test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

When does THIS game come out?

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    mickeyx wrote:
    Once again watch trailer carefully. The parts which are intended to be shown as game play are there with full UI on screen with chat box scrolling. Rest is just cut scenes.

And there is no such thing as honest advertising. If you are really that sensitive you should not watch television. ;)

I'm not sensitive at all. I am ****ed off that they show things that should and could be in-game, that everyone wants in order to sucker people into buying it. They aren't trying to sell me jack. Like I said, sadly I already bought it.
    edited February 2010
    I posted this as an EDIT to one of my other posts but the forums are moving fast with this topic so I decided to add it to this page :P

Its called...ADVERTISING!!!! :O If you pay enough attention there are white letters that scroll across your screen when something is almost to good to be true.. example being "Batteries not Included" or my favorite one that makes me so fin mad, Pizza Huts' $10 for any pizza deal watch closely as the phrase "Extra Charge for Speciality Pizzas" why the heck would anyone want to buy a $10 regular pizza when you can get the same thing at Dimonos/Little Caesars for $5?
    edited February 2010
    They've been running it since before launch.
    The devs have replied on this like 30 times.
    But you really gotta ask yourelf this question:
    Are you REALLY surprised at skewed marketting or are you just trolling?
    Dead horse. Move on

edit:
    Show me the part of the vid that says "Actual in game footage" cause otherwise you are ASSUMING
    edited February 2010
    Torath wrote:
    I'm not sensitive at all. I am ****ed off that they show things that should and could be in-game, that everyone wants in order to sucker people into buying it. They aren't trying to sell me jack. Like I said, sadly I already bought it.

i told you twice already that the intended parts of trailers to be shown as gameplay are there with UI on screen. if you want to keep ignoring it, there is nothing i can do about it.

Oh and i bought AXE CHOCOLATE deo, however i am disappointed i didn't turn into a chocolate man and no women came running after me to take a bite out of my a**.

Commercial totally fooled me.
    edited February 2010
    mickeyx wrote:
    i told you twice already that the intended parts of trailers to be shown as gameplay are there with UI on screen. if you want to keep ignoring it, there is nothing i can do about it.

Oh and i bought AXE CHOCOLATE deo, however i am disappointed i didn't turn into a chocolate man and no women came running after me to take a bite out of my a**.

ROFL!!! touche!!! I say we make a class action lawsuit
    edited February 2010
    reon wrote: »
    I posted this as an EDIT to one of my other posts but the forums are moving fast with this topic so I decided to add it to this page :P

Its called...ADVERTISING!!!! :O If you pay enough attention there are white letters that scroll across your screen when something is almost to good to be true.. example being "Batteries not Included" or my favorite one that makes me so fin mad, Pizza Huts' $10 for any pizza deal watch closely as the phrase "Extra Charge for Speciality Pizzas" why the heck would anyone want to buy a $10 regular pizza when you can get the same thing at Dimonos/Little Caesars for $5?

lol yes, the fans are defending their cut-scenes at a break-neck pace, how surprising.

Of course there is all that. I am not delusional. I feel angry because this game is a mess, and this company shilling it (really now, people who have never played this and are drawn to the IP like many many of the console gamers here) - it's just more on the heap of ******** Cryptic shovels out.
    edited February 2010
    Torath wrote:
    lol yes, the fans are defending their cut-scenes at a break-neck pace, how surprising.

Of course there is all that. I am not delusional. I feel angry because this game is a mess, and this company shilling it (really now, people who have never played this and are drawn to the IP like many many of the console gamers here) - it's just more on the heap of ******** Cryptic shovels out.

Show me the part of the vid that says "Actual in game footage" cause otherwise you are ASSUMING
    edited February 2010
    mickeyx wrote:

The STO commercial didn't fool me, and I can guarantee you that you can't either.

I can guarantee you without reservation that Americans are f'ing idiots. They are not aware of the UI appearing. It's a fast commercial cut. All it is really is snake oil.

And thanks for repeating your lesson to me, I totally didn't get you the first time..
    edited February 2010
    OP, are you saying you WANT a game made with alpha-testing footage?
    edited February 2010
    Cormoran wrote: »
    you think this is something new? almost every single video trailer they've done has been sped up to seem more actiony, cryptic devs have even admitted to doing this, we also didn't get that faster paced game either.

The main WoW video for some time showed a member of the Hoarde, firearm in hand, reloading his gun while a great big creature charged him. At the last second he gets a shot off, the the creature is hit, then skids to a stop and the Orc's feet.

I guess I never saw that one either, as no creature ever skidded to a stop at my feet.
    edited February 2010
    mickeyx wrote:

Im sure you are perfectly able to see the difference between the Axe/Lynx ads and the one that Cryptic made for STO, but you choose to manipulate argumentation to your fit.

The STO ad is misleading, as was the whole "marketing campaign" of this game from the day cryptic taken over developement. It gives potential customers a flase view about the product, tries to lure in trekkies into the mistake called STO, suck their money dry only to leave them with "Meh..." expression on their face.

The community was lied in the face for more than a year in a simmilar manner the ad lies to target audience.
    edited February 2010
    OP, are you saying you WANT a game made with alpha-testing footage?

The game play shown in the commercial far exceeds the real game play. Yes, I would like to actually be on my bridge during combat like every Star Trek Captain before me, and not "imagine" I'm on it.
    edited February 2010
    ok, let me try this again:

edited February 2010
    Dracle wrote:
    Im sure you are perfectly able to see the difference between the Axe/Lynx ads and the one that Cryptic made for STO, but you choose to manipulate argumentation to your fit.

