test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dry Docking Is Coming!

Comments

• dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    After having trudged my way around the DS9 shipyard and the Flotilla's ship logistics room reclaiming a lot of event ships from over the years, I'm starting to seriously think that I won't bring the Alts into the Admiralty Ship System until this comes out and I can dry-dock away my levelling ships...

Hey, I hung onto them this long and look at what I got for it. Never know when something's gonna come in useful...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    Good news, considering how I'm never going to delete the T'liss. That would be criminal! :-)
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    Someone in game told me yesterday that they were having issues with the dry dock system. Something about ships disappearing after logging out of the game, which would be very very bad if it went live that way.

So far I haven't seen any dev response on why dry dock didn't go live yet. But it does make sense to delay it if they're having such a major issue. It would be nice if they could make an announcement about the situation and how long they think it might be delayed. A lot of people were looking forward to it and are constantly asking in game where this system is, only for me and others having to tell them the system isn't live yet.
  • roninfelroninfel Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    Someone in game told me yesterday that they were having issues with the dry dock system. Something about ships disappearing after logging out of the game, which would be very very bad if it went live that way.

So far I haven't seen any dev response on why dry dock didn't go live yet. But it does make sense to delay it if they're having such a major issue. It would be nice if they could make an announcement about the situation and how long they think it might be delayed. A lot of people were looking forward to it and are constantly asking in game where this system is, only for me and others having to tell them the system isn't live yet.

I thought I read somewhere that it wasn't going to be live with season 11. That it was going to be soon after but I could just be imagining things.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    roninfel wrote: »

I thought I read somewhere that it wasn't going to be live with season 11. That it was going to be soon after but I could just be imagining things.

Yeah, it's going to be awhile before Drydocking hits.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps

So far I haven't seen any dev response on why dry dock didn't go live yet.

If this is true, its a shame but i still feel that they should make Mirror, LB, and ALL event ships (Obelisk Carrier, Kamarag Battlecruiser Retrofit) should be account wide. At the very least, the cards should be. They already started this with the Breen and summer event ships and the Ambassador ship in the c-store. The poor F2P players (KDF/Rom's) are really lacking in ships. But that's just my opinion.
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • whitetigger007whitetigger007 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    ... alright thats it what about all the ships we've dismissed over the years that we could have done this to... are you gonna reimburse us for those lost ships now that you added a feature you should have had in to begin with....

This: Only more polite. The lower tier ships are typically the first to get dismissed to make space. It would be nice to be able to reclaim them somehow. I get that you can't tell what ships I purchased from tier 2 forward, but the starter ships should be reclaimable at any time now also.
    flyingtarg wrote: »
    szim wrote: »
    But this is only true for lower tier ships and lockbox ships. All other ships, event ships, c-store ships, are reclaimable. Again I think expanding the maximum number of ship slots would be a lot better.

Last time we checked, the count of players with the maximum number of ship slots was incredibly small (I believe it was in the single digits).

The number of ship slots a player can have is actually pretty high. From a performance standpoint, they're also incredibly expensive, because a ship in a ship slot has a TON of data. There is no way we could continue to expand the number of available ship slots indefinitely, it would just be too expensive. Dry Dock Slots are incredibly cheap in comparison, and we can offer many more of them than we could ship slots.

And the reason /I/ don't have all my ship slots full is that I like to keep at least one empty slot for special event ships that may come along. So while your numbers may not reflect this, there are a lot of Admirals out there scratching their heads trying to figure out which ship they can let go of so they can get that shiny new _______ that just got released.

• chivs116chivs116 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    Question...with the ships in dry dock can they still be used in the adirmality System?
    4058756.jpg
  • sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    chivs116 wrote: »
    Question...with the ships in dry dock can they still be used in the adirmality System?

Yes. When you get a ship, it goes into your active ships slots. Once there it creates an Admiralty card. The ship can now be dismissed or moved to the drydocks and the Admiralty card will remain.

Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • chivs116chivs116 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    sisteric wrote: »
    chivs116 wrote: »

Yes. When you get a ship, it goes into your active ships slots. Once there it creates an Admiralty card. The ship can now be dismissed or moved to the drydocks and the Admiralty card will remain.

Thanks solves that problem...more ships here i come
    4058756.jpg
  • depayensdepayens Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    ... alright thats it what about all the ships we've dismissed over the years that we could have done this to... are you gonna reimburse us for those lost ships now that you added a feature you should have had in to begin with....

I agree with this comment. I was in game at launch. I have only one or two of my original ships. I'd sure like to be able to get those old ones back for the admiralty system. Or maybe they can offer tier one, two, or three admiralty ship packs. They would only be for admiralty, but you could do more admiralty missions.
  • tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    I hope that they fix whatever prevented it for S11 launch and have it out Thurs along with extending the dil ship sale. Was going to buy a bunch of those but haven't bothered since there was no dry docking.
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    I hope Drydock comes sooner than later; with the Winter Event, I'll be out of room again, and will have to start dumping reclaimable ships again... :o
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    So, umm, shouldn't this feature be called, I don't know, maybe, perhaps, Space Docking????

Silly me.
  • thelunarboythelunarboy Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    So, umm, shouldn't this feature be called, I don't know, maybe, perhaps, Space Docking????

Silly me.

No.... because it is derived from a naval term that describes what is done to a ship when it is in a particular kind of dock... and not merely a physical description of a ship's location. Yes it is in a dock in space, but it isn't just parked... it has been lifted out of its operating habitat for refit/repair or mothballing. Think of the term as akin to the floppy disk symbol for saving a file on your computer. :)
    I think that Mothball Fleet would have been better than Drydocking. More descriptive to me, and a truer representation what is happening with the ship.
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)

• captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    I think that Mothball Fleet would have been better than Drydocking. More descriptive to me, and a truer representation what is happening with the ship.

But do they really use mothballs? :p
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User

but the fact that remains is that mothballed means scrap pile incoming, sorry I prefer drydock.
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    I hope Drydock comes sooner than later; with the Winter Event, I'll be out of room again, and will have to start dumping reclaimable ships again... :o

agreed hope it doesn't turn into a secondary deflectors a year later thing
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Think of the term as akin to the floppy disk symbol for saving a file on your computer. :)
    In the far future, when we use artificial hyperdimensional holographic string configurations for storing information, we will still use this symbol, and people will harken it back to the stone age, when Steve Gates and Hillary Gutenberg invented the written language by carving symbols on a stone tablet with a chisel.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • digitalaarondigitalaaron Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    depayens wrote: »

I agree with this comment. I was in game at launch. I have only one or two of my original ships. I'd sure like to be able to get those old ones back for the admiralty system. Or maybe they can offer tier one, two, or three admiralty ship packs. They would only be for admiralty, but you could do more admiralty missions.

they lowered the dil price of all the free ships you got as you leveled. If your really feeling nostalgic over these ships it wont break you dil bank to go get them again.
  • roninfelroninfel Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    ak255 wrote: »
    Okay, so at first
    Just found that when you claim a ship from the c-store it is automatically added to admirality. It's possible having any new ships added to your active roster will do the same. Still it would be easier to move stuff over to dry dock so I'm not claiming and dismissing 1 ship at a time.

Yeah, it makes it more convenient for us, but it's not something you need. I mean, I thought the whole point of this was because of the Admiralty system and how I thought ships you had in your ROSTER only applied to it. But now that I know I can just repurchase a C-Store ship and then dismiss it right after to just add it to my Admiralty, why would I need this? I'm only limited to a few assignments anyways, it's not like DOFFs where I can send 100s of people. Here you can only have up to 8 missions max (when unlocked) so that's 24 ships. Yeah, they get sent to Maintenance afterwards so I might not have ships available, but I would rather wait it out then spend ZEN on this feature, unless there's more to it than that.

I currently have all the special reward ships from risa and other events sitting in their boxes in my bank. I can't unpack them because my ship roster is full of my mastered T6 and fleet ships and a few mirror ships I don't want to dismiss. I did do what you talked about, repurchasing lower tier C-store ships and dismissing them because I wouldn't fly them. I want the dry dock so I can unpack these reward ships. I guess I could really unpack them and dismiss them and just get them back from the dil store tab but the drydock would be easier. Plus it would allow me to move fleet ships that I have replaced with the new T6 fleet version there because I can't reclaim fleet ships thus opening more slots for other ships I want to get.

• darimunddarimund Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    we're being dry docked right now and you don't even realize it.
    roninfel wrote: »
    ak255 wrote: »
    Okay, so at first
    Just found that when you claim a ship from the c-store it is automatically added to admirality. It's possible having any new ships added to your active roster will do the same. Still it would be easier to move stuff over to dry dock so I'm not claiming and dismissing 1 ship at a time.

Yeah, it makes it more convenient for us, but it's not something you need. I mean, I thought the whole point of this was because of the Admiralty system and how I thought ships you had in your ROSTER only applied to it. But now that I know I can just repurchase a C-Store ship and then dismiss it right after to just add it to my Admiralty, why would I need this? I'm only limited to a few assignments anyways, it's not like DOFFs where I can send 100s of people. Here you can only have up to 8 missions max (when unlocked) so that's 24 ships. Yeah, they get sent to Maintenance afterwards so I might not have ships available, but I would rather wait it out then spend ZEN on this feature, unless there's more to it than that.

I currently have all the special reward ships from risa and other events sitting in their boxes in my bank. I can't unpack them because my ship roster is full of my mastered T6 and fleet ships and a few mirror ships I don't want to dismiss. I did do what you talked about, repurchasing lower tier C-store ships and dismissing them because I wouldn't fly them. I want the dry dock so I can unpack these reward ships. I guess I could really unpack them and dismiss them and just get them back from the dil store tab but the drydock would be easier. Plus it would allow me to move fleet ships that I have replaced with the new T6 fleet version there because I can't reclaim fleet ships thus opening more slots for other ships I want to get.

Event ships you could get back by just going to the event store and getting the box again. For free...

but the fact that remains is that mothballed means scrap pile incoming, sorry I prefer drydock.

NO mothballed means placed in a decommissioned state till needed. Normally unmanned and key components removed so that no one else can steal the ship.

• dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Dry Docking is an exciting new feature which allows you to store your hard-earned ships for the long term with the convenience of a few clicks, opening up Ship Slots!

Learn more about our new feature here.

~LaughingTrendy

I discharged some ships 5yrs ago, can I get them back for free? o:)

• f0xef0xe Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Is this still happening?
  • sevenofnine13141sevenofnine13141 Member Posts: 4,272 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    darimund wrote: »
    we're being dry docked right now and you don't even realize it.
    Greeeaaaat, that doom and gloom stuff again... (Sarcasm)
    f0xe wrote: »
    Is this still happening?
    Yes, the Drydock System will appear sometime during the course of Season 11. Hopefully soon.
    | State of the Federation |
    The German Empire
    Founded 2413
    Leader: S. Raneson
    de_pr2.gif
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    So hurry up with it already.

Hype is dumb.
  • tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    Dry docking is live on Tribble. So unless there are some major issues found with it, it should be live next patch Thurs.
This discussion has been closed.