Install Arc
Options

When does THIS game come out?

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Zodi-emish wrote:
    that or they are all busy trying to scam each other.

Or cheat to win.
    Oh wait I think thats just CCP

Awww Kitty, I think they gave up. I did a refresh an no new posts
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Milenko, what's your new avatar supposed to be? Oh, and they probably stopped when they realized that ignorance isn't a legal excuse for anything, so the quasi-legal arguments they were trying to make didn't cut the mustards.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Game sites, magazines, TV shows, conventions of every stripe outside of TRIBBLE. The fact is, info on STO has been out for quite some time. Just because you somehow managed to avoid it until launch, and that commercial was somehow the first exposure to it, that isn't a valid argument of it being "misleading," as the info has been out for quite some time. The scenes of contention were published a long time ago.

I understand, and it's a good point. I don't think, though, that people who play console games that love Star Trek all went to pc review sites. They tend to look at things related to XBox or PS3, and ignore pc stuff.

I think assuming everyone who watches SyFy understands that part of the quick clip is cgi, and part is from the trainer, is a bit overstated. My dad loves Star Trek, but I don't think he'd say 'oh there's cgi in this.' I doubt he knows what cgi is.

My root point is that this isn't the same as WoW's stupid commercials (which clearly aren't meant to show in-game. Ozzy isn't in the game). This is a clever, quickly cut deception and the point is that this does not make me believe them when they say anything about the future of this game.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Milenko, what's your new avatar supposed to be? Oh, and they probably stopped when they realized that ignorance isn't a legal excuse for anything, so the quasi-legal arguments they were trying to make didn't cut the mustards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malkavian

Neat game... CCP is gomma make an MMO out of the base system. I hope its off ": The Masquerade" not ": The Requiem" cause that was TRIBBLE.
    But it does put things into perspective
    Torath wrote:
    I understand, and it's a good point. I don't think, though, that people who play console games that love Star Trek all went to pc review sites. They tend to look at things related to XBox or PS3, and ignore pc stuff.

I think assuming everyone who watches SyFy understands that part of the quick clip is cgi, and part is from the trainer, is a bit overstated. My dad loves Star Trek, but I don't think he'd say 'oh there's cgi in this.' I doubt he knows what cgi is.

My root point is that this isn't the same as WoW's stupid commercials (which clearly aren't meant to show in-game. Ozzy isn't in the game). This is a clever, quickly cut deception and the point is that this does not make me believe them when they say anything about the future of this game.

and yet again, the AXE chocolate thing doesnt in fact make you chocolate, nor do beautiful women attempt to eat you...
    Unless this already happens
    And if it does, run!
  • Options
    edited February 2010

and yet again, the AXE chocolate thing doesnt in fact make you chocolate, nor do beautiful women attempt to eat you...
    Unless this already happens
    And if it does, run!

Well, I can still wish it did ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Torath wrote:

I'm not "assuming" anything. I'm merely pointing out that you can't say it's misleading just because you didn't know about the other trailers. Again - and again, and again - ignorance is not a legal excuse.

Now, whether or not you question Cryptic's trustworthiness is a totally different issue than whether or not it's misleading. I will grant you that those scenes shouldn't have been there. However, so would Cryptic, as it's been posted in this very thread that those scenes weren't supposed to be there, and were added by the company that Cryptic outsourced the commercial to. However, you refuse to comment on that issue, and ignore this particular issue, so I'd have to say that Cryptic isn't really trying to pull a fast one. You are.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    And its NOT me trying to troll, its NOT me being a fanboi(y), its me having fun. The verbal ripart
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    lets see who else uses something other then game play in their trailers.

War hammer
    Trailer 1.
    Trailer 2

AION
    Trailer

Auto Assault
    Trailer

Age of Conan
    Trailer

Everquest 2
    Trailer

global agenda
    trailer

from these trailers could give someone the wrong idea about the game.

in fact the STO and GA trailers are the most non misleading.

and there is a lot more.

EDIt should I add more?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Zodi-emish wrote:
    lets see who else uses something other then game play in their trailers.

War hammer
    Trailer 1.
    Trailer 2

AION
    Trailer

Auto Assault
    Trailer

Age of Conan
    Trailer

Everquest 2
    Trailer

global agenda
    trailer

from these trailers could give someone the wrong idea about the game.

in fact the STO and GA trailers are the most non misleading.

and there is a lot more.

I think you misunderstood the OP. He started with the premise Cryptic are evil monsters that fund al qaida and eat babies. He needs proof. He does not need factual proof, just proof (this is the Internet after all). Digging up this factual proof that he is wrong is just Fanboy fantasy.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Battleunit wrote: »
    I think you misunderstood the OP. He started with the premise Cryptic are evil monsters that fund al qaida and eat babies. He needs proof. He does not need factual proof, just proof (this is the Internet after all). Digging up this factual proof that he is wrong is just Fanboy fantasy.

well I guess I blew holes in his proof. because I am a thread pirate YAR and you can join my crew.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    He needs proof. He does not need factual proof, just proof.

"I found the weapons of mass destruction!"
  • Options
    edited February 2010

There is no such thing!! :p
  • Options
    edited February 2010

"Change we can Believe In."
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mickeyx wrote:
    There is no such thing!! :p

You have found weapons of mass destruction
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    DieScream wrote: »
    Ugh...I saw a captain on his bridge giving commands..? Did I miss a patch? Lol.

With voice even.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
  • Options
    edited February 2010

No, they are not evil monsters. They are clever carnival shills trying to cheat people into believing this is a good game. Look, it worked. You think it is.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Zodi-emish wrote:

Who dares question MY...daring....of..his dare.

Jerk.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Torath wrote:
    No, they are not evil monsters. They are clever carnival shills trying to cheat people into believing this is a good game. Look, it worked. You think it is.

I thought this game was good BEFORE the commercial that you couldn't tell was CGI.

You're point was...?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Torath wrote:

YOU are here.... why again?
    Oh yes, trolling.
    DUH must've slipped my mind. Its easy, given how slippery it is.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I thought this game was good BEFORE the commercial that you couldn't tell was CGI.

You're point was...?

Jedi Return fire, there is still one afloat
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    there's already a topic on this commercial, and if people can't tell what is in-game and is CGI, that's truely saddening.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    yamato23 wrote: »
    there's already a topic on this commercial, and if people can't tell what is in-game and is CGI, that's truely saddening.

And all this crazy stuff only happen on STO forums and not any other MMO which i have played over the years. it makes one wonder about the STO community....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Right... ill call it.
    12:12 AM Feburary 19th, 2010
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The main WoW video for some time showed a member of the Hoarde, firearm in hand, reloading his gun while a great big creature charged him. At the last second he gets a shot off, the the creature is hit, then skids to a stop and the Orc's feet.

I guess I never saw that one either, as no creature ever skidded to a stop at my feet.

Yes, but you CAN play a member of the horde, and you CAN shoot firearms, you CAN shoot big creatures charging at you, and you CAN hit and kill the creature at the last second and have it die at your feet.

The video you describe may not be exactly quite what actually happens in the game, but materially it CAN be.

The STO ad shows something that is NOT materially in the game. Being able to be on your bridge and issuing commands--never mind having it look so animated and voiced-out--would be a HUGE selling feature because it deepens immersion and--quite frankly--would be pretty cool to Trek fans. That's why they put it in the video even though it's not in the game. It's completely misleading about the game.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I love forums! :) It gives me something to laugh at during an otherwise frustrating day at work!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm not "assuming" anything. I'm merely pointing out that you can't say it's misleading just because you didn't know about the other trailers. Again - and again, and again - ignorance is not a legal excuse.

Now, whether or not you question Cryptic's trustworthiness is a totally different issue than whether or not it's misleading. I will grant you that those scenes shouldn't have been there. However, so would Cryptic, as it's been posted in this very thread that those scenes weren't supposed to be there, and were added by the company that Cryptic outsourced the commercial to. However, you refuse to comment on that issue, and ignore this particular issue, so I'd have to say that Cryptic isn't really trying to pull a fast one. You are.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    What I find funny about that Ad .... players have been asking Cryptic to let them fly and fight from their Bridge since before Closed Beta started .... and Cryptic incessantly tells us, its no fun, not playable.

But what do they show in this ad??? LOL!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Zepath wrote: »
    players have been asking Cryptic to let them fly and fight from their Bridge since before Closed Beta started .... and Cryptic incessantly tells us, its no fun, not playable.
    I don't recall Cryptic stating that bridge command would not be fun or playable. They did state that they did not have enough time or resources to make such gameplay -as- fun and playable as what they had already designed and developed. They also stated that they want to implement this later in their development cycle.

I suspect they have a ways to go before they reach the stage of developing 'nice to have' as opposed to 'need to have' (bug fixes, required content) things.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ****ed about this ? the way to go: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/