test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lag Hunting Data Submissions round 2

Comments

• Options
    doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,194 Arc User
    Honestly the "lag hunt" is been going on since over a year how long does it take to figure out what the problem is. Its nothing else but a tactic to keep pushing it out and out.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    Honestly the "lag hunt" is been going on since over a year how long does it take to figure out what the problem is. Its nothing else but a tactic to keep pushing it out and out.
    We proved what one of the main causes was 3 years ago and have been reporting it since. But somehow even after 100's of reports they don't have enough data :(
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Gotta remember that PWE is China based originally, there's a long track record there of denying facts that are as plain as day. They seem to think that by saying something different until they're blue in the face, and doing other less savory things, they can silence the blatantly obvious thing. *shrug*​​
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    PWE is not china-based, it is USA-based - the parent company is chinese​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    PWE is not china-based, it is USA-based - the parent company is chinese​​

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_World_Entertainment Perfect World Entertainment is a chinese-owned publisher. Also nice Marxist symbol in your signature.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Perfect World Entertainment, Inc.
    Type
    Gaming
    Industry Game developer and publisher
    Founded 2008
    Headquarters Redwood City, California, United States
    Parent Perfect World Games

(flame/troll material redacted) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    (response to redacted material removed) - darkbladejk

• Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,531 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Type
    Gaming
    Founded 2008

try again, dipshit​​

So you are saying because it has a physical address in the US i can't be Chinese owned? Wow. Not sure you might want delete the last part i think its against forum rules to call other people names but i could be wrong here again.

The problem seems to be differences in definition in a rather gray area to begin with. PWE is a US company based in the US but its controlling stock is owned by a Chinese holding company and so answers to them. Does that make it really a Chinese company? It is a good question that would kick around in courts for years or decades if it were to be taken to court for some reason.

But what does that have to do with lag hunting?
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Type
    Gaming
    Founded 2008

​​

So you are saying because it has a physical address in the US i can't be Chinese owned? Wow. Not sure you might want delete the last part i think its against forum rules to call other people names but i could be wrong here again.

The problem seems to be differences in definition in a rather gray area to begin with. PWE is a US company based in the US but its controlling stock is owned by a Chinese holding company and so answers to them. Does that make it really a Chinese company? It is a good question that would kick around in courts for years or decades if it were to be taken to court for some reason.

But what does that have to do with lag hunting?

Absolutely nothing. You are right. However as i stated before the "lag hunting" is been going on since a long time and rather seems like joke then something what has been taken seriously. I highly doubt that anybody is looking for solutions or they would have found it by now.

• Options
    sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    When it hits them in the wallet, they might wake up and fix it, but not until. I'm done giving them money to waste on little pretties, while the game has bugs and problem they won't fix.
    "Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
  • Options
    good thing no one's signatures contain politics then, since any educated person is well aware of the fact human rights have nothing to do with politics​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited August 2020
    i posted names i knew about - i can't post something i am unaware of the existence of, so it would need to be brought to my attention, either directly or via a secondhand source

not that this thread is for any of that - it's for submitting traceroutes so cryptic has evidence to bring to akamai showing their software is forking over cryptic's customers, yet given that i'm not afflicted by the issue, i don't see any further need to post here until i am​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited August 2020

Fun fact, that "marxist" symbol is the adopted symbol of the oppressed. Feminism, Black-power, librarians against DRM, Wisconsinites against/for (don't remember) changes in collective bargaining, and the Browncoats. (personally I'm against the scummy Browncoats, they wouldn't know a good show even if lasted longer than one season.....), and so many more.

Knowing history is fun!
    gHF1ABR.jpg
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,718 Community Moderator
    guy's knock it off with the name calling and similar in here. They've been given the information in here. It takes time to get a proper fix for things. If this were in the direct control of Cryptic, this could have been dealt with already, but they don't have direct control of it. Some folks in here need to understand a few things. Once again, Akamai is contracted by Cryptic's ISP and NOT by Cryptic themselves. Typically in situations like that Cryptic will be going through their ISP to speak to Akamai. Folks need to understand that it takes time to properly fix something like this. First Cryptic has to be able to show there is an issue to Akamai and their ISP. That was the purpose of providing the tracerts here. If it was just a few people with similar builds, then it could be dismissed as their rigs. Having a variety of rigs, variety of locations, and other factors to show them it's not just a few specific rigs. Knowing there is an issue, what that issue is, and how to fix it, are completely different things. If they were going to switch ISPs, they have to make sure that the new ISP doesn't use Akamai as well. If Akamai needs to adjust their software, then they have to do so in a way that doesn't open Cryptic up for a DDoS attack.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    I keep asking myself why am i still playing this game? The servers/connection to them are a mess.

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms ttrouter [192.168.1.1]
    2 * * * Request timed out.
    3 9 ms 8 ms 8 ms ae54-ner002.csm.as13285.net [78.144.1.19]
    4 11 ms 13 ms 16 ms ae54-scr101.loh.as13285.net [78.144.1.18]
    5 13 ms 13 ms 13 ms akamai.prolexic.com [195.66.224.31]
    6 12 ms 12 ms 12 ms po110.bs-b.sech-lon2.netarch.akamai.com [72.52.60.200]
    7 673 ms 369 ms 13 ms a72-52-1-157.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com [72.52.1.157]
    8 13 ms 13 ms 13 ms ae121.access-a.sech-lon2.netarch.akamai.com [72.52.60.205]
    9 * * * Request timed out.
    10 92 ms 94 ms 92 ms a209-200-171-102.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com [209.200.171.102]
    11 104 ms 97 ms 98 ms 198.49.243.237
    12 92 ms 98 ms 92 ms patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.184.200]
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • Options
    I am so so dam close to after 9 years of finally installing this game and saying I'm done with it. Running very low on patience with the consistent daily issues

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms ttrouter [192.168.1.1]
    2 * * * Request timed out.
    3 9 ms 9 ms 9 ms ae54-ner002.csm.as13285.net [78.144.1.19]
    4 11 ms 11 ms 11 ms ae54-scr101.loh.as13285.net [78.144.1.18]
    5 13 ms 15 ms 13 ms akamai.prolexic.com [195.66.224.31]
    6 13 ms 13 ms 13 ms po110.bs-b.sech-lon2.netarch.akamai.com [72.52.60.200]
    7 13 ms 15 ms 13 ms a72-52-1-199.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com [72.52.1.199]
    8 13 ms 18 ms 13 ms ae121.access-a.sech-lon2.netarch.akamai.com [72.52.60.205]
    9 * * * Request timed out.
    10 96 ms 93 ms 93 ms a209-200-171-102.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com [209.200.171.102]
    11 99 ms 94 ms 95 ms 198.49.243.237
    12 92 ms 93 ms 93 ms patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.184.200]
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Well I thought I may have reduced my rubberbanding by turning off the following in settings Shadows/Bloom Quality and Antialiasing as the servers seemed a lot smoother over the weekend. Still the odd bit of rubberbanding but nothing like I experienced the day before turning them off which was constantly rubberbanding every few minutes, game stalls/freezes and lag. But today we appear to be back to the rubberbanding every few minutes.

Really need to say F this game and look elsewhere as it will never ever improve under current ownership. Why do I say this well it's coming up to 3 years since the servers went to hell and F all has been done except lip service from our CM
  • Options
    galacticgoogalacticgoo Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    I hate to say this but I’m losing my confidence in Cryptic because of their actions(or lack of).

First, where is the Network Engineer? They should be all over this. Contrast the current lack of action to the last time there was a lag issue. Then, they showed charts and kept the customers informed. Plus a running dialog on what they found. Currently, nothing. It's obvious there is a major issue.

Second, why are non coders tasked with fixing software issues? The story we were given was the “Foundry” required someone (not a code slinger) to take several days to sync it up with the main code. Sounds like a job for an actual coder, you know, someone who can fix and streamline the process. Or currently, why is the Community Manager trying to fix a network issue?

Third, where's QA? With all the bugs, QA should have given birth to a Jersey Cow with all the bugs. There should be after-birth everywhere at Cryptic. There should be a pile of dead QA engineers in front of the CEO's door that have fallen on their sword rather than release buggy code.

Forth, the "we don't know how to fix it crutch" being used to not fix things is unacceptable. If any of my coders ever said that they would be making that final walk of shame to the parking lot with a box of their stuff. My team put satellites in orbit using a crappy Fortran compiler. With all the current modern tools and toys the kids of today have there is no excuse for the "we don't know how to fix it" baloney.

Bottom line Cryptic, your CEO owes us an apology for the state Cryptic is in and how you failed the engineers/artist that work on STO and the customers that have supported STO through the years.

