What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Discovery Operations Pack!

191011121315»

Comments

• themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Disco pilot had a bridge officer that was wearing it.

879ccca12f880e8e34d97b2c6ff17a07.jpg

So, an "extra" in the background was wearing it for a scene (or two) in the Pilot of Discovery. Never gave an explanation for it or what it is used for. At least, not yet?

Interesting...they paired it with a Tactical vest for Feds in the game....in this picture she is not wearing it. At least, not from what I can tell.

She's not. The tactical vest was added to the BOFF because of the overwhelming demand for it. My guess is that they did it to give the players the vest without having to add it in as a separate uniform part in the pack.

Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • geezerpunkgeezerpunk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    I am still torn on this, buy buying it, or the ships in the C-Store; we need to incentivize Cryptic to add more to the C-store and rely less on loot boxes and other cash-grab methods. I would love to see a model where lobi are offered in store. therefore all ships are somehow purchasable through the store.

But unfortunatly like most developers, I am afraid that we have to pull them away from the lootboxes kicking and screaming. The first step of that is supporting what they do offer in the C-store.

That is why I am torn.
    I have been watching Discovery, but not digging into everything about the show, like I did for the other series. So my information may be lacking, but the helmet has not really been defined in the show all that much. Except that it is a high speed interface to the ship. It is apparently only the one person that uses it, so weather it is to make up for a disability or what hasn't really been gone into on the show.

I also don't know if there are people assigned to other ships using similar helmets as an experiment, or if it is only on the Discovery. I just kind of view it as a Federation experiment in trying to link an officer directly to the ship for faster response time.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Doesn't cost a penny?

7,350 Zen for the fully discounted Pack. At current Exchange rates that is about 2.4 million Dilitium. About 300 Character days worth of refinement. How many hours did it take to accumulate that?

That times $10 an hour is the cost. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Doesn't cost a penny?

7,350 Zen for the fully discounted Pack. At current Exchange rates that is about 2.4 million Dilitium. About 300 Character days worth of refinement. How many hours did it take to accumulate that?

Not as many as you might think- for one thing I bought my Zen during the last Phoenix event when the dil exchange rate was far more favourable. ;)

For another I have 11 (now 12) active toons all having healthy reserves of dilithium ore thanks mostly to the admiralty system.

It'll be a while before I get to the contents though, have a bunch of prior masteries to claim first! :D
  • blastenblaster1blastenblaster1 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Has it been stated when the sale on the Discovery Op pack will end? I'd to know for budget planning and I ant find the end date anywhere ? I hop im not blind
    No, they never gave an end date.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Doesn't cost a penny?

Yah across all my toons I can pull 6k-7k zen a month just doing admiralty. So 30 min a day to run through them all over say 45 days, is maybe 22 hours playing a game I already play. Just took 30 min out of my game play to get "free" dilithium/zen. So doesn't cost a penny. If you were JUST logging on to farm dilithium, I guess......22 hours worth of my time. But since I'm playing for an hour or two every day, its for all intents and purposes free zen.

Still wasn't worth it to get the pack. Bad deal compared to what's been released before.
    Well I finally got the money saved up, but the sale price is gone. Oh well; I can go buy some audio equipment if they don't want me to buy it.
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    geezerpunk wrote: »
    Well I finally got the money saved up, but the sale price is gone. Oh well; I can go buy some audio equipment if they don't want me to buy it.

On the plus side, the Phoenix Event always causes the exchange rate to drop so if you have the dil, now is the time to buy! :D
  • ecksoneecksone Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    (Flaming/Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    Yes, some person believes that 35 years ago, a person from CBS (can't really recall who, when, or where) showed up and stole the Tardigrade concept from them. :(
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • masonhunt19masonhunt19 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Hi I don’t know if this has been asked but since the players on pc have already received the option to buy the discovery operations bundle when are players on both Xbox one and PS4 going to get it? Thank you.
  • psytce0002psytce0002 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    nommo#5819 wrote: »

Cryptic plans to make the combat pet account wide so buy now & cross your fingers?

Was this on the live stream, I watched most of it but never heard this statement and the pack still states it's once per account?
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11084823-the-discovery-operations-pack!

Yeah, Kael said on the live stream that they will eventually make the combat pet an account unlock.

Still, I wouldn't go buying anything until it's actually done. A verbal intent on a live stream isn't enough when you're talking the type of outrageous price this pack costs. Buy at your own risk, but if you want the combat pet for your account you should wait until it's actually implemented. If that takes until the sale is over, then fine.. skip it.

Just remember the Starter Pack Bait and Switch scam.. you're not working with a company that's afraid to skirt the line when it comes to their customers. Keep that in mind before you type in a credit card number.

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,900 Arc User
    ...Kael said on the live stream that they will eventually make the combat pet an account unlock.
    Has anyone noticed if that has happened yet?
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    From folks I've talked to in game, it is still a single character unlock. I don't know how long it's been since it was 'said' it'd be made an account unlock, but I'd guess more than a month at this point. They really need to live up to their word and get it done.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
This discussion has been closed.