What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

📢 The Reddit/Twitter dev tracker thread 📢

Comments

• Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2022

This and perhaps a few others we'll see next week perhaps...

...still I'd like to know about the Condition: Red Alert shown for 2/24/2022. Guess we'll have to be patient and see! Wish when they show this, they'd at least state what platform it's for!

Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    To Be Continued....

Mission on the Yorktown...
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User

The timing of the tweet is also very interesting
    consider when STO usually tweets at us
    Yep, 6 days at 12am is exactly when PIC S2 launches (PDT time)
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    To paraphrase Dorothy Zbornak of Golden Girls fame...What the hell is it?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    True, a Federation/Empire dreadnought does look a bit like a joker's hat at that angle. Some of the surface tones make it look like it has mirror livery though it is very hard to tell in that image, for instance the smudges inside the horseshoe marking could be highlight and shadow rather than livery.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    As i said in reddit, thats the Ross Class
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »

Is there also a Chandler and a Joey Class? :p
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User

Soon, pretty soon!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User

I want the Catian "Smelly-Cat" class. :p
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User

What have they been feeding you?
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User

Don't forget the rectangle shaped Litterbox Class.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    The Dev's have been real quiet lately, and for a LONGER time that normal. Only reason I suspect some of the comments above...

UPDATE: ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    whiteknight1xwhiteknight1x Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    Hi, I am confuse. Is Reddit/sto operated Star Trek Online? "This is the official community subreddit for Star Trek Online". If it is I would like to talk to someone official about it site. I don't trust going through moderators. I am getting really tired of this cancel culture.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Hi, I am confuse. Is Reddit/sto operated Star Trek Online? "This is the official community subreddit for Star Trek Online". If it is I would like to talk to someone official about it site. I don't trust going through moderators. I am getting really tired of this cancel culture.

No, the reddit is NOT official, in the sense of being owned & operated by the developers. I'm not sure on what authority they are making that statement. But in truth the reddit moderators are highly biased and power-mad. The kind of people who should never be in charge of anything.

Yes they are awful people.

They should not be allowed to call themselves "official", it applies they represent Star Trek Online, which also means PWE, which also means Embracer Group. It could be shown in court that STO is aware of this and they can be held accountable for any action that site may do.

Someone should point this out to PWE lawyers before something really bad happens. This is basic High School law class stuff. Yeah, I know schools today are not teaching civics or real world survival skills.
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    If Cryptic were afraid of lawsuits the first thing they should do is think about transparency regarding the gamble boxes, then they should make sure there is no false advertising in their press releases… policing 3rd party websites should be way down the priority ladder. But considering they can’t fix their press releases, my guess is the legal department is not well-funded either.
  • Options
    I hate this woke cancel culture. It use to be you can just talk and tell jokes without worry about offending someone. If someone was actually offend they would say so and you would just apologize, shake hands, and move on.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,986 Arc User
    "This is the official community subreddit for Star Trek Online"

Yes, r/sto is the official community subreddit. Emphasis on these two words: community subreddit. Everything to do with STO but nothing to do with the folks who run the game and this forum.

Sorry to be off topic in the dev tracker thread...
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

No, the reddit is NOT official, in the sense of being owned & operated by the developers. I'm not sure on what authority they are making that statement. But in truth the reddit moderators are highly biased and power-mad. The kind of people who should never be in charge of anything.

I am not a lawyer, nor do I claim any legal expertise, but I believe the statement about r/sto not being 'official' has plenty of grounds for challenge.

They declare themselves the 'official community' sub reddit for STO. We all know that the 'official' site is actually this one, but the sub reddit makes that claim and members of the Gearbox/Cryptic staff post there readily. In fact, they post there far more then they ever do here. It's clear from this that the STO Staff is aware of this reddit and not only does not challenge the claim of them being 'official' but is endorsing it by using the site as much as they do. The reddit gets official news before this site, and they get more interaction with the Cryptic staff then this supposedly 'official' site.

At the very least, I would say that the validity of the sub reddit being 'official' is very much up for dispute thanks to the actions (or non actions) of the Cryptic staff.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,328 Community Moderator
    This is the dev tracker thread. Not the complain about Reddit thread. Please don't bring that drama here. We don't want it anymore than they want forum drama there. If you'd like to complain about Reddit, post a thread there. Thank you. Now please, don't derail this thread any longer.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    The Dev's have been real quiet lately, and for a LONGER time that normal. Only reason I suspect some of the comments above...

Wow - That is a very nice homage and 25th century version updateof the original series 23rd century Bridge Helm Console set prop design. I LOVE it.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    It's coming along nicely, not sure we'll see this before Easter; maybe there already one that's been handled off we've not seen too much of. As for this being shown in a mission, possibly lucky if it drops in June before Summer Event. Still all speculation on my part there, just based on we typically see 1 mission every 2-3 months typically.

Still it's looking quite good, like a few more LCARs panels with Science & Communications stations; possibly a single Engineering station, like Geordi had while on the Bridge.

Only question here is why we see a planet on the View Screen, yet it's not hinted even a little while looking out the window; obviously the View Screen is a Wider Angle; do to it's curvature, still you'd think to see planet more to the side.
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    Not from a DEV yet from Kael, who managed STO twitter:
    0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User

I want this bridge so bad