What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

📢 The Reddit/Twitter dev tracker thread 📢

Comments

• Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2022

And yes the current plans is this is only for Missions as he's said, maybe that might evolve as the Terran ARC wraps up after next years Anniversary--who knows, we'll have to wait and see.

At least Donny's Bridge is coming to the new Federation Tutorial with Stormfall, it's slightly smaller yet also has similar vibe and likely to get updated to Player Bridges. They did this about 3-6 weeks after it was shown in the Tutorial.

So at least a little hope for those who sometimes like to go there.
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Thank you, strathkin for posting the Yorktown bridge pics from Nick Duguid. 😁
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    Early in this thread I heard of the sheer impossible means of making fleet starbases crossfaction, at least for the our current fleets.

I wonder if Cryptic would look into an entirely new fleet starbase system, separate from our current ones and explore the option of making a fleet that supports cross faction from the ground up, and not build from the current standard ones. Sure this means putting in more work to build this entire new cross-faction fleet system, but I think it is well worth it.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    > @stark2k said:
    > Early in this thread I heard of the sheer impossible means of making fleet starbases crossfaction, at least for the our current fleets.
    >
    > I wonder if Cryptic would look into an entirely new fleet starbase system, separate from our current ones and explore the option of making a fleet that supports cross faction from the ground up, and not build from the current standard ones. Sure this means putting in more work to build this entire new cross-faction fleet system, but I think it is well worth it.

If they can make cross-faction teaming, then maybe a cross-faction fleet would be possible. But it seems pretty redundant. There are plenty of max level fleets with inactive player bases. What would you want from the new fleet system that isn’t already available?
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,526 Arc User
    edited August 2022
    The main thing is that they would have to replace all of the NPCs with neutral ones instead of faction ones so that the vendors and wanderers don't attack the players of the opposite faction. That would take a lot of time from the smallest dev team (apparently there are only about three of them that handle all character/NPC models and clothing from some comments on one of the Ten Forwards) which could be a stumbling block since it would impact new content.

Also, there are a lot of other potential snags since they are probably in separate, but more or less identical, databases so references would have to be changed for one side or the other, and other little less-than-compatible bits that happen in projects between kludges and other hurried and later forgotten tweeks.
    Post edited by phoenixc#0738 on
  • Options
    The main thing is that they would have to replace all of the NPCs with neutral ones instead of faction ones so that the vendors and wanderers don't attack the players of the opposite faction. That would take a lot of time from the smallest dev team (apparently there are only about three of them that handle all character/NPC models and clothing from some comments on one of the Ten Forwards) which could be a stumbling block since it would impact new content.

funny thing is...this would be new content. :)

In a static sense I suppose it could be considered new if the player never had a character from the opposite faction, but I would think that people would prefer new missions over just making the fleet holdings neutral. They could fix the NPCs gradually, but they would probably have to roll it all out in one package so it would be a relatively long time of no apparent change if they tried it gradually.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,328 Arc User
    edited September 2022

Upgrading boffs and kit (module) slots for upgraded boffs. Sounds mighty interesting.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

Upgrading boffs and kit (module) slots for upgraded boffs. Sounds mighty interesting.

Really? Ground isn't difficult enough in the game to actually warrant that, at least in my opinion.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,328 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    questerius wrote: »

Really? Ground isn't difficult enough in the game to actually warrant that, at least in my opinion.

On Elite difficulty those without synergy in their builds can struggle at times.

Regardless, upgraded boffs get access to all traits and with the kit module slot sets can be completed. (Not to mention, more free space in inventory.)
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,395 Arc User
    To the surprise of almost no-one, the Emperor will indeed CRUSH us:
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,482 Arc User
    > @saurializard said:
    > To the surprise of almost no-one, the Emperor will indeed CRUSH us:
    >

I wish the face sculpt looked more like a Mirror Wesley Crusher, he does not in my opinion.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,343 Community Moderator
    sthe91 wrote: »
    > @saurializard said:
    > To the surprise of almost no-one, the Emperor will indeed CRUSH us:
    >

I wish the face sculpt looked more like a Mirror Wesley Crusher, he does not in my opinion.

Have a lot of experience with Mirror Wesley Crushers do you? 😏
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    is that supposed to be Wesley Crusher? i couldn't tell who it was lol
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    kirisee wrote: »

It is, modeled after Will Wheaton as he is today and not back in TNG, beard and all.
    the best thing to come out of the terran series is the bald chick... Ilia

Deltans are natually bald. Although we don't really kow what Ilia is anymore thanks to V'Ger. But it IS interesting that they brought out TMP stuff to go with the current arc.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    kirisee wrote: »

It is, modeled after Will Wheaton as he is today and not back in TNG, beard and all.
    Though, the main render (the forum banner and loading screen one) makes him look like a younger, slimmer Ted Cruz.
    #TASforSTO
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,482 Arc User
    After playing the new episode I have changed my mind. Emperor Wesley Crusher does look like Wil Wheaton. Only in the reveal trailer he did not in my opinion.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    I liked the use of the character and Wil Wheaton did a decent job with what he was given, but sorry, I'm sick of reputedly having to play the mirror version of my character with lousy equipment and no real power customization. <--- At this point that's gotten VERY old here.

Yes, other MMOs do this type of thing too (FFXIV for example); and I HATE when they force you to play another character too.

One time is a novelty. Having to do this at some point in EVERY mission of the current STO Mirror story arc is a real pain in the a**.

I want to PLAY on the characters I worked on and progressed and equipped, not so stock character with subpar/stock equipment and abilities.

Plus the ground mechanics and combat of this latest mission were so bad, it's unplayable on any difficulty setting other than 'Normal'.

I hope this story ENDS with the next mission and the STO Dev team drops the 'novel' idea of having us play a stock character inn the future. Even though I enjoy the fact they got Wil Wheaton to do VO for this game, this latest mission is one I will NOT replay at all.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    > @crypticarmsman said:
    >
    > Yes, other MMOs do this type of thing too (FFXIV for example); and I HATE when they force you to play another character too.

To be fair, for FFXIV, different characters are meant for a short duty with the current character having their own build that still feels good to play and it's usually accompanied by your badass WoL showing up afterwards to showcase how a juggernaut they are and taking down the main threat.
    #TASforSTO
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    (Flaming, trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    I'm gonna give him the mandatory benefit of the doubt (as he says: no witch-hunting)... but he really should work on trying not to sound like he's passive-aggressively "just asking questions" https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Just_asking_questions.
    #TASforSTO
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    Gosh, that guy sounds completely insensitive sometimes. I think he is making a reasonable point, maybe. He just can’t seem to say it in a professional manner.
  • Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    You can get a small about of dilithium from Admiralty, but since the changes to the Klingon and Ferengi paths, you can't really make significant amounts anymore anyway.
  • Options
    I have a lot of alts, but they are not for farming (in fact there are days where I just play the missions and events and not bother with Admiralty at all, and occasionally even let the far less odious reputation and doff stuff slide. They are because I keep getting character ideas and/or I get build or theme ideas and STO is a very easy game to get character slots in, so I don't have to rein the impulse in much. I am usually needing dil, not swimming in it.