Options

Dry Docking Is Coming!

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    bulvyne wrote: »
    Just my 2 bars of gold-pressed latinum, of course.
    I think you mean two strips. ;)

As for drydock, there are two issues with it that make it useless to me:
    1) Item storage, or lack thereof
    2) Loadout tray configurations lost

The tray configurations are the single most annoying thing about changing ships. My tray gets scrambled every time, even the powers that aren't ship related.

I have zero interest in resetting my tray abilities for a ship I already did it once for before.
    The only use I have for drydock is for ships I've never used before.

I can deal with the lack of keeping inventory, If and only if, the loadout tray is saved.

I hope the devs will consider that improvement in the future, especially considering the current pricing others have mentioned.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Yep, Gold member here as well and I only have 5 slots.

Edit: Had a look around and found that the devs are aware of the bug and are working on it.
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    phoenix841 wrote: »
    bulvyne wrote: »
    Just my 2 bars of gold-pressed latinum, of course.
    I think you mean two strips. ;)

As for drydock, there are two issues with it that make it useless to me:
    1) Item storage, or lack thereof
    2) Loadout tray configurations lost

The tray configurations are the single most annoying thing about changing ships. My tray gets scrambled every time, even the powers that aren't ship related.

I have zero interest in resetting my tray abilities for a ship I already did it once for before.
    The only use I have for drydock is for ships I've never used before.

I can deal with the lack of keeping inventory, If and only if, the loadout tray is saved.

I hope the devs will consider that improvement in the future, especially considering the current pricing others have mentioned.
    Pretty much my thoughts on it, too. In its current state, the only reason I can see for using drydock is for dumping ships that can't be reclaimed and that I have no plans on ever actually using again. The (standard) Obelisk Carrier and Kamarag Battlecruiser Retrofit (the T5 one) are examples of ships I've put in drydock.

Saving tray powers is kind of a big deal and should be included if drydock is going to be more appealing. Still, it's better than nothing at all I suppose.
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    tempus64 wrote: »
    Yep, Gold member here as well and I only have 5 slots.

Edit: Had a look around and found that the devs are aware of the bug and are working on it.

Also a Gold member and only 5 slots!
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    gold member here- only 5 clots.. bug reported
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    As far as I'm concerned, the slots are too expensive for what they are intended for.

.80 cents a slot is ridiculous (400 Zen for 5 slots) for something that essentially just stores a bit of data.
    If you had sold them for .25 to .30 cents a slot ($1.25-$1.50 for 5), I would be more inclined to purchase them.

I guess I'll just wait for the eventual "Special Occasion" to come along in which you will probably give them away, in order to acquire a few more.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    kintisho wrote: »
    gold member here- only 5 clots.. bug reported

Uh oh...

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    Very great system and I'm enjoying it a lot! Nicely done.

One minor annoyance with it though.... when adding a ship to drydock, if the gear on a ship is "stock" (other than unique consoles), would it be possible to just have the system delete those items instead of adding it to our inventory? The stock gear has no value, so it's a bit of an annoyance to have to delete it all when we're adding ships to drydock.​​
    Agreed. It's bothersome to need to strip the gear even when it has no value at all.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    captain#3103 captain Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    So why doesn't it work?
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    @captain#3103
    So why doesn't it work?

FYI posting in a topic which has been inactive for 30 days is considered "Raising the dead" or necroposting. Zombies roaming around etc.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Topics in GNN are started exclusively by Cryptic/PWE, who need to close these themselves when they reach their witching hour.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.