• Options
    edited August 2020
    So... giving WTFast a trial to see if tricking Cryptic's ISP will reduce my rubberbanding/freezing and general crappy experience with this game which is 100%
    I hate to say this but I’m losing my confidence in Cryptic because of their actions(or lack of).

First, where is the Network Engineer? They should be all over this. Contrast the current lack of action to the last time there was a lag issue. Then, they showed charts and kept the customers informed. Plus a running dialog on what they found. Currently, nothing. It's obvious there is a major issue.

Second, why are non coders tasked with fixing software issues? The story we were given was the “Foundry” required someone (not a code slinger) to take several days to sync it up with the main code. Sounds like a job for an actual coder, you know, someone who can fix and streamline the process. Or currently, why is the Community Manager trying to fix a network issue?

Third, where's QA? With all the bugs, QA should have given birth to a Jersey Cow with all the bugs. There should be after-birth everywhere at Cryptic. There should be a pile of dead QA engineers in front of the CEO's door that have fallen on their sword rather than release buggy code.

Forth, the "we don't know how to fix it crutch" being used to not fix things is unacceptable. If any of my coders ever said that they would be making that final walk of shame to the parking lot with a box of their stuff. My team put satellites in orbit using a crappy Fortran compiler. With all the current modern tools and toys the kids of today have there is no excuse for the "we don't know how to fix it" baloney.

Bottom line Cryptic, your CEO owes us an apology for the state Cryptic is in and how you failed the engineers/artist that work on STO and the customers that have supported STO through the years.

Well said

It's a disgrace I'm having to look into VPN access which is against PWE T&C in order to bypass/trick Akamai into not throttling/treating my connection as hostile entity and causing rubberbanding/game stalling-freezes/Lag or SNR. Before Akamai came into play my connection to this game was near flawless.
    I think I've gone far beyond what a Customer should need to do in order to have a enjoyable playing experience.
    Post edited by ussvaliant2#1952 on
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    (flame/troll post removed) - darkbladejk
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    baudl wrote: »
    i posted names i knew about - i can't post something i am unaware of the existence of, so it would need to be brought to my attention, either directly or via a secondhand source

not that this thread is for any of that - it's for submitting traceroutes so cryptic has evidence to bring to akamai showing their software is forking over cryptic's customers, yet given that i'm not afflicted by the issue, i don't see any further need to post here until i am​​

i guess you watch the news to get only the details you want then? funny and a little one sided for your reply. i cant imagine you never saw news stories of children from 1yr old up to 11 getting shot down in cities in the past few months. or heck, how about the father gunned down while crossing the street holding his daughters hand? you had to of heard of him right?
    and yes, the thread is about something else, but your signature is not becoming of a gaming website and should be adjusted to reflect the STO game and not politics.

nice "whataboutism"... stick to the topic of the thread, plz. If the mods don't alter his signature, it ain't your problem, period.

On topic: This is insane...I don't think this is meant in good faith by the developers at this point. Asking the playerbase to submit detailed reports on their lags is basically an admission that they have abandoned the game in one form or the other. As others have stated already, some players have already given detailed explanations on the issue, yet somehow still nothing happened. And what about their in-house testing? QA? WAnna tell me they don't have these issues, while most players have it daily?
    I truly don't buy it, that they are still unable to identify the problem...it probably is burried so deep that this is simply "appeasement" at this point.

it is my problem. he fails to add the lost lives of all black people by black people during the aforementioned riots and looting. all in the name of the three people he listed. what about the black owners of the small businesses that were set ablaze or looted during this time? where is the justice for those people he fails to mention. thus his narrative and posting leans towards BLM promotion and Antifa promotion, heavy with racist tones. and thus shouldnt be in the forum signature per the rules. and dont try to tell me if the opposite was expressed it wouldnt be removed.

and talking about sticking to the topic...why then did you interject and renew the convo? kettle meet black.

I understand the stigma around his signature and I raised a eyebrow that would make a Vulcan proud with a certain name on it but it's best to let it lie. It's the decision of the Moderators as to whether they feel its offensive or in breech of T&C's and as the signature is still up they feel it is fine let's move on please
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    (derailing post removed) - darkbladejk
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    (flame/troll post removed) - darkbladejk
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,718 Community Moderator
    Guys keep focused on the point at hand. If you have an issue with the signature in question, direct it to the community manager. Otherwise it's out of my hands.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.