STO Holodeck Connection Issues [2/13]

Comments

• Options
    mike03ucmike03uc Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    STO is back online.
    e0M7OhA.png
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Still gonna wait for the official All Clear.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    dragonseye1138dragonseye1138 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    Well, I was just able to log back in without difficulty. Maybe it's over, maybe it's not, maybe the Bobby's took him down. Either way, I'm back in.
    Q is a Magical Girl.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Still gonna wait for the official All Clear.

Who are you saying that to, and why?

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    Quite frankly I feel slightly infuriated that one of my countrymen is so dissatisfied with his experiences in one game that he feels the need to set off a DDoS across the entire dev company..shameful.

On the plus side, a big thanks to Trendy on her damage control/community management efforts..if I could send Bacon tribbles, I would. :smile:
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • Options
    minmacdougalminmacdougal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    sov42 wrote: »
    mikoto8472 wrote: »
    He's in the UK? That's interesting, maybe one of us could contact the authorities here...

Insert Benny Hill music + police chase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Made20bacon.png

Lifetime supply for Trendy! SOMEONE make it happen!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    carvin72carvin72 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    I'm in a running ... on a side note ... Trendy ... thank you guys for your hard work ... I understand that STO is not this guys main target but you guys handle it with dedication and perservance ... Thanks again
    CRY HAVOC, AND LET SLIP THE DOGS OF WAR
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    fiachra wrote: »
    A Felony in the US?
    I think this guy's on the other side of the world, so International stuff makes things complicated.

It's fairly well known he's from the UK. So it's up to them to do something.
    They'll Shakespeare him into submission? ;)
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    Yes it did get quiet...someone on Twitter stated "They know where the person is, they are just getting the legal-eeze together to execute a warrant" - and this "NeverwinterGod" person clamed right up really fast...

I hope that's true. I'd love to see front page news of PWE having this person arrested and convicted.
  • Options
    screwloose53184screwloose53184 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    mikoto8472 wrote: »
    He's in the UK? That's interesting, maybe one of us could contact the authorities here...

Insert Benny Hill music + police chase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ

Oh yeeeeaaaaahhhh! Boots Randolph, he was the one who got me into playing the saxophone back in my high school band. ;)

Love this song!

Fleet Leader of STO Fleets: The Illegitimate Children of Kirk & Champions of Sto'Vo'Kor
  • Options
    pred129apred129a Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    At times like this I ask myself what would Sisko do if a Cyber attack happen to his ship.

9dcaa4a043f731dbea7d08515152e836.jpg

and that is why he the best

• Options
    richspearrichspear Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    so game works, but nothing officially saying so. Hoping it wont start again.
  • Options
    unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    With the announcement that this is something of a giveaway weekend in celebration of Valentine's Day, I was wondering if one of the giveaways could be free Baookoids and neverwintergod's address......Just a thought. B)

tumblr_n7bfq061Wu1toxy7eo2_500.jpg
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    I'm not sure what is more sad: a guy that feels the need to cyber attack a video game for some imagined slight, or people who act like it is the end of the world. Both are pretty sad TBH :/

I don't know if the slight is "imagined", but it seems to coincide with Neverwinter players on Xbox supposedly getting screwed over. http://massivelyop.com/2016/02/12/neverwinter-refuses-to-add-items-back-into-trade-bar-store-offers-apologies-and-compensation/

And of course, the obligatory dev "explanation" http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1212047/update-on-the-trade-bar-store-xbox-one

From the looks of things, this only pertained to the Xbox version of Neverwinter.

And of course, when 1 game goes down they all do.

*sigh*
  • Options
    I'm not sure what is more sad: a guy that feels the need to cyber attack a video game for some imagined slight, or people who act like it is the end of the world. Both are pretty sad TBH :/

I don't know if the slight is "imagined", but it seems to coincide with Neverwinter players on Xbox supposedly getting screwed over.

No, this has been going on for a few months now. Long before this latest drama.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    In regards to people's reactions to the "do your job" comments, it seems pretty much directed to Cryptic/PWE as a whole, not at Trendy. Trendy, in the role that Trendy has, is the face of the operation.

In regards to the repetitive DDOS attacks that PWE/Cryptic has been suffering, for quite some time I might add, the players frustration is justified, not just at the DDOS'er but PWE/Cryptic as well.

How can a firm, thats primary form of income comes from operating an online service, be so poor in cyber security and COOPs procedures to allow a continual DDOS attacks to go this long, and impact not just the targeted product but others as well?

This DDOS runt is making PWE/Cryptics cybersecurity operations look like the Keystone Cops! Doesn't that mean anything to the firm?

I am not really getting the feeling that "constant improvement" is a policy that this org' is taking seriously anymore.
  • Options
    spiritwalker1969spiritwalker1969 Member Posts: 406 Arc User
    And when can we expect to see some progress or update on that? I'm a lifetime subscriber and right now this is preventing me from getting my grubby hands on my new ship!

Stating you're a Lifer does not make things go any faster.
    Why can't yhey send the F.B.I. After this hacker TRIBBLE and deal with him properly his actions are extreamly disruptive for everyone in STO. Thanks Treny for being on top of the situaion your effoers are always appreciated :smile:

Apparently he's in the UK, so FBI has to go International if they get involved.

There is a national cybercrime unit here in the UK (coordinated by the Metripolitan Police in London I believe), however even if they do identify him and arrest him, there would then be the question of where his case is tried, if he can be extradited to the US or not (possible age related complications if he is a minor) and whether or not the European Parliment decide to stick their nose in and interfere in the process.

• Options
    neutronium812neutronium812 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    No police i'll get the sucker my self.......
  • Options

Careful, that's how you get the actual police knocking at your door for making dumb jokes online.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    Hmm.....looking around the Neverwinter forums, there seems to be no announcement of connection issues over there. So this could just be STO related.

Also on their forums it seems they've been having a lot of game crash issues, just like us.

We just 1 big happy family, eh? ;)
  • Options
    neutronium812neutronium812 Member Posts: 3 Arc User

Careful, that's how you get the actual police knocking at your door for making dumb jokes online.
    True and joke it was. Getting the sucker my self i ment ''Launching full spread of photon torpedos at the hacker'' :)

• Options
    Hmm.....looking around the Neverwinter forums, there seems to be no announcement of connection issues over there. So this could just be STO related.

Nope!

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2016

I don't know if the slight is "imagined", but it seems to coincide with Neverwinter players on Xbox supposedly getting screwed over.

No, this has been going on for a few months now. Long before this latest drama.

Well, yeah. I was pointing out that from the looks of things, this has been going on because of changes to the Neverwinter economy (with always the claim it was due to botting/exploiting), and we end up being indirectly affected by it.

And I just noticed at the top of their forums it reads "We're aware of the network issues and are investigating.". At least Trendy says "Heads up! The game went poo poo and we fixing it.". Over there it seems they barely even mention it all and don't even open a discussion on the matter to keep the community informed on updates.

@pwlaughingtrendy Any chance you could clone yourself and send it over to be the new Neverwinter community manager? LoL ;)
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    ...however am trying to implement positive change to fix.

So, Trendy, you posted this last time this kid DDoS'ed... when's that "fix" supposed to come?

I think She meant getting him to the Vet to BE Fixed.
    >:)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options

Nope!

Twitter does not equal the official forums. Trendy posts here and keeps us up to date to let us know how things are going and usually when the servers come back up.
    daveyny wrote: »
    ...however am trying to implement positive change to fix.

So, Trendy, you posted this last time this kid DDoS'ed... when's that "fix" supposed to come?

I think She meant getting him to the Vet to BE Fixed.
    >:)

Paging Doctor @borticuscryptic We have something that needs "fixing". >:)
  • Options
    Twitter does not equal the official forums.

I never said it did. I was refuting your idea that this might be a STO-exclusive issue. Or did you already forget what you said?
    So this could just be STO related.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Paging Doctor @borticuscryptic We have something that needs "fixing". >:)

That's too merciful. ;)
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    It looks like things are in the clear.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    It looks like things are in the clear.

SShhhh...
    You'll spook the Tribbles...
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif