Agents of Yesterday Announcement

Comments

• Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    paspinall wrote: »

Bar the fact there were female captains
    bucklerpw wrote: »
    I have a few questions:

2) How many new missions are each of the factions going to get for this?

My guess, for what it is worth (next to nothing):

2) I think they will be only open to the new "faction."

The announcement specifies a new story arc for each existing faction too

Not "each faction", "every faction". As in one arc for everyone.
  • Options
    zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    still want: dreadnought02.jpg
    federation_2_100_by_trekkiegal-d5b9tuh.jpg
  • Options
    shurkhemolightshurkhemolight Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    jaturnley wrote: »
    daveyny wrote: »
    Anyone who says anything outside of a T6 connie, which is just as ridiculous in 2410 as the T'Varo is, or some FE going back into the TOS timeline and revisiting it has been asked for in many threads for 6yrs of this games history is doing nothing more than peddling hot air.

There has never been a huge outcry for some 2270 timeline based expansion in this game, don't buy it, it never happened.

One person drumming up some forum support for it over 6 yrs doesn't cut it.

Yet, that ONE PERSON has apparently got what he asked for...

I'll bet that stings a bit.

Have a nice day.

B)

Lol you got what you asked for because Cryptic will make money on it, your desire for it, any threads you posted about it had nothing to do with it.

As far as cryptic is concerned you and i both are statistics, nothing more.

I am having a nice day.^^

That's not EXACTLY true. They did a survey asking what we wanted, the results said Voyager, and they gave us a metric ton of Voyager which the people on these boards promptly crapped all over. So basically, they look at the boards, but they now know whatever they do, it's not going to make us happy so they take that into consideration as well.

What "is" true is that it in fact no longer matters, anyone who isn't on board with this will either be drowned out by those who are, or worse.

If that doesn't sink in look around the forums until you find it, you will, one way or another people who don't like this wont be voicing an opinion on the boards much longer.

Im done with this topic because i see whats coming, more people will be happy about that than not, happy i could accomodate them.

Oh and you proved my point, because they know that whatever they do it's not going to make us happy, and they just do it anyway, it is "exactly" true.

• Options
    empresslesbian#5797 empresslesbian Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I hope that Eternal class ship is going up on the store! looks amazing...
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Yep...
    And someday you'll probably get your desired Cardie Mini-Faction and/or Borg Co-Op Mini-faction.

But, and this is the big difference...

You won't find me raining on YOUR parade.

B)

Oh my here we go, more lack of research let me clear that up for you.

I have "never" wanted nor asked for either faction, i simply commented they had been asked for repeatedly, as opposed to this ghost lobby group that has been pulpiting for a TOS expansion for 6 long yrs.

Your either blaming yourself too much, or giving yourself too much credit, your not raining on my parade, Cryptic is.

Feel free to ask for any more clarifications, im game, well until they lock the thread for getting too far out in left field.

If i were you i would pick someone else to debate with, the scores in my favor at the moment.

You must be one of those people who decide anything they disagree with doesn't exist. Try learning reading comprehension before talking, it'll help you not come off like a blithering moron.

Lol it doesn't exist, period, the rest of your comment here concerning my post makes 0 sense whatsoever.

• Options
    tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User

It looks like the Pioneer is gonna be the basic starter cruiser for TOS characters. Definitely see the NX-01 upgrade legacy in it.

Thank you for the time...

STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • Options
    still want: dreadnought02.jpg
    federation_2_100_by_trekkiegal-d5b9tuh.jpg

The Federation and Saladin classes are property of Franz Joseph Designs, not CBS so they don't by default have the rights. Not that they couldn't license them, but whether it will happen is pretty much up in the air at this point.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Also, I think Cryptic decided they didn't really want the Franz Joseph stuff. They have their own design team for that.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Yah, but they could easily skin out old school TOS even with new ships. Franz Joseph has the rights to the third nacelle off the saucer section specifically (else how would we have the current dreadnought?) So, at least in theory, they could remodel the existing dreadnought model but with the TOS style? Heck I think having a TOS skin option on ALL my fed ships would be epic!
  • Options
    yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    Will we also get retrofit/fleet/t6 versions of the T1-T5 TOS ships, just like Romulans got theirs? Will an endgame Connie finally become reality?
  • Options
    fltcaptcrandallfltcaptcrandall Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Was this decision made for you by CBS because the next series will be TOS era? I've heard the TOS era bit from a person working on the new series project, so no need to hide it. I'm just curious if they pushed you to make it the next expansion to help them sell the series.
  • Options
    skylarcometskylarcomet Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »
    There isn’t a better way to continue to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Star Trek: The Original Series than by creating a Starfleet captain and engaging in some amazing adventures in that classic period.

Gonna disagree with you here, Mr. Ricossa. You know what would be an even better way to celebrate the 50th Anniversary?

Including TOS-era Romulans and TOS-era Klingons as playable captains in that classic period.​​

Yep, if I cannot play as a Romulan or Klingon, I will be passing this up completely. I have zero interest in making a Fed character, in TOS or any other era. I am assuming we cannot, as everything thus far, especially based on the expansion pack says it is nothing but Fed content. Hopefully STO dies soon, and someone else gets the rights to make games.
    >:)ruff, meow, moo, whatever.... *shrug*
    [ Still Waiting for a Shiny New T6 Romulan Science Ship to Command ]
  • Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    camofepic wrote: »

No, it's just a proof of concept! :smiley: They showcased it in this blog and now they're going back to the drawing board to design something completely different.

Of course it'll be in the store! :smiley:
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,410 Arc User
    kelettes wrote: »
    camofepic wrote: »

No, it's just a proof of concept! :smiley: They showcased it in this blog and now they're going back to the drawing board to design something completely different.

Of course it'll be in the store! :smiley:

Do you realize most people only read the first half of a post?

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    xoelloexoelloe Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Was this decision made for you by CBS because the next series will be TOS era? I've heard the TOS era bit from a person working on the new series project, so no need to hide it. I'm just curious if they pushed you to make it the next expansion to help them sell the series.

Wow, that's some seriously sharp thinking there. How did you come up with that theory?

No wonder there is no official info on the official forum. Every time new content is introduced, the whining starts, and the spitting follows. It's disgusting.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Some of these ship designs are totally whack... you have the warp nacelles on a pylon connected directly to the saucer? they were separated for a reason during design... you might as well just toss the fed ship design bible out the window and make em look like any other sci fi ships... just borrow form Star Wars, Galactica or Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers.
  • Options
    sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    Good find. I was wondering what we'd have for the freebie TOS ships. I guess the Pioneer is the LT ship.

Hmm... if you look down at the bottom it talks about Taurus 2 and Starbase K13.

Actually, the Pioneer only has 2/1 weapon slots..if anything, that makes it the starter ship xD

MXeSfqV.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    tigeraries wrote: »
    Some of these ship designs are totally whack... you have the warp nacelles on a pylon connected directly to the saucer? they were separated for a reason during design... you might as well just toss the fed ship design bible out the window and make em look like any other sci fi ships... just borrow form Star Wars, Galactica or Flash Gordon and Buck Rogers.

Roddenberry/Probert's stated (and frequently broken) ship design rules are:

1. Warp nacelles must be in pairs.
    2. Warp nacelles must have at least 50% line of sight of each other across the hull.
    3. Both warp nacelles must be fully visible from the front.
    4. The bridge must be located at the top center of the primary hull.

Nothing there about not attaching the nacelles to the primary hull.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

That's not EXACTLY true. They did a survey asking what we wanted, the results said Voyager, and they gave us a metric ton of Voyager which the people on these boards promptly crapped all over. So basically, they look at the boards, but they now know whatever they do, it's not going to make us happy so they take that into consideration as well.

I think the forum will always allow you to get some useful feedback, but you can't overrate it. Ultimately, it tends to be that the dissatisfied customers are just more likely to report than those that are satisfied. It's the nature of things.

The people on the boards are all individuals and have different preferences, and often opposing ones.

I am not a big fan of the temporal shenengians, voyager or the TOS aesthetic. But I am fairly certain that there are people that love this.

I think anyone that thinks that there was not sufficient evidence that players wanted TOS content seems to me ignorin the context of things.
    People asked for an endgame Connie (or workarounds to get something at least similar to an endgame Connie) for a long time. Of course most didn't bother to request a TOS expansion - since the endgame Connie was already such a sternyl denied request for such a long time, asking for this would be completely unrealistic.
    But that dones't mean there wasn't a big potential market for it. I always believed the claim that CBS made the endgame Connie impossible, because there was no good reason for Cryptic to not release it to the C-Store (or even better, as a lockbox!) and make loads of money from it.

Apparently however, the 50th year Anniversary makes unexpected things possible.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    Yep...
    And someday you'll probably get your desired Cardie Mini-Faction and/or Borg Co-Op Mini-faction.

B)

I have "never" wanted nor asked for either faction, i simply commented they had been asked for repeatedly, as opposed to this ghost lobby group that has been pulpiting for a TOS expansion for 6 long yrs.

Your either blaming yourself too much, or giving yourself too much credit, your not raining on my parade, Cryptic is.

Feel free to ask for any more clarifications, im game, well until they lock the thread for getting too far out in left field.

If i were you i would pick someone else to debate with, the scores in my favor at the moment.

You must be one of those people who decide anything they disagree with doesn't exist. Try learning reading comprehension before talking, it'll help you not come off like a blithering moron.

Lol it doesn't exist, period, the rest of your comment here concerning my post makes 0 sense whatsoever.

Try reading just this thread and you will be able to plainly see just how much of a teeny tiny minority you are here. I know I know that means actually having to read and thats so very hard for you and you don't want to do it but you'll never get out of kindergarten otherwise.

I personally wouldn't waste my words on this blithering buffoon, if they are that short-sighted as to say "I don't want this TOS-****, I wanted Cardassians! I disagree with it, thus it's not an expansion!"

Personally, since I've never had the pleasure of anything TOS - although it's comparatively-bad acting and scripting, I still enjoy the episodes when I watch them - in my life (30 years too late, it makes my brain somewhat-sad) aside from reruns on CBS-Action..so for me at least, this is a good thing - I don't care what the naysayers say.
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • Options

I think the forum will always allow you to get some useful feedback, but you can't overrate it. Ultimately, it tends to be that the dissatisfied customers are just more likely to report than those that are satisfied. It's the nature of things.

The people on the boards are all individuals and have different preferences, and often opposing ones.

I am not a big fan of the temporal shenengians, voyager or the TOS aesthetic. But I am fairly certain that there are people that love this.

I think anyone that thinks that there was not sufficient evidence that players wanted TOS content seems to me ignorin the context of things.
    People asked for an endgame Connie (or workarounds to get something at least similar to an endgame Connie) for a long time. Of course most didn't bother to request a TOS expansion - since the endgame Connie was already such a sternyl denied request for such a long time, asking for this would be completely unrealistic.
    But that dones't mean there wasn't a big potential market for it. I always believed the claim that CBS made the endgame Connie impossible, because there was no good reason for Cryptic to not release it to the C-Store (or even better, as a lockbox!) and make loads of money from it.

Apparently however, the 50th year Anniversary makes unexpected things possible.

Agree fully. Note I didn't say they don't listen to us, but there's no way that the DR ****storm didn't have some effect on policy at Cryptic as far as forum feedback goes. There's an old rule about giving the people what they want, even when the people don't know what that is, and it applies more than the usual amount to MMO player forums.

As for the Connie in a lockbox, I think they know that they might very well end up coming back from the weekend to a burned out building if they did that. :P
  • Options
    dogmaticusdogmaticus Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    When I try to open the pages with the packs, I get information "page not found"... any idea why this happens? Is this content going to be regionalized somehow? :neutral:
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    dogmaticusdogmaticus Member Posts: 82 Arc User

They're not working for me. The only thing that comes to my mind is that it's somehow regionalized (I'm in Poland), but that's strange to say the least. I was able to buy all previous packs :(.
  • Options
    skylarcometskylarcomet Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    dirlettia wrote: »
    starswordc wrote: »
    Oh, look, nothing for Romulan and KDF players. Why am I not surprised?

Lazy TRIBBLE.

Dont assume that just because they use the term Federation on those T6 ships that they cannot be cross faction. In the 25th century the Federation and KDF are all one big happy family as part of the Federation. *crosses fingers and toes this is the case*

But I do not want essentially Starfleet/Fed ships for my Romulan and Klingon captains. I want Romulan and Klingon ships. I don't play Fed characters for a reason. Their funneling us all into essentially a single Fed faction is not what I desire in this game, and it's causing me to play less and less. Which also means I am spending less and less on the game, and as it stands have no interest in this "expansion".
    >:)ruff, meow, moo, whatever.... *shrug*
    [ Still Waiting for a Shiny New T6 Romulan Science Ship to Command ]
  • Options
    Yep...

B)

sharpie65 wrote: »
    Yep...

B)

Try reading just this thread and you will be able to plainly see just how much of a teeny tiny minority you are here. I know I know that means actually having to read and thats so very hard for you and you don't want to do it but you'll never get out of kindergarten otherwise.

I personally wouldn't waste my words on this blithering buffoon, if they are that short-sighted as to say "I don't want this TOS-****, I wanted Cardassians! I disagree with it, thus it's not an expansion!"

Personally, since I've never had the pleasure of anything TOS - although it's comparatively-bad acting and scripting, I still enjoy the episodes when I watch them - in my life (30 years too late, it makes my brain somewhat-sad) aside from reruns on CBS-Action..so for me at least, this is a good thing - I don't care what the naysayers say.

Nice, these names are reading comprehension and higher intelligence at it's finest , while i am done with the topic at hand it never ceases to amaze me how some people get punitive action for name calling while others seem to just cruise along.

oh and again i never said i wanted another faction of any kind, at any time, more lack of reading i guess.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    dirlettia wrote: »
    starswordc wrote: »
    Oh, look, nothing for Romulan and KDF players. Why am I not surprised?

Lazy TRIBBLE.

Dont assume that just because they use the term Federation on those T6 ships that they cannot be cross faction. In the 25th century the Federation and KDF are all one big happy family as part of the Federation. *crosses fingers and toes this is the case*

But I do not want essentially Starfleet/Fed ships for my Romulan and Klingon captains. I want Romulan and Klingon ships. I don't play Fed characters for a reason. Their funneling us all into essentially a single Fed faction is not what I desire in this game, and it's causing me to play less and less. Which also means I am spending less and less on the game, and as it stands have no interest in this "expansion".

I'm sorry you're not excited by this news, but don't give up hope...

We have only heard about a very small part of the total package, perhaps there is yet hope for Klingon & Romulan players down the road.
    B)
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    Yep...

B)

sharpie65 wrote: »
    Yep...

B)

Nice, these names are reading comprehension and higher intelligence at it's finest , while i am done with the topic at hand it never ceases to amaze me how some people get punitive action for name calling while others seem to just cruise along.

oh and again i never said i wanted another faction of any kind, at any time, more lack of reading i guess.

But you certainly can't deny that you have been somewhat of a negative-nelly.

But of course, you're done with this so I guess I'm wasting my time replying to you.