test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Dawn Giveaways!

Comments

• Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Fed only need to be L40 as well... so only Roms get the short end and need L50 to claim.
  • Options
    thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I have to say it's quite sad that us "mac" users can't even login because of some error, not just to see the new content but we will also be missing these very nice free items. :/

Luckily I have a very good friend in US with a PC.., but still...
  • Options
    xylylxylyl Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    <sigh> Another give-away and I cannot log in because of a Mac login problem 14 hours after Season 11 launch time.

Thus spake Admiral Cybyl:  Alea iacta est. Ibis redibis,numquam per bello peribis. Ergo, per aspera ad astra!
  • Options
    trycksh0ttrycksh0t Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    Free Excelsior? Not personally interested (Steamrunner and Alita FTW) but pretty cool.
    Free Marauder? Got one already, but still nice.
    Free Ar'Kif? Now we're talking! Hello console set for my Jhu'Ael. And since I'm not buying the Ar'Kif now, maybe I'll spring for the Arkala and get the quads go finish up the set, or pick-up the Thunderchild to get a 2-set on the Alita... Decisions decisions.

Regardless, these freebies have been fantastic, thanks Cryptic!
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    ydeirt wrote: »
    Welp craptic should've think about people who can't download the freakin 1.7gb patch in 10 mins.
    I just got back to the game for a week now, and i'm facing this TRIBBLE. It took me few days to download 1gb with TRIBBLE connection in my country and i'm sitting for 4.4gb more to download.
    And thanks for the freakin giveaway that me and other people people who don't have a "good" connection can't even redeem.
    Guess i'm not getting back to sto.
    Well, that's why they do pre-patching, so that even people with slow connections have a chance.
    Without pre-patching, there is also the option of downloading Tribble, as the patcher will also use Tribble data to update Holodeck.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    chemistrysetchemistryset Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    I appreciated every single giveaway. Thank you again, Cryptic! :)
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains is great news for stupid people.
  • Options
    yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    If only the Excelsior and Marauder weren't so fugly... :-D
  • Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    Freakin awesome give away today. Having only been playing a few months, I didn't have any of those ships but 2 were on my "to maybe buy eventually" list. Now I just need to get more upgrade tokens lol
  • Options
    ianeasaianeasa Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Great giveaway. A pity mac users like me cant claim it because the launcher bug :(
  • Options
    raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    I can not login. After I downloaded Season 11 and click engage, I keep getting this message, "unable to start game client: Success". I am going to miss out on the final giveaway. This has been like this since last night, around 9pm GMT. I live in the UK.
  • Options
    geographusgeographus Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    I don't even know if this was actually the final giveaway. On the german STO homepage it says
    "Eine Woche voller Geschenke" (A week full of presents) and we are still one giveaway short of
    that full week, as long as the Hoover B.... I mean "Future Flyer" does not count as one of them.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    OOhhhhh man that sux- can't claim the Ar'kif @ lvl 42. If I'de known that I wouldn't have played all night and gone to bed instead. What genius decided you can claim the Marauder @ 40 but not the Rommie ship ?

Oh, and how did I get a token for a Ha'Feh in my inventory after I purchased it in the shipyard ?
    I shoulda went to bed.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    tlbpmansrtlbpmansr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I can not log in to the gateway with my email or password need help
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    I missed the Marauder last time, so I'm happy with the giveaway. Thanks guys!
  • Options
    havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    so where will we hear about progress on the "unable to start game client: Success" issues. What are these forums for if there is 0 communication flow from Cryptic to its users on here?
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    havam wrote: »
    so where will we hear about progress on the "unable to start game client: Success" issues. What are these forums for if there is 0 communication flow from Cryptic to its users on here?
    Might help if you start out in the threads already actively discussing this problem.
    forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1206170/unable-to-start-game-client-success#latest
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    raj011 wrote: »
    I can not login. After I downloaded Season 11 and click engage, I keep getting this message, "unable to start game client: Success". I am going to miss out on the final giveaway. This has been like this since last night, around 9pm GMT. I live in the UK.

I managed to login on another computuer. The above problem is related to a Mac computer. Also I just discovered that my characters that are under level 50, or the minimum rank, can not get the free T5 ships. Would it be possible if we can get the ships as a package, then open them when we which the right level? Just like when we got the Odyssey class and other ships. Or we can still get the ship and it goes to the shipyard but can not use it untill reached the right level.
  • Options
    You've always needed to be the minimum rank to claim C-store ships. Fortunately, they're unlocks, so if you can claim the ship on one character, then the others will be able to claim it when they hit the appropriate level.
  • Options
    daviesdaviesdaviesdavies Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    I am very pleased to receive the free give aways of FKING non-stop crashes on my computers. LOL shitt I should have seen it coming that never going to get the good stuffs for free :disappointed:
    Mzd8i1c.gif
  • Options
    havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    havam wrote: »
    Might help if you start out in the threads already actively discussing this problem.
    forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1206170/unable-to-start-game-client-success#latest

you do realise that absolutely no one from cryptic or PWE has read or posted anything in this thread
  • Options
    It's still early morning Cryptic time. I suspect that they're investigating.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    swamarian wrote: »
    You've always needed to be the minimum rank to claim C-store ships. Fortunately, they're unlocks, so if you can claim the ship on one character, then the others will be able to claim it when they hit the appropriate level.

Ya, because denying a cash ship purchase because you can't use it yet makes more sense than the 4 T6 and 2 T5-U lockbox ships in my inventory slots, next to the T4 token the shipyard gave me for the ship I 'earned' because the game couldn't assign it to one of the 5 empty ship slots on my character.

*rolleyes

But hey- maybe in a couple years I'll get another chance to claim that free gift, eh ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    warpaint21warpaint21 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    I missed the ships because of launcher problems (Mac user). I do appreciate all of the giveaways regardless. And if I missed the last one so be it. As my mother would say "don't sweet the small stuff." It's a shame that I missed them but oh-well.
  • Options
    darleathdarleath Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    upgrade tokens... havent even used the ones I have before... pointless arent they since T5U isnt as good as T6. and ship doffs makes no distinction between regular and upgrade...

I have a Flett Arbiter and a Fleet T5U Avenger. The only difference is that the Fleet Arbiter has that LtCom Tac/Intel seat, the stats are the same, the console slots are the same, etc...

And my Fed Rommie Tac still scores #1 on Crystaline Entity advanced with her Scimitar (and no T6 ship trait...)

• Options
    sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    I wish those e-mails could be sent out a bit earlier as noted before in this very thread. They are quite consistently late when it comes to presenting the ( former) news. Good thing it wasn't Bank inventory though! That would have been a real bummer. Oh, and the Excelsior is prettier than all the ugly stuff made after the TOS movie era, all those "modern" saucers look like they were modeled after spoons or something. Not that spoons are bad. They are good for dealing with soup for example. But not exactly the shape of all my dreams. Just to bring another thought to the table, somewhat in the minority here, beyond doubt.

My initial Fed char lives inside an Excelsior, so there is that. He got all the versions, especially any giveaway ones. ;-)
  • Options
    grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    TRIBBLE i wa checking the announcement page for anything new for giveaways and saw the previous one so thought the giveaway thing was over since nothing new in the promo tab, there really should be a notice on the login splash screen or a notification on login about this stuff cause im rather salty about missing this after only finding out after someone told me about the final giveaway after the ship giveaway had finished >_>
  • Options
    sohtohsohtoh Member Posts: 620 Arc User
    darleath wrote: »
    tigeraries wrote: »
    upgrade tokens... havent even used the ones I have before... pointless arent they since T5U isnt as good as T6. and ship doffs makes no distinction between regular and upgrade...

I have a Flett Arbiter and a Fleet T5U Avenger. The only difference is that the Fleet Arbiter has that LtCom Tac/Intel seat, the stats are the same, the console slots are the same, etc...

And my Fed Rommie Tac still scores #1 on Crystaline Entity advanced with her Scimitar (and no T6 ship trait...)

Not counting the hull and shield bonus that the Arbiter gets over the Avenger (as it is minor), the LtC Tac becoming a LtC Tac-Intel is a major difference, but you are forgetting the Lt-Uni becoming a LtC-Uni.

Depending on the build, the higher level Boff seat can make a huge difference.
    "I'm not big on telepaths myself. I'm not big on guns either. But if everyone else has them, I want to make sure I can get my hands on the biggest one I can."
  • Options
    With the T5 Excelsior giveaway, do we still get the advanced transwarp console?
  • Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 916 Arc User
    It's not a console on the retrofit, it's built in.