test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

📢 The Reddit/Twitter dev tracker thread 📢

Comments

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    The Enterprise, the Defiant, and even Voyager have been called back to defend such an important location, close to the heart of the Federation.

Well, now we know who the mystery VA is - it's Kate Mulgrew.

Also, technology spike...the Terrans had 29th-century technology during their initial Badlands invasion, and they still lost against us - there is NOTHING they can get from Jupiter that will make them any more dangerous.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    The Enterprise, the Defiant, and even Voyager have been called back to defend such an important location, close to the heart of the Federation.

Also, technology spike...the Terrans had 29th-century technology during their initial Badlands invasion, and they still lost against us - there is NOTHING they can get from Jupiter that will make them any more dangerous.​​

Not so sure - Voyager has been commanded by Tuvok whenever we've seen it.

Although I guess Janeway DOES outrank him...

Hmmm, I recall Janeway asking Seven of Nine to meet her at Jupiter Station for a special project that she was working on in a blog around the time of AoY/Temporal arc. This would be a nice callback to that blog.
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    Boo! I just wanted to put that out there.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User

Hmmm, I recall Janeway asking Seven of Nine to meet her at Jupiter Station for a special project that she was working on in a blog around the time of AoY/Temporal arc. This would be a nice callback to that blog.

People actually read the game lore blogs?!? If it isn't patch notes or something important. I don't bother with it. Personally, I think lore and story belongs in the game, not in a blog.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited January 2022
    jcsww wrote: »

People actually read the game lore blogs?!? If it isn't patch notes or something important. I don't bother with it. Personally, I think lore and story belongs in the game, not in a blog.

The story blogs could be added into the game through a resurrected Memory Alpha or the Path to 2409 midterms/finals that are done at Starfleet Academy and Klingon Academy. They could even be accessible from our ship's ready room like that one mission part of the Romulan arc called Frozen for Feds, Klinks, and everyone else.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    edited January 2022

*chuckles*
    Oh, that reminds me of the few times when I talked about how some characters in a mission weren't really introduced, so they came out of nowhere to bring a solution/cause troubles only to have someone go "ackshtually, you hater not paying any attention to the story, this character was introduced in a lore blog, but you'd know that if you really cared".

Turned out in these cases, it was because said characters were indeed introduced in the lore blogs WAY earlier than the mission they are in. For instance, the crew of the OSS Coldstar from the mission Partisans was introduced first in a lore blog...

4 YEARS before the mission.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • Options
    #TASforSTO
  • Options
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2022
    As for the head's up above about the Nebulae, I think we'll likely see a few surprises coming over the next week or two regarding the 12th Anniversary Bundle. They originally stated a week or two ago during a Ten Forward show that it likely not come as the Anniversary started--we may have to wait a week.

▬▬♫♪♫♪♪▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I saw Nick posted this earlier today. The standard disclaimer he's made consistently for the 2410 Federation KIT, this is for Missions/TFO's aboard Starships, smaller Starbases, and other Federation Facilities. It's not intended for Starship Interiors.

0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited January 2022

In Redemption - Part 2, Commander Data was given command of a Nebula-Class starship, in the effort to catch the Romulans who were supplying weapons to the Duras Sisters.

It's been a while, but I thought it was from the time he was transfered to another ship as it's captain, so it took a bit of search through IMDb and then the Star Trek database, and from there YouTube :smiley:

Anyways, it was Data's first command posting, however temporary that it was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIFjFF_BzY8&ab_channel=HD_Picard
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Speaking of older ships getting mentioned for reasons:

Inside the patch notes, lie mentions about the Cheyenne and Olympic getting revamped. Here's the un-cropped screenshot showing them.

And potentially, evil Janeway in STO:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/sbz0z7/kate_mulgrew_teases_a_big_janewayrelated/
    "There's coffee in that Federation Nebula-class. Blow it up and collect the caffeine particles."
    #TASforSTO
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User

Do they finally break with canon and give the ship actual/visible Impulse Engines? ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    edited January 2022

Do they finally break with canon and give the ship actual/visible Impulse Engines? ;)

I'd be excited by a Legendary Nebula. I didn't think mine had a issue seeing the Warp &/or Impulse Engines, your sense of humor is subtle similar to mine.

I'll try not to get the Nova, since it's included in bundle with DeVinchi - we'll have to wait (patience) is a virtue, to see what the 12th Anniversary Bundle Unfolds over the next week or so; be nice to see a Starter Bundle for all 10th, 11th, and 12th Anniversary editions. Wished they had a more moderate starting point with 2 ships not just 1, so then the later upgrade is more appealing.

For the Bundle that's coming for Anniversary they said it would likely be perhaps a week or so after the Start of this Epic Anniversary Adventure; and today we saw one of the first ever Captain's finally make an appearance. I had a feeling given her earlier tweet about STO several months ago.

The only thing better than that would be the original Q himself who I'd really love to see, or at least one of the others from the Continuum; yet perhaps that's just me. ;)

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Suzie_Plakson
    ╘ she played not only Lady Q, yet also Selar, K'Ehleyr, and Tarah in Enterprise.

Be nice to have a few more Ladies, be apart of STO Canon.

You have a good day!
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    Well, in the new episode, the ISS Enterprise has the T6 Nebula torpedo pod, so perhaps it was just this.
    #TASforSTO
  • Options
    edited February 2022

Seems they are relooking at Intel now, at least Bridge Officer abilities.

Note: Several have already left very valuable feedback regarding Intel, so have a read and some of the other tweets in response.
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    strathkin wrote: »

Note: Several have already left very valuable feedback regarding Intel, so have a read and some of the other tweets in response.

so glad they made a forum thread about this as well. /not

glad we are not forgotten in such things. /not

thx for posting strat. but this - AGAIN - shows how little the - OFFICIAL - forums get any details or wanted input as such.

Also shows that Kael's post (in the 'How to have a Discussion' thread) saying "I will continue to try and get better about monitoring these forums and answering your questions" from early December last year wasn't really worth the time it took to type.

I am starting to wonder if it's his boss that is the bigger part of the problem. Most companies wouldn't keep an employee that barely puts in a minimal effort at best 90+% of the time and yet Kael has been around for quite a while now.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »

so glad they made a forum thread about this as well. /not

glad we are not forgotten in such things. /not

thx for posting strat. but this - AGAIN - shows how little the - OFFICIAL - forums get any details or wanted input as such.

Also shows that Kael's post (in the 'How to have a Discussion' thread) saying "I will continue to try and get better about monitoring these forums and answering your questions" from early December last year wasn't really worth the time it took to type.

I am starting to wonder if it's his boss that is the bigger part of the problem. Most companies wouldn't keep an employee that barely puts in a minimal effort at best 90+% of the time and yet Kael has been around for quite a while now.
    ^^^
    He does stuff for Champions Online too. STO isn't the only Cryptic game he works with on a regular basis.

(He's also WAY better than the previous STO Community Lead; but said previous lead didn't set a high bar to clear in that regard.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    edited February 2022

Yes as always, he's stated it's not for Ship Interiors; yet Missions, TFO's, etc... ...he's been consistent.
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    edited February 2022
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    His work seems wasted on STO. This would be amazing for a game like Elite Dangerous or sonething, where you would actually go to these spaces, open that gorgeous shuttle bay door, see the planet and then take a shuttle down there.

Here it's for a cutscene in a mission you play once and afterwards only force alts through to get sone kind of reward 🤣
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I admit that I wished the DEV's would sometimes post their twitch or twitter post to the DEV's forum. Yet most people can quickly follow them just scanning thru the links posted by others. Also Ambassador Kael does post some of the DEV's twitter posts to the https://twitter.com/trekonlinegame
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    angrytarg wrote: »
    H
    Here it's for a cutscene in a mission you play once and afterwards only force alts through to get sone kind of reward 🤣
    Oh, don't worry, I'm pretty sure once this is online, they'll make sure we see the whole thing many MANY times for another 10/20-day event.
    #TASforSTO
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    deleted.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Nevermind. I thought they were updating the TFOs but it turns out they just half-TRIBBLED the blog as per usual. Good job Cryptic! This is why we can’t “have a discussion.”