Nda
  • Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    no, esp because of the CE...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yes to the death penalty, maybe some sort of item decay that needs to be repaired at a certain point or become unusable till you do. But NO in PVP action
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yes, and I have to add more text because The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yes, some Death penalty is definately needed!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    No to death penalty.

I do, however, want content that you can fail.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I say no to a dp and focus on content rather than penalties....

More content = alot more people happy

A DP at this point would hurt the game more than helping. Just because us Rear Admirals can survive a space encounter TRIBBLE doesn't mean everyone can. Alot of new players would get hurt more and would be more likely to get mad and quit with the numerous encounter TRIBBLE and massive xp debts they could quickly build up.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Please, NO death penalty.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    No DP...Ever. Its lame. You want hard? Go find an EQ1 Classic server....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    drgenocide wrote: »
    2) I also know the information does not reflect the majority opinion of all players. However, it will reflect the majority opinion of those who frequent the forums. And the collection of this data will provide an interesting insight into this groups opinion of DP.

Actually it doesnt even do that. It is a measure of those who visited this particular subforum, were interested enough in the issue to read your thread, and passionate enough to take the time to respond.

Given all that its less a poll and more a method for those incensed at cryptic's already made decesion to implement a death penalty a chance to vent. This poll has about as much validity as a MSNBC or FOXNEWS online poll on Presidential approval. That is, none at all.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    No DP please
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Do I wish a dp not really will I live with one yes. The poster above me is right this poll will change nothing.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    no not in the least
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    No but this poll wont accomplish anything since its non official
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Scay wrote:
    Also the anti DPler are a lot more active than the pro DPler, cause the pro DPler know that Cryptic is working on implementing a harsher DP and thus dont need to argue to get their will.

Odd, the forum has been flooded with DP threads for some time....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Present... I mean... depends on what the DP is.

Id rather the game be left as is, but if the vocal minority wins and gets one put in, then I would like it to be something that doesnt require a time-sink of traveling... especially since you can only transwarp to Earth... maybe if there wasnt a ton of zoning I wouldnt care; wows DP only annoyed me when I respawned really close to the place I was.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The sort of DP this game needs is a episode/stage/instance reset on death that way there is no loss of xp, no loss of credits and no time sink to go and repair, in fact it would mean MORE game play, MORE loot/credits and more xp for losing a fight cos you would need to repeat it while also forcing a increase in the skill level to complete mission.

So YAY everybody benifits.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yes.

10char
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Scay wrote:
    Yeah everyone thinks his opinion is important, but its not. I think its more like:

1. Game reviewers
    2. Other press
    2. Own developers
    3. Own staff
    4. Other developers
    5. Friends
    6. Family
    7. Professional players
    8. Rest of Community

Yup, however they keep playing whatever you do. As long as the core community is around, the casuals are around as well.

It's like in a guild... there are core guild member, and as long as they are in the guild all the other members may come and go, but the guild always is fun and successful. As soon as one or two of the core members leave, the guild will fall apart, whatever you do.

As long as all the print magazines tell the casuals STO is the greatest game of all times, there will be so many subscribers that Cryptic will need a new safe to store the money. But if the reviewers say STO sucks TRIBBLE, guess what.... they all leave.

Casuals are like sheep. Their friends go, they go.

Hmmm . . . I may be more hardcore than I thought. Still, I'm not one of the elite, I admit that fully. I'm an above average player, but I'm not a fantastic player. I can play some of the hardest games of all time, but they were all turn based. Real-time games are more difficult for me because I have naturally poor reflexes due to nerve damage in my hand and other reasons I won't go into publicly.

I just want a fun gaming experience, but by the definition you laid out, I'm a hardcore player. I never follow trends. I stopped playing World of Warcraft when I completed everything I thought I could complete and wanted to complete (Naxxramas and Malygos to be specific). Most of my friends stayed. Then I found out about this game, and I'm a Trekkie, not hardcore (I haven't watched most of the original series, and I didn't see five of the first six movies, and I never watched Deep Space Nine or Enterprise). My Trekkie experience is mostly the Next Generation, and Voyager until they switched channels to one I didn't get.

Well I'm rambling. Needless to say, I love this game, and I love it how it is for the most part. Sure, it may be a tad easy, but that's okay because I'm enjoying the storyline. I wish there were more branches going out across all levels, but that's for future content I guess.

I just wanna preserve the status quo more because I'm afraid of them going too far in the opposite direction and making the game unplayable. Cryptic has already shown that it goes to extremes when they make a change (Crystalline Entity proves that), and I'd hate for a death penalty involve replacing ships or losing bridge officers. I can guarantee I and most others would quit if that happened. That's what I'm afraid of, though. I'm afraid of them going too far in the opposite direction. Same with difficulty. I'd hate for them to go to the opposite extreme and make the game too hard. I just want to have fun, and if the status quo does that, well . . . If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    "Yes. Because now that I reached the level cap in easy mode, I want it to be harder for everyone else to get here."

- signed, everyone who answered yes on this thread
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    NO. Look at all the people that have already leveled and had no penalty. So you want to put this in and the new people will have to deal with this. NO I vote yes it should have had one in the begining but not now a month in.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well I'm rambling. Needless to say, I love this game, and I love it how it is for the most part. Sure, it may be a tad easy, but that's okay because I'm enjoying the storyline. I wish there were more branches going out across all levels, but that's for future content I guess.

I just wanna preserve the status quo more because I'm afraid of them going too far in the opposite direction and making the game unplayable. Cryptic has already shown that it goes to extremes when they make a change (Crystalline Entity proves that), and I'd hate for a death penalty involve replacing ships or losing bridge officers. I can guarantee I and most others would quit if that happened. That's what I'm afraid of, though. I'm afraid of them going too far in the opposite direction. Same with difficulty. I'd hate for them to go to the opposite extreme and make the game too hard. I just want to have fun, and if the status quo does that, well . . . If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Exactly. Yes STO may be a tad easy as it stands but that's what's making it enjoyable. At least for me. I can jump, do a few missions, chat away & relax. DP = stress! DO NOT WANT!!! My day at work is stressfull enough as it is.

If people want a harcore gaming experience go play EVE & leave is lowly casual MMO players to enjoy STO! Wasn't this aimed at us in the first place???
    kryseis wrote:
    "Yes. Because now that I reached the level cap in easy mode, I want it to be harder for everyone else to get here."

Right then!!! There are no words to describe how stupid & selfish that statement is!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    kryseis wrote:

&
    mongo94 wrote:
    NO. Look at all the people that have already leveled and had no penalty. So you want to put this in and the new people will have to deal with this. NO I vote yes it should have had one in the begining but not now a month in.

Well, obviously the game should never change at all from here on out because that would disadvantage people who have not done it already.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mongo94 wrote:

Well, they could always apply the DP retroactively, since deaths are tracked...

Or wipe all current characters! That should teach those pansy carebears who made it to the endgame without a DP to separate out the leet!

</sarcasm>
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    NO to DP

I am not going to get ganked when I zone into a PvP or random enemy encounter, and then suffer downtime in those situations.

Normal death I could consider a DP addition but not under the above two situations, heck no.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    NO to DP
    I am not going to get ganked when I zone into a PvP or random enemy encounter, and then suffer downtime in those situations.
    Normal death I could consider a DP addition but not under the above two situations, heck no.

Again this stupid argument, I dont want a DP because this game has bugs....

OMG... of course those bugs will have to be fixed... anyway. Is there anyone here that does not believe they will fix spawn death and ganking soon?

For me, the current DP is a bug as well.. a design bug. And a stupid design bug at that.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Scay wrote:
    Again this stupid argument, I dont want a DP because this game has bugs....

OMG... of course those bugs will have to be fixed... anyway. Is there anyone here that does not believe they will fix spawn death and ganking soon?

For me, the current DP is a bug as well.. a design bug. And a stupid design bug at that.

DP or no DP, no, I don't have faith in this. The fix to make DSEs not instagank people on warp-in should be insanely easy (move the spawn point somewhere not in the flight path of the NPCs). They either haven't fixed it because they don't see it as a problem or that would actually take a lot of work. If it's the latter, then there are severe problems with their basic design.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    They either haven't fixed it because they don't see it as a problem or that would actually take a lot of work. If it's the latter, then there are severe problems with their basic design.

That there is a severe problem with their basic design is pretty much a given if you look at the game with an open eye (one is enough).
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    YES> i want total perma death to be possible in this game. we cant all get what we want (boobies)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Scay wrote:
    That there is a severe problem with their basic design is pretty much a given if you look at the game with an open eye (one is enough).
    a little harsh but i would say that the mechanics implemented have yet to accomodate such a penalty. tosay that they can not be modified to do so is ludicrous
This discussion has been closed.