Options

POLL: Death Penalty

1555657585961»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    MJayMor wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the pertcentages (status quo vs no) are at right now? Last I checked was about 100 pages ago.

I would imagine it's still 60% against, 40% for. Not that it helps that the "no" vote is now for status quo and "yes" vote is for something extremely vague ;).
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    NO ! :eek:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm all for an optional difficulty slider, but I don't agree it should offer "special bonus drops" if you have the difficulty turned up. In CoX, if you turn up your difficutly, you are just added mobs and due to numbers that increases your chances of getting a drop. It doesn't add any kind of "special difficulty bonus" toward drops just because you made the difficulty higher.

The optional difficulty slider and survival bonus are the two best ideas I personally have seen on here. Loss skillpoints, xp or equipment/BOs/ships is just plain silly to me.

You're putting words in my mouth. I never said anything about drops. Just better rewards (ie: more skill points, energy credits, etc.). If you do something at a more difficult level in an MMO, you should get better rewards. It's a common and widely-accepted practice, and even WoW does this with their raid scaling.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    You're putting words in my mouth. I never said anything about drops. Just better rewards (ie: more skill points, energy credits, etc.). If you do something at a more difficult level in an MMO, you should get better rewards. It's a common and widely-accepted practice, and even WoW does this with their raid scaling.

My apologies if that came across the wrong way. It was not my intent. Most people tend to equate "rewards" in loot based games as item drops. That's the only thing I was referring to there. By all means if you are cranking up the difficulty, you should get better XP for doing so.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    My apologies if that came across the wrong way. It was not my intent. Most people tend to equate "rewards" in loot based games as item drops. That's the only thing I was referring to there. By all means if you are cranking up the difficulty, you should get better XP for doing so.

Thanks, I understand what you meant now. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Its a simple question actually.

1. Are those who are saying NO saying that they cannot envision that cryptic can improve the mechanic and that they know so much about mmo and mechanics that it cannot be done.

2. Or are they voting NO out of fear and ignorace because they are concerned that they may get stuck with a bad mechanic.

3. Or if there is another reason and if so what is it as, "i like it now" is not the same as "its perfect now and could not be improved by anybody ever no matter their designing skill".

why cant the reason be a simple "i like the current system kthx" without any hidden meanings? as an individual capable of making my own opinions, why must my opinion conform to others expectations? couldnt it simply be that i like (read - am happy with) the current system, and do not desire a change. simple

Because like does not cover the fact it can be improved.

EG:

ME..."Hey i like the death mechanic".

CRYPTIC..."we are gonna try and improve it"..

ME..."Cool can i see what your gonna do"

CRYPTIC..."as soon as we are done making it we will put it will be on tribble"..

ME..."great il take a look and tell you what i think"...

YOU..."Hey i like the death mechanic".

CRYPTIC..."we are gonna try and improve it"..

YOU..."NO"

Now you may claim that there is no deeper meaning to that no but i have to say i do not believe it as nobody has such shallow responses.

• Options
    edited March 2010
    sibbwolf wrote:
    I would imagine it's still 60% against, 40% for. Not that it helps that the "no" vote is now for status quo and "yes" vote is for something extremely vague ;).

And the vagueness forces me to vote 'yes'. The status quo doesn't quite work in my opinion, as I believe spawn resets are in order*. However, I am vehemently opposed to any mechanic that results in lost resources or capabilities.

I find it interesting that option isn't acknowledged by Kor.

*Yes, I've been through Infected, and frankly I think the final room would still be **** even if we could run back in the room after respawning.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    And the vagueness forces me to vote 'yes'. The status quo doesn't quite work in my opinion, as I believe spawn resets are in order*. However, I am vehemently opposed to any mechanic that results in lost resources or capabilities.

I find it interesting that option isn't acknowledged by Kor..

A yes/maybe/il see what its gonna be vote is exactly what im doing dude.

And il also oppose pointless time or xp sinks.:p
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    And il also oppose pointless time or xp sinks.:p

Supporting a loss/destruction of equipment or ships that leads to a repair cost is a pointless time and currency sink.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Supporting a loss/destruction of equipment or ships that leads to a repair cost is a pointless time and currency sink.

Thats why il oppose those as well.:p
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ERM "no its not" is hardly a well structured argument lol.

Oh so now you acknowledge other people have opinions... you just don't like them?
    Try harder.

If it is effective and dismantling your position, there is no need to do so.
    Oh and nice too see your back to personal insults...im sure you had a theory about ppl who use those.

What personal insult?
    The community voice said things need improving, those like you who want the improvments blocked before they hit even tribble have no argument, its that simple.

You assume adding a DP is "an improvement". Decidedly a self-serving definition.

You'd argue for changes that you don't know but you would bash others for doing the same?
    Sad juvinille children who heard the word DP and it the forums with emoragequits before they even knew what it was gonna be, and you are still raging against it like some stubborn teen who is too immature to be able to modyfy his position even when he is shown how foolish it is.

Why is it that people who don't agree with you are "children"?
    You claim to be about clarity and understanding but your posts are either lies or misinterpretations and your stance is one that would not allow the community to make a informed decision.

Keep telling yourself that... maybe some day you'll even believe it.
    You are the hippocrite.

So personal. You getting frustrated again?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ]My opinion is to let ppl know what the changes are and allow them to make a educated decision

No it's not. You were for a DP long before how one would be implemented was known and long before a "tribble" server was even available to let people see it.

You are for a DP and any excuse you can use to defend it is going to be used.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Paneth wrote:
    Sitting on a fence does nothing. The question is simple, rather its two questions, but still.

He's not sitting on the fence. He's pro-DP and has been for some time. He just changed tactics because a DP is supposable in the works. So he's shifted from arguing for one to arguing one has to be implemented before one can oppose.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Goodwind wrote:

You assume adding a DP is "an improvement". Decidedly a self-serving definition.

You'd argue for changes that you don't know but you would bash others for doing the same?

Im arguing to SEE IF its a imporvement, il decide if it is or not after i have tested it.

You see when i say yes im saying "YES go ahead and try to improve the game and il check out tribble and fdecide if you are successful", i cannot fathom why somebody would say no DO NOT try to improve the game and il have nothing to test on tribble".
    Goodwind wrote:
    No it's not. You were for a DP long before how one would be implemented was known and long before a "tribble" server was even available to let people see it.

You are for a DP and any excuse you can use to defend it is going to be used.

Il be supporting any attempt to improve the game, il also be a avid tester on tribble to see if they succeeded.

If you make your mind up on summat before knowing what is is then LOL.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    No Nooooooooo
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Im arguing to SEE IF its a imporvement, il decide if it is or not after i have tested it.

No, you are pro-DP. You have been for a long time. You want the opposition to shut-up (you've been arguing this equally for a long time) and this is the latest attempt.
    You see when i say yes im saying "YES go ahead and try to improve the game and il check out tribble and fdecide if you are successful", i cannot fathom why somebody would say no DO NOT try to improve the game and il have nothing to test on tribble".

No, you want a DP and want no opposition to one being implemented.
    Il be supporting any attempt to improve the game, il also be a avid tester on tribble to see if they succeeded.

You're supporting a DP as you've always done.
    If you make your mind up on summat before knowing what is is then LOL.

You made up your mind that a DP was need a long time ago. Why do you not hold youself to the same standards you attempt to force on others?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Goodwind wrote:
    No, you are pro-DP. You have been for a long time. You want the opposition to shut-up (you've been arguing this equally for a long time) and this is the latest attempt.

No, you want a DP and want no opposition to one being implemented.

You're supporting a DP as you've always done.

You made up your mind that a DP was need a long time ago. Why do you not hold youself to the same standards you attempt to force on others?

I modify my position every time i get more info and i have the games best interests in mind as i do.

You however and those like you are utterly unwilling to change your stance even though you do not know exactly what you are saying NO too......LOL AT YOU.:D
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I modify my position every time i get more info and i have the games best interests in mind as i do.

You haven't "modified" your position. You were pro-DP and are pro-DP now. Your excuse for dismissing dissenting views is the only thing that has been modified.
    You however and those like you are utterly unwilling to change your stance even though you do not know exactly what you are saying NO too......LOL AT YOU.:D

You didn't know what you were saying "yes" to but that didn't, and still doesn't, stop you from saying saying "yes" to it.

Do not berate others for doing the very thing you are. It's simply unbecoming.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    This thread is so hot, I think I'm going to send it to Rura Penthe for some cooling off.

Thanks,

Q
This discussion has been closed.