What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Black Friday Mega-Ultra Sales Extravaganza

Comments

• Options
    harlequinpixieharlequinpixie Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Put a ticket in due to getting no reward points. They replied, and said they are aware of the issue and attempting to sort it out. I doubt it'll be done by the time the promotion ends. Either way, myself like many others didn't buy zen to soon, it was simply a glitch that has caused this mess up.
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    I kind of laughed when I saw what these awesome rewards are I think I got most of them like 2 years ago so even I did buy zen I already own stuff on this game that I haven't actively played in a long time. Now if they sold decent things at a reasonable price I might have been interested but thats not happening so I'll spend elsewhere.
  • Options
    captainhundleycaptainhundley Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    So can someone clarify/verify that the Holo Leeta Boff is A) Account wide B) Single character only. I thought I read it was for a single character, but I may have been mistaken.

It is definitely an account-wide unlock. You can choose between Dabo or Mirror Admiral skins, but they have identical stats. You can even dismiss and reclaim if you get tired of looking at one skin.
  • Options
    stormstryke2stormstryke2 Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    So can someone clarify/verify that the Holo Leeta Boff is A) Account wide B) Single character only. I thought I read it was for a single character, but I may have been mistaken.

It is definitely an account-wide unlock. You can choose between Dabo or Mirror Admiral skins, but they have identical stats. You can even dismiss and reclaim if you get tired of looking at one skin.

Thanks. I was worried about claiming on one character when another could use her more. It's unclear because on the page at the top it says account unlock on the BO but further down it says once per account. And in the game claim, it says the R&D pack is once per account but doesn't say that on Leeta.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Thanks. I was worried about claiming on one character when another could use her more. It's unclear because on the page at the top it says account unlock on the BO but further down it says once per account. And in the game claim, it says the R&D pack is once per account but doesn't say that on Leeta.
    I have come to the conclusion that whoever wrote those didn't actually know what any of what they were writing meant. It's the only way it makes sense.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    Put a ticket in due to getting no reward points. They replied, and said they are aware of the issue and attempting to sort it out. I doubt it'll be done by the time the promotion ends. Either way, myself like many others didn't buy zen to soon, it was simply a glitch that has caused this mess up.

You've ~14 days left to spend them according to the website page.

• Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    irm1963 wrote: »

You've ~14 days left to spend them according to the website page.

Right, but only another day to get them through the method they intended. Hopefully, at the rate things are going, when the matter is finally dealt with those of us who didn't get the points will just get them regardless of the shorter deadline and in time for the longer one.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    just use the link on the page. we did and everything worked as intended. you can even paypal from there
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    OK guys,
    Since my first post and after reading much deeper into the forum go to page: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/rewards and at bottom of page click on "View RP redemption history". then click on "current balance" then claim your reward. Go to C store Promo tab and claim your Leeta and/or whatever else you are entitled to.

Now, if someone can explain to me why I can't activate Leeta: I get the following, "You have reached the number of officers of this type that you can have". I've deleted a tactical officer but that had no effect. I don't have another Leeta, nor photonic officer, so I don't know what to do next.

Gaffer

Thanks for this post and advice mate, I was looking for the place where I can claim those points! :)

Signed: A proud new owner of the cutest orange tabby cat. <3o:):)
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    just use the link on the page. we did and everything worked as intended. you can even paypal from there

I'm not paying twice just for the points.
  • Options
    well talk to customer support, politely...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    zellkarrathzellkarrath Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Can someone quickly confirm whether or not the Holo Leeta Boff is the same as the Boff previously handed out during last years donation event? Just want to know for certain before choosing rewards.
  • Options
    Well, apparently you can't really use those points for lesser prizes. So you might as well.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,608 Arc User
    Can someone quickly confirm whether or not the Holo Leeta Boff is the same as the Boff previously handed out during last years donation event? Just want to know for certain before choosing rewards.

Vetteguy posted her stats. I know reading is a PITA but every question on the past 2-3 pages has been answered

leeta1_zpspttsjdyg.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,608 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    tigeraries wrote: »
    keep getting credit card errors... saying problem with credit cards. NW for $20 went thru. After unlock confirmed to be account I tried $200 on Visa and declined... checked email and yeah I got a fraud alert and I cleared it saying it was from me. Says cc is good and to try again... I try again and still declined by PW. Tried different cc and still no good. PITA

clear the cache on your browser or use a different browser Anne did hers on Puffin on her tablet it did what you said. she did it on safari after an hour and it went thru

to be clear on the rewards page there is nothing that indicates your balance. but I selected the tier 3 and it worked

Tried clearing cache on Firefox, did not work... last night I had to talk to a CS rep and use PayPal. $200 went thru last night... just tried for $20 with CC and didnt go thru on firefox after clearing cache... no email from bank... just this site saying cc errors. Tried Dis card, no good. Tried MS browser, no good. Use paypal again on MS browser, went thru. /shrug

weird. i did mine on an Ipad. Puffin didn't work but Safari did
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User

Customer and support are two words that can't be in the same sentence when discussing the nature of this game/forum. Maybe its more like Customer go support us vote with your wallet.
  • Options
    dlano#5559 dlano Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    A number of us have, and all get the same response: We're looking into it, keep an eye on the website and forums etc.

Not exactly reassuring.
  • Options
    stormstryke2stormstryke2 Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    I have come to the conclusion that whoever wrote those didn't actually know what any of what they were writing meant. It's the only way it makes sense.

Do you know if the 2000 small craft is account wide or just one character only? That says one character on both.
  • Options
    tenghiltenghil Member Posts: 19 Arc User

Do you know if the 2000 small craft is account wide or just one character only? That says one character on both.

Yes, it is accountwide.
    Contradictionary to what first was stated.
    I hope they fix this RP event (Which was a very good incentive and intention, but executed poorly.) by making every thing claimable once from each tier you spent money to be accredited for. Since you could not buy more than one R&D pack from say Tier 1 etc if you were able to freely spend your RP points. Which was a valid choice until the ingame store locks you to one promotional item and thus only claimable once.

• Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
    It seems like most of the issues you guys have found solutions for, but if you didn't get the bonus points, please do send us a support ticket.
  • Options
    thehnthehn Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    It seems like most of the issues you guys have found solutions for, but if you didn't get the bonus points, please do send us a support ticket.

I put in a ticket and was told by cs to watch the forums and social media.
    Are you saying that if we were never granted the reward points to put in another ticket?
    Will this result in a resolution or another cut and paste message to watch the forums?
  • Options
    gwidion15gwidion15 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I submitted a ticket but was told to wait for a fix. I updated the ticket but never received a reply to the update.
  • Options
    rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    I was hoping that there would be a fix, but there hasn't so I submitted a ticket.
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• Options
    angrybobhangrybobh Member Posts: 420 Arc User
    redricky wrote: »
    Purchasing Zen through Steam doesn't result in bonus Zen but, this is the second time it's happened so I didn't freak out and it was resolved within about 5 minutes same as last time.

Use the Live Chat on the Arc Support page. Tell them what's up and they will fix it.

The tier rewards thing is also non-functional but they couldn't help with that. They put a ticket in for me and they didn't give me the run around. They fixed what they could and they were straight with me about the rest, which I appreciated because they didn't patronize or refuse to acknowledge a problem.

Time will tell about the rewards thing but for bonus Zen at least Steam isn't dead if you want to avoid Arc.

I sent a ticket in to them this morning because live chat was not working. I was totally surprised to find a response when I got home from work and they credited my account for the bonus zen. Because of the normal response from support I did not even think it possible for a resolution. If I hadn't read your post I wouldn't have even attempted. So, thanks @redricky
  • Options
    dlano#5559 dlano Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    If you read everything we've said, you'll see we have and only get the same canned response. There has been no solution presented as of yet, still have no RP several days after being told it is "being looked into".

Is there anything you can do on our behalf?
  • Options
    eugenesyseugenesys Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    Some questions

1. Leeta
    I already have hte mirror leeta from the Charity thingie.
    Is the Tier 3 leeta redemption from the Black Friday Rewards Redemptoon the same as the mirror leeta from the charity donation drive or is there anything extra?

10 Tier 4 & 5 rewards
    Are these auto unlocks for the account or will they award a code that needs to be entered somewhere
    I am asking this as i already have the Hestia and Regent unlocked on the account that has made the requisite charge. I am wondering if it is a code i can give to alternate accounts / fleetmates

3. Rewards Redemption
    4. What happens after the 14 days thing? Do the rewards Points expire or will they be kept for the next round of charge rewards?
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
  • Options
    @ambassadorkael I never got my reward points at all and now can't claim the Letta BOFF
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    eugenesys wrote: »
    Some questions

1. Leeta
    I already have hte mirror leeta from the Charity thingie.
    Is the Tier 3 leeta redemption from the Black Friday Rewards Redemptoon the same as the mirror leeta from the charity donation drive or is there anything extra?

10 Tier 4 & 5 rewards
    Are these auto unlocks for the account or will they award a code that needs to be entered somewhere
    I am asking this as i already have the Hestia and Regent unlocked on the account that has made the requisite charge. I am wondering if it is a code i can give to alternate accounts / fleetmates

3. Rewards Redemption
    4. What happens after the 14 days thing? Do the rewards Points expire or will they be kept for the next round of charge rewards?

2: Ships are auto-unlocks to account. Claim on 1 toon on promo tab, then unlocks to account.

3. thought faq says points expire at end of promo... so it should all go poof. spend.
  • Options
    nope nothing showing in my rewards points bought the zen but the reward points are showing red can't do anything