What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Dawn Giveaways!

Comments

• Options
    stobg2015stobg2015 Member Posts: 800 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    A ship upgrade token? When we've pretty much established that T5-U is not worth paying for at this point because T6 versions of legacy ships are coming out all over the place?

Ok, freebie, but really don't care. Won't do me much good -- anything I care to fly is either already T6, will be released as T6, or already got upgraded to T5-U. Anything else, I haven't bought and won't buy unless I need to complete a set or something and it's on sale or in a discount bundle. No need to upgrade those, and probably won't bother to claim the token.
    (The Guy Formerly And Still Known As Bluegeek)
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    scarling wrote: »
    I don't know if I'm even going to claim this one. Its bound so no hope for resell, and I don't really buy/use T5 anymore unless its a lockbox/lobi which gets a free upgrade anyways. I don't usually complain about free items, but I just have absolutely no use for this which disappoints me a bit.

You know a T5 ship will probably be free at the end of this; so you can use it there.

Good point. There will eventually be free T5's as giveaways. But as I'm not likely to fly one...
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    I.... don't think this is the finale yet... even though tomorrow is New Dawn release day - the news article just says "Today's fifth giveaway item", not 'final' and the spash graphic for the Giveaways on the STO launcher actually says "Three Days Left", which would be Thursday...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    zigadeiczigadeic Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    Great stuff this time
    tumblr_m9xiz26mwj1rdabsoo1_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    quilsnivquilsniv Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    As somebody who jumped straight from the T5 free Prometheus to the T6 Alita, this upgrade token has little to no use to me. I'll keep it solely because I have no use for it right now but might with the admiralty system, but as of now, I have nothing really to gain for it.
  • Options
    xaracrimsonxaracrimson Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    NOTE: Another reason for upgrading to T5-U is that you'll receive a special material which can be used on all ships with the same appearance, including all T6 variants. The slightly dark material, simply named 'Upgraded' is best described as being gunmetal grey and is usually found beneath Material 6 or Material 7.

Here's a screenshot of the material: T6 Galaxy class with the upgraded material.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    I don't know if I'm even going to claim this one. Its bound so no hope for resell, and I don't really buy/use T5 anymore unless its a lockbox/lobi which gets a free upgrade anyways. I don't usually complain about free items, but I just have absolutely no use for this which disappoints me a bit.

You know a T5 ship will probably be free at the end of this; so you can use it there.

you do realise that todays giveaway was the last for this event so no ship this time T5 or otherwise.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2015
    Got a few nice things out of this give away event. Don't have much use for a ship upgrade token (got five in my account bank already) but I'll add it to the pile for a 'just in case' situation haha.

Thanks for some nice items though. The inventory slots, free marks, and spec points were my highlights. :)
    ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    whamhammer1whamhammer1 Member Posts: 2,290 Arc User
    Somewhere, someone is storing the free ship upgrade with the thought that tomorrow will deliver him/her a T5 Connie.
  • Options
    you do realise that todays giveaway was the last for this event so no ship this time T5 or otherwise.

Maybe. The blog doesn't say it's the last giveaway. Might be implied with the 'leading up to the launch', but maybe not. It's over when it's over.

The vague language is to suck people in hoping for another shiney. Heh. Who am I to dash their hopes and dreams?
  • Options
    The inventory slots, free marks, and spec points were my highlights.​​

Very much appreciated the inventory slots and spec points. The marks were handy, but I didn't feel like I had to grab them for all of my alts.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    quilsniv wrote: »
    As somebody who jumped straight from the T5 free Prometheus to the T6 Alita, this upgrade token has little to no use to me. I'll keep it solely because I have no use for it right now but might with the admiralty system, but as of now, I have nothing really to gain for it.

funnily enough I find using a T5-U is just as good as using a T6 and if you have a T5 even if you are not likely to use it much might as well upgrade if its free IMO.
    not that I would ever use zen to upgrade a T5, might as well put it towards a T6 but like I said if its free what have you got to loose.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    xaracrimsonxaracrimson Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2015

People are confused and uncertain because the launcher now says "Season 11: New Dawn Giveaway - Three Days Left!" ( <- click for image) and Cryptic aren't the sort who'd forget to update a banner on the launcher. We'll have to see if that message is an oops or if there really will be 3 more days.
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,992 Arc User
    thank you for the ship upgrade
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,648 Arc User
      Thanks, Cryptic, for the gifts. I'm looking forward to Season 11 story content.
      Somewhere, someone is storing the free ship upgrade with the thought that tomorrow will deliver him/her a T5 Connie.
      I have no idea what you're talking about. :p
      (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
    • Options
      aphelionmarauderaphelionmarauder Member Posts: 184 Arc User
      Can we please get a new uniform for free, please?
      Support the movement!
      Come stand with us in supporting Star Trek: The Animated Series content for STO! (It's canon!) #TASforSTO

Time travel and glass-cannon ships hurt my head and is NOT what Trek is about. Trek is exploration, becoming better as a species, and gaining scientific knowledge while holding on to the traditions that got us where were are.
      Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    • Options
      farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
      So far I loved the inventory slots upgrade, marks, and the points. I used all of them well.

The upgrade token I'm not sure which one I will use on. I will think on it before I get it. I'm thinking either the Fed Dread or buy the T6. Other choice would be my Delta's Andorian ship, or my Romulan D'Deridex. Since those ships I use that could be upgraded. So my choices are limited. Other ships I have could use it on. Well, those don't get used heavily.
      Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
      Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
    • Options
      narthaisnarthais Member Posts: 452 Arc User
      stobg2015 wrote: »
      A ship upgrade token? When we've pretty much established that T5-U is not worth paying for at this point because T6 versions of legacy ships are coming out all over the place?

Ok, freebie, but really don't care. Won't do me much good -- anything I care to fly is either already T6, will be released as T6, or already got upgraded to T5-U. Anything else, I haven't bought and won't buy unless I need to complete a set or something and it's on sale or in a discount bundle. No need to upgrade those, and probably won't bother to claim the token.

It's certainly a situational one, and the community is still split quite heavily over the T5-U vs T6 debate. In terms of PVE both are easily capable of completing the content afterall.

Personally I have a Fleet Vor'cha on one of my older characters that I've recently taken a renewed interest in playing. I keep forgetting to see if there's an upgrade token in my account bank, now I don't need to check. The character will be upgrading it as soon as I finish grinding out the vet destroyer trait.
    • Options
      r5e4w3q2r5e4w3q2 Member Posts: 341 Arc User
      Well I do hope that this is a last gasp of the T5-U, not a sign that the T6-U are right around the corner! Quite a few T6 ships I would like to see before the T7s start happening.​​
    • Options
      corpsageddoncorpsageddon Member Posts: 9 Arc User
      rangerryu wrote: »
      If you have an account bank though you can just put it in that if it turns out none of your characters's ships qualify,mine is sitting in my account bank.

And an account bank is just $3 more than an upgrade.. It's less than a pint.

• Options
      rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
      rangerryu wrote: »
      If you have an account bank though you can just put it in that if it turns out none of your characters's ships qualify,mine is sitting in my account bank.

And an account bank is just $3 more than an upgrade.. It's less than a pint.

well I don't drink so don't know how much a pint is!

anyway so far I've been fairly pleased with what's been given especially the inventory slots.

• Options
      chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
      Thanks, Cryptic/PWE, I appreciate this giveaway, being a little tight under the belt at the end of the month I finally got my Fleet Mogh to T5U until I can save up for the T6 version (I have other things to pay besides ships).
      Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
      Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
    • Options
      zebularzebular Member Posts: 729 Arc User
      Thanks so much, I am really excited to have this token. Huzzah!
      Full Name: Zeryn Zebulon Zebular 
      Short Name: Zebular ( @zebular )
      Starfleet Rank / Serial: Vice Admiral, Field Captain / SZ-872-112
      Fleet Registry / Command Ship: Fleet Admiral of the Betazed Patrol / U.S.S. Zebulon, NX-91333-C
      Diplomatic Registry: Starfleet Ambassador, Betazed Ambassador, Son of the Thirteenth House of Betazed
      Species / Birth Date / Birth Place: Half-Betazoid, Half-Human / Stardate 27481.22 / Rixx City, Betazed

Handles: @zebular (PC)@MtnDewFreak (XBOX)@Terraseer (PS4)
    • Options
      icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
      With Season 11: New Dawn right around the corner, we’re celebrating with free C-Store giveaways! We’ll be featuring tons of free items leading up to the launch of New Dawn, so be sure to check in and grab your free gift!

You can find what's free today by checking out our blog here.

~LaughingTrendy

lies all lies I have gotten each of the items and added absolutely no weight at all not even coming close to the promised "tons of free items"
      Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• Options
      [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
      So was Monday the last day, or is there more this week?
    • Options
      ragestroke008ragestroke008 Member Posts: 203 Arc User
      sov42 wrote: »

They said the last one would be two more ship slots.

OT; I am hoping that the costumes in the Season 11 image will be one of the giveaways.
      Time is a funny thing; There is always too much of it. Except when you need it the most, then there is never enough.
    • Options
      keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
      edited October 2015
      I wouldn't trust the launcher banner saying "oooh! lookie here! 3 more days left!"

Article said "leading up to the launch of New Dawn"

"Log into the game on any character between October 26th at 10AM and October 27th at 10AM PDT"

To me this suggests that the upgrade token was the end of the line.
      "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
      -
      "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
    • Options
      majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
      @pwlaughingtrendy I'm going to say, I appreciated the giveaways (I'll take any spec points I can get! lol)...however, please let your sys ops team know that the email about the them came over a full day late! It came, for me, on Fri at 4:38 pm EDT. Thus, I was not able to partake of the inventory slot promo...kinda disappointed in that: could use inventory slots more than the points :neutral:
    • Options
      vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 696 Arc User
      farmallm wrote: »
      So far I loved the inventory slots upgrade, marks, and the points. I used all of them well.

The upgrade token I'm not sure which one I will use on. I will think on it before I get it. I'm thinking either the Fed Dread or buy the T6. Other choice would be my Delta's Andorian ship, or my Romulan D'Deridex. Since those ships I use that could be upgraded. So my choices are limited. Other ships I have could use it on. Well, those don't get used heavily.

If I were in your place, I think I'd upgrade the Andorian ship - because I doubt they'll release a T6 of that at all.
    • Options
      questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,390 Arc User
      sov42 wrote: »

They said the last one would be two more ship slots.

OT; I am hoping that the costumes in the Season 11 image will be one of the giveaways.

Who is "They".
      There was enough speculation and rumour, but unless i have missed the announcement no developer has ever mentioned a "two ship slot" give away.​​
      This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.