Install Arc
Options

New Dawn Giveaways!

Comments

• Options
    thelunarboythelunarboy Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    rangerryu wrote: »
    rangerryu wrote: »
    If you have an account bank though you can just put it in that if it turns out none of your characters's ships qualify,mine is sitting in my account bank.

And an account bank is just $3 more than an upgrade.. It's less than a pint.

well I don't drink so don't know how much a pint is!

anyway so far I've been fairly pleased with what's been given especially the inventory slots.

I may be mistaken, but I believe corpsageddon is referencing Tony Hancock's "The Blood Donor". In which case a pint is "very nearly an armful" :D

In the sketch, Hancock is shocked at the idea of giving an entire pint of blood because it seems such a large amount to him and so he equates it to being an armful.

So it is fair to say corpsageddon is using a reversal of the pun in that sketch to mirror the humour.

Essentially the implication behind the post's humour is "they are making a lot of noise about what is being given, but the audience doesn't see what all the fuss is about".

I don't necessarily agree with corpsageddon but I will give kudos for the humour and reference... and I'm not even old enough to remember Tony Hancock (he died 6 years prior to my birth).
  • Options
    geographusgeographus Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    According to the german STO site todays giveaway is Excelsior Retrofit T5, Ar'Kif Retrofit T5 and Marauder Retrofit T5.

(http://www.arcgames.com/de/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9618953-eine-woche-voller-geschenke)
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    geographus wrote: »
    According to the german STO site todays giveaway is Excelsior Retrofit T5, Ar'Kif Retrofit T5 and Marauder Retrofit T5.

(http://www.arcgames.com/de/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9618953-eine-woche-voller-geschenke)

A pleasant surprise...I neither expected a giveaway today, nor expected it to be a ship, given that those now have value in the Admiralty system. I hope I'll be able to claim it today--my laptop may have to go into the shop, which will make that difficult. But if that happens, I am not so entitled as to think I get to blame Cryptic for my IRL happenstance! ;)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    *jaw drops*

Think we got the Marauder in a previous one, but still... wow!

Now I'm wondering what the last day will be...

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,334 Arc User

Bloody h*** didn't expect that one any more. Already got the marauder, but the Excelsior retrofit is nice.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    I think the Excelsior is my favorite here. Canon ship, once considered to be one of the best cruisers around, and transwarp. :tongue:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,334 Arc User
    dalolorn wrote: »
    *jaw drops*

I thought it had ended yesterday with the upgrade token so this is a real surprise.
    Worthy of a couple of "AYE GURUMBA!!"​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    njdmb30njdmb30 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    It's great that we're getting free ships. I'm very thankful for them. That being said, I'm a little bummed that the Fed ship we're getting is one I already have. I've only bought 3 Fed ships ever, and the wheel happened to land on what I already had. Phooey.

I'm honestly still jazzed that we got an upgrade token yesterday. I needed one for my Gurambas really badly. Thanks, devs :smile:
    Well that explains the T5-U upgrade token yesterday then!
  • Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    Need the ar'kif got the other two and the token i used on my oddy tac cruiser :)
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    well I hope this giveaway lasts more than a day cause it normally takes me a full day to patch for each season, even with the prepatch being done.
  • Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Well I'll be O.O Color me surprised! I thought the giveaways were done after the upgrade token. And these are T5-U compatible shippies too!

My Romulan already has the Ar'kif, but the Excelsior was on the lower ends of my shopping list :smiley:

This totally flipped the table on me XD Well played. Nice finish (at least I think so... right? ^^)!
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    well I hope this giveaway lasts more than a day cause it normally takes me a full day to patch for each season, even with the prepatch being done.

486?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User

Oh Trendy one, forgive us for ever doubting your kindness
    we are unworthy of such gifts, but shall gladly accept them and offer thanks to you and the rest of the staff
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    486?

? Not sure what you mean... but by the time I get home from work and log into STO I normally have to do a 1+ to 2+ gig patch each time a new season comes out even when I have the prepatch all done... takes hours for me to DL cause I am using ATT DSL.

• Options
    mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    *jaw drops*

I thought it had ended yesterday with the upgrade token so this is a real surprise.

The right phrase is "AY CARAMBA!!!
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • Options
    So are we going to get all 3 ships or it is one for each race (Fed, klings and Roms)
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • Options
    sevenofnine13141sevenofnine13141 Member Posts: 4,272 Arc User
    | State of the Federation |
    The German Empire
    Founded 2413
    Leader: S. Raneson
    de_pr2.gif
  • Options
    admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    icsairguns wrote: »
    With Season 11: New Dawn right around the corner, we’re celebrating with free C-Store giveaways! We’ll be featuring tons of free items leading up to the launch of New Dawn, so be sure to check in and grab your free gift!

You can find what's free today by checking out our blog here.

~LaughingTrendy

lies all lies I have gotten each of the items and added absolutely no weight at all not even coming close to the promised "tons of free items"

Well all the giveaway prizes are 'virtual' right? :)
    They affect things in a game that have 'zero' real life' weight, but might be considered to have 'virtual' weight, right?

SO if I upgrade a 'virtual' T5 ship to a T5U, isn't it posible that 'virtual' tons of 'virtual' extra gear, tech, hardware, and such might have been added to my 'virtual' ship to upgrade it?

Anyway, just having fun. :)

Qapla
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
  • Options
    Awesome sauce!!!!!

• Options
    sevenofnine13141sevenofnine13141 Member Posts: 4,272 Arc User

WHOOOHOOOOOO!
    | State of the Federation |
    The German Empire
    Founded 2413
    Leader: S. Raneson
    de_pr2.gif
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User

And for this I am grateful but I have a little issue...my Fed is Level 50 but neither my Romulans or KDF are Level 50... -_- I feel left out that they can't get their faction ships either. (Trendy...um anything you can do? If not, that's alright. I just didn't realize I need to work onmy KDF and Romulans more.)
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    :/ Well, this was bound to happen sooner or later...

I already have all of those ships. No free stuff for me today. :(

Ah well, it is still a nice gesture of Cryptic to offer them up for players who don't already have them.

On a side note, when did the Marauder change from a "Flight Deck Cruiser" to a "Patrol Cruiser"? Kinda confused me for a second. Lol
  • Options
    daviesdaviesdaviesdavies Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    free T5 ships wtf... ok I must be dreaming or Craptic has been taken over by their Mirror universe counterparts.
    Mzd8i1c.gif
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    486?

? Not sure what you mean... but by the time I get home from work and log into STO I normally have to do a 1+ to 2+ gig patch each time a new season comes out even when I have the prepatch all done... takes hours for me to DL cause I am using ATT DSL.

Odd. I have ATT DSL as well, and this huge patch only took me about 10 minutes to do. You might want to check your network card, or talk to ATT about a newer DSL modem, if yours was installed over a couple of years ago.
    mayito2009 wrote: »
    questerius wrote: »
    *jaw drops*

The right phrase is "AY CARAMBA!!!

I'm pretty sure questerius making a pun. :) And a good pun, too! :)
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    raventomoe wrote: »

And for this I am grateful but I have a little issue...my Fed is Level 50 but neither my Romulans or KDF are Level 50... -_- I feel left out that they can't get their faction ships either. (Trendy...um anything you can do? If not, that's alright. I just didn't realize I need to work onmy KDF and Romulans more.)

Do you have to be level 50 to buy?
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    captfabulouscaptfabulous Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    OK, odd. My level 42 KDF was able to claim the ship, but my level 42 Romulan (Fed-aligned) cannot. This makes no sense.

Why can the KDF claim it at 40 but the Romulan can't claim it till 50? Yes, I understand it's a freebie, but still, not being able to claim it leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
  • Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    Because the Marauder is a Level 40 ship. The Ark'Kif and the Excelsior are level 50 ships
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Do you have to be level 50 to buy?
    Yes. We must have a level 50 character within each of the three factions to claim that factions level 50 starship from the C-store. My Romulan is only level 16, While I appreciate the gesture of a free Ar'Kif Retrofit, I won't benefit in this particular instance. And while I had previously unlocked the Excelsior Retrofit, I was pleased to unlock the Orion Marauder with my KDF character for free today.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)