test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Compiled List of Bugs, Issues and QOL Concerns (Version 2.0)

Comments

• Options
    squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User

At least since the update last Thursday (the 8th), game is occasionally sending massive packet dumps (saw 14.6 million packets on the last one) for no apparent reason. This causes ping to massively spike and SNRs to occur which can last several minutes (if not disconnect you) no matter how well your computer handles the packets. For reference, normal pack counts are generally

This is networking, and I believe it's because of the DDoS attacks that have been going on, that hopefully yesterdays extended network maintenance was able to fix.​​

Did not fix.
  • Options
    riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    QOL ISSUE - Zone Level Gating.
    Zone Level Gating - I think the time has come to consider dropping the level gating from zones. Players don't even know these zones exist and they are rarely used. Allow all Zones to be accessed by players lvl 10 and up. Encouragement for more teaming and opens these Zones to host future events. So all events don't need to take place in Millennium City to be accessible.​​
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • Options
    championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    Bug

Footprints Aura when slotted into an active slot will now make constant noises like punching sounds when doing a normal walk or any animation not associated with a travel power. It's very annoying as it does it on every foot step.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    stellariodragonstellariodragon Posts: 588 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    J6VgkvU.png
    There's a floating crafting node on the rooftop of "Pianigiani" resturant in westside near the water tank.​​
  • Options
    J6VgkvU.png
    There's a floating crafting node on the rooftop of "Pianigiani" resturant in westside near the water tank.

That's not a crafting node, that's a quest objective, but, yea there is a lot of objects like these, too many to list and a lot of broken terrain assets, to be honest. I would honestly create a new thread for this to be honest, and I don't know if they have an environment artist that can go through and fix these.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    morigosamorigosa Posts: 710 Arc User
    Bug: We're still not always getting mission completion credit for the Cybermind alert.
    Bug: If you get disconnected during the Cybermind alert, you get put back in the outside-cyberspace room with Dr. Silverback and cannot get back into the alert proper.

Interesting new-to-me information: Ran with a group through this. Those of us who disconnected (and thus got stuck in the front room) got mission completion credit, but no rewards from the alert. Those of us who didn't disconnect and went through to defeat Cybermind got rewards from the alert, but no mission completion credit. Perhaps the alert just breaks when people disconnect?
  • Options
    morigosa wrote: »
    Bug: We're still not always getting mission completion credit for the Cybermind alert.
    Bug: If you get disconnected during the Cybermind alert, you get put back in the outside-cyberspace room with Dr. Silverback and cannot get back into the alert proper.

Interesting new-to-me information: Ran with a group through this. Those of us who disconnected (and thus got stuck in the front room) got mission completion credit, but no rewards from the alert. Those of us who didn't disconnect and went through to defeat Cybermind got rewards from the alert, but no mission completion credit. Perhaps the alert just breaks when people disconnect?

This is already in the Alerts thread, and is redundant to post here.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    glortorglortor Posts: 324 Arc User
    QoL Skipping the cutscenes of On Alert by hitting SPACE or something, please?
  • Options
    QoL Please increase quest log size.
  • Options
    QoL Please introduce a global, internal cooldown on Disables vs players like there is one on higher ranked monsters.
    Currently it is possible for a player to get knocked back while being knocked back while being stunned.
    There should be one disable per thirty seconds on a player, else there is no good reason why one should play a non-tanky build.
  • Options
    QoL an overall outlook of ideas regarding the progress and enjoyability of Archetypes.
    http://forum.arcgames.com/championsonline/discussion/1203367/suggestion-regarding-the-improvement-of-archetypes
  • Options
    QoL I wonder if it would be possible to grant accounts a retcon every so often. I realise that asking for one per account per month might be a bit too much, but it would be great since the game revolves around builds so much.

Another QoL I'd love is actual builds - alternate allocations of powers and stats one can switch between rather than tray swaps.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    QoL - Currency issues need looking at. (Bear with me, I've had a long day, trying to make sense)

Problems related to currency:

PROBLEM: We have too many forms of currency, few of which can be attained at a desirable rate in comparison to its demand. Especially G and Q are on a rather low income compared to how fast they are spent.

Currently it takes 540g to retcon a character IF the player is smart enough not to click "remove all" first. (That is about 135 alert runs, which doesn't seem terrible at first but it really is since alerts take long to come up even for a full team, so you can end up spending all your playtime for the day on just that.)
    If they do, the price goes up drastically. That's a bug in itself that needs looked at in my opinion.
    Then we have various other currencies known as recognition which are only retroactively exchangable (rarer to less rare) and are fairly tedious to get.

SUGGESTION1: Retcons are too costy for how common they are. It would be nice for the whole thing to cost less G, AND for us to be able to pick which power purchase we wish to remove / replace.

SUGGESTION2: In another game (not sure it's safe to mention other games on this board so I'll only do so if permitted) there is essentially one form of currency, called Platinum. You can trade items for it and you can buy it with real money as well. I'd like to suggest that looked at and taken into consideration because the questionite market is quite impossible at the moment.

SUGGESTION3: The introduction of dungeons based around the concept of Alerts and Lairs, but with greater attention to reward would help bringing the game up to par with other, currently more successful games which already reward their players better.

SUGGESTION4: In my opinion, everything that can be bought in the cash shop, should be lootable / craftable in game; the more expensive things should take ample effort however. That other game I mentioned does it very well.
    Post edited by glortor on
  • Options
    squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    glortor said:

QoL - Currency issues need looking at. (Bear with me, I've had a long day, trying to make sense)

Problems related to currency:

PROBLEM: We have too many forms of currency, few of which can be attained at a desirable rate in comparison to its demand. Especially G and Q are on a rather low income compared to how fast they are spent.

Currently it takes 540g to retcon a character IF the player is smart enough not to click "remove all" first. (That is about 135 alert runs, which doesn't seem terrible at first but it really is since alerts take long to come up even for a full team, so you can end up spending all your playtime for the day on just that.)
    If they do, the price goes up drastically. That's a bug in itself that needs looked at in my opinion.
    Then we have various other currencies known as recognition which are only retroactively exchangable (rarer to less rare) and are fairly tedious to get.

SUGGESTION1: Retcons are too costy for how common they are. It would be nice for the whole thing to cost less G, AND for us to be able to pick which power purchase we wish to remove / replace.

You're doing it wrong. Retcons aren't supposed to be common. I've used precisely one retcon across 12 level 40s aside from compulsory retcons and the free one when reaching level 40. Not one additional retcon per toon - one total. And that one was because of the recent cdr nerf.

Retcons are also one of the few money sinks in the game. Without them costing significant G, inflation would be out of control.

Start a new toon if you want a totally new build, or suck it up and pay the 540G.

I don't think you understand monetary economics. The more cash there is in circulation, the less a given amount of cash will buy. Fixed expenses like retcons obviously don't vary, but their value relative to other uses of that money does. And since playing the game creates G out of nowhere, that G has to go somewhere or the supply of G will skyrocket. If the total amount of G increases, the value of desirable items necessarily increases, because people will be willing to pay more for them. Hence, high retcon prices maintain the value of playing smash alerts and farming G in other ways. Because otherwise the amount of G you got for them would quickly become insignificant compared to the market prices of items.

Similarly, the rate of Q acquisition is fine. It's quite possible to farm any item in the q store within a month.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    More importantly, none of the things Glortor is talking about belongs in this thread.
  • Options
    Updated the list; anything covered by the other threads has been moved to better organize and the list has been streamlined.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Updated the list; anything covered by the other threads has been moved to better organize and the list has been streamlined.​​

Thank you!

Where would this one belong?

Issue: INNATE TALENTs exist in various shapes and forms but there are duplicates (Such as behemoth and devastator, they are the very same), and not all combinations are covered.
    Suggestion: Revision. In case of characters having duplicates, ensure either a retcon or that the appropriate allocation of variations apply even after the change.
  • Options
    Most of your suggestions are that, suggestions and should be in your own thread in the suggestions forums. Things that are working by design are not bugs or really QOL issues.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    [DemonChest of Recognition] does not unlock for all toons
  • Options
    deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    Not sure where this will fit in, but...

The Superjet in the Desert does not offer any transport whatsoever to Monster Island.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

• Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    deadman20 wrote: »
    Not sure where this will fit in, but...

The Superjet in the Desert does not offer any transport whatsoever to Monster Island.

On the same note, MI doesn't offer transport to the Desert... I find myself doing Unity Missions on a rotation of [Desert >> Canada >> MI >> Lemuria >> MC] as a result of this...​​
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    @deadman20 and @raign

That is already on the list.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Oke, sorry, moved to power bugs.
    Post edited by shiningdarkness#0716 on
    "In a horror story, there are only victims and monsters, and the trick is not to end up as either." A.Wake
  • Options
    @flippyflappy

Most of those are powers concerns which belong in the powers thread, with the exception of jacket bottoms which belongs in the costume thread.

Block animation to represent dodging is by design I know that much.

I seriously doubt they will make haymaker a 0.5 second tap again.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    rerrotrerrot Posts: 80 Arc User
    The perk of demonflame Black Eye (defeat to Luther Black) is good or with bug?
  • Options
    rerrot wrote: »
    The perk of demonflame Black Eye (defeat to Luther Black) is good or with bug?

Looks fine to me. What is the issue you are having with it?​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    It doesn't appear that perk in my character.
  • Options
    It's in Signature VIllains list and you only get it for defeating Luther Black at the end of Demonflame.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    Yes. But i have all the perks of demonflame less that.
  • Options
    Well.. i go now 1 run to demonflame for see if it continue with the bug of that perk.
  • Options
    Nothing, the perk "Black Eye" continue with bug.
  • Options
    The perk "Black Eye" need be fixed.
  • Options
    Other question, who of you have the localitation of the texts of the lore perk "Chapter and verse" of Therakiel's Temple? Because i see all less 1 of the chapter 5 (the 5-6-8) and (i think) only it's the text that never appear in the room of the vs with Vladic Dracul. Is it possible too with bug or the random appearance of that text is very low?
  • Options
    chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    QOL, as it's not actually a bug

Radiant AT:
    energy builder is the attack one from Grimoire,
    this means especially at lower levels, you'll be healing someone, run out of energy and suddenly be attacking someone.
    The healing energy builder would have been better, except then you have the problem of spam healing yourself when attacking .​​
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

• Options
    raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User
    chaelk wrote: »
    QOL, as it's not actually a bug

Radiant AT:
    energy builder is the attack one from Grimoire,
    this means especially at lower levels, you'll be healing someone, run out of energy and suddenly be attacking someone.
    The healing energy builder would have been better, except then you have the problem of spam healing yourself when attacking .

If I remember right, the decision to go with Eldritch Bolts was made due to the numerous issues with the dual nature of Celestial powers... it would have been better had they looked into improving the interactions with them but they didn't...​​
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • Options
    rerrot, you don't have to make new posts to update, mouse over the right top corner for the edit button and just add on the update to your problem.​​

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Bug:Mission: Lighting the way, Monster Island.
    Description states 9 torches, NPC says 9 torches. Mission count says 11.
    from doing it 11 is the correct one.
    http://i1315.photobucket.com/albums/t589/BarbaravdB/FLAMES_zpsvcuh3m0v.png
    (for some reason, linking it is chopping off most of the link)

also Rhinoplasty(just been doing it)
    when charged by White Rhino or Chimera, it doesn't matter if you have run away from your original point and are now 90 degrees off to the side and behind something. You will still be hit and take the damage, stun and loss of travel power.
    all mobs can see through stealth, as soon as you are in aggro range.
    White rhino will see and target you as soon as you enter the room, even if stealthed.​​
    Post edited by chaelk on

• Options
    amyjiaamyjia Posts: 242 Arc User
    Not sure if this would go here, but I did want to add the concerns dealing with the Hero Games to a list that the devs will be looking into to fix.

Bugs:
    1.There is a glitch when after a Hero Game instance pops, that you get removed from the instance and even when you try to reenter, you continue to be removed from the instance. (This seems to occur in the Hero Game zones where you are placed on a team automatically after entering: UTC lava temple, UTC high tech arena, UTC caged match, UTC king of the hill, Stronghold. BUT Bash and Zombie apocalypse seem to be uneffected. It also tends to happen when less than 10 people (two teams of 5 vs 5) have queued.
    Here is a video of this glitch in action. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WX721w9_JQ

2. In the Hero Game Stronghold Prison, on the hero's side and the villain's there are turrets that attack you, disable travel powers etc. They are supposed to be attackable and destroyable, but there is a glitch that after a while, the turrets become "immune" and are no longer destroyable for the rest of the match. This definitely needs a fix.

QoL:
    1. Pre OnAlert, the minimum requirement for team Hero Game queues(UTC lava temple, UTC high tech arena, UTC caged match, UTC king of the hill, Stronghold.) to pop used to be much lower. It should be possible to have 2 vs 2 matches in these games, so they should pop at 4 people queued. (2 on each team) After that, people can be added to the match by 2s (1 on each side) so the teams stay even. If someone queues on a team, they should have to wait till the appropriate amount of individuals/ teams queue to match their team. So in short, lower minimum requirement for team Hero Games to pop and balanced teams number wise.

2. After a Zombie Apocalypse instance has started, you should have a 50% change of entering as a survivor or a zombie. At first all newcomers entered as a survivor, but that wasn't fair for someone having a hard time as a zombie. Now we have it that all new comers enter as a zombie, which could not be fair if the survivors are already being road-stomped. The logical fix would be to make newcomers have a equal chance of entering the zone as a zombie or as a survivor. Either that or maybe alternate the newcomers. For example, if the last newcomer that enter was a zombie, the next newcomer will be a survivor. If this is put into place, it would also be nice if there was something added that once you become a zombie in a particular match, you are unable to try to return as a survivor in that match.

Suggestion:
    1. Would be nice if there was a questionite reward added to the Hero Games in someway. Maybe a questionite daily similar to that of the alert dailies or maybe winning a team Hero Game could reward a few questionite boxes similar to the Nemesis confrontation.

2. More rewards in general for acclaim would be nice. Gear, action figures, costumes, devices, etc.

3. More rotating map choices for UTC, BASH, and maybe even King of the Hill if possible.

4. More Hero Games added (Last one added was King of the Hill in 2011)

that's what I have for now. Thanks a lot!~
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    amyjia said:

Not sure if this would go here, but I did want to add the concerns dealing with the Hero Games to a list that the devs will be looking into to fix.

Bugs:
    1.There is a glitch when after a Hero Game instance pops, that you get removed from the instance and even when you try to reenter, you continue to be removed from the instance. (This seems to occur in the Hero Game zones where you are placed on a team automatically after entering: UTC lava temple, UTC high tech arena, UTC caged match, UTC king of the hill, Stronghold. BUT Bash and Zombie apocalypse seem to be uneffected. It also tends to happen when less than 10 people (two teams of 5 vs 5) have queued.
    Here is a video of this glitch in action. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WX721w9_JQ

2. In the Hero Game Stronghold Prison, on the hero's side and the villain's there are turrets that attack you, disable travel powers etc. They are supposed to be attackable and destroyable, but there is a glitch that after a while, the turrets become "immune" and are no longer destroyable for the rest of the match. This definitely needs a fix.

QoL:
    1. Pre OnAlert, the minimum requirement for team Hero Game queues(UTC lava temple, UTC high tech arena, UTC caged match, UTC king of the hill, Stronghold.) to pop used to be much lower. It should be possible to have 2 vs 2 matches in these games, so they should pop at 4 people queued. (2 on each team) After that, people can be added to the match by 2s (1 on each side) so the teams stay even. If someone queues on a team, they should have to wait till the appropriate amount of individuals/ teams queue to match their team. So in short, lower minimum requirement for team Hero Games to pop and balanced teams number wise.

2. After a Zombie Apocalypse instance has started, you should have a 50% change of entering as a survivor or a zombie. At first all newcomers entered as a survivor, but that wasn't fair for someone having a hard time as a zombie. Now we have it that all new comers enter as a zombie, which could not be fair if the survivors are already being road-stomped. The logical fix would be to make newcomers have a equal chance of entering the zone as a zombie or as a survivor. Either that or maybe alternate the newcomers. For example, if the last newcomer that enter was a zombie, the next newcomer will be a survivor. If this is put into place, it would also be nice if there was something added that once you become a zombie in a particular match, you are unable to try to return as a survivor in that match.

Suggestion:
    1. Would be nice if there was a questionite reward added to the Hero Games in someway. Maybe a questionite daily similar to that of the alert dailies or maybe winning a team Hero Game could reward a few questionite boxes similar to the Nemesis confrontation.

2. More rewards in general for acclaim would be nice. Gear, action figures, costumes, devices, etc.

3. More rotating map choices for UTC, BASH, and maybe even King of the Hill if possible.

4. More Hero Games added (Last one added was King of the Hill in 2011)

that's what I have for now. Thanks a lot!~

WOW YES TO THIS ENTIRE POST!!!
  • Options
    kamokami wrote: »
    WOW YES TO THIS ENTIRE POST!!!

Most of them are already on the bug list, so ok. fox-17.gif​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    edited November 2015

Most of them are already on the bug list, so ok. fox-17.gif​​

When I looked at the posted bugs and such, I did a quick scan of the page, then I did a search of the page for "Hero Game" and found nothing, so I made my above post about Hero Game concerns. After your above post, I searched again more specifically and found these two things quoted below. The Turret one is one I mentioned also as a bug and the team one may also correlate with the other thing I posted and labeled as a bug. They are just expressed/explained differently.

If you are in a team of less than five people and try to enter into a Rampage or PvP map with a group larger than five, you will automatically be kicked from the team and the map.
    Turrets in the PvP stronghold map randomly turn invincible, with no warning and no discernible way to prevent the immunity (most likely related to the CC bug with Cybermind).
    ​​

I did not see either of the things I labeled as QoL changes to the Hero Games, nor did I see any of the 4 things I labeled as suggestions, so unless I am missing them again, most of what I posted was not on the list.

• Options
    While you might consider it otherwise, I didn't include the rest because those are suggestions for changes, not so much QOL concerns. Adding questionite rewards, new gear and action figures, changing the map rotation and of course new maps is more of a suggestion for major changes.

The other two, I am considering if they fall under actual QOL or changes that should be presented in their own suggestion thread.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options

While you might consider it otherwise, I didn't include the rest because those are suggestions for changes, not so much QOL concerns. Adding questionite rewards, new gear and action figures, changing the map rotation and of course new maps is more of a suggestion for major changes.

How could I consider it otherwise when I labeled the last 4 things specifically as suggestions? I separated the things into QoL and suggestions myself, so I gave you an out. Yay me. Anyways, you already have at least one suggestion on the list (even if it isn't labeled as such) dealing specifically with a questionite reward.

•Only two of the bosses in Therakiel's Temple give Questionite reward boxes. They should all give Questionite reward boxes.

Quality of Life issues are suggestions. I separated the things to convey degree of urgency or importance (in my opinion), but I see now I should have just used numbers.

The other two, I am considering if they fall under actual QOL or changes that should be presented in their own suggestion thread.​​

Even if you have negative feelings about the Hero Games yourself, they should not get in the way of you adding issues about them that are brought to your attention here. I did pretty much copy and paste a few of the concerns from posts I made years ago, so can always bump those or just post them in their own thread as you suggested if you do decide to be extra salty.

• Options
    you might also want to hunt the thread, think Taco did it. They worked with people queueing groups and solo and worked out what was causing people to be booted. It was posted in general discussion.​​

• Options
    aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    CO can lock down your mouse cursor to the center of the screen during cutscenes.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    If you enter a cut scene with 'mouse look' toggled to true, your mouse is inaccessible during the cut scene (thus preventing doing useful things such as browsing the internet while Stone rants and we run in slo-mo).
  • Options
    Teleiosaurus pheremones is a serial summons. Every other Legacy device- summon one group, for a set time, then they vanish and device goes to cooldown. it should be made the same as the others.
    Powers summons- one group, they die or time out, you have to resummon.​​

• Options
    aiqa wrote: »
    CO can lock down your mouse cursor to the center of the screen during cutscenes.
    If you enter a cut scene with 'mouse look' toggled to true, your mouse is inaccessible during the cut scene (thus preventing doing useful things such as browsing the internet while Stone rants and we run in slo-mo).

This is on the list, it's in the extended QOL section, first one from @bluhman in fact.
    chaelk wrote: »
    Teleiosaurus pheremones is a serial summons. Every other Legacy device- summon one group, for a set time, then they vanish and device goes to cooldown. it should be made the same as the others.
    Powers summons- one group, they die or time out, you have to resummon.

This is not a bug, this is a change request, and as such should go into the suggestion forums.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • Options
    luesatchmo402luesatchmo402 Posts: 70 Arc User
    QOL: Add a key we can hold down to skip the Stack dialogue when moving items into/out of the bank

It's very tedious having to manually confirm that I want to move the entire stack of mods/boxes/whatever when I right/double click on them in my inventory. If I could, for example, assign the shift/alt/ctrl key so that when it is pressed, it knows that I intend to move the entire stack and won't ask me how many of the items I want to move, that would be very useful. I could simply hold down that key and right click all of the stacks and they wouldn't prompt me every single time as I'm moving them to the bank. Please consider looking into an option such as this, if it is possible.
    two lines of plain text
    the best kind of signature
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    AUCTION HOUSE:
    - For the Quality pull down option, make a GOLD Rarity option.
    _ Increase the AH search to 600 or 800.
    - Add a Tab for Auras