test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Dawn Giveaways!

Comments

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    I'm so annoyed with myself right now. I missed getting the Excelsior Retrofit T5. :angry:
    It's not anyone fault but my own.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Meh, the only use from T5 Excelsior is to have one more ship for admirality.
    The other 2 ships are much better - one has console (only useful on similar ships but still...), and the KDF one comes with nice hangar, that doubles as boarding parties...
    saber1973a wrote: »
    Meh, the only use from T5 Excelsior is to have one more ship for admirality.
    The other 2 ships are much better - one has console (only useful on similar ships but still...), and the KDF one comes with nice hangar, that doubles as boarding parties...
    Well, one more ship for the Admiralty system was what I would have used it for. That and the occasional joy rides around the Alpha Quadrant. :)

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    raj011 wrote: »
    It's not a console on the retrofit, it's built in.

Since when? It use to be a console?. I have not used my Excelsior in a while.

The T5 Excelsior doesn't come with any special equipment. The transwarp destinations are built in.

The T3 Excelsior comes with the Transwarp Computer console and the T6 comes with the Tactical Maneuvering Matrix console and these make a 2 piece set. The T3 Excelsior use to come with a Transwarp Drive Coil console but a long time ago it was replaced with the Transwarp Computer console. As far as I can tell the T5 ship never came with a special console.

P.S. The T5 Excelsior actually requires level 40 to use. Some people here were saying you need to be level 50.
    I'm not sure if it's the SAME computer, but both of them come with computers.EDIT: no it doesn't..... It actually has no gear on it...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • gjpipergjpiper Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Dangit Mac users are getting burned! I need this stuff.
    STO-Mac-Launcher-Error-20151030.gif
  • katyusha454katyusha454 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Are you freaking kidding me? I didn't bother checking this again because the date on the article hadn't changed after the upgrade token giveaway, and that made me miss out on 60 dollars worth of free ships. Not cool, guys. Not cool at all.
  • archonicalarchonical Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Is there any way us Mac users can get in on this? I finally got a win8 VM up and running, but too late (and it crashes a lot too!)
    I went back to the STO facebook page to confirm this, and I was correct that the day the article shows as having been last updated (October 26th) is the day of the upgrade token giveaway, not the ship giveaway which was in fact the 27th. The article shows as having been last updated on the 26th, meaning when I was browsing the news page there was ZERO indication that anything else was being given out. I never "liked" the FB page, so I had no way of knowing about the ship giveaway because the main site didn't indicate it was happening unless you viewed the actual article, which I had no reason to do as it appeared that nothing new had been posted in it. I am absolutely livid right now.
  • jereboy0524jereboy0524 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I missed the free ships!!! dang!!!
  • jereboy0524jereboy0524 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I'm so annoyed with myself right now. I missed getting the Excelsior Retrofit T5. :angry:
    It's not anyone fault but my own.

you are not alone... you are not alone....
  • dardnokdardnok Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    i wished they extended it just like some of their special events
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    I didn't miss the free ship, I actually logged in and checked, 3 accounts, 14 toons, not a single free ship in the bunch. Didn't think much of it at the time with the way the other free stuff sometimes didn't show up till long after they should have. Fast forward one day, new patch, are the free ships there ? Who the heck knows as the game now crashes as soon as the first map finishes loading.

So, NO free ships, and now 4 days of no ability to play the game anyway...............
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    So what are we getting today? ;)
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    Giveaways ended, the one with ships was announced... on german site...

Next, almost free ships will be propably Q's Winter Wonderland grind ship, i'm really impatient about it :)
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User

Next, almost free ships will be propably Q's Winter Wonderland grind ship, i'm really impatient about it :)

Sarcasm alarm failed :) but yeah looking forward to WW again myself pulled the flurry gun, winter tribble, winter jackets out of the closet the other day :)
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User

If I have to do a race for it, that ship is not happening.

Tie it to Tides of Ice, however, and then we'll talk. ;)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    gulberat wrote: »

The eternal gunslinger... :tongue:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg

I joined last year just after the WW ended, so I don't know about any free ship for that Event, but the Anniversary Event I got two free ships, the Rhode Island and the Anni-Event Rep project for the Kobali Samsar Cruiser that we had to collect Qmentations for Daily. When I wasn't gathering Qs I was gathering Omega Molecule. I swear that was all that I did for a month and I think I leveled my main from Lt. Commander to Admiral.

I don't think it was just the Event missions that level my guy so fast. I'm pretty sure the newly minted Duty Officer System did a lot of that heavy lifting back then. If I was logged on, I was forever keep my Doffs busy. And whenever I logged off, I made sure I had selected 20 missions. I might have had them doing between 60 to 80 missions daily on week days and even more on the weekend.

So, to get back to my point, I do not know what WW will bring, but if the Anni runs similarly to last year, you might want to make room for more ships or at least one T6.

dalolorn wrote: »

It WAS a lot of fun to be sure. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing

It WAS a lot of fun to be sure. :D

I prefer the transwarp threshold. ;)

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
    Given the complete lack of response from any Cryptic people here it's probably safe to assume that their attitude is just "sucks to be you" if you couldn't log in or didn't try due to not being informed.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    How is it Their fault if you didn't check the forums to see what was going on?
    There were certainly enough Discussion Threads opened in the GENERAL DISCUSSION part of the forum, talking about this.
    (for several days)
    Even if you didn't see the Original Post from Trendy, there was no reason to be uninformed.
    All ya had to do was take a gander at the Forums.

It does "suc to be you", if you can't be bothered or aren't that interested in looking things up for yourself.
    >SMH<
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    daveyny wrote: »
    There were certainly enough Discussion Threads opened in the GENERAL DISCUSSION part of the forum, talking about this.
    (for several days)
    Even if you didn't see the Original Post from Trendy, there was no reason to be uninformed.

It does "suc to be you", if you can't be bothered or aren't that interested in looking things up for yourself.
    >SMH<

It's not my responsibility to check the forums, it's their responsibility to make sure to announce it properly. I checked the news page and the giveaway article DID NOT show as having been updated for the last day, so I reasonably assumed it was over. You also completely ignored that my issue is not the only one. Plenty of people were unable to log in for any part of the giveaway due to game bugs. No amount of forum checking is going to fix that. 100% of the responsibility for fixing the game and properly announcing game events lies with Cryptic/Arc, not with us users.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    (for several days)

>SMH<

It's not my responsibility to check the forums, it's their responsibility to make sure to announce it properly. I checked the news page and the giveaway article DID NOT show as having been updated for the last day, so I reasonably assumed it was over. You also completely ignored that my issue is not the only one. Plenty of people were unable to log in for any part of the giveaway due to game bugs. No amount of forum checking is going to fix that. 100% of the responsibility for fixing the game and properly announcing game events lies with Cryptic/Arc, not with us users.

So if the grocery store sends out sale flyers and you don't bother to look in your mailbox, it's the stores fault?
    You're perfectly willing to come to these forums to complain, but you didn't want to take a peek at them during the 5 Day Event?
    Not the most logical of thought process going on there.

As for folks who were unable to get into the game, you'll get no argument from me.
    But that is not something either one of us has any control over and wasn't the part of your post that I replied to.

STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User

More like I am eternally awful at navigating in any sort of race event...nothing but frustration for me.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.

More like I am eternally awful at navigating in any sort of race event...nothing but frustration for me.

Good point. I think you mentioned it last year, now that I think about it. :neutral:

Good point. I think you mentioned it last year, now that I think about it. :neutral:
    I must admit that Tides was more fun than the foot race.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    What is the news for the Mac users who missed out on the giveaways?
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    Anyone know if owning the T5 Ar'kif gives a discount toward the purchase of the fleet T6 version ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Anyone know if owning the T5 Ar'kif gives a discount toward the purchase of the fleet T6 version ?

It doesn't.

To get a discount on a fleet T5 version one needs to own the T5 version
    To get a discount on a fleet T6 version one needs to own the T6 version​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.