Options

Lag Hunting Data Submissions round 2

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    A PATCH is not going to fix this issue.
    The issue is not with the game, or with the server.
    For the billionth time, the issue is with the security software running on the ISP's side to protect REAL WORLD priority concerns.
    There is a problem with the game and server. While the security software is a big cause of lag and rubberbanding it is only half the problem. Myself and others have listed a number of lag areas that have absolutely nothing to do with the security software and are 100% the fault of Cryptic.

Acknowledged...

I redact my previous statement.
    The patch has half worked. None of the UI lag has been fixed. But the zone lag like the Voth battleground now work! While not good enough at least we are at last seeing progress. For the first time in years I ran around the Voth battlezone without lag problems.

Still see major lag from the skill page, endeavors and the powers UI which tanks FPS.
  • Options
    ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    That's a nasty tracert and this Akamai node 93.191.173.11 has been the Nemesis for years yet I ran through the Voth Battle zone dailies with no rubber banding. Fingers crossed it stays that way

Tracing route to patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.184.200]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms ttrouter [192.168.1.1]
    2 * * * Request timed out.
    3 9 ms 10 ms 10 ms ae54-ner002.csm.as13285.net [78.144.1.19]
    4 18 ms 12 ms 12 ms ae54-scr101.loh.as13285.net [78.144.1.18]
    5 13 ms 13 ms 12 ms akamai.prolexic.com [195.66.224.31]
    6 12 ms 12 ms 12 ms po110.bs-b.sech-lon2.netarch.akamai.com [72.52.60.200]
    7 13 ms 15 ms 13 ms a72-52-1-137.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com [72.52.1.137]
    8 15 ms 13 ms 13 ms ae121.access-a.sech-lon2.netarch.akamai.com [72.52.60.205]
    9 303 ms 271 ms 316 ms 93.191.173.11
    10 93 ms 93 ms 92 ms a209-200-171-102.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com [209.200.171.102]
    11 103 ms 95 ms 96 ms 198.49.243.237
    12 92 ms 92 ms 92 ms patchserver.crypticstudios.com [208.95.184.200]
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    Here's my own results with UI elements measured on a 3 year old laptop (Kabey Lake CPU, Pascal Discrete Graphics, 16 GB RAM) that's capped at 60 fps. 59 fps would be a perfect score.

Seems to be some differences depending upon which map I was on as well as when re-checking to see if the results were repeatable. Am only mentioning UI's that dropped me below 59 fps. Pretty sure I tried most of them. Everything was checked at least twice.

Non-sector space in orbit of ESD / Sector Space / Risa Summer Map

Accolade: 38-44 / 42-44 / 39-40 to 47-49 upon re-check

Doffing: 48-54 / 57 / 44-46 to 58-no change upon re-check

PvE: 53-54 / 55-57 / 47-48 to no change upon re-check

Fleet Roster List*: 35 / 36-38 / 50-53 to no change upon re-check

*Box showing offline members checked to show full list of members

Character + Inventory: 48-52 ESD ground only.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Today was the best the game has performed for me in a year.

I had one small rubber band very briefly in ESD, other then that I was smooth as silk. Did the Red Alert, some patrols, hit up the Badlands BZ, even ran around on Kobali just to test things and I was surprised by how well the game ran for me. My powers fired off, I wasn't snapped back to a previous point, enemies weren't 'lag jumping' anymore.. all was good.

I don't have these UI problems that some talk about, never did so I can't comment much on that. The closest I can get are the tray powers sometimes don't fire, that's been around since day 1 and I assume it's something we just have to live with. Often times I have to click an ability 2 or 3 times to get it to fire. It has always seemed the most common in Attack Patterns, but that's just been part of STO since at least 2014.

Overall, this patch was great for me, the game is actually playable again.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    How does increasing the size of my inventory window help with game lag, no offense, just curious. I can no longer thin it down to what I'm accustomed to. I remember the last lag patch did the same thing to the Seller window on ESD so now I can't align the number of items window with the accept button to speed up selling items that are more than one.

Lag still present in the Sphere Battlezone, but better.
  • Options
    How does increasing the size of my inventory window help with game lag

It doesn't. Nor was it intended to.
  • Options
    No idea what's up with the servers today but dear lord the game has been more rubber bandy with powers misfiring like confetti

After patch that was supposed to help with lag/rubber banding seemed ok for a few hours after the game came back up but since then it's got progressively worse
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    No idea what's up with the servers today but dear lord the game has been more rubber bandy with powers misfiring like confetti

After patch that was supposed to help with lag/rubber banding seemed ok for a few hours after the game came back up but since then it's got progressively worse

Yep, same here.. day of the patch I was smooth as silk.

Today it's back to the same ol' lag fest it's always been. I am not optimistic that this will ever be fixed, but I hope they keep trying.
  • Options
    shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User

When you say you're saying "powers misfiring like crazy" do you mean the tray abilities timing back everytime you try to activate them? Because that has been happening to me all day today.

"There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • Options
    edited October 2020

When you say you're saying "powers misfiring like crazy" do you mean the tray abilities timing back everytime you try to activate them? Because that has been happening to me all day today.

Yes that's precisely what's been happening. Was fighting a V-Rex last night and for about a minute I couldn't get a single ability to activate as it kept timing back.
    Post edited by ussvaliant2#1952 on
  • Options
    croupboicroupboi Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    Don't know if anyone else has mentioned this but one of my fleet friends told me to limit my fps to 30 to reduce the rubberbanding.
    It absolutely has worked for me
    Don't know if it would help anyone else or even help find what the issues are but thought it was worth the mention
  • Options
    croupboi wrote: »
    Don't know if anyone else has mentioned this but one of my fleet friends told me to limit my fps to 30 to reduce the rubberbanding.
    It absolutely has worked for me
    Don't know if it would help anyone else or even help find what the issues are but thought it was worth the mention

Thanks for the suggestion but it hasn't eliminated it for me sadly
  • Options
    Absolute disgrace how this game performs in 2020. It performed better 9 years ago. When you upgraded your infrastructure in 2016 it all went to pot. Whatever you attempted to do on the 1st of October has achieved nothing. In fact now the lag/game freezes/rubber-banding and ability misfires are even worse.

• Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Absolute disgrace how this game performs in 2020. It performed better 9 years ago. When you upgraded your infrastructure in 2016 it all went to pot. Whatever you attempted to do on the 1st of October has achieved nothing. In fact now the lag/game freezes/rubber-banding and ability misfires are even worse.
    Well it did work for almost 2 days. Now I get server not responding for 700+ seconds yet chat is still updating in real-time.
  • Options
    Super at the bank on Kobali Prime SNR/disconnected/too many login attempts now having to relaunch game. Pathetic
  • Options
    CRYPTIC YOU SUCK. KHITOMER ACCORD DONATRA IS DOWN TO 28% AND SERVER NOT RESPONDING/DISCONNECTED/LOG BACK IN/MAP TRANSFER TAKES AGES AND I'M PLACED BACK ON NEW ROMULUS. NO MARKS/DIL FOR MY ENDEAVOUR. 3 TIMES SINCE THE GAME CAME BACK UP I'VE BEEN DC'D WITH SNR

This discussion has been closed.