test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Agony Rifle = weaponized torture as a event reward?? turn in option please.

Comments

• Options
    bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    I just hope it doesn't work on dyson sphere battlezone bosses because that would be annoying as ****.
  • Options
    hakazehakaze Member Posts: 81 Media Corps
    bioixi wrote: »
    I just hope it doesn't work on dyson sphere battlezone bosses because that would be annoying as ****.
    if that is possible you can be sure it will be switched to a fragile hold first maintenance after people start doing that so you can just crush the field of trolls.

ktamradio If you are looking for some nice music while playing clicky clicky click!

mWKbuCx.png
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    The rifle is no different than getting a replica of a 21st Century shotgun, which uses physical projectiles is a spread pattern to cause maximum damage at short range.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    even cardasians would shun it.

Based on what?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Really? Your upset about an agony rifle when your captain has been on a genocidal rampage since he/she was given command of a starship?
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    I'm not sure the Klingons would shun it...not the TOS versions anyway. If you watch Search for Spock when Doc Brown shoots his own man he seemed to be in some agony as he disintegrated
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    potencethe1stpotencethe1st Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    The op even responded to my post.

I'll reiterate that this a thinly disguised attempt to get the shotgun - as evidenced by the OP asking for a turn in option.

The reasons for it are entirely irrelevant.
  • Options

I'll reiterate that this a thinly disguised attempt to get the shotgun - as evidenced by the OP asking for a turn in option.

The OP? Could you not talk about people like that? it makes it sound like I'm an object or something X_X and if you paid attention I came up with a much better turn in option ages ago you just didn't bother reading it X_X
    ktamradio If you are looking for some nice music while playing clicky clicky click!

mWKbuCx.png
  • Options
    narthaisnarthais Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    star fleet are the good guys and would never forcibly impose their will on another race.

Franklin Drake would beg to differ, as would Sloan.
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User

Correct, the reasons somebody has for putting forward an argument have nothing to do with its validity and are therefore irrelevant when discussing the topic at hand.

That does not mean that the reasons couldn't be an issue of their own. But as it stands, the OP (sorry, but that's common net parlance and actually useful because not everybody would know that we are talking about the one starting the thread if using the name, and "original poster" isn't exactly an object but still a person) has made his point and that we can discuss without personal attacks.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    xyquarze wrote: »

Correct, the reasons somebody has for putting forward an argument have nothing to do with its validity and are therefore irrelevant when discussing the topic at hand.

That does not mean that the reasons couldn't be an issue of their own. But as it stands, the OP (sorry, but that's common net parlance and actually useful because not everybody would know that we are talking about the one starting the thread if using the name, and "original poster" isn't exactly an object but still a person) has made his point and that we can discuss without personal attacks.

the shotgun was the first thing that came to mind about mirror rewards, but I still think putting the gun in a display at a museum project to show what can be produced when science is misused, would make a nice extra location at star fleet academy.

Like " Science, it's greatest victories and darkest secrets" or something like that :D

mWKbuCx.png
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    hakaze wrote: »
    It's one thing to shoot someone because they are your enemy, but seriously? A weapon that entraps you, and tortures you to death while unable to move? Sorry Game or not this goes way to far for me O_O

PLEAAAASE Cryptic can't you add a hand in option to switch it for the mirror shotgun? This thing is just too sick.

ok I'll be "that guy"..... dude seriously... there are way worse things going on even in this game... grow up....
  • Options
    drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    I don't care for the item reward this time either. It's not a weapon my main would use, and like 'burning phasers' are ones that the Federation would likely outlaw. But heck, STO captains are using thalaron and other things considered off limits in canon. So that ship has sailed.

I may only run this on a couple of short lived alts (they'll be deleted after max their rep and getting the Dilithium) who need the marks.

For any other character, it's just not worth the 15 minutes.

And I must echo a previous point. These should be account unlocks like ships. I played the event, and newly rolled characters shouldn't be bared from every having those items I earned in the past.
  • Options
    grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    now that fed klingon and romulans are now flying around in herald ships nothing seems "wrong" for any faction to have anymore all lines have been removed and its just a free for all for anythign and everything now.
  • Options
    I don't care for the item reward this time either. It's not a weapon my main would use, and like 'burning phasers' are ones that the Federation would likely outlaw. But heck, STO captains are using thalaron and other things considered off limits in canon. So that ship has sailed.

I may only run this on a couple of short lived alts (they'll be deleted after max their rep and getting the Dilithium) who need the marks.

For any other character, it's just not worth the 15 minutes.

And I must echo a previous point. These should be account unlocks like ships. I played the event, and newly rolled characters shouldn't be bared from every having those items I earned in the past.

that's true, and it can't be impossible, the dilithium shop for example lets you reissue unique ship consoles in case you got rid of it, sooo there must be some kind of mechanic for equipment already in game X_X

mWKbuCx.png
  • Options
    jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    can we haz tickle gun pls
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You know the effects of this gun are very similar to other weapons. If the mear thought of this gun physically sickens people, DON'T read the Hover Over or the Info.

Have you used the Subspace Rift Kit Module from 'What's Left Behind'? Watch the character animations when NPS' are caught near the Rift. And that is almost EVERY NPS character in the game - Heralds, Borg, you name it.

So causing Warp Core Breaches is much more consciencely soothing, throwing Plasma DOTs is morally superior? Time to go play checkers. I would have said Chess but killing that horsey piece (Knight) might be too disturbing.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    Talk about the OP being hypocritical much.

They ask to trade a weapon that causes pain and suffering for another weapon, that unlike energy weapons, can cause multiple painful wounds and even more pain and suffering as they bleed out.

Also, in a game where NPCs get disintegrated if they're HP is zeroed by some secondary modes on energy weapons, or fall to the ground with multiple fatal burn wounds in their body from supposedly "clean" weapons, you're complaining about suffering?
    ltminns wrote: »
    Time to go play checkers. I would have said Chess but killing that horsey piece (Knight) might be too disturbing.

Not even that. Your checkers are delivering flying kick fatalities with each jump over an enemy piece. Too violent. I'm sure Candy Land by Milton Bradley is much safer. It's harmless racing from one end to the other, with no deaths or piece removals at all.
  • Options
    Talk about the OP being hypocritical much.

They ask to trade a weapon that causes pain and suffering for another weapon, that unlike energy weapons, can cause multiple painful wounds and even more pain and suffering as they bleed out.

Also, in a game where NPCs get disintegrated if they're HP is zeroed by some secondary modes on energy weapons, or fall to the ground with multiple fatal burn wounds in their body from supposedly "clean" weapons, you're complaining about suffering?
    ltminns wrote: »
    Time to go play checkers. I would have said Chess but killing that horsey piece (Knight) might be too disturbing.

Not even that. Your checkers are delivering flying kick fatalities with each jump over an enemy piece. Too violent. I'm sure Candy Land by Milton Bradley is much safer. It's harmless racing from one end to the other, with no deaths or piece removals at all.

if you had bothered to read the discussion in the thread instead of going straight for personal attacks, you might have noticed it was just the first example and a much better one was made right after :O

mWKbuCx.png
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    I can't wait to try it out on some Tal Shiar goons. That should be fun.
  • Options
    if you had bothered to read the discussion in the thread instead of going straight for personal attacks, you might have noticed it was just the first example and a much better one was made right after :O

I did read it all. All I saw was either a morality argument which I'm not really going to get into, and a fair number of posts also criticizing the initial post and some responses and disagreeing with you. To be fair, there was one or two who were also agreeing with you.

It's a game and it's just flavor text on a retextured weapon that already exists in-game with some altered specials. If you don't like it for real or RP reasons; trash it under the excuse of destroying weapons of ultimate evil and take the large Dil and Mark payout as your real prize. Some players are going to do so; for real or RP reasons. Problem solved.
  • Options

I did read it all. All I saw was either a morality argument which I'm not really going to get into, and a fair number of posts also criticizing the initial post and some responses and disagreeing with you. To be fair, there was one or two who were also agreeing with you.

It's a game and it's just flavor text on a retextured weapon that already exists in-game with some altered specials. If you don't like it for real or RP reasons; trash it under the excuse of destroying weapons of ultimate evil and take the large Dil and Mark payout as your real prize. Some players are going to do so; for real or RP reasons. Problem solved.

It belongs into a museum :O :O :O :O!!!!

mWKbuCx.png
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    I understand where you are coming from OP and it's certainly questionable to have all the supposed prime starfleet chars run around suing agony rifles, but then again there is no logic in STO. It's just a theme park and a colourful pile of memorabilia and the agony rifle is a nod to the mirror universe, the flavour texts have no real in-game meaning anyway.

Besides, you probably desintegrate or slowly posion people with radiation and gas to death all the time. If you play a science char, all the science at your disposal is just there to kill people in creative and cruel ways, so...​​

Seriously, My science guy sets people on fire, irradiates them, shoots them, hits them with bone breaking concussive blasts .... It's fun ! :D
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options

That's fine too, but wouldn't that run the risk of being stolen and used by bad guys or desperate museum security staff if we got a round 3 invasion on the level of Undine or Iconian?
  • Options

That's fine too, but wouldn't that run the risk of being stolen and used by bad guys or desperate museum security staff if we got a round 3 invasion on the level of Undine or Iconian?

no I meant it would be cool if the first city, star fleet academy and the romulan thingy would have a museum premise where you can review major season story points, and artifacts from events. with different descriptions based n the bias of the race that put the plaque with the explanation below said point.

I think that would be pretty awesome :D oh this is season 11? welp time to visit the museum and find out what one trough ten was about!

mWKbuCx.png
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    cye0wn.jpg
  • Options
    [quote="hakaze;12773289"no I meant it would be cool if the first city, star fleet academy and the romulan thingy would have a museum premise where you can review major season story points, and artifacts from events. with different descriptions based n the bias of the race that put the plaque with the explanation below said point.

I think that would be pretty awesome :D oh this is season 11? welp time to visit the museum and find out what one trough ten was about![/quote]

That would work. Though we'd need a place like Memory Alpha back, or some other neutral zone like Risa or Drozana that would allow such visitation.

Are you going to include a Museum shop that lets players purchase replicas of museum weapons like the Agony Rifle? >:)
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User

Actually, why not? (If complain at all, that is). In our world it is generally accepted that in armed conflict people will die. It is however not accepted to cause unnecessary pain or similar. So basically: if you have to kill somebody, disintegrating is the way to go.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    OP, it's a video game, a video game that happens to have far worse things in it than a simple agony gun. Get over it, get over yourself. Yes, I called you OP. I did so not to objectify you (however that works), but to identify the post as being directed towards you, the "Original Poster".
    I would like to point out that it isn't the tool that's evil, it's what it is used for by you.

How do people get by in life, being so sensitive? It truly mystifies me.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    [quote="hakaze;12773289"no I meant it would be cool if the first city, star fleet academy and the romulan thingy would have a museum premise where you can review major season story points, and artifacts from events. with different descriptions based n the bias of the race that put the plaque with the explanation below said point.

I think that would be pretty awesome :D oh this is season 11? welp time to visit the museum and find out what one trough ten was about!

That would work. Though we'd need a place like Memory Alpha back, or some other neutral zone like Risa or Drozana that would allow such visitation.

Are you going to include a Museum shop that lets players purchase replicas of museum weapons like the Agony Rifle? >:) [/quote]
    .... only if you can also purchase Q posters and party balloon pistols <////////<

mWKbuCx.png