Install Arc
Options

When does THIS game come out?

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    dhaise wrote: »
    After scores of other well explored ,revisited, and completely unresolved complaint threads, I am glad we all have some new minutea to argue about.

Advertisers lie. For every product. In every medium. They did before STO, and they shall do so after.

this too lol
    Since when are you surprised by this?
    Are you new?
    If so: welcome to Earth, first thing, Advertisement is the art of skillfun lying.
    Second thing;
    Show me the part of the vid that says "Actual in game footage" cause otherwise you are ASSUMING
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Torath wrote:
    And it would seem the opinion of countless millions. This game will not ever approach or sustain anything like it because it's shallow, unfinished, unpolished, unprofessional TRIBBLE.

Very few - if any - of those "countless millions" were playing at launch.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Why will noone answer me :p

"Show me the part of the vid that says "Actual in game footage" cause otherwise you are ASSUMING"

Does it include a small-print disclaimer at the bottom that says it isn't actual gameplay footage? If not then either argument is valid.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mickeyx wrote:
    Only because i don't want to agree with you doesn't mean i am guilty of anything.

I could swear its like a code of conduct for you people to try and pull it towards personal level when youre out of arguments.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dracle wrote:
    Because youre acting TRIBBLE.

The ad is legally, lawfully, constitutionally, whatever secured and can not be sued to court.

It still lies to people.

WHERE does it say IN GAME FOOTAGE?
    Cause IM not seeing it.
    Trolling me wont make my point invalid.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Torath wrote:
    Link

Clearly this is different than what I purchased, yet it's being shilled on television. I guess my Captain is really stupid and doesn't know how to issue combat orders from the bridge...

This doesn't instill faith in Cryptic. This is a carnival shill, and everyone should be very careful about what they are led to believe about the upcoming development of this game.

Nice job though guys! This is exactly the kind of game I was hoping you'd deliver.

This move is going to hit the blog scene like no tomorrow.

That is a cut scene, like it wasn't obvious. :rolleyes:

and that has been out for a long time.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dracle wrote:

The ad is legally, lawfully, constitutionally, whatever secured and can not be sued to court.

It still lies to people.

Only those that can't discern CGI footage, cribbed from another trailer, from in-game footage.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Torath wrote:
    Does it include a small-print disclaimer at the bottom that says it isn't actual gameplay footage? If not then either argument is valid.

Nope, my argument is still valid... or do you believe EVERYTHING you see on TV unless it says "this is not true"
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ok, let me try this again:

Show me the part of the vid that says "Actual in game footage" cause otherwise you are ASSUMING

Show me the part of the vid that says "NOT actual in game footage" cause otherwise you are just TROLLING.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dracle wrote:
    I could swear its like a code of conduct for you people to try and pull it towards personal level when youre out of arguments.

That is the direction you were going any ways so why are you getting surprised now?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dracle wrote:
    Dracle wrote:

Irony much?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mickeyx wrote:
    Once again all your opinion. Unless you claim to know rest of the millions? also who told you STO ever claimed or even tried to reach numbers of WOW?

Obvious troll. No one would claim they intended to overtake WoWs subscription base, except maybe Blizzard themselves when they release their next mmo. It would be a fool's errand to do so.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    WHERE does it say IN GAME FOOTAGE?
    Cause IM not seeing it.
    Trolling me wont make my point invalid.

WHERE DOES IT SAY IT HAS TO SAY INGAME FOOTAGE TO BE UNFAIR ADVERTISING ?

I can caps too.

Another example of what the other guys is trying to do - youre without arguments and youre trying to insinuate that im hitting you personally.

I dont give a **** about you.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Show me the part of the vid that says "NOT actual in game footage" cause otherwise you are just TROLLING.

And saying you were "lied to," because you can't tell the difference between a CGI cutscene from another trailer and in-game footage ISN'T trolling? I mean, yeah, two wrongs don't make a right and all, but at least the trolling you're responding to has a point.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Torath wrote:
    Obvious troll. No one would claim they intended to overtake WoWs subscription base, except maybe Blizzard themselves when they release their next mmo. It would be a fool's errand to do so.

And your starting this thread and about 90% of the replies you have given to this point arent obvious trolls? lol
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mickeyx wrote:
    That is the direction you were going any ways so why are you getting surprised now?

...... just...... speechless......
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    And saying you were "lied to," because you can't tell the difference between a CGI cutscene from another trailer and in-game footage ISN'T trolling? I mean, yeah, two wrongs don't make a right and all, but at least the trolling you're responding to has a point.

Hey im not trolling, Im trying to get an answer or a link pointing to where this information is. I had to be repetitive as they were TRYING to ignore me.
    Dracle wrote:
    ...... just...... speechless......

yay! we win!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Irony much?

Dude.... youre replying twice within 2 minutes to my single post....youre on amph or something ?
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Edit: my apologies. I misread your post.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    HEY EVERYONE TELL ME WHEN THIS COMES OUT?

Trailer
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dracle wrote:
    Dude.... youre replying twice within 2 minutes to my single post....

Observant
    You've piqued my interest.
    Piquing the interest of a Malkav is usually bad.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Torath wrote:

So i am a troll because i don't believe in talking out of my a** and reply in hyperbolas? do you even know what trolling means? you contradict yourself in every single post which is quite amusing though.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I wonder if this version of the game will have detailed quests with subplots, various paths or different ways to complete a mission, moral choices, and diplomacy enabled?

I keep looking for the /diplomacyenabledon /hiddendialogueoptionson command, but they don't work. Are they bugged?

-avery
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The funny thing is there is all this whining about not being able to have combat from the bridge of the ship, but in every game where it was every implemented two things happened.

1 the games tanked commercially

2 nearly all players stopped using that option almost immediately because its just not actually fun to do.

Seriously how many of you played bridge commander using the painfully awkward bridge command interface for more than a few minutes in combat before swapping out to a third person perspective where you can actually fight your ship with some hope of success.

Sure it would be nice to have that option for warp travel but Im willing to bet that after the initial novelty wears off ( in like 5 minutes) everyone will go back to doing it the more efficient way and move on to whining about something else.

Time and time again this turns out to be what people THINK they want, but is not actually fun to do once you have it.

But god knows this forums sole purpose is to breed whining like a fleet bank tribble farm.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Observant
    You've piqued my interest.
    Piquing the interest of a Malkav is usually bad.

The hell is a Malkav ?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    lol this is all kinds of fun... but my attention span is waning... cmon say funny stuff some more.

Did I mention I love GIR?

Google + Malkavian = friends
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Google + Malkavian = friends

I deeply care about all that so i will rush now to the google to educate myself !
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    And your starting this thread and about 90% of the replies you have given to this point arent obvious trolls? lol

You won't get me to take anything you say personally. I have stated every response concisely and without intent of demeaning or laughing at anyone. As to the replies, I am not responsible for what other people think. I do think it's an unfair depiction of in-game play, that console gamers and Trek lovers who are less savvy may tend to believe is actual game footage. It's clever and quick, and way not as obvious as a giant monster stopping dead in his tracks. It's deceptive, and my whole point is that a company that uses such sly manipulation to garner sales cannot be taken at their word when it comes to anything else, such as "free content." If you choose to deem this opinion trolling, have at it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I want my question answered.

when does this game come out, it looks awesome, and I've seen it on TV.

Trailer
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Torath wrote:
    You won't get me to take anything you say personally. I have stated every response concisely and without intent of demeaning or laughing at anyone. As to the replies, I am not responsible for what other people think. I do think it's an unfair depiction of in-game play, that console gamers and Trek lovers who are less savvy may tend to believe is actual game footage. It's clever and quick, and way not as obvious as a giant monster stopping dead in his tracks. It's deceptive, and my whole point is that a company that uses such sly manipulation to garner sales cannot be taken at their word when it comes to anything else, such as "free content." If you choose to deem this opinion trolling, have at it.

Actually, I don't know of anyone - with you being an exception - who would look at that trailer and not tell the in-game footage from the fluff.