What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Agents of Yesterday Announcement

Comments

• Options
    redshirt1981redshirt1981 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Sorry Cryptic but you screwed up here. at least for this faction the Connie should be at minium T5. In TOS there was only 12 of them and only the Federation Class beat them in power.

And not having the Federation class. even more shame.
    The connie thing is a problem as they already had the T1 preorder bonus, that's true. But the other thing, why do you think they won't have more ships than those in the package?​​

Its not only in the pack, you can buy the connie (as far as I remember) from the beginning of this game.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I'm not so sure the Franz Joseph designed Dreadnought will ever actually be added to the game.
    That's another license separate from the deal with CBS and owned by his estate.
    Though I suppose it's possible that we could get something similar.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    I'm wondering what I would do with all those ships if I were to buy the big pack. Way to many for one new Temporal guy. And I already own ten times more ships than my characters can actually fly. As for the designs themselves, they range from cool to "can't stop giggling" for me.

The safest bet story-wise is that you somehow get recruited in the past, play a bunch of (hopefully) cool TOS missions and then end up in 2409 where everyone else is. It would be naive to assume that they could/would recreate the whole game in TOS flavor, like some confused people seem to think.

Oh, and a lot of the stuff in that pack is old, I already own it, like the uniforms, the Connie, do I get a discount ? Can I even buy those packs ? Usually already having items from a pack makes it unavailable for purchase.
  • Options
    profowlprofowl Member Posts: 5 Arc User

[/quote]

Me Too!

TOS is the first and best Trek.

Myself I suffered through all the years of pacifistic next gen series hoping that someone would get the point.

JJ apparently has and I look forward to further TOS style Trek from him.

YMMV of course.[/quote]

When did JJ make a TOS style movie? I've only seen (2009) and Into Darkness, what were the other ones?

J.J. Abrams- Suckering people into loving moronic stories by excessive use of shiny things since 1998.

His best film - "Gone Fishin'"
  • Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    starswordc wrote: »
    I can see it now:

Feds - 4 new universal special ability consoles for use on any fed ship, plus 6 new starship traits and 11 new admiralty ships
    KDF/RR - 2 or 3 new traits, 2 or 3 admiralty ships.

Swalldev posted on Reddit a fact about two of the ships that will be available in the expansion, the Eternal and the Ouroboros:
    :) well they are faction agnostic!

Source: Swall's thread section

This is the Eternal-class:
    345c2f1731b1b72e00555c7e9761c6131461696848.png

This is the Ouroboros-class:
    541bb4543e6806671c3576e2eebf64411461696797.png

And this? This is the preexisting Wells-class, a Federation-exclusive lockbox ship.
    Wells_Temporal_Science_Vessel.jpg

Faction-agnostic my backside. They're just shoving Federation designs onto the Roms and Klinks and saying "Meh, everything's fine."

The Federation in the 29th century includes the Romulans and Klingons. Even in the fiction on the site, there's a Gorn captaining a Wells-class. While there *are* racial designs then still, the Federation designs are used by everyone, because, well, they're all part of the Federation.
  • Options
    daveyny wrote: »
    I'm not so sure the Franz Joseph designed Dreadnought will ever actually be added to the game.
    That's another license separate from the deal with CBS and owned by his estate.
    Though I suppose it's possible that we could get something similar.
    B)

The Franz Joesph estate has historically been very generous with licensing his designs, so it wouldn't be that hard to do. That being said, who knows whether CBS would allow Cryptic to do so, or whether cryptic would pay them rather than just making their own new Dreadnought.
  • Options
    qjunior wrote: »
    I'm wondering what I would do with all those ships if I were to buy the big pack. Way to many for one new Temporal guy. And I already own ten times more ships than my characters can actually fly. As for the designs themselves, they range from cool to "can't stop giggling" for me.

The safest bet story-wise is that you somehow get recruited in the past, play a bunch of (hopefully) cool TOS missions and then end up in 2409 where everyone else is. It would be naive to assume that they could/would recreate the whole game in TOS flavor, like some confused people seem to think.

Oh, and a lot of the stuff in that pack is old, I already own it, like the uniforms, the Connie, do I get a discount ? Can I even buy those packs ? Usually already having items from a pack makes it unavailable for purchase.

Out of 22 Items included in the pack only 3 are already available...

The T-1 Enterprise, the TOS Mirror Uniforms and the TOS Command Tunic.

And it's highly doubtful Cryptic would limit the number of folks who can purchase this particular pack based on something that was originally bought two years ago.
    Especially since this could be quite a money maker for Them.
    B)
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    So last night after I shut down I remembered something:

Remember how when DR was announced, and they put a new Intrepid model on Tribble, but it wasn't announced as part of the pack and everyone freaked out thinking it was only for the cutscenes? Then right after launch Cryptic released the Pathfinder, because they were actually smart and knew that they could sell it outside of the pack and make a crapload more money (and did)?

I'll just let that simmer in your brains for a bit in regards to a frequently discussed ship that we know they made a new model for but is missing from the AoY pack.
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Some have said they bought this and talking about classes of ships but I haven't found where to see the info on this pack.

I'll say I did get burnt out on this game and pretty much my fed fleet and a lot of players in general just couldn't do it anymore but the cost is high yes but the way the currency system works and the different systems a little investment thru time makes those costs dwindle down some. The thing they really need to work on which this has been the case with just about every new design they come out with. This game has its own unique qualities to it which I can honestly say this game promotes having alts but when they did the mastery and specialization system it wasn't designed to be alt friendly.

So right now I'm kind of iffy on if this would be worth it being I am guessing these are going to be like tier 1 or tier 0- 0.5 ships lol. Gotta love the D7 though which I am assuming there will be one with this in theory.
  • Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    This sounds pretty awesome. Already got the classic connie from ages ago, so that will be my ship of choice. Does this mean the TOS costumes are gonna become unlocked for everyone who makes one of these captains? I doubt we'll get a connie interior. May have to buy the TOS bundle (the existing one).

Or I'll fly my NX and call it U.S.S. Canon. Just to annoy all the TOS purists.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/game-pack/detail/918-temporal-special-agent-pack

There will most likely be future Blogs that will give a lot more of the specifics of all the stuff coming.
    B)
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »

Ah cool nice looking ships. I am guessing if any for KDF or Romulan players they would only get access to those 31st century ones I am assuming.

I'm kinda iffy though on the cost of this without some Klingon and Romulan love lol. They could have made a cross D7 atleast for this time period both RSE and KDF both had access to that class. Anyways they look cool but they gotta put on more carrot :D
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    About the Eternal and Ouroboros being faction-agnostic, it would require that at least one of these will have access to Commander Temporal seating, special temporal ability, and specialty ship stats to match. If this condition is false, that would leave the Romulans and KDF completely without access to a temporal specialty ship and Commander-level temporal ability bridge officer seating given that specialty ships are released all at once based on DR pack, command bc pack, and pilot pack.

I really hope it will be both, or at least the Eternal that gets the full specialty treatment, since Roms & KDF are still in dire need of one accessible T6 science ship (C-Store, for those who've missed on the Krenim Science Vessel) even if they don't have a full faction-specific skin, singularity core (for Rom), and I'm assuming no romulan/battle or enhanced battle cloaks unless our feds are handed these out integrated too.

Also, they should be able to use the consoles from the temporal science vessel and destroyer (on the character that owns those) if these are truly from a future century and haven't fallen into the hands of Ferengi who run the lobi store and is it Tholians? who withhold most of the technology from the real ships.

The faction-agnostic ships at the very least will be good value with access on every single character on the account, and certainly better than nothing for our Roms & KDF, but will wait to hear out on the details and stats.

I'm hoping they add more to the pack near release date whenever in summer that is. For me it was the Dauntless added to the DR pack that really convinced me to go for it. Even now I'm still planning on testing various builds for it to figure out what makes it stand out from the Vestas, Scryer, Pathfinder, and even the KSV with its intel LtC seating.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    grylak wrote: »
    This sounds pretty awesome. Already got the classic connie from ages ago, so that will be my ship of choice. Does this mean the TOS costumes are gonna become unlocked for everyone who makes one of these captains? I doubt we'll get a connie interior. May have to buy the TOS bundle (the existing one).

They'll probably give out the stuff in the TOS bundle as part of the expansion. It wouldn't be a TOS ship if your didn't have those elements, after all. Besides, they have given away the TOS unis so many times at this point (it's by far the most frequent promo code given out by various websites who are writing articles about STO) that they obviously don't expect to make any money on them at this point.
  • Options
    dewinuwadewinuwa Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Err.. Lame! This is going backwards. I feel embarrassed to play this game now. How many OLD people still play the game? They must be like... really.. really old... from 60's... really STO? Really??? At the very least, gave an option for each era, like we can choose from TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT. Let us choose the series that represent us. My friend (who didn't play the game) asked me if this is a late April Fool event while we watched the video. Urghh... it could pass as a foundry, but to be main story? Gosh... who fed you guys this incomplete wreck idea?
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    My head has many questions, mostly raised by others already (such as support for the KDF and Romulan factions, and the integration of the new expansion with the rest of the game).

My TOS-lovin' heart, however, is saying "take my money". (TOS Andorian uniforms? Count me in.)
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    dewinuwa wrote: »
    Err.. Lame! This is going backwards. I feel embarrassed to play this game now. How many OLD people still play the game? They must be like... really.. really old... from 60's... really STO? Really??? At the very least, gave an option for each era, like we can choose from TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT. Let us choose the series that represent us. My friend (who didn't play the game) asked me if this is a late April Fool event while we watched the video. Urghh... it could pass as a foundry, but to be main story? Gosh... who fed you guys this incomplete wreck idea?

I was 8 when TOS was on TV for the first time.
    I watched the show at that time. (and have watched all the shows in their first runs)

I'm 57 now, if you think that is OLD, just wait till you get there yourself.

b6656e8518dfe8b8ed677dd94770ec33.jpg

Also, this year is the 50th Anniversary of that Original Series.

Why would you expect STO to come up with anything but this?

• Options
    dewinuwa wrote: »

Heh, even the NEWEST iteration of the show ended 10 years ago (not counting JJ Trek because they don't and won't ever have rights to it). Voyager ended almost 15 years ago, DS9 16 years ago and TNG 22 years ago. Pretty much everyone who watched these shows first run is old or heading towards old.

Besides, they did Voyager by fan demand, and then the players squatted over their work and took a big dump on it. At this point, they want/need to tie into the 50th anniversary hype and get some new players in who might actually appreciate the game for what it is.
  • Options
    umbergreyumbergrey Member Posts: 29 Arc User

They're a new playable faction. The devs have said repeatedly any new faction they add, like the Cardassians, would eventually have to be folded into the main story for financial and logistical reasons.

The so many people don't want to understand this is mind boggling.

• Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    jaturnley wrote: »
    grylak wrote: »

They'll probably give out the stuff in the TOS bundle as part of the expansion. It wouldn't be a TOS ship if your didn't have those elements, after all. Besides, they have given away the TOS unis so many times at this point (it's by far the most frequent promo code given out by various websites who are writing articles about STO) that they obviously don't expect to make any money on them at this point.

Cool. I've managed to get myself the doctors tunic, the dress uniforms and the captains wrap around via promo codes, but have never actually found the actual proper uniforms before. I'll hold off buying the bundle until the expansion is released.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    shurkhemolightshurkhemolight Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    deadtessa wrote: »
    *Face palm* You mean to tell me, that instead of adding another faction to the game that has been requested hundreds of times, like say, The Cardassians, you are adding something that no one asked for and has no continuity with the actual game proper? Seriously? W...T...F? Ugh. I hate TOS. I binge watched the entire genre a while back (ALL of the Star Trek series) and I could barely suffer through the TOS ones. No thank you. You should have given us what we asked for, not some movie sell out tie in.

Boo.

Yea see i brought this very point up, i was quickly "corrected" by people who claim that a TOS era storyline/we has been asked for in many many threads, as if the other requests were nothing more than crickets.

What was asked for until it was pretty much forbiden from being posted anymore was the T6 connie request, somehow thats evolved into this expansion, if one can seriously call it that.

An "expansion" that doesn't have at least equal the amount of content for all existing toons is to my definition nothing of the sort.

They can call it what they want.

• Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    umbergrey wrote: »

They're a new playable faction. The devs have said repeatedly any new faction they add, like the Cardassians, would eventually have to be folded into the main story for financial and logistical reasons.

The blog doesn't say anything about a new faction. Seems more like a contained Fed-only arc until you join the rest of the game.

The lack of communication bothers me a little, I hope someone at Cryptic is collecting questions and at least some of them can be answered soon.
  • Options
    admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,560 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Sorry Cryptic but you screwed up here. at least for this faction the Connie should be at minium T5. In TOS there was only 12 of them and only the Federation Class beat them in power.

And not having the Federation class. even more shame.
    The connie thing is a problem as they already had the T1 preorder bonus, that's true. But the other thing, why do you think they won't have more ships than those in the package?​​

Simple for this faction and this faction alone have her t5.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    *Face palm* You mean to tell me, that instead of adding another faction to the game that has been requested hundreds of times, like say, The Cardassians, you are adding something that no one asked for and has no continuity with the actual game proper? Seriously? W...T...F? Ugh. I hate TOS. I binge watched the entire genre a while back (ALL of the Star Trek series) and I could barely suffer through the TOS ones. No thank you. You should have given us what we asked for, not some movie sell out tie in.

Boo.

Yea see i brought this very point up, i was quickly "corrected" by people who claim that a TOS era storyline/we has been asked for in many many threads, as if the other requests were nothing more than crickets.

What was asked for until it was pretty much forbiden from being posted anymore was the T6 connie request, somehow thats evolved into this expansion, if one can seriously call it that.

An "expansion" that doesn't have at least equal the amount of content for all existing toons is to my definition nothing of the sort.

They can call it what they want.

Apparently you missed many of the Threads I have started and a multitude of my posts over the last SIX Years about this very topic.
    :*
  • Options
    shurkhemolightshurkhemolight Member Posts: 399 Arc User

Boo.

I've been asking for a lot of this stuff for 5 years now. The two ships I have most often requested were the Daedalus and the Wambundu.

Yea Snoggy i know you have, but this fantasy that there has been a "huge" forum outcry for this content is just that, a "fantasy".

Now suddenly it's fact.

• Options
    bucklerpwbucklerpw Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    themartian wrote: »
    Is that Vic Mignogna doing the narration? I am cautiously optimistic about this and am looking forward to hearing more.

It sounds like Vic to me, but I don't know.

• Options
    umbergrey wrote: »

The blog doesn't say anything about a new faction. Seems more like a contained Fed-only arc until you join the rest of the game.

The lack of communication bothers me a little, I hope someone at Cryptic is collecting questions and at least some of them can be answered soon.

They have 3-4 months to make further announcements before launch. Be patient, the answers are coming.
  • Options