Star Trek Online: Age of Discovery

Comments

• sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    *shocked gasp*
    TARDIGRADES!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTfAb9Yrz_c
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Can people stop bringing this up now? Its a case of parallel development. Why would a large corporation even know ANYTHING about some Indie Developer who hasn't even released a playable demo, let alone the full game?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    I hope the game has an explanation for the horrible redentions of Klingons as portrayed in the CBS show. Please leave the Klingons in the proper canon of the Trek Universe.

Really - Which ONE standard of the canon 'Klingon look™' should they adhere to?
    main-qimg-c6de47165a9f504f9c27cfc72423483f
    Klingon-eras.jpg?quality=90&lb=620,413&background=white
    :D
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Kael said on last weeks Wednesday stream that there is a big tribble patch coming "Soon"

I'm guessing AoD testing.
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Well the one good thing I am looking forward to with Age of Discovery is finally getting those golden power armour suits/weapons. Probably will end up as lobi item. Which means I'll have to grind like crazy to get them on multiple characters.
    If we ever get another mirror arc I hope they finally sell use a dang I.S.S. Prefix. All this mirror content but you can't really complete the space barbie ship without the big dagger logo on the front saucer hull with Imperial prefix.

I also hope they continue eventually with more VIL episode/content. (I am still holing out for that playable votra scientist).​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    I hope the game has an explanation for the horrible redentions of Klingons as portrayed in the CBS show. Please leave the Klingons in the proper canon of the Trek Universe.

I guess all of them (more barbie). Honestly though I will never get used to the Uruk-hai Klingons. Hopefully they resemble little more like the ones from the previous established shows once S2 is out.​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    protoneous wrote: »
    okay, having read a whole bunch of posts, I feel I can comment on this now.
    1] I haven't watched ST:Dis, fact is with where I live (Canada) I cant! (service not available here)
    [...]
    You can. In Canada you can watch Discovery as well as all the other Star Trek shows on Crave TV ( a streaming service similar to Netflix). There are other options as well.

I watch it on Space, Bell Canada's ScyFy (or however that channel's spelled). It was part of the Basic Package from the cable network I use.

Man, I wish they didn't do the Talking Dead thing with the 'aftershow' thing. I watched it a couple times, and it was overly loud, overtop and annoying. I heard they are changing things for the aftershow, probably part of the shake-up in the production of Star Trek: Discovery, so hopefully it'll change for the better.
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »

the one that has actual facial expressions, rather than being an obvious mask?

I like the first two of the larger pictures. To be able to articulate facial expressions. The outfits as well, appear to allow for much more freedom in mobility. The third one looks like something is backed up from being sealed in by the heavy suit/mask. Some fracking with a laxative aid and offered Squatty Potty might help break the seal on that.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Well the one good thing I am looking forward to with Age of Discovery is finally getting those golden power armour suits/weapons. Probably will end up as lobi item. Which means I'll have to grind like crazy to get them on multiple characters.
    Yeah you know it's a matter of time before that gets in.
    If we ever get another mirror arc I hope they finally sell use a dang I.S.S. Prefix. All this mirror content but you can't really complete the space barbie ship without the big dagger logo on the front saucer hull with Imperial prefix.

I also hope they continue eventually with more VIL episode/content. (I am still holing out for that playable votra scientist).​​
    Or Karemma, the one mission established that the Karemma are a full dominion member. I'd rather play Vorta though.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    The only race I would be interested in playing as on the Dom side would be the Breen and I wouldn't care less if you can't remove the suit nor do much customization, I would still play as one.
  • rumbleprumblep Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    concidering CBS is now in a law suit over this show, id personally advise not doing this particular expansion any further... seems somebody borrowed ideas without permission.
    -Captain Saffrin
    Federation 12th Cavalry
    Deep Space 19/USS Montana
    rumblep wrote: »
    concidering CBS is now in a law suit over this show, id personally advise not doing this particular expansion any further... seems somebody borrowed ideas without permission.
    You didn't pay much attention to the case did you? It's paper thin from what's been shown so far, and launched by a creator whose creation isn't particularly innovative.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Here's a link to the Ten Forward thread, this alleged controversy is off topic to an STO discussion.
    Though don't be so complacent as to take the OP at face value.

The case (should it ever be filed) has no apparent weight, the game has been critically misrepresented (speaking as someone who's reviewed the primary source material himself and noted what the dates are for the various teasers of this unreleased game, this is pretty damn basic) by those with a vested interest in the story and its amplification. The chances of it having a material impact on this game are likewise moot (or at the very least highly presumptuous) even in the event of a successful challenge. The indie dev involved makes no claim to the DSC era, factions, events, or most of its characters, only 6 points of convergence irrespective of their context (both absolute and internal.)

For funsies, try the same between Star Wars and Isaac Asimov's Foundation series and see where permissible references [coupled with plausible timing and mass exposure] can take you!
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • imperatorpaveliimperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    The case (should it ever be filed)

Snipped most of Duncan's reply cause I'm only responding to this bit. There has been a court case filed, actually, should be a response from CBS within the next few weeks (they have 20 days to reply). I think the case has little merit myself.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User

ichaerus1 wrote: »

I like the first two of the larger pictures. To be able to articulate facial expressions. The outfits as well, appear to allow for much more freedom in mobility. The third one looks like something is backed up from being sealed in by the heavy suit/mask. Some fracking with a laxative aid and offered Squatty Potty might help break the seal on that.

well, supposedly they're changing the look yet again. Maybe the next version of Klingons won't look like "Man in a rubber fetish outfit" or sound like they're speaking their lines through half of a ballgag, but I'm not betting on it. They're probably just going to add acrylic hair to the latex bodysuit.

I saw a side-by-side pic of what's supposed to be the second season 'correction' of the Klingons. Whether it was an actual pic or it was photo-shopped, I don't know. But the only change I could see was a wig and facial hair. Everything else, including the peripheral vision-blocking nose that Discovery Klingons unfortunately suffer from, remained the same.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    ichaerus1 wrote: »

well, supposedly they're changing the look yet again. Maybe the next version of Klingons won't look like "Man in a rubber fetish outfit" or sound like they're speaking their lines through half of a ballgag, but I'm not betting on it. They're probably just going to add acrylic hair to the latex bodysuit.

Always felt like Joan River's talking...since she had the skin so tight on her face, she could barely emote o.o
    Mayne these klingons had a really bad cosmetic surgeon?
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    peripheral vision-blocking nose
    Close your left eye and check to see how much you can see by looking to the left out of your right eye. Probably not much.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    valoreah wrote: »
    kind of what I figured. Hetrick's tossed out like four different, contradictory defenses so far for the Redesign, and the only thing that's consistent (other than the frozen face expression and arthritic, stuntman-trapped-in-a-body-tournequet movement) is that they're not going to spend more money on yet another genuine redesign-they're committed to the Orky asthetics and actor-suffocating rubber suits.
    Which is exceptionally lame as Hetrick has disparaged some of the makeups on Face-Off for being "too thick and mask like... the actors can't emote through them." I guess his own rules don't apply to him. Slapping a wig on that makeup isn't going to make it any better.
    If you paid enough attention you'd notice that this is not a hard rule on "Face Off". It's one of many things Hetrick considers undesirable. Also it's a matter of degree. The ones he mentions as a problem are typically REALLY bad about it. Either that or he's nitpicking because he has to find a reason to say one of the two is better than the other and both are actually quite good. Seriously, the LOSERS on Face Off sometimes get jobs working in Hollywood.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    valoreah wrote: »
    If you paid enough attention you'd notice that this is not a hard rule on "Face Off". It's one of many things Hetrick considers undesirable. Also it's a matter of degree. The ones he mentions as a problem are typically REALLY bad about it. Either that or he's nitpicking because he has to find a reason to say one of the two is better than the other and both are actually quite good. Seriously, the LOSERS on Face Off sometimes get jobs working in Hollywood.
    Let's be honest here - Hetrick's new Klingon makeup is just as thick and mask-like (if not more so) as some of the makeups he criticized on Face-Off.
    AHAHAHAAHAH..... No it really isn't. Honestly the only way for you to prove the point is to show an example.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing