What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STO Holodeck Connection Issues [2/13]

Comments

• Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    kbls wrote: »
    Expect us to follow the rules... I expect you to do your job.

Saying stuff like that guarantees getting smacked-around by the B&hammer. I highly suggest redacting your statement.

Not necessarily. While definitely rude, what he(or she) said was not actually that horrible. Trendy isn't some thin-skinned nancy that can't take criticism, but we'll see what happens.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    minmacdougalminmacdougal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Launcher is borked. This looks to be far more serious than a DDoS attack.

The launcher is affected by the connection to the server. Because we're in the middle of a DDoS right now it is likely that it'll appear weird or have something generic up.
  • Options
    ninzombie14ninzombie14 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    You folks realize he knows what he is doing, he knows he is affecting a bunch of other games, he is watching these threads, and getting off on getting a rise out of the people he is affecting...then he boasts about it on his Twitter page...
  • Options
    nikkobrisbanenikkobrisbane Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    kbls wrote: »
    Expect us to follow the rules... I expect you to do your job.

Saying stuff like that guarantees getting smacked-around by the B&hammer. I highly suggest redacting your statement.

Not necessarily. While definitely rude, what he(or she) said was not actually that horrible. Trendy isn't some thin-skinned nancy that can't take criticism, but we'll see what happens.

Bloody oath she isn't, to put up with this community she'd have to have the thickest skin in the world :pensive:

• Options
    richspearrichspear Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Someone call his mom and end this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    They keep saying on the launcher "normal gameplay isn't affected", but IT IS.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    Hey everyone! Just a few notes.

Yes, we are aware. It's complicated and very involved. That being said this is something we are taking very, very seriously.

We won't comment on any details of our security operations in response to this as to do so would potentially compromise security measures taken/taking.

I am reiterating the necessity of following the Community Rules and Policies. If you begin to flame or threaten others in this thread, this is highly inappropriate.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,043 Community Moderator
    Appreciate it Trendy.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    You folks realize he knows what he is doing, he knows he is affecting a bunch of other games, he is watching these threads, and getting off on getting a rise out of the people he is affecting...then he boasts about it on his Twitter page...

As I said....its all just a TRIBBLE extension :smiley: People like this do things like this to make up for something.
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    The team is investigating the issues currently affecting Captains from accessing Holodeck.

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Question: Since this hacker has been attacking PWE for so many months, what is PWE doing to go after them and permanently stop them?
  • Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    This a reminder that I still expect people to follow the Community Rules and Policies. Frustration is understandable, but flaming and outright threats or comments of violence are not.

Surely the tech guys can do something.

Every minute the server is down Cryptic is losing money. They have every motivation to do anything they can to fix it as quickly as possible. That being said, what exactly do you think they should be doing that they probably aren't already?

People have said it over and over, contact local authorities. Its not hard. This small child is annoucing to the world...he is not hiding it. The evidence is enough to bust him for low end Cyber terroism. However people telling trendy to do there job are kinda dumb, Trendy is doing there job. Laughingtrendy has been doing an awesome job.

That's assuming the local authorities care. The biggest internet troll of all time was a kid in Canada who SWATted, stalked and DDOSed pretty much anyone he felt like it - there were dozens of separate cases, solid evidence of who he was, multiple local law enforcement branches in the victims jurisdictions co-operating to gather evidence. The local authorities where the kid lived? They did squat. For years. Since all of his victims were in the US, no authorities here could do anything to him without their cooperation, and they didn't cooperate.

Chances are, since it's almost certain that they know who this dweeb is at this point, is that he lives somewhere where law enforcement either doesn't care or is too busy doing other things, and the FBI/Interpol don't have jurisdiction to take action.

It sucks, but that's the way it is most of the time.
  • Options

Yes, we are aware. It's complicated and very involved. That being said this is something we are taking very, very seriously.

We won't comment on any details of our security operations in response to this as to do so would potentially compromise security measures taken/taking.

I am reiterating the necessity of following the Community Rules and Policies. If you begin to flame or threaten others in this thread, this is highly inappropriate.

Thanks Trendy, we are grateful to have someone who actually explains what is being done. Obviously you can disclose details and people need to understand that.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    Well I am back ingame, so far so good. Maybe the moron has stopped for now

Spoke to soon, and cos of all this I lost my dil I just ground...Not happy with that....Dam you hacker.
  • Options
    minmacdougalminmacdougal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    fadmbambam wrote: »
    The team is investigating the issues currently affecting Captains from accessing Holodeck.

~Morrigan "LaughingTrendy"

Question: Since this hacker has been attacking PWE for so many months, what is PWE doing to go after them and permanently stop them?

PWE/Trendy can't say as this can potentially compromise them.
  • Options
    I'll wait for the official all clear before checking.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    @pwlaughingtrendy is our cyber overlord and savior :D

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    ninzombie14ninzombie14 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    "Knowingly causing the transmission of a program, information, code, or command that causes damage or intentionally accessing a computer without authorization, and as a result of such conduct, causes damage that results in:
    * Loss to one or more persons during any one-year period aggregating at least $5,000 in value. " Umm yeah, Mr. "NeverwinterGod" has definitely committed a felony - if you take the average transactions of STO players in a single day - it exceeds well over $5000.....so Cryptic / Arc / PWE - whichever he is targeting has a perfect legal case against this person...
  • Options
    mike03ucmike03uc Member Posts: 227 Arc User

Not to belabor the point, but Trendy is right. Naturally, we're all frustrated (I was in the middle of Surface Tension), but screaming about it on here likely won't make much of a difference. The only people who can do anything are folks like Trendy, and being as this is their job (and they certainly seem to be very good at it), I'm certain they're doing everything possible. So, let's let them do their job, knowing there's nothing more we can do.

I work in engineering. In any tech field, cyber security is a very serious concern, and no matter how well-guarded your servers are, there's always a way to make this happen. Do bear in mind that, for most people who do this, this is pretty much all they do. It's practically their job...as sick as that sounds. Unfortunately, there's only so much you can do to stop someone who's so hell-bent on causing electronic destruction.

e0M7OhA.png
  • Options
    "Knowingly causing the transmission of a program, information, code, or command that causes damage or intentionally accessing a computer without authorization, and as a result of such conduct, causes damage that results in:
    * Loss to one or more persons during any one-year period aggregating at least $5,000 in value. " Umm yeah, Mr. "NeverwinterGod" has definitely committed a felony - if you take the average transactions of STO players in a single day - it exceeds well over $5000.....so Cryptic / Arc / PWE - whichever he is targeting has a perfect legal case against this person...

A Felony in the US?
    I think this guy's on the other side of the world, so International stuff makes things complicated.
  • Options
    scarlet0nescarlet0ne Member Posts: 11 Arc User

Thanks for keeping us updated Trendy.
  • Options
    misterferengi#8959 misterferengi Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    I've had enough now. Game closed time to find something else to do until the sun comes up tomorrow
  • Options
    buggy285buggy285 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I'm still unable to log in. Does anyone know whats causing the problem?
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,331 Arc User
    I've had enough now. Game closed time to find something else to do until the sun comes up tomorrow

Yeah. Tried to get in to wrap up daily refine but that will have to wait for now.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    buggy285 wrote: »

DDoS Prick and his beef against Neverwinter.
  • Options

Someone is new to this discussion :p

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    richspearrichspear Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Time to visit an old friend , SKYRIM, never lets me down
  • Options
    fiachrafiachra Member Posts: 3 Arc User

rattler2 wrote: »
    A Felony in the US?
    I think this guy's on the other side of the world, so International stuff makes things complicated.

It's fairly well known he's from the UK. So it's up to them to do something.

• Options

Read theprevious pages of the thread, its a server attack from some low life. Not much we as players can do until this idiot descides to go play in the real world.