test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What would you nerf?

Comments

• hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Cheesy temporal traits. Did I already say that? Well, I find that I agree with myself.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    I'd wouldn't so much nerf any one thing. But they are taking the right step with what they are doing. They're trying to bring balance to the abilities without actually having to nerf the classes,

What I would do here is take all the gear, and remove it from the fleets and put it all in special projects in R&D. Since a fleet is suppose to be like a guild. A gathering of people attempting to accomplish a shared goal. Not, meh, I just want the gear. The fleets can keep the ships, all the other gear, however, needs to be kicked out. Locking gear behind reputations was bad enough. It even worse when you lock it behind a "you must join a fleet" wall. Your Faction is your Fleet.

After this, I'd lock Starship traits to their respective starships. You want to use that starship trait, then use that starship. I would do the same to kit modules/abilities. You want to use a temporal operative kit mod, then you have to have temporal operative set as an active primary or secondary. This means for the player to use said abilities, they have to slot a boff that has that spec and ability, or have that spec turned on.

For traits I'd add a few generic one. Imp targeting, Imp shield, Imp engines, Imp Aux, Imp Weapons, that all give a power buff or disable resist buff, something along these lines, to now fill in those gaps left by the loss of starship traits.

This puts a firm cap on those powercreep boosting traits, and locks modules to their respective specializations. Because like racial traits, starship traits should be locked to the starship. Applying a starship's trait to another starship, is like a a klingon being able to swap out the 15% aggro boost racial trait, for the human Leadership racial trait.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    I would nerf the damage from warp core breaches, especially those of big ships like cubes. Most of the time you can survive by using brace for impact, but not always.
  • jkwrangler2010jkwrangler2010 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    Tholian's ability to knock your weapons offline so frequently. Breen's freezing weapons. Hirogen's electrical mines. Tractor beam mines. Undine space blobs that capture your ship.
  • odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    I would nerf the damage from warp core breaches, especially those of big ships like cubes. Most of the time you can survive by using brace for impact, but not always.

dont fly so close...I haven't been killed by a core breach in ages..Id a Core breach is killing you...your too close..

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 829 Arc User
    BFAW/FBP indestructible disco balls, go down fighting (especially with invincible trait) , Trait: Energy Refrequencer, high Crit hit % (some players can do above 40%), high power levels (f.e. all above 100), regenerative integrity field and all stuff with: more damage = more benefits.
  • kal36kal36 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Fix the bugs that have been around for years and put the nerf bat away!!!!!!