test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Dawn Giveaways!

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,532 Arc User
    Can someone who's claimed the ship upgrade token post whether it is account-bound or character-bound? Thanks!

If it's character-bound I'll need to guess which character is most likely to use it later.
  • Options
    scarlingscarling Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    I don't know if I'm even going to claim this one. Its bound so no hope for resell, and I don't really buy/use T5 anymore unless its a lockbox/lobi which gets a free upgrade anyways. I don't usually complain about free items, but I just have absolutely no use for this which disappoints me a bit.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Can someone who's claimed the ship upgrade token post whether it is account-bound or character-bound? Thanks!

If it's character-bound I'll need to guess which character is most likely to use it later.

It's ONE PER ACCOUNT...
    But you can pass it on to any character you have through the Account Bank.
    Can't sell it so no EC value.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter

It's account bound.

A nice little surprise from Cryptic. (would have preferred a fleet module, but this is nice too)

Thank You Cryptic!
  • Options
    spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 358 Arc User
    It's account bound and transferable to any character in the account.
  • Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Perfect! One less upgrade I need to buy.
    Thanks! :smiley:
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    scarling wrote: »
    I don't know if I'm even going to claim this one. Its bound so no hope for resell, and I don't really buy/use T5 anymore unless its a lockbox/lobi which gets a free upgrade anyways. I don't usually complain about free items, but I just have absolutely no use for this which disappoints me a bit.

You know a T5 ship will probably be free at the end of this; so you can use it there.
  • Options
    takfeltakfel Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    takfel wrote: »
    questerius wrote: »
    Haggis is awesome. Never trust a person who doesn't like Haggis. :tongue:

Can't say i have ever eaten it, but i will try any sort of food.
    Seen a recipe once though. Sheep stomach with sheep liver, sheep tongue and sheep heart boiled/steamed with herbs onions and oats. Sounds like something which has potential providing the correct seasoning is used.

Now gimme.

Yeah, so many people are put off simply because of what's in it without ever trying it. I don't like people who don't try foods before deciding if they like them or not haha.
    May not always look 'the best', but it does taste fantastic.
    happisneeps.jpg
    ​​
    Haggis

(Per Serving)
    Calories 1,294
    Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 1 Haggis (454 g)
    Per Serving % Daily Value*
    Calories 1294
    Calories from Fat 772
    Total Fat 85.8g 132%
    Saturated Fat 34g 170%
    Cholesterol 454mg 151%
    Sodium 3087mg 129%
    Carbohydrates 84.9g 28%
    Dietary Fiber 9.1g 36%
    Sugars 4.5g
    Protein 44.9g
    Vitamin A 0% · Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 1% · Iron 58%

I won't try anything that resembles a coronary in the future. More power to you.
    It's still healthier than a cheese burger.

Nutrition Facts
    Cheeseburger, single patty
    Amount Per 1 item (100 g)
    Calories 303
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 14 g 21%
    Saturated fat 5 g 25%
    Polyunsaturated fat 0.4 g
    Monounsaturated fat 4.3 g
    Trans fat 0.7 g
    Cholesterol 41 mg 13%
    Sodium 589 mg 24%
    Potassium 190 mg 5%
    Total Carbohydrate 30 g 10%
    Dietary fiber 1 g 4%
    Sugar 5 g
    Protein 15 g 30%
    Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 19% Iron 15%
    Vitamin D 0% Vitamin B-6 5%
    Vitamin B-12 16% Magnesium 5%

Actually, no. It's not healthier than a cheeseburger.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Can anyone list all the giveaways? Board, Bank Slots, Marks, Spec Points and now upgrade token. Am I missing anything.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    tigeraries wrote: »
    Can anyone list all the giveaways? Board, Bank Slots, Marks, Spec Points and now upgrade token. Am I missing anything.

inventory slots, gamma quadrant doff pack, marks, spec points, upgrade token

The board was not part of the giveaway; it was released prior to it.
    -
  • Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 912 Arc User
    Duty Officer pack.

I'm not sure that the hoverboard technically counted as one of the New Dawn giveaways?
  • Options
    gerwalk0769gerwalk0769 Member Posts: 1,095 Arc User
    Thank you for these give-aways.
    Joined STO in September 2010.
  • Options
    takfeltakfel Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    Duty Officer pack.

I'm not sure that the hoverboard technically counted as one of the New Dawn giveaways?

I think the hoverboard was for Back to the Future day.
  • Options
    darleathdarleath Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    The board was from the Back To the Future day
  • Options
    xaracrimsonxaracrimson Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    So, this is the final gift? Or is the last gift tomorrow when Season 11 New Dawn goes live?
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    Many thanks!!

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,358 Arc User
    So, this is the final gift?

It is.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    Yep last one, now wait for Winter event.
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • Options
    rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    According to the launcher there are 3 days left off the giveaway so........2 more giveaways.Unless the launcher's wrong I suppose.

• Options
    rangerryu wrote: »
    According to the launcher there are 3 days left off the giveaway so........2 more giveaways.Unless the launcher's wrong I suppose.

Dont think so, it reads

"With Season 11: New Dawn right around the corner, we’re celebrating with free C-Store giveaways! We’ll be featuring tons of free items leading up to the launch of New Dawn, so be sure to check in and grab your free gift!"
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    Haggis is awesome. Never trust a person who doesn't like Haggis. :tongue:

Can't say i have ever eaten it, but i will try any sort of food.
    Seen a recipe once though. Sheep stomach with sheep liver, sheep tongue and sheep heart boiled/steamed with herbs onions and oats. Sounds like something which has potential providing the correct seasoning is used.

Now gimme.

Yeah, so many people are put off simply because of what's in it without ever trying it. I don't like people who don't try foods before deciding if they like them or not haha.
    May not always look 'the best', but it does taste fantastic.
    happisneeps.jpg
    ​​
    Haggis

(Per Serving)
    Calories 1,294
    Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 1 Haggis (454 g)
    Per Serving % Daily Value*
    Calories 1294
    Calories from Fat 772
    Total Fat 85.8g 132%
    Saturated Fat 34g 170%
    Cholesterol 454mg 151%
    Sodium 3087mg 129%
    Carbohydrates 84.9g 28%
    Dietary Fiber 9.1g 36%
    Sugars 4.5g
    Protein 44.9g
    Vitamin A 0% · Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 1% · Iron 58%

I won't try anything that resembles a coronary in the future. More power to you.
    It's still healthier than a cheese burger.
    Nutrition Facts
    Cheeseburger, single patty
    Amount Per 1 item (100 g)
    Calories 303
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 14 g 21%
    Saturated fat 5 g 25%
    Polyunsaturated fat 0.4 g
    Monounsaturated fat 4.3 g
    Trans fat 0.7 g
    Cholesterol 41 mg 13%
    Sodium 589 mg 24%
    Potassium 190 mg 5%
    Total Carbohydrate 30 g 10%
    Dietary fiber 1 g 4%
    Sugar 5 g
    Protein 15 g 30%
    Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 19% Iron 15%
    Vitamin D 0% Vitamin B-6 5%
    Vitamin B-12 16% Magnesium 5%

Actually, no. It's not healthier than a cheeseburger.
    What's that? one of the mini-burgers McD sells for a dollar?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,517 Arc User
    mayito2009 wrote: »

Dont think so, it reads

"With Season 11: New Dawn right around the corner, we’re celebrating with free C-Store giveaways! We’ll be featuring tons of free items leading up to the launch of New Dawn, so be sure to check in and grab your free gift!"

That is correct... and since the Launch is tomorrow (Tuesday, October 27th), today should be the last one...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    xander1484xander1484 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Just a heads up to avoid freebies getting upset: the token still won't work on free/episode/fleet cred only ships. Check the list to make sure your character's ships qualify since its a bound item! http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/7002163
  • Options
    I will say before you claim check each of your characters ships in the shipyard to see if they qualify for it.

• Options
    rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    If you have an account bank though you can just put it in that if it turns out none of your characters's ships qualify,mine is sitting in my account bank.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,358 Arc User
    If you have an account bank though you can just put it in that if it turns out none of your characters's ships qualify,mine is sitting in my account bank.

Also put it in account bank. Haven't got anything that needs the token at the moment. Recipient will probably be the Kar'fi Battle Carrier sometime in the future.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    xaracrimsonxaracrimson Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    So likely the last one, today. Got it. Perhaps we'll be surprised tomorrow anyway and get two free bound keys to go with those brand new lockboxes, it'd be a sneaky but very welcome Cryptic gift. ;)
  • Options
    So likely the last one, today. Got it. Perhaps we'll be surprised tomorrow anyway and get two free bound keys to go with those brand new lockboxes, it'd be a sneaky but very welcome Cryptic gift. ;)

There's already a key sale running until 29th AND on top of that you think they'd give us more keys? Yeah right. :smile:
    I'd be pleasantly surprised if it happened though :smiley:
    -
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    upgrade tokens... havent even used the ones I have before... pointless arent they since T5U isnt as good as T6. and ship doffs makes no distinction between regular and upgrade...
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    Thanks for all the sweet giveaways. And ending with an upgrade token - nice! Much appreciated!