Install Arc

STO Holodeck Connection Issues [2/13]

Comments

• hypnoticbeasthypnoticbeast Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    Thank you Trendy
  • cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    mikoto8472 wrote: »
    He's in the UK? That's interesting, maybe one of us could contact the authorities here...
    As I said, good luck. I wouldn't count on the underfunded Police force in this country to be any help. Constant government cuts to public service budgets here mean that they don't have the manpower or resources to deal with something like this.
    Its a pretty serious crime but then again UK law inforcement is pretty lame anyway. so yeah wouldnt expect much from them cuts or no cuts.

Plus, they only intervene in twitter stuff if someone says something sexist, homophobic or racist.
    No police i'll get the sucker my self.......

Careful, that's how you get the actual police knocking at your door for making dumb jokes online.

^

Seriously, with UK policing you are more likely to get in trouble for your threat to commit bodily harm than they will get into for this DDoSing; Cryptic will probably just get a crime number and "we are looking into it", that's all they do for theft...

Like, this country puts people who defend their homes with lethal force in prison, while defending the burglars they shot as "basically nice people" and "they didn't deserve to die".

****Extremely jaded view of UK police; although everything I've said is fact.****
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    cbrjwrr wrote: »
    mikoto8472 wrote: »
    He's in the UK? That's interesting, maybe one of us could contact the authorities here...
    As I said, good luck. I wouldn't count on the underfunded Police force in this country to be any help. Constant government cuts to public service budgets here mean that they don't have the manpower or resources to deal with something like this.
    Its a pretty serious crime but then again UK law inforcement is pretty lame anyway. so yeah wouldnt expect much from them cuts or no cuts.

Plus, they only intervene in twitter stuff if someone says something sexist, homophobic or racist.
    No police i'll get the sucker my self.......

Careful, that's how you get the actual police knocking at your door for making dumb jokes online.

^

Seriously, with UK policing you are more likely to get in trouble for your threat to commit bodily harm than they will get into for this DDoSing; Cryptic will probably just get a crime number and "we are looking into it", that's all they do for theft...

Like, this country puts people who defend their homes with lethal force in prison, while defending the burglars they shot as "basically nice people" and "they didn't deserve to die".

****Extremely jaded view of UK police; although everything I've said is fact.****

Could be worse. In my neck of the woods, the police are so fat and out of shape, it'd be a surprise if they could even catch a cold, let alone a criminal. :#
  • whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    Now that its "clear", is PWE/Cryptic actually going to do something to prevent this from happening again?

Waiting for the DDOS'er to get past thier bedtime, and shutting down thier attack doesnt count as a plan.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    I think we need some official clarification. @jodarkrider said we shouldn't even be *talking* about the person doing this because it gives him attention, but Trendy only said people shouldn't be making threats against him. We don't want anyone getting in trouble, so we need to clear up this contradiction.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    I think we need some official clarification. @jodarkrider said we shouldn't even be *talking* about the person doing this because it gives him attention, but Trendy only said people shouldn't be making threats against him. We don't want anyone getting in trouble, so we need to clear up this contradiction.
    What I am saying is, that making a thread about DDoS attack & the person behind them each time, even multiple a day, when it occurs, is not helpful to anyone, will not solve the problem & it unnecessarily clogs the General Discussion too. We don't need that, do we? It's unhelpful & unproductive; for all people involved.
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• drudgydrudgy Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    Having a hard time loading the launcher this morning.. I think the problem has returned.
    f3wrLS.jpg
    Yeah, the lil twit has started again.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    Yeah, it seems to have started up again.

Was in a CCA and the game just stopped responding, then I died and when I clicked respawn I was invisible and couldn't move. Then got kicked with SNR and now can't get back in.
    ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • predconpredcon Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    sov42 wrote: »
    ...however am trying to implement positive change to fix.

So, Trendy, you posted this last time this kid DDoS'ed... when's that "fix" supposed to come?

Its not that simple sov. A DDoS is basically Zerg Rushing the servers from multiple locations. Best they can do is batten down the hatches, ride it out, and patch up the lines until this prick's bored or busted.

Simple solution would be to take STO off the server that NWO is running on. The guy's issue is with NW, and it's bogging down every other game on PWE's ENIAC machine.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    Well, not sure if it's started again, but I've been kicked twice in the last few minutes.....

Same here as well.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • georikzaberiskgeorikzaberisk Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    I think it started again... people are being kicked out.
    edited February 2016
    What I am saying is, that making a thread about DDoS attack & the person behind them each time, even multiple a day, when it occurs, is not helpful to anyone, will not solve the problem & it unnecessarily clogs the General Discussion too. We don't need that, do we? It's unhelpful & unproductive; for all people involved.

@jodarkrider

I understand the point about clutter, but that's not what I was referring to in my comment. You specifically said we shouldn't talk about this guy because it gives him attention. But Trendy read discussion about the guy and simply said not to make threats, not to stop discussing him. So the clutter issue aside, we need to clarify the point I just mentioned so everyone is clear on the issue and no one gets in trouble. Either way is fine, we just need to know what the official word is.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • rck01rck01 Member Posts: 808 Arc User
    Hosed...all traffic up until 38.111.40.114 is clear. Then...43% packet loss. :(

RCK
  • judgemarkjudgemark Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    was in a ISA run, i just had my antiproton turrets upgraded to epic level, we where at the last tac cube and boom,
    server gone
  • trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    This is getting old...
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,456 Arc User
    It looks like things are in the clear.

And... sadly it looks like it came back again.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    Hmmmm. First time I've been online when this has been going on. Doing a bit of reading, I wonder what the guy's original beef is....it's a kinda sad thing to do anyhow.
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
    I fully encourage spamming his twitter with My Little Ponies. >:)
  • kermanikermani Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2016

Thank you thegrandnagus1 for posting that. And also BIG thanks to all of you trying to get us back into the game.

• evs2011evs2011 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Excellent, so we can look forward to this on a daily basis now?
    Hmmmm. First time I've been online when this has been going on. Doing a bit of reading, I wonder what the guy's original beef is....it's a kinda sad thing to do anyhow.
    sov42 wrote: »
    I fully encourage spamming his twitter with My Little Ponies. >:)

Careful, @jodarkrider said we should not be discussing this guy. You don't want to get in trouble.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • milehijonesmilehijones Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Yeah - there goes a bit of Saturday morning nerd-dom. No playing now.
    i just got back on, was able to get my reward from ISA and got kicked again
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    Yep. I'm in and looking into it.
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    trygvar13 wrote: »
    This is getting old...

It got old several weeks ago. Now I think it's ancient.
    Yep. I'm in and looking into it.

thanks, your awesome
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    Naturally it happens right as I log in to check my exchange postings. I get right up to the exchange and poof! Disconnected. :p

JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter