test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What would YOU add to Star Trek Online

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    seems like Gorn Hegemony refused to obey the laws of physics.

im-the-doctor-i-can-change-the-laws-of-physics-32831383.png
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • crossmrcrossmr Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Oh a bigger budget for the Star Trek Online Team so they hire more staff and have a real bug fixing team and QC Department and churn out more content.

Yes the only thing I want to add right now is 1000 bug fixes.

• ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Better graphics so my characters would go from what they look like on the left to the right after editing in Artbreeder

eJAH6La.jpg

OE3nmaw.jpg

Post edited by ussvaliant2#1952 on
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    One possible way to improve exploration is to have the fighting portion of any such mission be a simple holodeck program, to make it feel like a "bottle episode".
    Post edited by captkelly31#5645 on
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    How about an event that is based around Pon Farr, you get to explore Vulcan culture, Vulcan captains get special dialogue, the combat portion is a duel to the death, it'll come every 7 years, you get to earn special currency and get unique Vulcan style clothes, phaser weapons and T6 ships.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    after thinking about some things. a singularity core for the ancient technologies set, warp core and singularity cores for the Borg/maco/omega sets and the nukara and romulan rep sets.
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
    Does anyone agree that the DEVS could give an NX, or Disc-era, skin for the Daedalus class?
    Does anyone agree that the DEVS could give an NX, or Disc-era, skin for the Daedalus class?

Oh HELL yes!
    They were Ent era ships in Star Trek Legacy, although not playable in vanilla.
    maxresdefault.jpg
    She'd translate very well into the Ent style.
    EByvI0qUYAUom7U.jpg:large
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Speaking of which, the "damaged" ship skins that show when your around 50% damage could use improvement so it's not too symmetrical; and if new bridges are being avoided, the DEVS could atleast improve the default ready-room some time this year.
  • nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    I would like to see the XRT-55D Vulcan ship get added. I really like its design.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    nrobbiec wrote: »
    I would like to see the XRT-55D Vulcan ship get added. I really like its design.

That would be a very good one, though I wonder if CBS may be sitting on it.
  • nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    > @phoenixc#0738 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > That would be a very good one, though I wonder if CBS may be sitting on it.

With DSC heading to the 30-somsthingth century there is an opening for it to be in some sort of promotion or spotlight and make sense.

Hell they could even have one in DSC season 3 if they wanted. It'd be a bit old by that point but it'd be interesting to see a really futuristic ship like that or the Wells class treated as an outdated relic.
    Still gonna be interesting to see how a 23rd Century starship with an experimental drive will hold up in that time period. Her only advantage right now is the Spore Drive. Beyond that, she is woefully outclassed now. Unless like in Andromeda there was a backslide in tech level.
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Still gonna be interesting to see how a 23rd Century starship with an experimental drive will hold up in that time period. Her only advantage right now is the Spore Drive. Beyond that, she is woefully outclassed now. Unless like in Andromeda there was a backslide in tech level.

That's really the only way they could make sense out of it.

But given the TRIBBLE writing for ST:D, the ship will perform just fine in the 30th century. The monkeys who bang on the keyboards not realizing that it would essentially be the equivalent of pitting Christopher Columbus in his galleon against modern nuclear powered aircraft carriers, submarines, or missile cruisers (and that's only a 600 year difference - add another 100 years of technology on top of that!).
    They'd probably find some technobabble way to augment weapons and shields. After all, Federation technology, no matter which era, seems to be pretty adaptable. I mean look at Voyager during the Year of Hell. They were able to create effective Temporal Shielding to protect Voyager from the Annorax for the most part. The Enterprise-D was able to modulate her phaser arrays to actually hurt a Borg Cube in Best of Both Worlds.
    Hell... the TOS Enterprise was able to use a Romulan Cloak, and that was a hack job install with nothing but duct tape and a Scottish Miracle Worker!

I think that adapability is going to be the main advantage Discovery has. All the other powers they could encounter won't adapt to them. But at the same time they may underestimate her, or even just brush her off entirely.
    And that's assuming that whatever remains of Starfleet doesn't retrofit her with modernized weapons and defenses. Even in a diminished state, we know some form of the Federation exists still, which means there still has to be something resembling Starfleet. Even if its just one shipyard and a token defense fleet. A Spore Drive equipped Crossfield class with an evolving AI would be quite a shock to any hostile they encounter.

So honestly... we'll just have to wait and see.
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    They'd probably find some technobabble way to augment weapons and shields. After all, Federation technology, no matter which era, seems to be pretty adaptable. I mean look at Voyager during the Year of Hell. They were able to create effective Temporal Shielding to protect Voyager from the Annorax for the most part. The Enterprise-D was able to modulate her phaser arrays to actually hurt a Borg Cube in Best of Both Worlds.
    Hell... the TOS Enterprise was able to use a Romulan Cloak, and that was a hack job install with nothing but duct tape and a Scottish Miracle Worker!

I think that adapability is going to be the main advantage Discovery has. All the other powers they could encounter won't adapt to them. But at the same time they may underestimate her, or even just brush her off entirely.
    And that's assuming that whatever remains of Starfleet doesn't retrofit her with modernized weapons and defenses. Even in a diminished state, we know some form of the Federation exists still, which means there still has to be something resembling Starfleet. Even if its just one shipyard and a token defense fleet. A Spore Drive equipped Crossfield class with an evolving AI would be quite a shock to any hostile they encounter.

Again, even stacking modern weapons on a 700 year old design is ludicrous. Putting railguns and cruse missiles on Columbus's Santa Maria galleon doesn't suddenly make it as good as an Iowa-class battleship. The concept is insane - but that's par for course for ST:D writers.

30th century Starfleet would laugh at a request to 'upgrade' a 700 year vessel. They would either assign them to an existing ship and have that ship's crew bring the ST:D crew up to speed or sequester the ST:D crew, spend months retraining them, then assign them a new ship if they wanted to help them with whatever mission they were time traveling for.
  • starshine#7408 starshine Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    Its been pretty alluded to that Disco3 is going to a dark timeline, given its more TOS worldview where coperation and hope make right, itd be thematic for technology to stagnate without interspecies co-operation. Or just logistics of it, maybe in the dark future its single worlds doing stuff alone, so they dont have the industrial capacity or arms=race with mega empires to demand, having ships of that size.
    30th century starfleet aint nothing as the teaser made it pretty clear, there isn't a starfleet in the future they're hopping into.
    Its all speculation anyway, given how well season 2 and the mirrorverse in S1 was handled, I'm sure they'll do something cool and new while still thematic and fitting.
    Hopefully we see lots of cool dark future style ships for the game to include.
    Also the Captain Pike spin off should let us see Disco-era versions of TOS ships hopefully. Im very excited for it.

As to, what I'd change, really use ability to the UI

1. Icons on screen (toggable if you want) for the conditions currently told to the player through toon stance or camera, as they can hard to track after your character gets hit with a knockback or etc. (crouch(c) and aim(x) Icons I would especially like)
    2. back options in dialogue windows so if some pops up while you're picking up items you can't accidentally miss it.

Also more TOS era-esque romulan ships, or TOS era-esque skins for the modern romulan ships.
    TOS>LDS>DSC>VOY>DS9>PRO>ENT>TNG>PIC

Bring the Enterprise XCV-330 to STO
    A winter event on Andor instead of Q's Wonderland would be nice.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    > @captkelly31#5645 said:
    > A winter event on Andor instead of Q's Wonderland would be nice.

They'd probably come up with some lame a*s excuse that the physics of the place are wrong, that it has built in PVP coding which wouldn't sit well with the goings on of Q's Winter Wonderland, yadda, yadda, yadda. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

Again, even stacking modern weapons on a 700 year old design is ludicrous. Putting railguns and cruse missiles on Columbus's Santa Maria galleon doesn't suddenly make it as good as an Iowa-class battleship. The concept is insane - but that's par for course for ST:D writers.

30th century Starfleet would laugh at a request to 'upgrade' a 700 year vessel. They would either assign them to an existing ship and have that ship's crew bring the ST:D crew up to speed or sequester the ST:D crew, spend months retraining them, then assign them a new ship if they wanted to help them with whatever mission they were time traveling for.
    You know this is the same fictional universe where Picard nearly got killed repeatedly by technology centuries behind what he was using. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    ltminns wrote: »
    > @captkelly31#5645 said:
    > A winter event on Andor instead of Q's Wonderland would be nice.

They'd probably come up with some lame a*s excuse that the physics of the place are wrong, that it has built in PVP coding which wouldn't sit well with the goings on of Q's Winter Wonderland, yadda, yadda, yadda. :)

Who's to say that Q's Winter Wonderland is not on Andor somewhere? You go there by Q teleport and leave the same way, not to mention that the weapons and pets don't work outside of the zone of unreality so the Wonderland probably does not exist in between events.....
  • mikecobalt#1974 mikecobalt Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Bring back The Foundry. The possibilities are infinite; and considering what I saw of them plus some of the idea's here. No limit in Star Trek content. Just bring it back.
    edited August 2020
    That is the same plausibility problem the DSC ships have in STO. TOS ships make sense with their heavy armor since modern shields on top of that would be a very durable combination with minimal effort, but DSC ships use the same kind of window-riddled toilet-paper hulls as TNG which would mean a complete ripout and changeover to modern SIF and shield setups so I don't see how grabbing hulls from the irradiated shipyard really gets Starfleet much.

Discovery going even further down the timeline makes even less sense unless, as others suggested, they are in a serious lost-tech slump by the time Discovery gets there.

As for the Foundry, bringing it back would be great, it was one of the best unique features of the game, but that is not likely to happen. The Foundry was based on a different engine with completely different building tools and there is just no way in today's tightening online gaming market to justify a complete refactoring of it to put it on the current engine (and even if they did all those old scenarios would have to be adjusted to use the new engine and resource pool).

The only way I could see it becoming even faintly practical would be if Cryptic decided to move STO itself to a new engine and did it with an eye towards making a Foundry style function a part of it from the ground up.
  • starshine#7408 starshine Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    The blurbs, news updates and in game text on STO disco and TOS ships generally have them, not being the original ships but modern ships, inspired by, retrofitted or just, built from scratch, utilising the best of both modern and era design.
    TOS>LDS>DSC>VOY>DS9>PRO>ENT>TNG>PIC

Bring the Enterprise XCV-330 to STO
  • mikecobalt#1974 mikecobalt Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Bring back The Foundry. The possibilities are infinite; and considering what I saw of them plus some of the idea's here. No limit in Star Trek content. Just bring it back.

Discusson of the Foundry has been FCTed. Please don't get my thread closed. I miss Foundry, too, but they made it clear that there are no plans to bring it back. We need to simply accept that and move on.

Sorry, I didn't know that. I have been mostly absent since a certain time. This thread is valuable in showing what the members like and want. I surely didn't mean any harm in my post.
  • alanya1979alanya1979 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    need a simulator type thing for testing ship load outs, pick an enemy type, launch and fight, doesnt have to have any rewards. the kdf empire defense missions and the foundry filled this niche forever but now foundry is gone and empire defense missions seem to be inaccessible.
This discussion has been closed.