Options

When does THIS game come out?

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Zodi-emish wrote:
    I want my question answered.

what does this game come out, it look awesome, and I've seen it on TV.

Trailer

No. One. Cares.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Zodi-emish wrote:
    I want my question answered.

when does this game come out, it looks awesome, and I've seen it on TV.

Trailer

But you don't get it fool!!

If WOW does it its ok because its such an AWESOME game brah!! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dracle wrote:
    No. One. Cares.

well if you watch it instead of being ignorant, you would understand what I'm getting at.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mickeyx wrote:
    But you don't get it fool!!

If WOW does it its ok because its such an AWESOME game brah!! :rolleyes:

Exactly. WoW has never made any mistakes, had a perfect launch, and nobody has ever left the game.

That's a fact.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Actually, I don't know of anyone - with you being an exception - who would look at that trailer and not tell the in-game footage from the fluff.

I have seen other responses that indicate otherwise. You also seem to think that I didn't detect the slight of hand in the commercial. I said it was false and misleading, and clearly stated they weren't targeting me, since I already own the game. In my opinion there are a lot of people that will not know that it isn't game play footage. If you disagree with that, I'm ok with it, I would say you are likely over-estimating the intelligence of most Americans. People watch Fox News, afterall. ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Zodi-emish wrote:
    well if you watch it instead of being ignorant, you would understand what I'm getting at.

Oh, he understands. He understands that by responding in any truly meaningful and un-trollish fashion, his and OP's point would be vaporized.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Zodi-emish wrote:

Another one trying to pull this to personal stuff....

You have linked a World of Warcraft opening intro cinematic.

What is that supposed to prove ?

No one is talking about wow.

If Blizzard did the same thing with TV ads as cryptic - shame on them.

Did it somehow change anything now that we have that established ?

Crytpic is still decieving potential customers.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Torath wrote:
    You won't get me to take anything you say personally. I have stated every response concisely and without intent of demeaning or laughing at anyone. As to the replies, I am not responsible for what other people think. I do think it's an unfair depiction of in-game play, that console gamers and Trek lovers who are less savvy may tend to believe is actual game footage. It's clever and quick, and way not as obvious as a giant monster stopping dead in his tracks. It's deceptive, and my whole point is that a company that uses such sly manipulation to garner sales cannot be taken at their word when it comes to anything else, such as "free content." If you choose to deem this opinion trolling, have at it.

lol thats amazingly similar to the response a guy had when I was in High School.
    When I was in High School, we had a WWII day rememberance thing, and this dude made a huge (well drawn) mural of (godwin's law lol) "negative imagry" incliding things of a Godwin like nature. Well, he said essentially, "Its art. and its art despite what the people looking at it think. How you respond to it is up to you, not me."
    It is trolling wether you WISH it to be trolling or not. You SHOULD realize this.
    Dracle wrote:
    No. One. Cares.
    Thank you for making our point
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Torath wrote:
    And it would seem the opinion of countless millions. This game will not ever approach or sustain anything like it because it's shallow, unfinished, unpolished, unprofessional TRIBBLE.

Interesting....that was exactly my impression of WoW...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Torath wrote:
    I have seen other responses that indicate otherwise.

well ignorance does causes trouble. but you would have to be really ignorant to not see that it is CGI instead of game play.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Thank you for making our point

You dont care and youre reply speed in this thread is 1 post / 90 seconds ?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dracle wrote:

Are you or are you not the one that called ME TRIBBLE when I had made NO personal attacks towards you?
    Because if you are not, Ill let it go.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dracle wrote:

You have linked a World of Warcraft opening intro cinematic.

What is that supposed to prove ?

No one is talking about wow.

If Blizzard did the same thing with TV ads as cryptic - shame on them.

Did it somehow change anything now that we have that established ?

Crytpic is still decieving potential customers.

first I have seen that on TV, but what you're saying is they can't use CGI, what give you the right to run their business.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Actually, I don't know of anyone - with you being an exception - who would look at that trailer and not tell the in-game footage from the fluff.

I was thinking maybe - just maybe - there might be one or two people out there who are unfamiliar with MMOs and/or gaming in general who might not know the difference between in-game footage and cut scenes. Maybe. It's a stretch, sure, but I don't think it's entirely outside the realm of possibility.

As difficult as it may be to believe, not everyone is as game savvy as, ya know, us. :cool:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Are you or are you not the one that called ME TRIBBLE when I had made NO personal attacks towards you?
    Because if you are not, Ill let it go.

I called youre behaviour TRIBBLE, because it was. I have not called YOU TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dracle wrote:
    You dont care and youre reply speed in this thread is 1 post / 90 seconds ?

You have missed the point I was trying to make.

Rather, I should have phrased that differently.
    Dracle wrote:
    No. One. Cares.

^ should have been post #2 on this thread. Thank you for that.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Zodi-emish wrote:
    first I have seen that on TV, but what you're saying is they can't use CGI, what give you the right to run their business.

Im saying - I dissagree with misleading advertising.

Id apreciate if you didnt put words in my mouth.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dracle wrote:
    I called youre behaviour TRIBBLE, because it was. I have not called YOU TRIBBLE.

Sorry, I tend to personalize comment like "you are being TRIBBLE"

This makes me thing this is meant as a personal attack.
    This would then make you a hypocrite, as when I was NOT making personal attacks at you or your like of thinking or behaviour, you were making them against me, and then saying it bad when its done against you.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dracle wrote:
    Im saying - I dissagree with misleading advertising.

Id apreciate if you didnt put words in my mouth.

And only complete and utter idiots would find it misleading, and only if they hadn't seen, touched, smelled, tasted or heard about STO for the past year, as the scenes that are your point of contention have been on the internet, it their entirety, for about that long, in two different STO trailers. Saying "you didn't know it was out there before" doesn't make it misleading. It makes you an idiot.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    how about this one.

EVE BSG tv spot

and how is it misleading? most people can see that it is CGI.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    And only complete and utter idiots would find it misleading, and only if they hadn't seen, touched, smelled, tasted or heard about STO for the past year, as the scenes that are your point of contention have been on the internet, it their entirety, for about that long, in two different STO trailers. Saying "you didn't know it was out there before" doesn't make it misleading. It makes you an idiot.

I'd venture a guess that not everyone lives and dies on video game review sites man..
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Zodi-emish wrote:
    how about this one.

EVE BSG tv spot

lol @ teh kitty
    go kitty go!!
    Torath wrote:
    I'd venture a guess that not everyone lives and dies on video game review sites man..

so your defence is ignorance?
    YOU dont know about it so THEY must be guilty
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sorry, I tend to personalize comment like "you are being TRIBBLE"

This makes me thing this is meant as a personal attack.
    This would then make you a hypocrite, as when I was NOT making personal attacks at you or your like of thinking or behaviour, you were making them against me, and then saying it bad when its done against you.

If that makes your day - yes im a huge hypocrite.

Ill leave you ladies to it. Take care.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Zodi-emish wrote:
    how about this one.

EVE BSG tv spot

Because EVE players are mature and understand the purpose of such advertisement. In all these years that i played EVE not even one person screamed 'CCP is trying to scam us'. I guess maturity counts a lot in such matters.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dracle wrote:
    If that makes your day - yes im a huge hypocrite.

Ill leave you ladies to it. Take care.

weee! I win an internet argument! Im special!

How do I get an individual post?
    I might add that to my sig lol (j/k - dont wanna get in trouble lol)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Torath wrote:
    I have seen other responses that indicate otherwise. You also seem to think that I didn't detect the slight of hand in the commercial. I said it was false and misleading, and clearly stated they weren't targeting me, since I already own the game. In my opinion there are a lot of people that will not know that it isn't game play footage. If you disagree with that, I'm ok with it, I would say you are likely over-estimating the intelligence of most Americans. People watch Fox News, afterall. ;)

Using a whole quote, rather than taking a line or two out of context is much preferred. That way, what I actually said is able to be read.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Torath wrote:

Game sites, magazines, TV shows, conventions of every stripe outside of TRIBBLE. The fact is, info on STO has been out for quite some time. Just because you somehow managed to avoid it until launch, and that commercial was somehow the first exposure to it, that isn't a valid argument of it being "misleading," as the info has been out for quite some time. The scenes of contention were published a long time ago.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    -avery wrote:
    I wonder if this version of the game will have detailed quests with subplots, various paths or different ways to complete a mission, moral choices, and diplomacy enabled?

I keep looking for the /diplomacyenabledon /hiddendialogueoptionson command, but they don't work. Are they bugged?

-avery

Vanguard has diplomacy. Great game. Crappy launch. It has everything everyone wants, but will never know about because no one plays it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I totally need to change my avatar to keep this up lol
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mickeyx wrote:
    Because EVE players are mature and understand the purpose of such advertisement. In all these years that i played EVE not even one person screamed 'CCP is trying to scam us'. I guess maturity counts a lot in such matters.

that or they are all busy trying to scam each other.