test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Dawn Giveaways!

1151617181921»

Comments

• ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Anyone know if owning the T5 Ar'kif gives a discount toward the purchase of the fleet T6 version ?

T5 for Fleet T6 version? No discount.

If you have the regular T6 version and wanted to get the fleet T6, then yes, you would only have to fork over 1 Fleet Ship Module, some Fleet Credits, and the 1 Ship Provision.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    Umm.. The fleet T6 is 5 fsm's (or 5 bucks a module), and the Zstore T6 is 30 bucks. Is the console worth 10 bucks ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    Umm.. The fleet T6 is 5 fsm's (or 5 bucks a module), and the Zstore T6 is 30 bucks. Is the console worth 10 bucks ?
    You get a discount on the FSMs if you own the real ship. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    You get a discount on the FSMs if you own the real ship. :p

I believe the $10 difference was factoring in the FSM discount. If I was reading the post correctly, @lordmalak1 was referring to the ship being [$25 worth of FSMs] to go direct to the Fleet version vs. [$30 worth of C-Store purchase + $5 worth of FSMs = $35 total] to get the Fleet version after the C-Store unlock.

Any my answer to the "Is the console worth 10 bucks ?" would be: No, but account-wide access to the T6-10 ship, the console, the Starship Trait, and Rare Admiralty Ship (in addition to the Very Rare Admiralty Ship once you upgrade to Fleet) very well could be.

Fleet versions of T6 ships are single-character purchases, only grant the Very Rare Admiralty Card to the one character, do not have the console, and do not grant the Starship Trait... which is why I (as a mild alt-o-holic) only purchase Fleet Ships if I own the C-Store version. There are separate Admiralty Ships for C-Store T6-10 and Fleet T6-11 versions, meaning that all characters on your account can have the C-Store Admiralty Ship, while the one that you want to upgrade to Fleet T6-11 will also gain the Fleet Admiralty Ship. I personally prefer splitting my purchase by using Zen on the C-Store ship and ECs on the FSM via the Exchange, which helps tone down the impact on any given resource pool.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    Keep feeding the Fleet system by buying half a ship now and Fleet mods later and this is all they will produce.

Let that dry up and they will start releasing 9 packs again that are Fleet ready out of the box!
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    Keep feeding the Fleet system by buying half a ship now and Fleet mods later and this is all they will produce.

Let that dry up and they will start releasing 9 packs again that are Fleet ready out of the box!

I can understand why you would prefer fleet ships to die out. (Indeed, the idea of character unlocks of that sort is more than a little irritating.)

What I cannot even begin to understand is why you have to use excessive hyperbole like "buying half a ship now and Fleet mods later" to make your point. 10% more shield and hull HP and one extra console slot does not make or break a ship unless it's already a fairly bad ship to begin with. (Or, I suppose, if you get a console slot that really matters for your build, like the often-hailed 5th tactical slot.)

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    It's not hyperbole, Fleet ships stomp their regular versions easily.

Making lightly of a poster's concerns by disassembling his speech patterns is a common distracting maneuver.

The point stands that all purchased ships should already be Fleet ready out of the box like some of them are already.
    It's not hyperbole, Fleet ships stomp their regular versions easily.

Making lightly of a poster's concerns by disassembling his speech patterns is a common distracting maneuver.

The point stands that all purchased ships should already be Fleet ready out of the box like some of them are already.
    Which isn't actually a major expense, and only needs paid if you really want the ship in question. And really... a Kara(just an example) has about 5/6 of the combat capability of it's fleet version, maybe more. So saying it's "half a ship" really is hyperbole because you're exaggerating the truth.

BUT, with the 9-pack ships like the DSD and pilot ships.... you really need to buy all 3 to have a complete ship, which is a lot more expensive than buying a T6 ship and a FSM. Unless you're of the opinion that "gimmick" consoles are worthless and that only passives are worth using.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    Did the giveaway ended? I am shock!!!! (runs away and hide) o:)
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    I am ******, I only just found out about this giveaway and I am usually on every day. I didnt see this in the launcher.
    It was a month ago....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing