edited September 2009
    i have the same problem BUT not all the time
    it happends randomly
    edited September 2009
    signed. Same login issues as everyone else.
    edited September 2009
    I am having the same issue. Was playing fine in headstart and launch until I woke up this morning and found this. :mad::eek::(
    edited September 2009
    Got the game today, played for about 3 hours without any problems until a disconnect about 30 mins ago. Now Im getting the same error message.
    edited September 2009
    pilferk wrote:
    Incidentally, about 5 min AFTE R we got dropped, the server status was still listed as "UP".

yeah, Im getting real tired of that. Everytime the server is indeed NOT UP, it still lists it as rdy....
    edited September 2009
    Same problem for me. Everything worked fine yesterday afternoon but I can't even log in today...
    edited September 2009
    well its noon time on the east coast and i've tried like half a dozen times and I can not get past the Trying to Update the Launcher BS mother effing patch I'm on my lunch break I wanna play damn it! :mad:
    edited September 2009
    ya so I am getting this problem as well. . . lame. finally get some time to invest into this game and this happens.
    edited September 2009
    Aye. same.
    Was happily playing till about 30 mins ago. Now it would let me back in.
    edited September 2009
    I am having the same issues. Played this morning without a problem. Now getting the message.
    edited September 2009
    same as Kilinn