test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Discovery Operations Pack!

Comments

• wytlem1czewytlem1cze Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    ehh is there a reason i cant use consoles from avenger and arbiter battlecruisers on gagarin? that is a battlecruiser too, or that was overlooked and will be fixed?
  • rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    I have the Age Of Discovery Starter Bundle box in the inventory of the level 65 character I intended on opening it on, but I cannot open it. Since it is bound to character, I cannot move it. This character is a Discovery captain who leveled up in the Walker class ship. I did manage to gain most things through the C Store, but I still have no combat tardigrade. I can't find any threads with this problem, so I may be the only one who can't get all I paid for. Bummer.

No response from the forum support thread. Has the in game support even been fixed?
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    > @wytlem1cze said:
    > ehh is there a reason i cant use consoles from avenger and arbiter battlecruisers on gagarin? that is a battlecruiser too, or that was overlooked and will be fixed?

Generally, Consoles on T5 and T6 Ships are ship or ship type (Odyssey, Miracle Worker, etc.) bound. The Cardassian T6s an exception.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • wytlem1czewytlem1cze Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    > @wytlem1cze said:
    > ehh is there a reason i cant use consoles from avenger and arbiter battlecruisers on gagarin? that is a battlecruiser too, or that was overlooked and will be fixed?

Generally, Consoles on T5 and T6 Ships are ship or ship type (Odyssey, Miracle Worker, etc.) bound. The Cardassian T6s an exception.

I guessed so but than they should have to update console info. Clearly states equippable on any Starfleet Battlecruisers. By that statement it should have to apply on Gagarin and command battlecruisers too. See no reason why not. All of that are battlecruisers...
  • panicbutton5panicbutton5 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    When they announced this pack, and upon seeing the Shran, I was actually excited and thinking of getting it.
    After seeing the price . . .even with the discount . . .not so much.
    This pack works out to about 120 bucks after exchange rate and service charges.
    For what you get in it . . . nope. I think this time I will just pick out a couple things I really want. I am glad we have the option to do that at least.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It looks like the Gagarin Console should work on other Battlecrusiers. Have you tried as it doesn't list specific ships? If the Avenger or Arbiter Consoles can't be equipped on the Gagarin then it is a bug or they are getting too specific with ship types, as in Miracle Worker Battlecrusier or Command Battlecrusier is not the same as just plain old Battlecrusier.

If the latter, that is pretty lame.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • dexterbateman416dexterbateman416 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    Honestly while I'm not a fan of Disco, I do like the Bird of Prey just on looks alone, gives that vibe of "hey we stole some tech from the rommies!" I just love it.
    I don't take sides, I work angles. More choices that way.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    ltminns wrote: »
    It looks like the Gagarin Console should work on other Battlecrusiers. Have you tried as it doesn't list specific ships? If the Avenger or Arbiter Consoles can't be equipped on the Gagarin then it is a bug or they are getting too specific with ship types, as in Miracle Worker Battlecrusier or Command Battlecrusier is not the same as just plain old Battlecrusier.

If the latter, that is pretty lame.

It's not a bug.. it's just another victim of ambiguous naming.

When they say that the Arbiter Console is 'equippable on any starfleet battlecruiser' that doesn't mean what it says at all. It means it can be equipped on any of 'that type' of battlecruiser. Therefore, the console can only be equipped on the Arbiter or the Avenger, it does not work on the Gagarin.

It's exactly what you said, it's too much ambiguity with naming. The Arbiter is a 'Federation Battlecruiser,' the Presidio is a 'Command Battle Cruiser' and the Gagarin is a 'Miricle Worker Battlecruser.' None of the items are usable on the others.

It has long been a problem with this game and it's a problem that they make worse year after year. They're not going to fix this as they don't consider it broken. They consider it the buyers fault even though it clearly isn't.

As for the Cyborg Boff, it is an account unlock either in the pack or when purchased individually. According to Kael on the live stream earlier this week, they made the change but did not yet have time to update the in game description.

The Cyborg Boff is an account unlock either way. The C-Store description is incorrect.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    I'm tagging @nommo#5819 because it's his list that I'm answering, but I'm not singling him out. This info is good for anyone.

1) Uh, yeah we do know. The evidence is seen right there in the changes that were made to the account-wide unlocks and discount for those who had already purchased the Starter Pack after all the protestations.

2) So, you want to discuss moderation? Why? So that we can go round and round and derail the thread? This is why we don't discuss moderation. If you have a problem with me and how I do my job, please, contact Kael. And honestly, that goes for anyone.

3) The terms "shady" and "bait and switch" and "unethical" and other such terms do border on criminal accusations. No one has any evidence to support such accusations, just their own feelings on the matter. All of this falls within the definition of flaming against Cryptic, as the accusations amount to insults against how they do business. The EP was even named in some posts as being guilty of this. You don't like how they market a product? Fine, speak up and/or don't buy. But don't come to this forum and hurl insults and accusations. It's flaming and will be dealt with as such.

4) Again, the evidence that it did is right there. A product was presented. People protested. Changes were made. If you "feel" like something else is/was going on, that's on you, but there is no evidence to support your "feeling" on the matter. All it does is serve to stir up more discontent and negativity with such conspiracy theories.

You want to support the game? Great! But you don't do that by insulting and accusing the devs of being underhanded and lying. You want them to engage more with the community? Great! They actually want to, but how about you be more positive in the way that YOU engage with the community? There are ways of expressing displeasure without being combative and insulting and making unfounded accusations.

At the end of the day, I'm just trying to preserve the peace.

1) What would've been impressive is after breaking a precedent of previously account-wide unlocks initially only being once per a character with this pack then Cryptic waiting & changing back to the precedent would've been an explanation & same for the Starter Pack discount. Was it just an over-sight easily explained or was there some intent? It is a valid question & the mere reaction of the changes after the concerns are voiced don't signify evidence neither way it just shows their was a reaction.

2) I will state I have little concern with your moderation whether I agree or disagree. I look at it as your yard your advantage, but just like I've previously sent you when you've censored if you included the example(s) & the why it would benefit possibly you in the long-run & me & any one else you "edit" or "delete". Not only punitive but educational too, but I also understand that might require more effort/work

3) Now parsing words with "border on criminal" instead of just "criminal". " Fine, speak up and/or don't buy. But don't come to this forum and hurl insults and accusations." Just like in 1) up above just because it was changed to what I, & I think many seem more favourable, doesn't mean we wouldn't mind knowing why this sequence of events happened like this. Yes, we don't have to know which is very true but I'd think when asked that would be an opportunity to engage with the community discussing any & all positives or negatives & reasons why. I have to show my ignorance here, what is that title "EP"? Did I target this "EP"?

4) "Again, the evidence that it did is right there. A product was presented. People protested. Changes were made. If you "feel" like something else is/was going on, that's on you, but there is no evidence to support your "feeling" on the matter. All it does is serve to stir up more discontent and negativity with such conspiracy theories." The only evidence is that there was a change. That change doesn't prove or disprove yours, mine, or anyone's suspected intent of why the change happened. Again, an engagement of discussion probably would've been beneficial citing any reasoning, that can build confidence right there.

"I'm tagging @nommo#5819 because it's his list that I'm answering, but I'm not singling him out. This info is good for anyone."
    "You want to support the game? Great! But you don't do that by insulting and accusing the devs of being underhanded and lying. You want them to engage more with the community? Great! They actually want to, but how about you be more positive in the way that YOU engage with the community? There are ways of expressing displeasure without being combative and insulting and making unfounded accusations."

I do think you are singling me out here, so you're saying one thing then doing another, but I don't mind that. I think your big capitalized "YOU" makes that pretty clear. I also think if you glance through-out my posts, even of this particular incident & pack I've made positive remarks in the past, presently, & in the future if allowed. Perhaps they're just not up to your standard, BMR, but I have made positive remarks so please recheck. I try to find a balance with positive & negative because I think both are valuable. It is true I have no evidence if I think Cryptic changed back what had been normal account-wide unlocks & the reasoning why? What I have is my speculation. A change occurred, & I think for the better, but that change isn't proof one way or the other & stating such is unfounded. I'm not privy to any insider info. so I can't just, "ask" & get a direct answer like you.

"There are ways of expressing displeasure without being combative and insulting and making unfounded accusations." I agree & it is something I always have to work-on, maybe all of us, but I'd definitely ask you to do the same too since what I'm reading I don't think your following your own advice. You're the Community Moderator.

Overall, I'm just glad with the outcome so far. The tardigrade combat pet is a perfect example though. Some have already bought, maybe multiple, & even though it has been said it will be account-wide given this incident, & for me it is more about the sequence of events involved with the incident not the pet. For players that have bought multiple that will be wasted $. I wouldn't buy this pack until it actually changed to account-wide compared to buying with fingers-crossed, but that's just me. A lot of subjectivity comes with typed words versus vocally discussing things. As a consumer though buying something like this pack has precedent to other previous packs so we naturally compare & weigh the value then decide. What clears this up are accurate details in the descriptions & when there are concerns/questions getting responses even if we don't like the response. I do think this would've gone a lot smoother as a released pack if it had been released with account-wide unlocks from the get go like previous packs.

• wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Absolutely no idea where to find my T'Kuvma uniform. I read that there's supposed to be a separate category for it but I can't find it.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    You know, I saw the in game render of this ship and I gotta say, I kinda like it. Not as a klingon or hell even a star trek ship mind you...but has a necromonger style ship, it is quite nice looking. I always have a soft spot for those style of ships. No romulan...so still not getting squat...but if I wasn't on strike, the T6 vorcha and this ship would definitely have been mine. Also that trait would be so much troll in kerrat with a BC.

Yeah, they are different....but do they looking like anything else?

I think the Discovery ship designers wanted people to look at these ships and say: These are the Star Trek Discovery ships! You know, UNIQUE to Star Trek.

And. I assume, they wanted it to have a familiar feel to older ships in the brand, but had to take it that far out and away from what already existed every where else to give Discovery its own signature look. ????

Now, I don't play many video games...nor been keeping up with movies much in recent years...

But I am not hearing people say things like that kinda looks like such and such from such and such video game or such and such movie or (sadly) looks like a toilet brush.....

It is a good thing.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    wilv wrote: »
    Absolutely no idea where to find my T'Kuvma uniform. I read that there's supposed to be a separate category for it but I can't find it.
    On either the Head or Uniform tabs in the tailor you will see in the upper right of the part where you choose costume parts a dropdown list, by default it's usually set to "Uniform" for Boffs.

No idea why this can't be a uniform, but well that's what it is.

Also, the Qugh is popular enough that I was able to snap this shot in orbit of Qo'noS.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    @coldnapalm LOL! Well, I thought wrong. Big time! LOL!
    I will look up your link when I get back on my computer.

It all looks new and different to me. :)

It made sense, in my mind, they would want to make it stand out as being the new Star Trek. And I assumed that was why they made those choices.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    Also, the Qugh is popular enough that I was able to snap this shot in orbit of Qo'noS.

Oh goodness, markhawkman....all the comments I read so far are very positive for those Miracle Worker ships. I haven't had time to view all the You Tube videos landing in my inbox, though...for the details.

• captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 894 Arc User
    I really hope they allow the Federation BOFF to use other uniform parts. I've picked it up anyway, but will not be using it very much at all if I can't put her in the same uniform as my other bridge officers. I'm assuming this is an oversight and will be fixed eventually.
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    The stats for those ships are good. I MUCH prefer the feddie bear version tho for looks. I still think the KDF one is wierd...and not in a good way.

Hmmm... I wonder where Discovery will go with the "skeleton fish" looking concept.
    That is what those ships in the link you sent me to look like: skeleton of fishes.

They wouldn't use that for Romulan, would they?

The Qugh in markhawkman's picture reminds me of the shape on those Sarcophagus ones, when you see it from the top. Which end is the front?

What is that helmet that the Fed BOFF is wearing??? I keep seeing on the loading screen??

where2r1 wrote: »
    What is that helmet that the Fed BOFF is wearing??? I keep seeing on the loading screen??
    The in-game lore is that it's kinda like Geordi's visor or something.
    The Qugh in markhawkman's picture reminds me of the shape on those Sarcophagus ones, when you see it from the top. Which end is the front?
    Well this is a pic of the place the game dumps you when you beam up while in first city, and AFAIK all the ships are facing the same way. :p So front is the side facing towards the top-right corner. (also unless my guess is wrong, the pic has, 4 Qugh, a Sarcophagus, a Tadaari, a Qin, and a Tarantula)
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • aelwulf1aelwulf1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I really hope they allow the Federation BOFF to use other uniform parts. I've picked it up anyway, but will not be using it very much at all if I can't put her in the same uniform as my other bridge officers. I'm assuming this is an oversight and will be fixed eventually.

I noticed this as well and was a bit surprised. Knock on wood...

The in-game lore is that it's kinda like Geordi's visor or something.
    What is it used for?
    (also unless my guess is wrong, the pic has, 4 Qugh, a Sarcophagus, a Tadaari, a Qin, and a Tarantula)

LOL! I have no clue what any of those ships look like by the name. I am NOT a ship woman!

I had problems with identification of the silhouettes of tanks and aircraft, too. In the Army I was supposed to be able to identify friendlies from enemies. I would be dead if I had to figure that out on the fly...without the flash cards.

Would learn faster, though.

• wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    On either the Head or Uniform tabs in the tailor you will see in the upper right of the part where you choose costume parts a dropdown list, by default it's usually set to "Uniform" for Boffs.

I know where it's supposed to be. I looked there before posting. That's the problem. It's not there.

I know where it's supposed to be. I looked there before posting. That's the problem. It's not there.
    Ah, that, the costume category is broken now, but here's where it's supposed to be:
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

Disco pilot had a bridge officer that was wearing it.

879ccca12f880e8e34d97b2c6ff17a07.jpg
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    Well I went and bought the pack. As I did it with converted dilithium it didn't cost a penny, now all I need is another Phoenix event to bring the exchange rate back down.
  • knochengeigerknochengeiger Member Posts: 89 Arc User

I can't help it, it totally looks like a parking meter to me, even has the little exit for the change coins / parking ticket.
    It should have a placate buff, because the oponents will spend a lot of attention searching for the slot to insert the coins...
    We want to keep the foundry.
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I have to wonder how often she gets pranked off hours by people sticking magnets to her head or playing the drums on her.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!

So, an "extra" in the background was wearing it for a scene (or two) in the Pilot of Discovery. Never gave an explanation for it or what it is used for. At least, not yet?

Interesting...they paired it with a Tactical vest for Feds in the game....in this picture she is not wearing it. At least, not from what I can tell.

This discussion has been closed.