test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pop Culture Hero Coalition

Comments

• Options
    jodyhammerhandjodyhammerhand Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    A good cause I'll always sign up to, especilly this. Query though "70% goes to charity". Who is getting the other 30% of our donations?

Most NFPs or charities run administrative costs. This isn't a criticism at all, it costs to run those types of organizations. The industry average seems to be about 30% in the US, so when you give to an organization that has admin costs in this ballpark, you know you're giving to an organization wherein 70 cents of every dollar you give is going to support the cause AND that the organization is spending significantly more money on the cause than on themselves. That they are at the industry average is a good thing. Again, for this cause and regardless of the reward, this is money well and happily given.
  • Options
    bluemage3bluemage3 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Question about this stuff are these account wide or just character based?
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Do the T6 pack codes come for each ship or as a bundle? Wondering if it'll work if you have the Delta Ops pack or if getting them now will keep you from later buying the Delta Ops Pack.
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    bluemage3 wrote: »
    Question about this stuff are these account wide or just character based?

It's all account wide. However, they don't show up in the normal C-store. You find all of them under the Promotions tab in game.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    Do the T6 pack codes come for each ship or as a bundle? Wondering if it'll work if you have the Delta Ops pack or if getting them now will keep you from later buying the Delta Ops Pack.

Bundle. I got 1 code that unlocked all of them at the same time. However, you can claim them individually in the Promotions tab so it doesn't just dump all of them on you at once.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    alphahydrialphahydri Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    Citibank has Xsolla, the company that handles the donations, listed as a "bad merchant" and therefore no direct card transactions can go through. Working through Paypal is okay, but you need your bank account linked in order for that to work.

Looks like I'll be missing out on donating and earning these awesome prizes because of technicalities....
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,798 Arc User
    alphahydri wrote: »
    Citibank has Xsolla, the company that handles the donations, listed as a "bad merchant" and therefore no direct card transactions can go through. Working through Paypal is okay, but you need your bank account linked in order for that to work.

Looks like I'll be missing out on donating and earning these awesome prizes because of technicalities....

I don't use PayPal and my card is not from CitiBank. I have e-mailed their support as my card shows, both of my transactions did go through.
  • Options
    Hmmm I do not see the T6 bundle listed... only the 8 T1 or shuttles. Guess sold out.
  • Options
    alphahydrialphahydri Member Posts: 391 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    alphahydri wrote: »

I don't use PayPal and my card is not from CitiBank. I have e-mailed their support as my card shows, both of my transactions did go through.
    That would be why your transaction went through, LOL

• Options
    roninfelroninfel Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    Hmmm I do not see the T6 bundle listed... only the 8 T1 or shuttles. Guess sold out.

Not Sold out yet...1371 left. You don't select it when you make the donation. If you donate over $10 you automatically get it.

Although I donated over 90 minutes ago and I still have not received my codes.
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    For those waiting codes they dont email them to you. Click the link in your email where it says
    Your Groupees downloads can always be found on your personal purchases page

You get your arc keys from that page to put in to redeem the items.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    Do the shuttles/T1 ships all come with their own code? I have most of these already on my main account.
  • Options
    drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    Better than me, I got "Unfortunately we cannot process your payment at this time" and with my luck by the time it's sorted out the Guardian bundles will be gone.
  • Options
    As for the Leeta Boff, is it a Tac boff? This is the same holo boff that was given away at the last convention right?
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    As for the Leeta Boff, is it a Tac boff? This is the same holo boff that was given away at the last convention right?

Nobody has the boff right now as the target isnt met, but the convenrion thing was a leeta doff unless they changed it since london.

Ps the shuttles/T1 ships are all individual codes and can be fifted.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    ok nm I found that you can list all the ships/shuttles codes in your Groupee Account info...
  • Options
    hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    glad to see I'm not the only one who saw purchases disappear and otherwise is having issues with that site. Hopefully it all resolves properly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    check your groupee account... it should have your history and you should see the STO bundle... I clicked on mine and got a list of ships/shuttles... it the button to reveal codes for you to use.
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    ufpterrell wrote: »
    I threw in the $10 whatever that is in GBP. I got bullied really badly at both primary and secondary school and know how much it sucked. A worthy cause, and if I get some free stuff out of it all the better :).
    Yeah, I think most of us can relate to this cause. I've seen my 14 y.o. son struggle with it for years, and many times he gets it because he's defending the kids that get picked on. I went ahead and tossed in a bit more for my donation, definitely a cause i can support.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    The purchase process was described slightly wrong; you buy the 8 individual ships, bump the price to $10, and the T6 bundle is free, as described on the Groupees purchase page. We'll see if it goes through as advertised... :*
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    dirlettia wrote: »

Nobody has the boff right now as the target isnt met, but the convenrion thing was a leeta doff unless they changed it since london.

pretty sure they offered up a leeta hologram bridge officer during the last convention, vegas?... i saw mention of it here on forums and front page news.
  • Options
    galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    As a parent of two children who had to deal with this, I am behind this all the way. Gladly donated.
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • Options

pretty sure they offered up a leeta hologram bridge officer during the last convention, vegas?... i saw mention of it here on forums and front page news.

Ok it was a medical hologram bridge officer... my mistake. They had that leeta image with the doc and nog. Folks were talking about the Leeta image being off and cross in my mind with the new BOFF convention reward.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User

Ok it was a medical hologram bridge officer... my mistake. They had that leeta image with the doc and nog. Folks were talking about the Leeta image being off and cross in my mind with the new BOFF convention reward.

The Doctor Boff was this year's convention. Last year was the entertainment Leeta doff.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    adorkabledoriadorkabledori Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I feel ashamed of it. Let me be clear: nothing against the cause, charity and the idea. But c'mon: most of the ships are already available, most of us have them already obtained for free in one way or another and so on. But the most shocking of it all: Those T6 ship don't bring anything special to the lot. Those are exactly the same as those we can get in the C-store, except for the exclusive skin of the runabout and guardian. To be honest, an extra effort could have been made for the good cause.
  • Options
    realdarth5ava63realdarth5ava63 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Well looked in the groupees account and i have no purchases, funny i got a email saying i paid and the money was removed from my bank account. Be careful people.
  • Options
    isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    A good cause I'll always sign up to, especilly this. Query though "70% goes to charity". Who is getting the other 30% of our donations?

Most NFPs or charities run administrative costs. This isn't a criticism at all, it costs to run those types of organizations. The industry average seems to be about 30% in the US, so when you give to an organization that has admin costs in this ballpark, you know you're giving to an organization wherein 70 cents of every dollar you give is going to support the cause AND that the organization is spending significantly more money on the cause than on themselves. That they are at the industry average is a good thing. Again, for this cause and regardless of the reward, this is money well and happily given.

That's still the charity though. Unless the phrasing is very different in the US. If I give £100 to Oxfam, £100 goes to the charity Oxfam even though something like 20% is spent on overheads and admin.

• Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    The purchase process was described slightly wrong; you buy the 8 individual ships, bump the price to $10, and the T6 bundle is free, as described on the Groupees purchase page. We'll see if it goes through as advertised... :*

I think you can buy any number of the $1 ships, so long as you increase your donation to $10 or more you should get the guardian bundle. In theory.

Frankly, it is a good cause and even if something borked and I didn't get the ships at all I wouldn't be too bent out of shape over it. The ships are just a 'thank you' in my opinion. I bought two of the $1 ships and raised my donation to $15.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    rhinojonrhinojon Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Not impressed with this at all. I want the ships and Leeta and so have tried to buy 2 bundles (1 for myself and 1 for the wife).. both have disappeared from my purchases page and nothing showing in PayPal... guess their system can't cope with the volume of traffic it is getting. Not going to risk using a credit \ bank card as I don't want to pay 4 times...
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    toiva wrote: »
    Thumbs up for Cryptic/PWE. Those are some very nice goodies.

I even regret I don't deal with money over the internet. (One of the reasons I never spent anything over MMOs.)

I tend to be wary myself. Maybe at some point they'll do a C-Store charity event where some portion of the proceeds for a weekend is donated to Pop Culture Hero Coalition? That would at least keep it "in-house", for those that aren't comfortable with otherwise unknown sites and financial information (or those whose bank doesn't like the payment processor).
    I'm kinda surprised that it's only Mirror Fed ships. :/

Yeah, a Mirror Mat'Ha/Aelahl would've been awesome, if not a Mirror To'Duj/Scorpion... ah well.

Still (and despite already having pretty much what I want out of that pack unlocked anyway), I'd have been all over this if it'd been offered under the Promotions tab of the C-Store (offered for 1000 Zen... heck even 2000 Zen... not claimed once you redeemed your code). Of course, there's probably some sort of technical or legal snag that prevents that, but it'd have been nice.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​