test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Compiled List of Bugs, Issues and QOL Concerns (Version 2.0)

Comments

• championshewolfchampionshewolf Posts: 4,375 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    The following are being removed from the list as they are either fixed or have been fixed on the current PTR build;
    • Footprints Aura when slotted into an active slot will now make constant noises like punching sounds when doing a normal walk or any animation not associated with a travel power. It's very annoying as it does it on every foot step. (Silverspar) (Removed 26 February, 2016)
    • Chill, Clinging Flames, Negative Ions, Poison, Bleed and other Debuffs and DoTs on Black Harbinger, cause Huge Frame rate issues due to the size of the Boss. (Removed 26 February, 2016)

As a side note, all the crafting instances are back.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • seeker1235seeker1235 Posts: 64 Arc User
    So I see we'd rather just leave a bug unreported than spend 5 minutes confirming it. Got it. I won't make the mistake of reporting bugs here again.
  • raighnraighn Posts: 2,339 Arc User

So I see we'd rather just leave a bug unreported than spend 5 minutes confirming it. Got it. I won't make the mistake of reporting bugs here again.

it's not that simple... many of us who read the boards have all of the nemesis minion kill achievements already, so testing it for confirmation is not possible for many of us for that particular issue... additionally there are more important bugs that need to be fixed than an achievement not tracking properly.
    ^-^ cute, cuddly, @Pandabutt ^-^
    jniKqKJ.png
  • thecegorachthecegorach Posts: 60 Arc User
    QoL - A 'convert all' button for converting/downgrading recognition tokens. Wife wanted to convert 1000 of one type of recognition to another the other day, and (apparently) had to do so one token at a time.

QoL - a price filter on the AH, so I can set a price range.

QoL - a preview button in-game for costume pieces, as most other MMOs have by now.

QoL - a filter on AH to show only costume pieces not already unlocked
  • here's one that slipped through the TA update cracks - serpent lantern is still rewarding its old amount of 2K questionite instead of the new amount of 5K every other comic series and adventure pack rewards​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    here's one that slipped through the TA update cracks - serpent lantern is still rewarding its old amount of 2K questionite instead of the new amount of 5K every other comic series and adventure pack rewards

That might be because it's bugged on teams.​​
    Champions Online player since September of 2008, forumite since February of 2008.
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited March 2016
    raighn said:

it's not that simple... many of us who read the boards have all of the nemesis minion kill achievements already, so testing it for confirmation is not possible for many of us for that particular issue... additionally there are more important bugs that need to be fixed than an achievement not tracking properly.
    As Silverspar pointed out, she doesn't have nemesises on a lot of her alts. So it'd be as simple as generating a random one, then getting an ambush to spawn - or sit through the cutscene for the museum mission.

Or, and I know this is shocking - since apparently it's a such GIANT ordeal for anyone to confirm something so simple, you could just take the word of someone who's been playing since open beta.

As to its importance, its importance shouldn't really be a factor on simply getting it on the list of bugs.

I don't know why I'm wasting my time even bothering to try to discuss this, though. Y'all've made it abundantly clear that bugs don't matter and that this is the wrong place to report them. So I won't report any I encounter. Message received. Game's dying anyway - and it's no wonder, when devs point players to threads like this, that give this kind of reception to reporting bugs.
    edited March 2016
    seeker1235 wrote: »

As Silverspar pointed out, she doesn't have nemesises on a lot of her alts. So it'd be as simple as generating a random one, then getting an ambush to spawn - or sit through the cutscene for the museum mission.

Or, and I know this is shocking - since apparently it's a such GIANT ordeal for anyone to confirm something so simple, you could just take the word of someone who's been playing since open beta.

As to its importance, its importance shouldn't really be a factor on simply getting it on the list of bugs.

I don't know why I'm wasting my time even bothering to try to discuss this, though. Y'all've made it abundantly clear that bugs don't matter and that this is the wrong place to report them. So I won't report any I encounter. Message received. Game's dying anyway - and it's no wonder, when devs point players to threads like this, that give this kind of reception to reporting bugs.

Actually seeker, I've been a bit busy, and little temper tantrums like this make me blow you off even more. Being a blowhard about your credentials makes me less inclined to bother to, especially when I do have other stuff I am working on. My life is not Champions, and I do this as volunteer stuff to collect bugs, I am not paid to do it. Now, check your attitude at the door.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • here's one that slipped through the TA update cracks - serpent lantern is still rewarding its old amount of 2K questionite instead of the new amount of 5K every other comic series and adventure pack rewards

That might be because it's bugged on teams.

what's that got to do with the rewards not matching the other AP/CS? i wasn't on any team at the time​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    what's that got to do with the rewards not matching the other AP/CS? i wasn't on any team at the time

Because if you go with a team you can get a crap ton of questionite. Basically each team member gets a box for everyone on the team,s o full team of 5 each boss, practically, gives you five boxes of questionite. So in essence you can get 5,000 questionite on a team of 5 after the first 3 bosses in the run, and considering the boxes can go to 1500, it's very likely you will get more.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • oh...well that would be a nice bug to take advantage of if i actually had 4 friends to take along​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
    Ive been having a chat issue. It affects me both in Champs and STO. I noticed chat has been inactive for a long while now (near 6 months I would guess) I just figured no one was talking anymore, and it wasnt until my sister told me the zone and local chats where both being used always, yet even while she said she could read them I couldnt. I checked my permissions, my zone and local buttons where clicked to be available, but I can only see chat from people who are on my friends list or super group...fleet in STO. Same chat issue for both games. Other players run up to me, and try to interact, but not even the emote registers when they try and interact with me. Is this a bug or some sort of block/8ball on me??

It would be great to have it fixed or lifted, I enjoy playing both games...Ive spent a lot of both games, but Im not going to again until this is fixed. This isnt said in anger, this is just business. I cant get a response from STO on it I just have this feeling that if its not a bug it might have been done in anger against me, so any help you guys in Champs could provide would be great. -Cat =^.^=

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
    Double check your chat settings in your chat tabs, make sure you do not have zone and local chats checked off. This can be done by right clicking your primary chat tab. you may have accidentally disabled them without realizing it.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • rerrotrerrot Posts: 80 Arc User
    Possible bug: I have the mission "subzero servant" (mission of canada in crisis) completed but in the SCR vendor the device (Totemic Helm) of that mission is in black.
    rerrot wrote: »
    Possible bug: I have the mission "subzero servant" (mission of canada in crisis) completed but in the SCR vendor the device (Totemic Helm) of that mission is in black.

Do you mean the icon or the background part of the item? If you mean the background that means you don't have enough SCR to purchase said device. If you mean the item, then this will need further investigation.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    I have 350 SCR for buy the item but it's in black the background part of the item.
    rerrot wrote: »
    I have 350 SCR for buy the item but it's in black the background part of the item.

If you have 350 exactly it's weird system try to get more than 350.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    Yes. The others devices are in blue for buy less that (Totemic helm). But it put: must complete mission Sub-zero servant.....
    Subzero servant .... Sub-zero servant.....
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    If you have 350 exactly it's weird system try to get more than 350.​​
    Its a confirmed bug, the Vendor has a Big Typo on the perk requirement which makes the Item Unobtainable

Made a Thread about it
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    Well... other thing... why lemuria crisis is in nemcon mode (full team) for the "Ready"?
    edited March 2016

Actually seeker, I've been a bit busy, and little temper tantrums like this make me blow you off even more. Being a blowhard about your credentials makes me less inclined to bother to, especially when I do have other stuff I am working on. My life is not Champions, and I do this as volunteer stuff to collect bugs, I am not paid to do it. Now, check your attitude at the door.​​

Yeah, don't test it or add it to the list or anything. I don't even care anymore. I'd already chalked it up to not ever happening, so wagging your finger at me and talking about how you're going to continue to ignore it doesn't bother me. You're just threatening to do what I already figured you were doing.
    seeker1235 wrote: »
    Yeah, don't test it or add it to the list or anything. I don't even care anymore. I'd already chalked it up to not ever happening, so wagging your finger at me and talking about how you're going to continue to ignore it doesn't bother me. You're just threatening to do what I already figured you were doing.

Yea, shame then it was added to the list. But the only person that is causing your problem is you seeker. So take your blowhard attitude elsewhere. I'm sorry you mistakenly believe I am your indentured servant, and that I have to drop everything to check out your claim right away.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited March 2016

Double check your chat settings in your chat tabs, make sure you do not have zone and local chats checked off. This can be done by right clicking your primary chat tab. you may have accidentally disabled them without realizing it.​​

As far as I can tell, my settings are all correct. Maybe you can find something Im overlooking in this video of me trying to communicate with other players. 2:40
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa9xGKkWjfE
    ...feel like Im in that movie Ghost. 'Who killed me?" =T.T=

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
    Hrmm, without being able to comb through any of your various settings to see what might possibly be the culprit, I couldn't begin to tell you what is going on there. In that instance, you might want to try and get a hold of live support, because that seems to be a deeper issue. Maybe try cleaning out your ignore and spam list, as a possibility, but beyond that, this looks like you need to get a hold of GM or customer support to resolve.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited March 2016

Hrmm, without being able to comb through any of your various settings to see what might possibly be the culprit, I couldn't begin to tell you what is going on there. In that instance, you might want to try and get a hold of live support, because that seems to be a deeper issue. Maybe try cleaning out your ignore and spam list, as a possibility, but beyond that, this looks like you need to get a hold of GM or customer support to resolve.​​

Customer support never gets back to me, GMs tell me to contact customer support or report a bug, they dont get back to you ether. lol =@.@=

The only ones i have on ignore are on STO (gold sellers) I guess I could try live support, but the minute I tell them who i am they may hang up on me. Ive been told some of the Cryptic staff hate me with a passion, I was banned from the STO forums for saying orion women should be green on a thread about that subject.....so yeah, maybe Im swept under the rug... :/

Thx for your time shewolf.

I'd find it hard that they would have a personal hit list out for you unless you've made yourself beyond obnoxious. That being said, best answer i can give is to comb through your settings and double, triple check everything. If all else fails, possibly deleting your settings which means you would have to reset everything again to how you like it. It's just weird to me because I've never seen it.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS

I'd find it hard that they would have a personal hit list out for you unless you've made yourself beyond obnoxious. That being said, best answer i can give is to comb through your settings and double, triple check everything. If all else fails, possibly deleting your settings which means you would have to reset everything again to how you like it. It's just weird to me because I've never seen it.​​

Hmm, Trendy only got onto me once for something, when I mentioned (a certain historical german leader) while quoting Captain Kirks discussion at the dinner in that one Trek movie during a discussion about Star Trek. Other then that, nothing, until we where told about the banning for the orion thread. But That was in STO, surely an issue there wouldnt follow me to Champs too..

But something else i didnt think of; I dont use ARC or Steam. I have cd-rom discs with independent launchers for both games. Would not using ARC or Steam have anything to do with it? I erased both games then reinstalled them again, that didnt work ether. I tried default settings too...hmm

No, because there are people that don't use arc or steam, due to tinfoil hat syndrome, and have no issues that I am aware of.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    edited March 2016

No, because there are people that don't use arc or steam, due to tinfoil hat syndrome, and have no issues that I am aware of.​​

lol, I have my reasons....

But jokes aside, i really could use a dev's assistance to fix this. Im trying to think of any possible reason, i know coding can have bugs and anomalies so i figure the people do that stuff behind the scenes would be able to identify the issue with what evidence ive provided to give them a clue into what to look at in their system.

https://plus.google.com/105090897361073150193/posts/HLRUTrtq3uM
    Post edited by catstarsto on

• crypticbuxomcrypticbuxom Posts: 4,589 Arc User
    During an OV fight, while not in the fight or tagged to take damage.

"Crimson Wing deals 1805 (3310) Particle Damage to you with Tempest Ricochet."

That was from a player attacking the OV.​​

That was from a player attacking the OV.

this should probably either be placed in the OV thread or the power thread. Sounds like the power once it struck the OV flags to strike other players. I dunno I don't see the code, but yea, the powers thread or the OVs bug thread is where this belongs.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited March 2016

That was from a player attacking the OV.

Oh hey, this is familiar, I got hit by a similar thing during the first days of OSV launch! It ruined my Shadow Strike attack! but it was Fire/Flame Ricochet i think
    I assumed its some old pre-alert power replacement. . .?​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    The "rock mountain back" exist? Because i unlocked the set of the mountain costume for that part today and i don't see that part in the tailor.
    Ok, the rock mountain back are the rock mountain feet.... good with the description guys. -.-

Customer support never gets back to me, GMs tell me to contact customer support or report a bug, they dont get back to you ether. lol =@.@=

Update:
    https://plus.google.com/105090897361073150193/posts/HLRUTrtq3uM

Staying optimistic! =^.^=

edited March 2016
    Again I doubt there is an intentional block on your chatting. it's most likely a setting on your end. Furthermore, this is not the thread for airing your grievances. Please refrain from posting that stuff, as it detracts from the real intent of this thread.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS

Again I doubt there is an intentional block on your chatting. it's most likely a setting on your end. Furthermore, this is not the thread for airing your grievances. Please refrain from posting that stuff, as it detracts from the real intent of this thread.​​

Again miss, its an issue Im trying to get resolved, I was showing my progress on the matter. i thought an update to show I was contacted would convey I am actively trying to do all I can to see this fixed, and now they are too...the link also mentioned that if it turned out to be a bug that i would publicly apologies to cryptic. So Im not actually doing this in anger, just a customer using this thread to its intended benefit to resolve a crippling real issue that affects my game.

But when people bring up bugs and ask for help, they should also show that the company is getting involved in dealing with these issues. I felt communication about this was just as important for us as it is for them, good PR is their responsibility but to be fair, being a patient customer is just as much ours. So again, "Staying Optimistic."

http://www.perfectworld.com/about-corp

edited March 2016

UPDATE:
    Ok, they got back to me again and shared these commands with me;

/whitelist_chat 0 and /whitelist_Tells 0

They worked! Im not sure how my chat got switched off like that O.o but, Perfect World did give me a fix command for it. Thank you PWE.

• squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    So, I had a lengthy discussion with customer support about this, and they've decided its a game bug and they can't do anything.

If you are a legacy crafter who crafted and equipped any of the Crafted Travel Powers, they were supposed to unlock the respective legacy travel powers. And maybe they did when On Alert went live. But for those people who took an extended break and then came back, the devices have not unlocked the legacy travel powers, but instead unlock the thematically similar q-store powers. (These are not the same graphically, obviously).

Bug reported through the game interface after my conversation with customer support, but it should probably be on this list too. I can provide screenshots if necessary, and can probably dig up the customer support incident number.
    edited March 2016
    @squirrelloid That should probably go under the powers thread since they handle powers bugs, and I can't remember if it was a limited time thing to claim the legacy travel powers or not. I think it was, but I am not sure.

Anyways, new graphical bug, but ice materials used on costumes become completely transparent in Pyramid Power when you have the Pyramid Buff.

Buggy%20Ice_zpsqqgxopgw.png​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited March 2017

Anyways, new graphical bug, but ice materials used on costumes become completely transparent in Pyramid Power when you have the Pyramid Buff.
    ​​

Certain Aura effects get overwritten with the buff, like Ice Form chill effect it places on your skin.

Added 6/3/2017 - The muzzle flashes on Dual Pistols point upward for some reason instead of the direction the weapon is pointed.

Post edited by rtma on
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    When using a tunneling power that plays above ground animation, like Ooze or Scarab, character wings will appear and flap when you "jump" while tunneling.

Meh

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
    When sending SG mail, you get one mail per character you have in the SG making this very tedious. Can this be changed that it only sends to one account not every character in the SG because if you have a lot of characters, your mail gets bloated real fast on a guild wide mail.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • ayala725ayala725 Posts: 18 Arc User
    The Canada Open Mission "Undead on Arrival" does not allow itself to progress past the first stage. There are some dark tethers that that do not disappear with the destruction of its Totem, even though the Totem is counted as being destroyed in the mission tracker. As a result, Rictus' shield never goes down when his timer begins at 15:00 left to defeat him.

It is a reoccuring issue that I have been able to replicate solo and with a friend (she also has the same issue with the shield not dropping from Rictus after destroying the 10 Totems).

As Youthful As Life Allows.

edited April 2016
    The following are being removed because they are either fixed on live or being fixed on Test;
    • Action Figurines disappear when you are getting held.
    • Invocation of Kryptos device is usable outside Vibora Bay Apocalypse map where it is required to complete a mission, I have seen it used to grief newbies in both Millennium City and in Canada. This device should be limited to Vibora Bay Apocalypse Map only, alternatively the summoned demon should be set to only attack the summoner. (eilodon)
    • Grandfather Winter gear is suppose to scale with level much like heirloom and questionite gear, however it does not. When gained it is the level it dropped at for the owner and remains that level instead of continuing to rise in level with the current character. (chaelk)
    ​​
    Post edited by championshewolf on
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
    ayala725 wrote: »
    The Canada Open Mission "Undead on Arrival" does not allow itself to progress past the first stage. There are some dark tethers that that do not disappear with the destruction of its Totem, even though the Totem is counted as being destroyed in the mission tracker. As a result, Rictus' shield never goes down when his timer begins at 15:00 left to defeat him.

It is a reoccuring issue that I have been able to replicate solo and with a friend (she also has the same issue with the shield not dropping from Rictus after destroying the 10 Totems).

I just did this to test this open mission, and I completed it just fine. So what you might have experienced is a fluke. Just be aware the totems respawn and come back every third of Rictus health so you have to destroy them again.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • halm6#6575 halm6 Posts: 1 Arc User
    I cannot open the HD6.jar file even with latest Java.
    Jason Walters [midianranch@gmail.com] suggested “I would try taking this question to the Hero Forums where Dan Simon, the creator of Hero Designer, lurks and watches for such things.”
    Can this Dan Simon help me open my Champions program?
    Thank you – Hal (halm6#6575)
  • xrazamaxxrazamax Posts: 979 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Mission: Delivery of the Dead
    Where: Vibora Bay (The Queen City), Acquired by Black Mask
    Bug: You need to destroy 15 zombies to complete the mission. "Specious Crates" are supposed to spawn these zombies when you destroy them. However, the crates rarely spawn these zombies when destroyed. You can destroy sometimes 20 crates without a single zombie appearing.

*Maybe anecdotal: This problem primary happens when you use your Energy Builder or pbAoE to destroy the crates.
    edited April 2016
    halm6#6575 wrote: »
    I cannot open the HD6.jar file even with latest Java.
    Jason Walters [midianranch@gmail.com] suggested “I would try taking this question to the Hero Forums where Dan Simon, the creator of Hero Designer, lurks and watches for such things.”
    Can this Dan Simon help me open my Champions program?
    Thank you – Hal (halm6#6575)

Hero Designer is for the PnP, and as such has no relation to Champions Online. To get this resolved, you will need to visit the http://www.herogames.com/index.html website and hopefully they will be able to answer your issues.
    xrazamax wrote: »
    Mission: Delivery of the Dead
    Where: Vibora Bay (The Queen City), Acquired by Black Mask
    Bug: You need to destroy 15 zombies to complete the mission. "Specious Crates" are supposed to spawn these zombies when you destroy them. However, the crates rarely spawn these zombies when destroyed. You can destroy sometimes 20 crates without a single zombie appearing.

*Maybe anecdotal: This problem primary happens when you use your Energy Builder or pbAoE to destroy the crates.

This will most likely be in a QOL thing as it's not broken or unable to be completed (I know having done it over a dozen times the past few weeks >_>) but I do know what you are talking about.​​
    Silverspar on PRIMUS
  • notyuunotyuu Posts: 1,121 Arc User
    QOL concern: the green rec vendor devices are flagged unique, meaning you can only carry one at a time, and given their temporary nature, this is extremely annoying/limiting to say the least, I suggest that you eaither give the option for a permant version at..like 100 times the price or get rid of the unique tag on them.
    In all things, a calm heart must prevail.

Member of Paragon Dawn: Because some people like friendly helpful communities.

eOGi6Cv.png9rfvawn.pngr3iD4nS.png

Yeah some things are broken... no I don't use/abuse them.. where would be the fun in that?