The STO ad is misleading, as was the whole "marketing campaign" of this game from the day cryptic taken over developement. It gives potential customers a flase view about the product, tries to lure in trekkies into the mistake called STO, suck their money dry only to leave them with "Meh..." expression on their face.

The community was lied in the face for more than a year in a simmilar manner the ad lies to target audience.

You telling me i am capable of seeing the difference and manipulating things to suit my argument yet again you fail to see the difference between the game play parts and cut scene in commercial?
    edited February 2010
    Rdizz81 wrote: »
    Dont think i saw any of that in the tutorial... correct me if im wrong?

well This guy said further above
    The scene at 10 seconds is from the beginning of the game where the captain tells you to hail another ship.
    The scene at 18 seconds is from the Klingon Video (http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/142701...eo_101409.html)
    As for the scene at 24 seconds, I have no idea what that is from and is probably just a cut scene of something that happens in-game?

Gave me some thought and I decided to go back and find the thread with the original dev post regarding the tv spot.

They did indeed make some CG shots, but the bridge shots pretty much came from the tutorial.

here's the link to the thread with other posts besides this quote

I just looked at the final release video spot and there are a few shots from the CG piece we did for the original Klingon video about 8 months ago . It is my mistake made on my eariler comment - I didn't know we were using some of the CG shots in the commerical - and I was referencing the first bridge shot which I had provided the company that was cutting the commerical - that indeed is the tutorial bridge.

BTW I have mentioned this in the past but I am going to post it again- the same cinematic tools we use for our trailers are available to anyone who has the game - currently they are hidden commands until we patch a few things to make it easier to use - but it's there - so hopefully soon we can post the commands to unlock this tool for everyone out there that wants to make their own machinima in the STO universe. We are also putting together some basic traiing videos on how to use the "demorecord" toolset.
    edited February 2010
    Battleunit wrote: »
    The main WoW video for some time showed a member of the Hoarde, firearm in hand, reloading his gun while a great big creature charged him. At the last second he gets a shot off, the the creature is hit, then skids to a stop and the Orc's feet.

I guess I never saw that one either, as no creature ever skidded to a stop at my feet.

A good point to which I respond, at least they were cheated into buying a viable, playable, immersive game.
    edited February 2010
    Its out now. Leave the forums and go play it :) I'm taking a short break to watch the Olympics!
    edited February 2010
    edited February 2010
    Torath wrote:
    A good point to which I respond, at least they were cheated into buying a viable, playable, immersive game.

That is your opinion.
    edited February 2010
    Torath wrote:
    The game play shown in the commercial far exceeds the real game play. Yes, I would like to actually be on my bridge during combat like every Star Trek Captain before me, and not "imagine" I'm on it.

There was no point in that commercial where you were on the bridge, directing the action. Yes, there was a cutscene used in a trailer that showed something to that effect, but that was clearly NOT in-game footage from any point of testing.

Also, it's been announced that we'll have bridges that are useful. However, if we actually engaged in combat from the bridge, you'd find out that it really, really sucks.
    edited February 2010
    mickeyx wrote:
    That is your opinion.

This is true

oh by the way

edited February 2010
    mickeyx wrote:
    You telling me i am capable of seeing the difference and manipulating things to suit my argument yet again you fail to see the difference between the game play parts and cut scene in commercial?

Ill insist on the theory that you do this on purpose and you are PERFECTLY AWARE of the immoral spin in an false advertisement of the product.

By defending it youre kind of defending the "tiny print" approach to dealing with customers.

"Lets tell them we will give them a candy when they sign the deal with us, and then put in small print that they have just agreed for buttsechs!"
    edited February 2010
    Dracle wrote:
    Ill insist on the theory that you do this on purpose and you are PERFECTLY AWARE of the immoral spin in an false advertisement of the product.

By defending it youre kind of defending the "tiny print" approach to dealing with customers.

"Lets tell them we will give them a candy when they sign the deal with us, and then put in small print that they have just agreed for buttsechs!"

Why will noone answer me :p

"Show me the part of the vid that says "Actual in game footage" cause otherwise you are ASSUMING"
    edited February 2010
    mickeyx wrote:
    That is your opinion.

And it would seem the opinion of countless millions. This game will not ever approach or sustain anything like it because it's shallow, unfinished, unpolished, unprofessional TRIBBLE.
    edited February 2010
    Torath wrote:
    And it would seem the opinion of countless millions. This game will not ever approach or sustain anything like it because it's shallow, unfinished, unpolished, unprofessional TRIBBLE.

To you....
    as I was saying

see Im gonna keep asking it cause you all keep ignoring me but I DO have a point lol
    edited February 2010
    Dracle wrote:

I am sorry but i fail to see the immoral spin. I am quit capable of understanding what that commercial intended to show us. Only because i don't want to agree with you doesn't mean i am guilty of anything.
    edited February 2010
    After scores of other well explored ,revisited, and completely unresolved complaint threads, I am glad we all have some new minutea to argue about.

Advertisers lie. For every product. In every medium. They did before STO, and they shall do so after.
    edited February 2010
    Torath wrote:

Not at launch, by any measure. As a matter of fact, that game wasn't playable for weeks after launch, whereas STO is very playable. I know, as i just got done playing for five hours.
    edited February 2010
    Why will noone answer me :p

"Show me the part of the vid that says "Actual in game footage" cause otherwise you are ASSUMING"

Because youre acting TRIBBLE.

The ad is legally, lawfully, constitutionally, whatever secured and can not be sued to court.

It still lies to people.
    edited February 2010
    Torath wrote:

Once again all your opinion. Unless you claim to know rest of the millions? also who told you STO ever claimed or even tried to reach numbers of WOW?