test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Pop Culture Hero Coalition

Comments

• xylylxylyl Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    <sigh> waiting 4 hours since being billed and thus far and no codes, keys or messages. Other than receiving a ticket receipt notice, not a peep out of Groupee nor anything on the 'my purchases' page.

I deeply love the cause I donated to and shall not give up on STO, but am feeling taken advantage of. Firstly, for not being considered for recompense for give-aways lost over the last 3 weeks for being a Mac user and secondly, this. I really feel badly asking this, but is Groupee known to be reputable?

Frustrated Cheers... Admiral Cybyl
    Thus spake Admiral Cybyl:  Alea iacta est. Ibis redibis,numquam per bello peribis. Ergo, per aspera ad astra!
  • rooster707rooster707 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    So... do I have to install Arc to redeem the code?
    76561198032353876.png
  • glitterthornglitterthorn Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Happily dropped $15 (£10) for such a noble cause, and all the codes have gone through fine.
    A Mirror Universe ship is for life - not just for Alpha.
    Support T5-U Upgrades for Mirror Ships.
  • glitterthornglitterthorn Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    rooster707 wrote: »

Nope - I had no trouble going through the website.
    A Mirror Universe ship is for life - not just for Alpha.
    Support T5-U Upgrades for Mirror Ships.
  • gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User

No: https://www.arcgames.com/en/redeem
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • martakurillmartakurill Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    If it makes anyone feel any better, four hours later and still no codes for me. :(
  • rooster707rooster707 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    gazurtoid wrote: »

No: https://www.arcgames.com/en/redeem

Ah. Thanks!
    76561198032353876.png
  • titanium669titanium669 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am of the same opinion than hyperionx09. I still put 20$USD but I am not that happy about the "limited" T6 bundle. I find this is a poor decision to limit it.
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    It does look a bit as though there was a bigger response to this than expected - meaning, first, that the Groupees site got slammed hard enough for the order processing to suffer problems, and second, that the bundles sold out way quicker than expected. There's nothing Cryptic or PWE can do about the first issue... but, who knows? Might it be a good idea to set up a repeat of this promotion, possibly starting at some other time, so that people who missed out this time can have a crack at it? Just a thought.
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • oktoberfest2dispoktoberfest2disp Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    VERY well done Chase and STO! I am very happy to donate to this worthy cause. Also, the interface at the Groupees site and interface to redeem keys were both easy to follow. Commander/Admiral/Photonic Leeta is now part of the bridge crew. It is true that I am one of those folks who missed out on the mirror Guardian, but as we say on Earth, c'est la vie. In other words, no worries, and this is certainly more than I expected during my nightly log on to run dailies. Having donated to charities for various Trek personalities, this is the first time where I received something in return other than "the knowledge of a job well done." So, thanks to you all. :smile:

Mirror, Mirror warns against a future where a Terran Empire ravages the galaxy led by the ISS Enterprise.
    In the 2000s, the biggest space station we build is called the ISS.
    I am concerned.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Based on past Trek Give-a-ways, the low number of items offered shows a distinct lack of knowledge about the generosity of Trek Fans when determining the expected results.
    Post edited by daveyny on
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    VERY well done Chase and STO! I am very happy to donate to this worthy cause. Also, the interface at the Groupees site and interface to redeem keys were both easy to follow. Commander/Admiral/Photonic Leeta is now part of the bridge crew. It is true that I am one of those folks who missed out on the mirror Guardian, but as we say on Earth, c'est la vie. In other words, no worries, and this is certainly more than I expected during my nightly log on to run dailies. Having donated to charities for various Trek personalities, this is the first time where I received something in return other than "the knowledge of a job well done." So, thanks to you all. :smile:

Yup. I found it easy to navigate and no trouble at all - got my codes within a few seconds of paying.

As i had Delta Operations Pack I thought I didn't need the T6 ships so gave my code away to someone. Semi-regretting that now (that i know you get additional Mirror Guardian Admiralty card), but oh well - warm fuzzy feeling of having both donated to a worthy cause AND helped a fellow player out is enough.
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • yukonsamyukonsam Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    Heard about it early, didn't get a chance to respond until late, no T6 for me. Ah well. Holo Leeta is a welcome addition to my crew (I hope she's programmed to be less devious than the original), the little ships are cool for Admirality, and I helped a good cause. Win Win Win in my book.
  • elothoxelothox Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    Why is it taking ARC so long to comment on the broken transaction? 5 hrs and no codes?
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,149 Arc User
    Anyone else getting a GP019 error message?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • amayakitsuneamayakitsune Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    Wow... I missed out on the Guardian... *sigh* Got a mirror danube though...
    7NGGeUP.png

• aquarius24aquarius24 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    If it makes anyone feel any better, four hours later and still no codes for me. :(

Same boat here. Talked to customer support through the receipt email and they directed me to Groupees customer support...no response from them yet =/

Happy to donate, but a little worried im going to miss out on some of the benefits i paid a bit extra for because of some issue that will arise from this....
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I got lucky it was lagging and crashing but my payment went though after a few hours. I used PayPal and it always takes a wile to process
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Anyone else getting a GP019 error message?

Constantly, yes. Sent tickets in to their support. Probably won't respond until tommorrow.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    @thay8472 : I like the way you think. At the rate we're going, the community could easily reach $100k, too..
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    The only way to stop bullying would be to do what they did in Milan, Italy: make a law requiring everybody to smile at all times in public, with the exception of visiting someone in a hospital or attending a funeral. Failure to smile in public would result in a hefty fine.

Google it if you don't believe me.
  • lance1967lance1967 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    For those still "waiting" for a code...I found out that the link in the email receipt just takes you to Groupees website and it appears that you are logged in. You still need to click on the login button at the top and then the personal purchase page will pop-up. Then you can get your key for the purchase.

On a side note - I too am disappointed to the limited number of T6 ships. I was out-of-town today so I missed the window of opportunity to donate for one. As mentioned by others, I would happily donate $20 to the charity for another chance at getting one of the T6 ships.

Cryptic/Chase ... any chance of a round 2 for the T6 ship?
  • martakurillmartakurill Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited November 2015

So while I'm on hour 5 of waiting for my code, anyone know if there is anything different about the mirror danube, or is it just cosmetic?

And what do the abilities on he Leeta BOff look like?
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    Obviously it will never all be stopped. But even simple steps like eliminating the culture of victim blame and no longer fostering a jailhouse mentality at school where the student who speaks up is treated as a dirty snitch by students AND teachers alike can be meaningful. There has been some headway in these areas since back when I was in school, but I can tell you it IS possible to foster a better culture in school. The time I attended a school that actually was serious about not tolerating bullying was such a relief. Even completely no physical bullying can be severe, and leave scars. If even one child does not have to go through what I did or worse, because of efforts like this, I am happy.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • jormunrekjormunrek Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Recieved my payment confirmation email at 1:39 pm cst and still no code. =/
  • waldotrekwaldotrek Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    For those of you who are small craft collectors. Mirror Danube Console Set up is 2 Tac and 1 Eng. Very cool Mirror vessel! Thanks for the promotion!!!
    Former Moderator 10-28-16
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited November 2015

So while I'm on hour 5 of waiting for my code, anyone know if there is anything different about the mirror danube, or is it just cosmetic?

And what do the abilities on he Leeta BOff look like?

I had to buy a regular Danube just to check, lol. The mirror Danube sacrifices its science console slot for another tac slot, and its admiralty card has higher stats (the regular one has 3/2/1; the mirror one has 4/5/1).

The Leeta boff is a tac boff with intel spec. Trait-wise, she has Superior Photonic Lifeform, Superior Luck, Creative and Acute Senses (all ground traits). She is account-wide and cross-faction.
    shevet wrote: »
    It does look a bit as though there was a bigger response to this than expected - meaning, first, that the Groupees site got slammed hard enough for the order processing to suffer problems, and second, that the bundles sold out way quicker than expected. There's nothing Cryptic or PWE can do about the first issue... but, who knows? Might it be a good idea to set up a repeat of this promotion, possibly starting at some other time, so that people who missed out this time can have a crack at it? Just a thought.

Here's hoping. My mirror-themed character would love to have a T6 ship with an I.S.S. prefix and mirror hull pattern :)
  • forumkkforumkk Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I am disappointed and very happy at the same time.

First i want to congratulate for the fast movement of the community, faster the help for charity, the better. Community is great = D.

By the fact that i lost the chance to grab some ships because i was sleeping until now, not that bad.

But for the process to have issues with both my browser and my bank, (︶︹︺).
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    lance1967 wrote: »
    For those still "waiting" for a code...I found out that the link in the email receipt just takes you to Groupees website and it appears that you are logged in. You still need to click on the login button at the top and then the personal purchase page will pop-up. Then you can get your key for the purchase.

Nope. It takes me to my page, showing no purchases. Logging out and back in doesn't help.
  • lance1967lance1967 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    swamarian wrote: »
    lance1967 wrote: »

Nope. It takes me to my page, showing no purchases. Logging out and back in doesn't help.

So you are:

1. clicking on the link in the email that says "Your Groupees downloads can always be found on your personal purchases page" which then brings up the Groupees website and just shows "USER PROFILE" in large letters followed by a blank avatar?
    2. And then at the top right of the screen you are clicking on "Join/Log in"?
    3. Which then takes you to a screen that has tabs labeled "Bundles", "Games", "Music", etc... and you don't see your STO purchase under the "Bundles" tab???

If that's so, then I'm sorry to hear you are having problems getting it. I too thought I was having problems until I did step #2 above.

I hope they can get your problem fixed soon.