test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Compiled List of Bugs, Issues and QOL Concerns (Version 2.0)

Comments

• Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    Updated page. Still can't add to the QOL section due to post count limit.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I've removed it Wolf
    Psi.
  • Options
    Huge QOL Issue & Bug:

Hideout Rooms, are still NOT usable, and have been like this for too long, This needs fixing ASAP, this has been Ignored by Devs for too long, Unacceptable
    Psi.
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Reporting a Graphics bug for Win10: Advanced graphical settings, including:
    • Water Effects
    • Bloom (high setting)
    • Shadows (high setting)
    • Comic Outlines
    • SSAO
    • Soft Particles
    • Depth of Field
    Will sometimes or always become disabled if your Anti Aliasing settings are above a certain point, immediately recognizable by a darker game world and, of course, all your characters not having outlines. Currently the only known fixes are to either turn AntiAliasing off (or, on more powerful systems, just lowering them), Run in DX11 mode (which can generate black polygons) or to run the game in Windows 8 compatability mode, which generates massive lag spikes.

There is no consistent way to make the game launch in DX9 mode without the bug manifesting. Clean-installing your drivers and software does not seem to have any positive effect, nor does attempting to regenerate the GamePrefs file, nor does launching the game in DX11 mode and subsequently DX9 directly after a game restart.

To my knowledge, the usage of Windows 10 is the only commonality between cases; system specs likely vary wildly from case to case.

More Info Here
    Post edited by bluhman on
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    The villain art for Hrodgeir's Dockside Dust-up (and Trainspotting?) is missing.
  • Options
    zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    The planes going from the Desert, Canada, and Monster Island need to be connected to each other and Vibora Bay. They have omissions among each other that require you to go back to Millennium City instead of directly to each other.

Add a bank and auction house to the Desert, Canada, Monster Island, and Lemuria. There are ways to redress them to fit the zone (such as making them military instead of civilian) and would make the zones themselves more usable by allowing players to utilize those amenities instead of only going to Millennium City and Vibora Bay.

Allow "Rusty" within the GATEWAY Station to buy items from players like most other vendors.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • Options
    Too many QOL suggestions, and my inability to edit my QOL thread. Sorry so for now hopefully the devs are reading the new comments since I can't update the main post.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    The Unity Invitation mission that's mailed to players at level 40 points to the blimp above RenCen instead of at the UNITY location at the UNTIL building. While the mission will complete if you go in the right door, the incorrect arrow mean players are being pointed in the wrong way for what is supposed to be endgame content. Especially since the arrow points at the physical blimp itself instead of any ground based entry door.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • Options
    crypticarkaynecrypticarkayne Posts: 182 Cryptic Developer
    cryneting said:

Huge QOL Issue & Bug:

Hideout Rooms, are still NOT usable, and have been like this for too long, This needs fixing ASAP, this has been Ignored by Devs for too long, Unacceptable

Can you provide more details on what the issue is here?
  • Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User

cryneting said:

Huge QOL Issue & Bug:

Every hideout has 2 extra rooms that were partially developed and then development on hideouts was completely dropped... many people would like at the very least to have the doors into these extra rooms made functional even if the functionality of the rooms themselves takes quite a bit more time to complete... It comes across as a poor development choice to implement something in a half-finished state and then leave it that way indefinitely.
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options

@crypticarkayne I believe he's referring to the additional rooms that are not active and have yet to be hooked up. The ones that can be seen when zoning hiccups or re-logging back in after a disconnect while in a hideout. Not necessarily what I call a QOL or Bug more of a desire.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Yeah, the extra rooms (easiest to see: the extra domes in the moonbase that you can look into but cannot enter) seem low priority to me, and certainly not 'huge'. Originally I believe the intent was to make them do something useful, such as power training (before remote training was implemented). I believe some of them can be entered through geometry bugs, but they're presumably unfinished.
  • Options
    kallethenkallethen Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Correct, there was supposed to be a Crafting Room and a Training Room in the hideouts, but they were not finished when the dev was moved to a different game. And then "On Alert" came along which killed Crafting and allowed training from anywhere, so the game mechanic reasons for the rooms was no more. It'd be AWESOME if we could have those rooms opened up for RP reasons.​​
    100% of the world is crazy, 95% are in denial.

• Options
    kallethen said:

Correct, there was supposed to be a Crafting Room and a Training Room in the hideouts, but they were not finished when the dev was moved to a different game. And then "On Alert" came along which killed Crafting and allowed training from anywhere, so the game mechanic reasons for the rooms was no more. It'd be AWESOME if we could have those rooms opened up for RP reasons.​​

There were a few good suggesstions shortly after On-Alert on how to make those rooms usefull... the Training rooms could easily be converted into Dueling/Practice Dummy rooms... & Crafting Rooms could be turned into just another RP room... also, the Training rooms original purpose is still valid even with the training anywhere mechanic... it was to my understanding that the training rooms were to have the full functionality of the powerhouse...
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    edited September 2015

cryneting said:

Huge QOL Issue & Bug:

Oh, I do apologize, The topic didn't alert me, that you relayed to my massage, I am sorry for the wait, it looks like most people have said the massage for me already!.Its a Bug/QOL issue in one, and I'll explain here why.

QOL: Every hideout in the game has 2 extra rooms, that where developed for the soul-purpose of Crafting Room and a Training Room, I will provide you images, However just as Righn said, most of the entire player base, have been wanting the hideout rooms to be unlocked and fully functional, and it has came across as a very poor development choice, to implant them and then leave them. I can not express how meny years I have been waiting and getting upset over them.

Bug: As the rooms exist, it is impossible to enter them without glitching into them or even re logging and getting STUCK permanently inside the room, unless you kill yourself or exit the game, only very few hideouts have this issue, but as this is a bug and QOL issue, I whuold love to see it fixed, within the next update or few, as this has been gone on for the years that they where put in in the first place.

A very long time.

Thank You, for responding to my massage, this is a warm welcome from you, and I am very pleased to see, this case being looked at (Hopefully -_-), once more I apologize for the late reply, time has been very hard on me.

Legion

Edit: So I'll add more onto my report, now that we can edit our posts, you can see them below!
    raighn said:

cryneting said:

Huge QOL Issue & Bug:

Every hideout has 2 extra rooms that were partially developed and then development on hideouts was completely dropped... many people would like at the very least to have the doors into these extra rooms made functional even if the functionality of the rooms themselves takes quite a bit more time to complete... It comes across as a poor development choice to implement something in a half-finished state and then leave it that way indefinitely.
    And
    raighn said:

kallethen said:

There were a few good suggesstions shortly after On-Alert on how to make those rooms usefull... the Training rooms could easily be converted into Dueling/Practice Dummy rooms... & Crafting Rooms could be turned into just another RP room... also, the Training rooms original purpose is still valid even with the training anywhere mechanic... it was to my understanding that the training rooms were to have the full functionality of the powerhouse...
    Everything here is 100% Correct, quoting him for display of the issue. Other players who are Incorrectly telling that this QOL & Bug Issue is a desire or not a QOL/Bug is WRONG!, please Ignore and move onto our comments.

Thank You!

Legion

Edit 2: Alright, so I have got Screenshots of the rooms, to my experience however Cave Hideout & Mystical Hideout are Impossible to enter.

Penthouse Hideout: Key spots, that you re-log into, will glitch you into each room and you'll be forever stuck

Basement Hideout: If you re-log anywhere, you'll sometimes spawn on top, you are able to run across to see the other rooms!.

Moon-base Hideout: Smipely fly outside and look inside the glass domes, blast shield MUST be open in-order to see.

Links To Each Hideout listed and their rooms, if images vanish, please PM me and I can provide you them!

http://postimg.org/image/gx7hnh7tr/
    http://postimg.org/image/cyaa4nj6n/
    http://postimg.org/image/eelsmsm3j/
    http://postimg.org/image/glq1aprdr/
    http://postimg.org/image/jtuinrdnj/

Post edited by circleofpsi#4619 on
    Psi.
  • Options
    cryneting wrote: »
    stuff...

Well, sadly, these are not huge bugs or QOL issues. Hence why I've never tried to add it to my list, even if I could add them. This falls under wants and desires. personally, I would want more customization to hideouts as two rooms are of little concern to me in the grand scope of things when I would prefer to be able to set up the rooms I have the way I want to with furniture and maybe collectibles that I've gained in the world.

So in short, this isn't a bug. This is one of those things that sadly they didn't have the resources to work on, despite having plans for it, and when On Alert changed everything, those room ideas became useless basically.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    It would seem like Black Talon alert boss now possesses knocks & holds that do not stack resistance... In the last alert I ran I counted 25 times he knocked me and 7 times he held me, not a single time did I gain a stack of knock or hold resistance... additionally his knocks seemed to completely ignore my knock resistance... I'm certain this was not the case before as I remember his attacks stacking resistance in the past...
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options

stuff...

Well, sadly, these are not huge bugs or QOL issues. Hence why I've never tried to add it to my list, even if I could add them. This falls under wants and desires. personally, I would want more customization to hideouts as two rooms are of little concern to me in the grand scope of things when I would prefer to be able to set up the rooms I have the way I want to with furniture and maybe collectibles that I've gained in the world.

So in short, this isn't a bug. This is one of those things that sadly they didn't have the resources to work on, despite having plans for it, and when On Alert changed everything, those room ideas became useless basically.​​

Thats a great point, but I whuold rather it be a QOL issue, as meny do find this a huge issue and want this fixed period. And its just highly poor choice in development and quite frankly shows true laziness in the Devs and frankly this is highly unacceptable, and to it leave it un-finished, was a poor choice.

So, I whuold pefure, this to be both a QOL and Bug issue, as we can get stuck in there, too if we're not careful, for this not to be a QOL act or bug, then quite frankly this is just proving my points about PW.. Unacceptable.

Also, while this may be more of a desire, an't that what QOL is about, to give out, what players want and make the game better?, while fixing bugs?.

Im sorry, but if this is removed, from this QOL issue or is not addressed, then there is no point for this topic in any-way, sure they fix bugs, but I don;'t see a single QOL issue fixed and in the game.

Name me just one

Legion
    Psi.
  • Options
    So, I whuold pefure, this to be both a QOL and Bug issue, as we can get stuck in there, too if we're not careful, for this not to be a QOL act or bug, then quite frankly this is just proving my points about PW.. Unacceptable.

Except, it's not. People get stuck in there because of a glitch, but it's easily leavable thanks to the ability to leave instances on command. No one gets stuck in those areas permanently, and actually it doesn't prove a point about anything. While many may want to have those rooms open, it still isn't a bug. You can say it's unacceptable, but that's just simply truth. Just because a planned feature was never implemented because of one reason or another does not make it a bug no matter how much you kick or scream. It's just the nature of the business. If Cryptic revisits it at a later date then they do so, but to say it's unacceptable seems to ignore every game from MMO to single player, has features that were never finished or couldn't get working. Go look around YouTube for some of the locations that were never implemented in WoW.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Well, I never even dare to touch, then look at WoW, but I have heard terrible news from it, and if CO wants to follow WoW, then Devs, shuold just kill CO, too together.

Quite frankly, if they just don't hop to it and do their jobs, then I don't even understand why this topic even exists, I don't see one thing from there, that has been addressed and placed onto the PTS, at all.

DE, from Warframe is slowly being infected by PW, soon no MMO will be safe.

Edit: And look at that, crypticarkayne has not EVEN came back to replie yet, I think my case is proven.

I stand my case, this IS AN QOL ISSUE, PERIOD

CASE CLOSED!

If you can't agree, then this topic will derail into madness, and no QOL will ever happen.
    Psi.
  • Options
    Silverspar, by your own admission, there is a glitch with hideouts... wether or not there is a "work-a-round" available to players does not change the fact that there is an issue there. The QoL issue here isn't exactly that the hideouts are unfinished, but a result of them being unfinished... a fix as simple as enabling the doors would be sufficient to resolve te QoL issue their unfinished state has presented.

If every glitch or bug that has a "player accessable work-a-round" were to be ignored, then a large portion of the existing list wouldn't even be there. Ignoring an issue simply because you can work around it does not improve anything, and taking approaches like that have lead many games to ruin.
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    raighn wrote: »
    Silverspar, by your own admission, there is a glitch with hideouts... wether or not there is a "work-a-round" available to players does not change the fact that there is an issue there. The QoL issue here isn't exactly that the hideouts are unfinished, but a result of them being unfinished... a fix as simple as enabling the doors would be sufficient to resolve te QoL issue their unfinished state has presented.

If every glitch or bug that has a "player accessable work-a-round" were to be ignored, then a large portion of the existing list wouldn't even be there. Ignoring an issue simply because you can work around it does not improve anything, and taking approaches like that have lead many games to ruin.

Actually it requires several steps to perform the glitches and it's not always possible. In short you have to force the glitch to get it to work. Furthermore, the hideouts not being "finished" is not a QOL problem, as the additions were things that were planned but shelved. Whether they are ever finished or re-purposed is something else entirely.

In short, to glitch this you have to abuse latency, which the easiest way to abuse it is by logging in and out real fast. In short, going by the devs limited resources, unless they have got some to spare for things, the result would probably them just force respawning people at hideout entrances every time they reconnect to minimize if not prevent the latency people try to abuse.

So, just because there are rooms there that are going unused doesn't make it a bug. And actually I never claimed any such thing, so be sure to be less accusatory just because something you think would be cool (for all of five minutes) is a bug because it isn't and possibly won't ever be implemented. In the end it's neither a bug or QOL issue just because those rooms are not active, it's just a victim of game development and you will always find such things in games, whether MMO, single player or otherwise. Old artifacts that could never be implemented or finished due to one thing or another.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Except, it's not. People get stuck in there because of a glitch​​

You infact DID say that...

And as I clearly stated, the issue is a result of them being unfinished, not the fact that they are unfinished... they can remain unfinished and still have the issue resolved... sure they could force logins to occure outside of hideouts as a solution... but I still stand by my belief that simply enabling the doors would be a far easier solution.

Also, the glitch does NOT require actual effort on the players part to occur. The handful of times I've personally experianced it have been after the game crashed on me and I logged back in several minutes later. In a few instances I had spent nearly an hour just trying to get reconnected to the server. I'm not saying that people can't force it to happen the way you suggest, only that the glitch can and does occur without being forced. On one occation the game kept crashing on me when I tried to leave the instance and when I logged back in each time I was still stuck in the room.

I would love to see the rooms finished, but as far as I'm concerned when it comes to this topic, I just want to see them implement an actual solution to the glitch, be it forced relocation to outside the hideout on login or enabling/removing the doors as long as something happens to fix it. Furtharmore, I have specifically been talking about enabling the DOORS, not the rooms themselves... The rooms are not a priority to be completed, merely a desire, but the doors being enabled would provide a resolution to the glitch.

Also, I'd like to point out I am very deliberate with my choice of words, "A resolution" does not mean "THE resolution" I am well aware that there are more ways to fix it, I merely point out 1 possibility.
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    raighn wrote: »
    stuff..

Well, sorry, I didn't and sorry again, they aren't QOL or bug issues. It's a personal desire and want issue. You can claim it just means they are unfinished but the hideouts were sold as is with the potential for update in the future. Nothing more. Latency issues aside, which is what caused the problem, is not always in the hand of the developers as there are many things between client and server that can occur to cause a latency problem which can lead to glitches like this.

Anyways, this is getting off topic as this is a thread about bugs, QOL and graphical issues. Not a discussion. Take discussions else where. As this keeps me from keeping track of any real issues at hand.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Well, sorry, I didn't and sorry again, they aren't QOL or bug issues. It's a personal desire and want issue. You can claim it just means they are unfinished but the hideouts were sold as is with the potential for update in the future. Nothing more. Latency issues aside, which is what caused the problem, is not always in the hand of the developers as there are many things between client and server that can occur to cause a latency problem which can lead to glitches like this.​​

Which is precicely why it qualifies as a QoL issue... making a small adjustment to alevieate a minor problem that can't always be predicted. Does logging into a room you cannot escape without force leaving instance inconvieniance players? Yes? Implement a simple solution (open doors, force login outside, making the "leave current instance" button easier to locate)...

Honestly I'd accept putting the leave current instance button as a UI element as a solution to this problem... and that solution would satisfy a large number of QoL concerns that people have regarding instanced content... There have been times where I've sat in an alert instance after getting my reward for 15 minutes before the leave instance button appeared on the UI (sure I could have used the socrates menu to leave, but sometimes I answer PMs while waiting for the UI button to pop up)... I've even encountered times where the socretes menu button simply won't appear despite being completly out of combat... I'm sure both of these issues were a result of latancy issues as well... would you say that these too are not QoL issues? Latency creates a lot of issues with instanced content, so honestly providing some simple solutions to these issues (most commonly being stuck in the instance) should be considered QoL.
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,092 Cryptic Developer
    Please keep on topic. If you want to see the unused hideout room implemented, make a new thread in the suggestions forums asking so. This is not the place to discuss it.​​
  • Options
    The Nemesis missions "Hot Off The Wire" and "Doomsday Device!" are currently lvl 25 and 28 respectively instead of scaling up per level like other Nemesis missions.

Unlocking your Nemesis should be lowered to level 20. This allows players more time with the Nemesis system and also means greater chance of a created Nemesis in Alerts since access to Smash alerts is granted at lvl 20.

There are some players who literally don't know about zone travel and even some longtime players who forget the difference between the helicopter and the jet. At lvl 15, grant players a mission that points them to one of the contacts at the jet who then explains zone travel and the crisis zones.

-Sterga
  • Options
    This thread has been udpated. I've created two more parts, added another QOL section since the other one is too big to edit now thanks to the mucking around with forum rules tiger-5.gif but I've also added a Special Report section for things that are not just limited to something small, such as Champs not recognizing the graphics card from bluhman.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    This is the WARNING from this point forward, and the original post has been updated with this fact.

This thread is not for airing your personal grievances or start discussions on topics. If you want to discuss said topics, you will start your own thread in the proper forum. You will not attempt to call out or shame the developers or other players. The developers have final say on what is a bug, graphical glitch or quality of life issue, and I reserve the right to place anything on the list in the section I believe it fits into. There will be no discussion about it.

Any attempt from this point forward to start a discussion, argument or other forms of hostility, I will be asking moderators to remove from this point forward as they detract from the purpose of this thread. Start your own thread. Continued attempts to do so and I will put you on forum ignore and thus any actual bugs or reports you wish to have listed I will not see from that point forward. This is the WARNING.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    List updated with new bugs. The mission bug list is now too long so I had to move to the auxiliary post for these things.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    BUG:
    Grandfather winter gear- from the finkle foundry missions, is listed as grows with your level.
    IT has never scaled with your level but is locked at the level you get it.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2015
    chaelk wrote: »
    BUG:
    Grandfather winter gear- from the finkle foundry missions, is listed as grows with your level.
    IT has never scaled with your level but is locked at the level you get it.

That's already on the list.​, reported by you. No need to keep reporting it ;)​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    yes, sorry forgot I already reported it.​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    korrtakinkorrtakin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    BUG Tutorial Perk "We are champions". You couldn't speak to Kinetik because to many enemys spawn and to often. He jumps and runs away... FIX IT!!!! He's placed to near to the Bugship.
  • Options
    korrtakin wrote: »
    BUG Tutorial Perk "We are champions". You couldn't speak to Kinetik because to many enemys spawn and to often. He jumps and runs away... FIX IT!!!! He's placed to near to the Bugship.

The fix for this was implemented ages ago due to how the tutorial changed. All you need to do is talk to the Champions outside of the tutorial to be flagged for this perk now. So, when you meet Kinetik in Millennium City proper you should get this part of the perk.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    gogoginga1gogoginga1 Posts: 107 Arc User
    not entirely sure if this is the right spot to report this but here we go
    the flippin advantage on swnging usually adds a dodge buff when the travel power is active ..

except , now the bonus seems reduced quite a bit , also as my super stats on my character go up , the bonus gained actually goes down, i have tried this on several characters , having first removed any gear that give dodge bonuses
    the higher the dex of my character the smaller the bonus is given
    and giving the character more dex actually reduces the bonus , i understand dimminishing returns , but this is actually going in reverse
  • Options
    gogoginga1 wrote: »
    not entirely sure if this is the right spot to report this but here we go
    the flippin advantage on swnging usually adds a dodge buff when the travel power is active ..

except , now the bonus seems reduced quite a bit , also as my super stats on my character go up , the bonus gained actually goes down, i have tried this on several characters , having first removed any gear that give dodge bonuses
    the higher the dex of my character the smaller the bonus is given
    and giving the character more dex actually reduces the bonus , i understand dimminishing returns , but this is actually going in reverse

You will want to post this in @carrionbaggage thread here, Known Powers Bug. I am honestly unsure of what to tell you it doesn't sound like a bug but a natural response to diminishing returns if you have a passive effect that is also giving you dodge.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The flippin' advantage does seem to give rating points of dodge, though it's not clearly explained that that's what it's doing. There might be a QoL argument for fixing the tooltip.
  • Options
    gogoginga1gogoginga1 Posts: 107 Arc User
    i would have thought a diminishing returns would have topped out the effect and made it static not actualy reduced its base effect , it actually gets worse , i will repost in that thread
  • Options
    gogoginga1 wrote: »
    i would have thought a diminishing returns would have topped out the effect and made it static not actualy reduced its base effect , it actually gets worse , i will repost in that thread

It's often a common misconception of diminishing returns. Diminishing Returns start as soon as you put on your first stat point in an area. And the curve begins. The steepness of said curve always depends on the formula, but each point you put in always is being diminished in the end. So, in short, it doesn't go up evenly until you hit a certain number and just starts getting less and less, it's giving you less since the first item you put on, but if the formula is lenient you won't see this until much later, but if the formula is not lenient, you will see a severe drop in returns early.

But yes, this should probably be a QOL issue in this case.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    Some of the tips on loading screens are outdated. While it would be difficult to compile a comprehensive list since they show up randomly, at bare minimum, role info should be updated. The tips still mention the old role names (Avenger, Protector, etc) as opposed to Tank/Melee/Support/Range/Hybrid

-Sterga
  • Options
    Updated the main posts. @gogoginga1 please post the QOL concern in @carrionbaggage thread if you have not already. They are the ones taking care of power concerns and I am sure that they will be happy to update their thread about it.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    thyuberdudethyuberdude Posts: 22 Arc User
    QoL concern. Knock spam and how useless knock resistance stacks are. Is there any way we can either have the amount of knocks NPCs have reduced or toned down. Or improve knock resistance in some fashion. Or make it so that blocking = immunity to knocks. Either that or make it so that knocks don't = stuns. That's another OP part of the knock mechanic. It stuns you. And when you're knocked 2 or 3 times in a row from a group of mobs all throwing grenades, shooting rockets or firing shotguns. It gets old really fast. It's common to be knocked once or twice and not even register a knock resistance buff.

In fact it'd be great if the only entity that can knock are bosses and players. We're super heroes, not foot balls.

• Options
    @thyuberdude I believe this would be a powers issue and should be posted in their thread. However, to cover some concerns knock resistance isn't immunity and it's intended that there is a chance that you will even get pushed a little. I don't know the calculations but I am sure it is comparing their knock strength versus your knock resistance and I will agree some mob knocks are a bit high it seems.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Invocation of Kryptos device is usable outside Vibora Bay Apocalypse map where it is required to complete a mission, I have seen it used to grief newbies in both Millennium City and in Canada

This device should be limited to Vibora Bay Apocalypse Map only, alternatively the summoned demon should be set to only attack the summoner.​​
  • Options
    eiledoneiledon Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    Within VB Apocalypse All That Is Unholy mission, on Desecrated Church map, your two champion 'helpers' need to understand the concept of personal space, their follow distance appears to be set to 0 so they actually crowd you making it difficult to visually target mobs.​​
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    Missions/Items/NPCs.

Addendum to Abnormal Object Hitboxes: The sides of Freight Containers are sticky. Targets walking into the sides of these Freight Containers may slide around on them, but If a target is knocked into the sides of these containers, they will remain in the falling state, stuck on the container and unable to act. Sometimes using the /stuck command during this situation will not free the player.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• Options
    The Mission, Gear Up, can not be done while in a team. If you try to watch the videos the parts of the mission refuse to complete no matter how many times you do the mission. You can only do this mission when not in a team.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    At least since the update last Thursday (the 8th), game is occasionally sending massive packet dumps (saw 14.6 million packets on the last one) for no apparent reason. This causes ping to massively spike and SNRs to occur which can last several minutes (if not disconnect you) no matter how well your computer handles the packets. For reference, normal pack counts are generally <300, with occasional spikes as high as ~1500.

I can't seem to identify any reason for getting the packets dumped on me. Sometimes it happens when I'm just sitting and chatting. It's pretty clearly a game or server issue - there's no reason for such large packet dumps in the first place.
  • Options
    At least since the update last Thursday (the 8th), game is occasionally sending massive packet dumps (saw 14.6 million packets on the last one) for no apparent reason. This causes ping to massively spike and SNRs to occur which can last several minutes (if not disconnect you) no matter how well your computer handles the packets. For reference, normal pack counts are generally

This is networking, and I believe it's because of the DDoS attacks that have been going on, that hopefully yesterdays extended network maintenance was able to fix.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS