test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dry Docking Is Coming!

Comments

• Options
    johnwatson71johnwatson71 Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    looking forward to this still. Any info about how many default dry dock slots we get at first before we need to buy?
    7aamriW.png
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    On Tribble there was (last time i checked):
    5 slots for silver and 10 slots for gold players.
    With additional possible 300 to buy
    Zen store is disabled on Tribble, so don't know how much to buy slots
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    On tribble I got 5 dock spaces but I am an LTS. I was using an old character so Maybe the mechanics have been updated. On a side note, i saw some of the old ships that I dismissed and will never be able to use in the admiralty system.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »
    On Tribble there was (last time i checked):
    5 slots for silver and 10 slots for gold players.
    With additional possible 300 to buy
    Zen store is disabled on Tribble, so don't know how much to buy slots
    Not sure why you put it in spoiler tags - it's not a story revelation now, is it?

The 300 - is that supposed to be a single purchase?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    On tribble I got 5 dock spaces but I am an LTS. I was using an old character so Maybe the mechanics have been updated. On a side note, i saw some of the old ships that I dismissed and will never be able to use in the admiralty system.

Everybody's a Silver player on Tribble, though. The patch notes confirm saber1973a's claim.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    elvnswordselvnswords Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    Dry Docking is an exciting new feature which allows you to store your hard-earned ships for the long term with the convenience of a few clicks, opening up Ship Slots!

Learn more about our new feature here.

~LaughingTrendy

I have a suggestion to make dry dock truly exciting. Give us one dock instead of one per character. When a ship is put into dock by a character, it can be pulled out by a qualifying character (level/faction check). This could allow us to move ships over to other characters such as lock box ships that are otherwise not reclaimable.

Imagine being able to put a lucky ship from one character to the other with the name intact.

The only problem I see is the possibility of abuse with the admiralty system. Perhaps no ship claimed via the drydock can produce a admiralty card would be a solution?

What do you think folks?

• Options
    aiden089aiden089 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    cant wait for this to be implemented!
    Nedya.png
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    You should be able to dry dock a ship with the console it came with.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    No idea aobut purchases - the Zenn stor on Tribble is turned off
  • Options
    terpesterpes Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    When exactly it'll be implemented? I'm waiting for it. Right now I don't see that drydock button, so maybe it'll be in a near patch?
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    This Thursday, if all goes well. I'm 99% sure of that.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    bulvynebulvyne Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Looks like $4 for 5 slots... with availability of up to 300 slots? LOL... I think Cryptic is going about this all wrong...

With limited space to keep my various ships, I am LESS LIKELY to buy more ships. Dry Docking - especially at that price - is not going to encourage me to buy more - it's going to discourage me from buying more.

Just my 2 bars of gold-pressed latinum, of course.
  • Options
    ulfgarionulfgarion Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    All players will have access to a handful of Dry Docking slots upon the feature’s release, and Gold Subscribers will automatically be granted access to many more.

...we need to talk about the meaning of "many more"...

Oh and 400 for 5 slots? just to much...

I will use the free 10 slots but that's it. If we would get 5 for every character 400zen would be a valid prize.

(just a sidenote: To get all 300 you need 24.000 Zen: 300$)
  • Options
    thelunarboythelunarboy Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    If you have spread Zen ships out over various characters, you don't even need the dry docks in order to get your admiralty cards for owned ships. Just commission and decommission for free on your alternate toons. :)
    elvnswords wrote: »
    I have a suggestion to make dry dock truly exciting. Give us one dock instead of one per character. When a ship is put into dock by a character, it can be pulled out by a qualifying character (level/faction check). This could allow us to move ships over to other characters such as lock box ships that are otherwise not reclaimable.

Imagine being able to put a lucky ship from one character to the other with the name intact.

The only problem I see is the possibility of abuse with the admiralty system. Perhaps no ship claimed via the drydock can produce a admiralty card would be a solution?

What do you think folks?

Actually using the drydock as an account bank for ships and making lockbox ships account bound makes a certain degree of sense to me... but I believe it would be nice if upon putting a lockbox ship in drydock, all your characters gained access to the admiralty card for the ship (Although unlike Zen ships, the lockbox ship itself could only exist once per account).
  • Options
    fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    rahhmi wrote: »
    So basically.. "Item Claim" Is a feature you guys wanna charge for.

Since this is technically "Item Claim". This isn't even any form if ship storage.. it's IDENTICAL to Item Claim. Except you're selling slots for it.

What's with all the Reskinned UI stuff being passed off as "content" lately? The "Admirality" system, which "Isn't the doff system" but doffs glitch into in the foundry... Now Item claim. With Slots.

Hate to say it this is spot on, and they wonder where the players have all gone, new seasons are usually flooded with players, this time around its a ghost town.

Your idea of content is now tiring, Doffing, Admiralty, more Reps are not content but features, now this Dry Dock , handy to have but charging for this feature/mechanic?

Ok so you add Two Ques, wow! , seriously these Foundry guys could do that in one evening.

You really need to think ahead stop adding grind after grind, charging for mechanics etc, i want to see the server have players once again but you need to add 'fun' and real content.

As for Battlegrounds, forget them , they always end up empty, just go look for yourselfs, save them for endgame if it ever comes.
  • Options
    abrahamjohnson83abrahamjohnson83 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Is this end game conform? If I had max. sized bank and inventory, where to store all the items from the dry-docked ship? I think we need more slots? Currently the feature doesn't work for me because I have no place to hold the ship items? Bank and inventory is full and this all unique or special items. Please give us the possibility to buy more slots for the bank and inventory and this feature make sense!
  • Options
    stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    ruinthefun wrote: »
    Drydock expansion slots are a terrible deal. Here's some numbers: Ship slots, 250Z each. A ship stores 23 pieces of equipment, equivalent to 23 bank slots (11 consoles, 8 guns, 4 S/D/E/W) (25Z each).

So, to purchase 5 ship slots will cost you 1250 Z. To purchase 5 drydock slots and 115 bank slots will cost you 3275 Z. This is an awful deal, and you are better served by acquiring regular ship slots. Even if you assess the ship-based bank slots as being half value due to specific requirements of what can be stored, you're still looking at ~1800 Z-worth for the Drydock + extra bank slots package vs. 1250Z for straight ship slots.

This. Fully agree.

I would point out that you can't buy nearly as many inventory/bank slots as drydock slots. I don't know what the cap is offhand, but pretty sure it's not 300. So this will still be a QoL feature for big spenders, but not for everybody.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • Options
    kdawgenigmakdawgenigma Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    There is not even 300 ships per faction. Why would you ever need that many for dry dock? This only has one useful purpose and that's banking ships that are non reclaimable.

-Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
    -I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
    I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
    -The actions of Cryptic, on the other hand......
  • Options
    lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    Frankly I have to question the sanity and the intelligence of anyone who would pay 120,000 zen to unlock all of these slots. Thats all kinds of nuts. The value for your money on this one is so absurdly bad its almost laughable.

That being said, if this is any indication of future pricing schemes.....i'm concerned, to say the least.
  • Options
    bucklerpwbucklerpw Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    Give unlimited free slots. Ships are more expensive than slots. People will buy more ships if you don't restrict their space. Consider it.
  • Options
    commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    I really don't see much of a utility for this system, except to store currently un-reclaimable ships. would it have not been more cost effective to flag the lock box and mission reward ships the same as the event ships? This is more so with the fact all the items on the ships get dumped back on me and I have no space with all the unique items etc... this game dumps on us. It seems nothing more than a paid way to reclaim items you have already paid for in some manner.

Just like I felt about the loadout system, if there is no way to store the gear (it has to get dumped back on you) then it makes no sense. Sure, I will dump my mirror and "door prize" lockbox ships in there, but I will never pay for any expansions to it. Especially at that high price point. It would make more sense for me to buy ship slots which have the additional storage capacity.

Oh well, not everything produced will be a gem. I hardly see this as a revenue generator for them.
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    I hope they realize long time veterans were only using ships they didn't use for extra storage so being that we already are bombarded with items that fill up our banks that there is no where to put this gear. Hence we can't use this system because of that fact its like selling your car for gas money.
  • Options
    agentexeideragentexeider Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    LOL, I've been playing too much GTA V, but when I saw the thread title I couldn't help but laugh so very very hard. :) I'm sorry Trendy it's just too funny...
  • Options
    boatswasboatswas Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    One of the things I like about being able to keep ships I've "grown out of" is that they're a place to keep gear, so I don't fill up my bank and inventory slots. Losing the skin / personalization isn't that big of a deal - just go back to the ship customizer and reload it (if we remembered to save =) ) ... but, really - the gear I have on them is there for a few reasons; one of which is so it won't take up space for other stuff.

Really, it would be a simple block of code to include all of it - including the customization.
    "ref ship X
    incl item 123
    incl item 334
    incl item 765
    incl skin 300
    incl interior 001"

I know, my specifics don't match your code, but the logic does. Since (most) programmers work with obj codes these days, this is a no-brainer. So... why isn't it being done?

OH, since we're talking about no-brainers (or, since *I* am), when are our developers going to change the interior of the Rom ships? Don't they deserve to display trophies? Don't they deserve to at least resemble the Rom ships we've seen glimpses of, in every Star Trek series that went beyond the bridge? I mean, their singularity core is well done.... but, that's been finished for a while!

Also, why can't we have interiors for the ships we buy, that aren't Fed, KDF, Rom, or freighters? I promise that if you gave the task to some high school or college kids, with the promise of their getting a free gold membership (even if for only one year) plus the ship they've worked on, you'd get some excellent results... that is, if "our" developers don't want to waste their time...
  • Options
    aikurisuaikurisu Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Great news really. Certainly scratches my orderly itch. =)
  • Options
    chacesumichacesumi Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Gold is subscribers right? Yeah it only says 5 slots in game.
  • Options
    mreboy3200mreboy3200 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Same here, I am subscribed but I have 5 slots currently.
  • Options
    gulremalgulremal Member Posts: 153 Arc User
    I have a feeling this was introduced simply to make us buy more ship slots. As long as you can't drydock ship with the gear on, ship slots will be more efficient purchase.
This discussion has been closed.