test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pop Culture Hero Coalition

Comments

• redbergguardianredbergguardian Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I was a bit late for T6 but still donated. Surprising they didn't make more T6 available though as they would get more money for their charity.
  • zellkarrathzellkarrath Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Oh right, now I'll have a Boff that should realistically have the Agony Rifle to.
  • resolutevoiceresolutevoice Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    The T6 bundle shouldn't be limited for a specific amount, but rather for a set number of days so that all have a chance to get it.
    I got it cos I'm at home, but some might be at work or otherwise unable to get it now because the number has run out.

Yep! Very disappointed! I wasn't able to get this, because you know, I have a life. Work/Gym/House to run!

But whatever, there are antibullying charities in the UK that are just as deserving of £10 that I can donate to without feeling like I lost out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • misterperseusmisterperseus Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    I'm sooo not happy with you! Post this while we on the west coast are at work and have it sold out at 10:45ish am. This on top of last weeks bs with the T5 ship giveaway, Arrrgh!!
  • gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    I think people may be missing the point.

The point of donating to charity is not to get a material reward. It is the act of helping others less fortunate. Lets try to remember what Star Trek is all about please.
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    ejames127 wrote: »
    While this is a nice cause, I'd like to point out that as someone who has to work for a living I had no chance for the T6 bundle. Good job TRIBBLE up what should have been a very feel-good promotion to help a worthy cause.

Thank you Chase, thank you cryptic, for ruining my night and making me feel very discrimated against and bullied.

I am absolutely appaled that someone would use a charity like this to make people feel like the victems the charity is supposed to represent.

Good. Job. Cryptic!
    a7701d16eafb0876880baa6ea399989d1447371145.gif

• gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Quite...
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    I'm sooo not happy with you! Post this while we on the west coast are at work and have it sold out at 10:45ish am. This on top of last weeks bs with the T5 ship giveaway, Arrrgh!!

If they'd done it at another time, some other part of the world would have missed out on it. Now that I'm thinking about it, probably half the world missed it because they're asleep.

Instead of centering this around your own small world, you could have made a case for keeping it up multiple days so that everyone got a chance. Instead you're just concerned that YOU missed it, seemingly without caring for the hundreds or thousands others that couldn't participate. I don't feel bad for you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Would be nice if their site was working properly. I keep getting error GP019 and can't look at my purchases in my account there. >_>
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    Very nice Cryptic :) and for a very good cause. Awesome participation too, thousands of bundle sold in few hours, glad to be part of this :) And Holo Leeta Boff is AWESOME :D
    @risian4

CRYPIC/STO know they are world wide, they should have made the offer good for 24 hours.
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    I actually don't much care about the giveaways. It's a good cause and one worthy of support.
    STO could have made better choices in the T1 ships. How about a mirror Steamrunner, or that Andorian that Neverwinter buyers got. Shuttles and ship already gifted don't open wallets.
  • harryhausenharryhausen Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    How can you be out of stock of a digital item?

BridgeBOPSTIII.jpg

@risian4

CRYPIC/STO know they are world wide, they should have made the offer good for 24 hours.

That doesn't change anything about the fact that your earlier comment is very egocentric. And it's a comment made in a thread referring to a charity even. How ironic.
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    I donated to a worthy cause, and got a little something in return. I'm happy.
    Did the incentive entice me to donate? Yes it did.
    Would I have spent $10 to either buy the ships from Cryptic or donate to the charity separately? No I wouldn't.

So it's a win-win. Kudos to Ms. Masterson, Cryptic, and the STO community.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • lordstipe2000lordstipe2000 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    The cause was worth it. However I was promised something that has yet to be delivered. I have an email confirming my purchase and no codes in my account yet (groupee) and no response to my support ticket. This is very poor implementation. Id better see something soon.
  • teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I kinda get why people are upset over it. I got lucky, but had I been at work, I would have been s.o.l.
    It seems Cryptic could have easily just made it 24 hrs. That's a nice hard limit on it that also makes everyone feel good about giving.
    I get that giving to charity is its own reward, but the nature of this really can make some people feel like they are left out just because they happen to have a job which is really gonna leave some folks feeling the burn since they're typically the ones without as much disposable income to give to charity while simultaneously making just enough or proud enough not to use charity. I can get how that could sting. I think generally Laughing Trendy has good responses to these situations, but this one could have used a little more empathy on the part of the users. At least a moment of understand seeing as how normally these ships can go for $30.

Would like to add that it was really great of Chase Masterson to do the charity.

It was altogether a nice idea. It's just a shame that there couldn't be stronger execution on the part of Cryptic to let all of the players feel great about their donation.
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
  • njdmb30njdmb30 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Bummer that the T6 bundle was so limited. I just heard about it and it's been sold out for hours. Time-limited would have made more sense. Would have been my first T6 ships, too. That would have been nice.
  • gothkid1972gothkid1972 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    Im sure alot of you did it for the warm fuzzy feeling, Im honest I did it for the items...and Im getting really irritated that I put in a ticket 4 hours ago at their site that remains "Open"...but they damn well took my money the second I clicked the button...

Really starting to feel like maybe Cryptic should check the companies they do promos with to make sure their competent...
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    Adding my voice to those thanking Chase and Cryptic for this awesome opportunity. And to those saying the limit on the t6's was way too low, should have been just a limited time opportunity and let us throw money at this worthy cause.

Hopefully they add a bunch more t6's, because I know a few people who are sad they missed out.
    edited November 2015
    There's a chat box on the website, and one of the employees said there, multiple times, that as long as you have proof of your purchase and if it was made while there were still any, you'll get the bundle, in case anyone missed that bit of info.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,865 Arc User
    njdmb30 wrote: »
    Bummer that the T6 bundle was so limited. I just heard about it and it's been sold out for hours. Time-limited would have made more sense. Would have been my first T6 ships, too. That would have been nice.

Same here...had RL commitments to take care of and by the time I got back it was sold out.

Sad to see a couple people only donated for the huge discount on the T6 ships...but the good cause get the money either way.

Just one question...are the ships account unlocked or single?
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »
    njdmb30 wrote: »

Same here...had RL commitments to take care of and by the time I got back it was sold out.

Sad to see a couple people only donated for the huge discount on the T6 ships...but the good cause get the money either way.

Just one question...are the ships account unlocked or single?
    AFAIK it's all account rewards.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • sohtohsohtoh Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    Good cause. Still haven't received my keys for the ships, but I contacted their customer support and was told that they have my transaction as being completed and credited to my account. Just a matter of time for them to figure out the problem. Not worried if there was a snafu with the counter for the T6 ships, as long as I get my Mirror Leeta
    "I'm not big on telepaths myself. I'm not big on guns either. But if everyone else has them, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    I don't mind donating. I just was told I'd get this item... and well, I haven't... despite the order going through...

also, trendy, I laughed at your response, thanks
  • zellkarrathzellkarrath Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    So the total sales just hit $32,000. Not only did we reach the $25,000 goal easily, but its still going up. It's really nice to see this community donating so much to a good cause.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    $100,000 for the Leeta Mirror Uniform? :open_mouth:
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    Somewhat pissed off; the site kept crashing for me when I tried to purchase the T6 10 USD bundle (at work); and now it's all gone.

Is there not any means of at least being able to buy it without competing with others for slots; even if it's 20 USD rather than 10? I still would pay 20 for the T6 bundle as long as I'm able to actually get around to it (at home at my convenience within a certain timeframe; even if it's just Friday-Saturday rather than at work). Time-limited rather than slot-limited.