test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Dawn Giveaways!

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    geographus wrote: »
    According to the german STO site todays giveaway is Excelsior Retrofit T5, Ar'Kif Retrofit T5 and Marauder Retrofit T5.

(http://www.arcgames.com/de/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9618953-eine-woche-voller-geschenke)

Bloody h*** didn't expect that one any more. Already got the marauder, but the Excelsior retrofit is nice.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    I think the Excelsior is my favorite here. Canon ship, once considered to be one of the best cruisers around, and transwarp. :tongue:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    dalolorn wrote: »
    *jaw drops*

Think we got the Marauder in a previous one, but still... wow!

Now I'm wondering what the last day will be...

I thought it had ended yesterday with the upgrade token so this is a real surprise.
    Worthy of a couple of "AYE GURUMBA!!"​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • njdmb30njdmb30 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    It's great that we're getting free ships. I'm very thankful for them. That being said, I'm a little bummed that the Fed ship we're getting is one I already have. I've only bought 3 Fed ships ever, and the wheel happened to land on what I already had. Phooey.

I'm honestly still jazzed that we got an upgrade token yesterday. I needed one for my Gurambas really badly. Thanks, devs :smile:
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    Need the ar'kif got the other two and the token i used on my oddy tac cruiser :)
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    well I hope this giveaway lasts more than a day cause it normally takes me a full day to patch for each season, even with the prepatch being done.
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Well I'll be O.O Color me surprised! I thought the giveaways were done after the upgrade token. And these are T5-U compatible shippies too!

My Romulan already has the Ar'kif, but the Excelsior was on the lower ends of my shopping list :smiley:

This totally flipped the table on me XD Well played. Nice finish (at least I think so... right? ^^)!
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    well I hope this giveaway lasts more than a day cause it normally takes me a full day to patch for each season, even with the prepatch being done.

486?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• galattgalatt Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    geographus wrote: »
    According to the german STO site todays giveaway is Excelsior Retrofit T5, Ar'Kif Retrofit T5 and Marauder Retrofit T5.

(http://www.arcgames.com/de/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9618953-eine-woche-voller-geschenke)

Oh Trendy one, forgive us for ever doubting your kindness
    we are unworthy of such gifts, but shall gladly accept them and offer thanks to you and the rest of the staff
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    486?

? Not sure what you mean... but by the time I get home from work and log into STO I normally have to do a 1+ to 2+ gig patch each time a new season comes out even when I have the prepatch all done... takes hours for me to DL cause I am using ATT DSL.

• mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    *jaw drops*

I thought it had ended yesterday with the upgrade token so this is a real surprise.

The right phrase is "AY CARAMBA!!!
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
    So are we going to get all 3 ships or it is one for each race (Fed, klings and Roms)
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    icsairguns wrote: »
    With Season 11: New Dawn right around the corner, we’re celebrating with free C-Store giveaways! We’ll be featuring tons of free items leading up to the launch of New Dawn, so be sure to check in and grab your free gift!

You can find what's free today by checking out our blog here.

~LaughingTrendy

lies all lies I have gotten each of the items and added absolutely no weight at all not even coming close to the promised "tons of free items"

Well all the giveaway prizes are 'virtual' right? :)
    They affect things in a game that have 'zero' real life' weight, but might be considered to have 'virtual' weight, right?

SO if I upgrade a 'virtual' T5 ship to a T5U, isn't it posible that 'virtual' tons of 'virtual' extra gear, tech, hardware, and such might have been added to my 'virtual' ship to upgrade it?

Anyway, just having fun. :)

Qapla
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    Awesome sauce!!!!!

• sevenofnine13141sevenofnine13141 Member Posts: 4,273 Arc User

WHOOOHOOOOOO!
    yakiw2uzh0ao.png
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User

And for this I am grateful but I have a little issue...my Fed is Level 50 but neither my Romulans or KDF are Level 50... -_- I feel left out that they can't get their faction ships either. (Trendy...um anything you can do? If not, that's alright. I just didn't realize I need to work onmy KDF and Romulans more.)
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    :/ Well, this was bound to happen sooner or later...

I already have all of those ships. No free stuff for me today. :(

Ah well, it is still a nice gesture of Cryptic to offer them up for players who don't already have them.

On a side note, when did the Marauder change from a "Flight Deck Cruiser" to a "Patrol Cruiser"? Kinda confused me for a second. Lol
  • daviesdaviesdaviesdavies Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    free T5 ships wtf... ok I must be dreaming or Craptic has been taken over by their Mirror universe counterparts.
    Mzd8i1c.gif
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    486?

? Not sure what you mean... but by the time I get home from work and log into STO I normally have to do a 1+ to 2+ gig patch each time a new season comes out even when I have the prepatch all done... takes hours for me to DL cause I am using ATT DSL.

Odd. I have ATT DSL as well, and this huge patch only took me about 10 minutes to do. You might want to check your network card, or talk to ATT about a newer DSL modem, if yours was installed over a couple of years ago.
    mayito2009 wrote: »
    questerius wrote: »
    *jaw drops*

The right phrase is "AY CARAMBA!!!

I'm pretty sure questerius making a pun. :) And a good pun, too! :)
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    raventomoe wrote: »

And for this I am grateful but I have a little issue...my Fed is Level 50 but neither my Romulans or KDF are Level 50... -_- I feel left out that they can't get their faction ships either. (Trendy...um anything you can do? If not, that's alright. I just didn't realize I need to work onmy KDF and Romulans more.)

Do you have to be level 50 to buy?
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • captfabulouscaptfabulous Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    OK, odd. My level 42 KDF was able to claim the ship, but my level 42 Romulan (Fed-aligned) cannot. This makes no sense.

Why can the KDF claim it at 40 but the Romulan can't claim it till 50? Yes, I understand it's a freebie, but still, not being able to claim it leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 934 Arc User
    Because the Marauder is a Level 40 ship. The Ark'Kif and the Excelsior are level 50 ships
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Do you have to be level 50 to buy?
    Yes. We must have a level 50 character within each of the three factions to claim that factions level 50 starship from the C-store. My Romulan is only level 16, While I appreciate the gesture of a free Ar'Kif Retrofit, I won't benefit in this particular instance. And while I had previously unlocked the Excelsior Retrofit, I was pleased to unlock the Orion Marauder with my KDF character for free today.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    Cool, very nice Cryptic. Keep 'em comin'!
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • lamyrslamyrs Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    And nothing for the ones who already have these ships. Funny to see how they think on f2p players but not on players who spent hundred of € in their game.
    I am from Belgium and english isn't my main language, sorry if I make mistakes.
  • nyarka123nyarka123 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    As soon as the game starts working for Mac users, I'll be sure to pick those up. (And quickly level my Rommie)
    Mac user.
    Captain: ISS Terror (Mirror Guardian)

tumblr_static_tumblr_lutla7afj51qd6v0do1_500.gif
  • captfabulouscaptfabulous Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    Because the Marauder is a Level 40 ship. The Ark'Kif and the Excelsior are level 50 ships

Yet they are all tier 5, so why the discrepancy?