What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tier 6 26th Century Heavy Dreadnoughts

Comments

• Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    That Romulan one is gorgeous.

Guess I'll have to s see if I can hit the jackpot in 4 tries or less a fourth time ;).
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    lordgyor wrote: »
    I'll point out my Chronos is a Temporal Cruiser from the 31st century making it far more advanced.

We have 25th, 26th, 29th, and 31st century ships that are matched our even outdone by 23rd century ships...from our and another timeline...your point is?
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Nice to see the last ship CBS originally staid "No!" to (aka the "Enterprise J"), finally make it into the game.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    I does leave one with the question of why?

The only thing I can think of is that the best, most dangerous toys are absent or reduced in power to protect the timeline, it's one thing to arm the past to defend it's, self from future attacks,, it's another to give it so much advanced tech that it causes a disaster in the timeline.
  • Options
    luddimusluddimus Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    who will be the first to make the J TRIBBLE 'n'roll outside ESD?
  • Options
    luddimusluddimus Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    oh wow a male chicken or a frenchman makes the filter, who knew?
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    luddimus wrote: »
    who will be the first to make the J **** 'n'roll outside ESD?

I will once I can get one :D
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    nikephorus wrote: »
    The Enterprise-D could totally ram into the J's warp engine and destroy that ugly pancake of DOOM!

Yeah ...didnt realize the butt ugly Enterprise D looked like a "pancake"...more like an upside down vacuum cleaner to me. Probably the "D" is the worst ship design ever. Perhaps the guy who drew that had someone beat the living daylights of out him before he put that into paper :D

J is uglier and I'm glad. I think it's hideous. Otherwise I might be annoyed that it's in a promo pack.

Sorry dude the D was beat up with the real ugly stick. The J is the future ship concept and whether you like it not, its looks are much more advanced futuristic. Then again beauty is in the eye of the beholder. One man's trash is another's beauty :)
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    It's a good thing I didn't give 2 s--ts about the TOS dreads.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Nice to see the last ship CBS originally staid "No!" to (aka the "Enterprise J"), finally make it into the game.

It's all about the dollar, gotta go get them dollars! Of course they were going to be added eventually...Cryptic just waited for the right time to add them instead of just adding them completely randomly as a obvious cash grab.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    So you believed that CBS was the boogeyman for all these 'can't put that in-game'? You know better since last Summer now, don't you. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    CBS has never said that. The endgame TOS/TMP Conni was the only ship they initially said no to. That's the only stipulation Cryptic have ever told us (other than no playable Androids). No other ship has ever been under embargo.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Gross.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    The Enterprise-D could totally ram into the J's warp engine and destroy that ugly pancake of DOOM!

Yeah ...didnt realize the butt ugly Enterprise D looked like a "pancake"...more like an upside down vacuum cleaner to me. Probably the "D" is the worst ship design ever. Perhaps the guy who drew that had someone beat the living daylights of out him before he put that into paper :D

J is uglier and I'm glad. I think it's hideous. Otherwise I might be annoyed that it's in a promo pack.

Sorry dude the D was beat up with the real ugly stick. The J is the future ship concept and whether you like it not, its looks are much more advanced futuristic. Then again beauty is in the eye of the beholder. One man's trash is another's beauty :)

Eye of the beholder and all that... I think it's ugly and looks like they took a federation ship and then ran it over with a rolling pin.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    All 3 faction 26th Cent Dread look interesting. The dilemma for me is deciding which one, or maybe multiple, maybe 2? The Romulan one looks great, almost as majestic as this:
    g3f12gZ.jpg
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    All 3 faction 26th Cent Dread look interesting. The dilemma for me is deciding which one, or maybe multiple, maybe 2? The Romulan one looks great, almost as majestic as this:
    g3f12gZ.jpg

~squees~
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Am I the only one who thinks the KDF version is the best looking of the lot?

I'd say second best only because the Romulan one has that raptor theme going for it. No way I'm going for these though, I'm tired of gambling for ships after I tried my luck for a T6 TOS Connie.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    A quick size comparison

universe.png

:#:*:s

Those who get it should get lots of visitors flying around the ship trying to judge it size.
    OPv9m3F.jpg
  • Options
    vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    It will be interesting to see what size scale they went with. Probably the same scale as the J in the Battle of Procyon.
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • Options
    vampeiyre wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see what size scale they went with. Probably the same scale as the J in the Battle of Procyon.

We have ships that should be much larger but since we can't have them clogging up sector space, they're small now. The JHDC for instance should be far larger.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Best pack EVER! So thrilled and saving money to get me one of these :D
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    I like them all, but the Romulan Valkis is definitely my favourite. <3
  • Options
    vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
    edited March 2017

We have ships that should be much larger but since we can't have them clogging up sector space, they're small now. The JHDC for instance should be far larger.

Oh yes, indeed. This is why I'm betting on the Procyon queue scale, as that's much smaller than a few miles long, clearly.
    Post edited by vampeiyre on
    "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User

Oh yes, indeed. This is why I'm betting on the Procyon queue scale, as that's much smaller than a few miles longe, clearly.

I can't imagine it being super huge since it would make it hard to play certain queues and missions... I mean look at the breach event. If it was scaled properly it wouldn't fit into the access tunnels.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    borgified007borgified007 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    10 beam arrays fore and aft. Turn rate 2
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    i quite like the romulan design, though I am personally holding out for a 31'st century carrier. Let it use the Mobious/wells ships as hanger-pets would be really nice to see done.
  • Options
    solarwraithsolarwraith Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Is this a very early April Fools joke? The E-J is huge. . . They finally jumped the shark.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I hope this doesn't mean Tier 7 ships next.
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User

Oh yes, indeed. This is why I'm betting on the Procyon queue scale, as that's much smaller than a few miles longe, clearly.

I can't imagine it being super huge since it would make it hard to play certain queues and missions... I mean look at the breach event. If it was scaled properly it wouldn't fit into the access tunnels.

The sizing issue has been brought up on Twitter.
    One of the ship designers has already flat-out said that the ships, which are all roughly the same size as each other, are in fact the proper size.
    Meaning, the Universe class is not scaled down from what we see the Enterprise-J at in the Procyon missions.
    They were apparently tested on all maps, even those deemed "claustrophobic" and still can move about said spaces unimpeded, more or less.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well if they don't have an R&D Pack sale for this Promotion, they can forget it from me.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns