test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Agony Rifle = weaponized torture as a event reward?? turn in option please.

12346»

Comments

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Subspace Rift, folks. Check the character animations on that one, Borg even succumb.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind trading my agony rifle for the shotgun, but not for storyline reasons.

I simply didn't get the chance to participate last time. :p
  • Options
    yukonsamyukonsam Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    An RP problem calls for an RP solution.

Let's just say the transition from Mirror Universe to Prime Universe has a peculiar effect on agony weapons, in effect transforming them into super-happy funtime weapons. Pretty much the same result, but the opposition crumples with a delighted smile on their faces.

Most Klingons, disgusted by this development, tend to use them as clubs.

Oh yeah, and the Federation doesn't actually ever kill anybody. Beings who appear to be vaporized are merely teleported into the tribble pit for a time-out.

Klingons are REALLY disgusted by this development, and the tribbles are threatening legal action.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    Yeah, the Agony rifle bothers me as well. Would be nice to have gotten the option to take something else.

not bothered to get an alternative really, don't use most of the other mini event rewards anyway so whats to miss, only really do it for the dill anyway.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I find it highly amusing some of the most successful mass murderers in MMO history are suddenly squeamish about their pixelated victims simulating being tortured.

Yet they'll keep the dil and the marks which are also awarded alongside the Rifle. Rather than refuse them as a sign of principle.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    natejam101natejam101 Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    Its a game. If the make believe weapon made out of pixels offends you, feel free to discard it or do not use it :)
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I find it highly amusing some of the most successful mass murderers in MMO history are suddenly squeamish about their pixelated victims simulating being tortured.

Yet they'll keep the dil and the marks which are also awarded alongside the Rifle. Rather than refuse them as a sign of principle.

And I find it highly amusing that:

A: People are actually whining about this damned thing. And....

B: That people equate killing hostile pixels in digital combat as "mass murder", a term that, like "genocide", gets passed around on these forums like a two dollar TRIBBLE. And doesn't mean what people seem to be using those words for.

Personally, I consider the weapon to be just another "ho-hum" prize for a normal event. I did test it, and found it okay but not spectacular. Although it is funny to see Tal Shiar goons do that funky little dance while trapped in the field.
  • Options
    shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I just think the ones that are getting all whiny and squeamish about it don't get the concept of reality vs non-reality. If its from a rp standpoint then that's fine but if it's trying to get the weapon pulled or trying for a trade in for another weapon it is either selfish or opportunistic or a combination of both, that's the way I see it at least.​​
    "There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Much much much too much silliness in this Thread. Sidetracked to CIA, Section 31, blah, blah, blah.

We need a weapon that goes 'Bonk! Bonk! On the head! Bonk! Bonk!'
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    rooster707rooster707 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    B: That people equate killing hostile pixels in digital combat as "mass murder", a term that, like "genocide", gets passed around on these forums like a two dollar TRIBBLE. And doesn't mean what people seem to be using those words for.

I think what he meant was that our characters were mass murderers. Which is completely true; my character's probably killed millions of people by now.
    76561198032353876.png
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    is it cruel? maybe. torture? nope. Why? well, it's simply a painful way to die, torture is more purposeful than that.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg